RochHoch

One Winged Slayer
May 22, 2018
Yeah, it's way too early for Astro Royale.

And considering how Wakui's last series ended up, there's not exactly much of a guarantee that it'll turn out well even if it does dodge the axe...

If it survives, I'll let that one sit for a while before I consider reading it.

A.J.

Oct 25, 2017
Surprised people are recommending Astro Royale after how Tokyo Revengers ended. Granted I guess it was entertaining in it's own way.

Avis

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Ghost Fixers 6
Yeahhhhhhhh give me that reality warping, that's the good stuff. Definitely the most interesting entity so far.

I'm starting to wonder if the youtube show at the start of each chapter is a ghost itself or something, it seems to have access to a ton of information...

diakyu

Dec 15, 2018
Sakamoto Days Newest

It's kind of crazy that we're going along with this insane and obvious set up by Uzuki. I mean come on guys the dude is trojan horsing his way to safety. I bet this was well within their plans and Gaku will be able to act accordingly. Very interested to see what will happen with this one.I do think there's a very real outcome of this where Nagumo dies. It just feels like that's where some of his recent character work has been going., maybe that's just me.

mrmickfran

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Gongaga
Girl Meets Rock 15-19
Oh my gooood the JJK reference 🤣🤣🤣

HA9SfAM.jpeg

Aww, poor Chihiro.
Nooo, when a place hires you on the spot, that's a massive red flag! Get outta there girl!

Rin has def committed a crime before.

SilentPanda

Nov 6, 2017
Earth
China trying to make a Chairman Mao statue in the mountain, but messed up and now it look like Hirohiko Araki (The creator of Jojo Bizarre adventure)
R2sHqNB.png

Orayn

Oct 25, 2017
Caught up on Shojo Null. The art is still a bit rough but overall it's a fun action series with a conspiracy thriller backdrop that depicts every single cop as a bloodthirsty maniac. The longer it runs, the more it reminds me of HBO Westworld, in a good way.

Nakenorm

"This guy are sick"
The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
Been going through Dragon Ball for the 100th time and man, I still find it impressive how gorgeous and well drawn that series is. Few shonen have ever been comparable honestly.

grand

Oct 25, 2017
I'm so confused on Dandadan getting a chapter during the Golden Week break (it had a chapter last week too during the actual holiday)

Orayn

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah Dandadan is a Jump Plus series, they don't necessarily take the same breaks as WSJ. Spy x Family has also published chapters when WSJ was off.

diakyu

Dec 15, 2018
Dandadan really has a way of surprising you. I cannot believe we just have a normal ass cop throwing down in the middle of this. I ain't hating though because he's going above and beyond the call of duty. Serpo's main weapon being the form of a store cash register/table is also fucking crazy but it's dandadan so you just go with it.

KujoJosuke

Oct 25, 2017
Class no Daikirai na Joshi to Kekkon Suru Koto ni Natta (I'm Getting Married to a Girl I Hate in My Class) 21.2

uh, this manga is always kinda nuts and high energy but this chapter sure is something else

mrmickfran

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Gongaga
Girl Meets Rock 20-21
This is kinda gay ngl

Ayame: Nobody likes me.
Maybe stop talking shit, that'll get you some friends.

Rin, you're scaring me.
Rin vs. Aizen vs. Kaguya, who's the best planner?

Aaronrules380

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Seeing people on Reddit arguing on a thread about the Kengan Asura mangaka complaining about the official English translation of Kengan Omega and how the fan translation was better as proof that Ai translation isn't so bad and localizers are the bane of translations

This despite the fact said Reddit thread includes the detail that said official English translation that the author complained about was done by ChatGPT and was not touched by human translators

Stoof

Oct 25, 2017
Frieren 130
Really good chapter and those last two pages are going to make the hiatus more painful. I'm gonna miss them. :(

A.J.

Oct 25, 2017
Frieren 130:
Oh, nice Denken is getting rolled into this arc too.

But yeah, Frieren getting up early is an ominous sign to enter the hiatus on.

Jintor

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Oct 25, 2017
Seeing people on Reddit arguing on a thread about the Kengan Asura mangaka complaining about the official English translation of Kengan Omega and how the fan translation was better as proof that Ai translation isn't so bad and localizers are the bane of translations

This despite the fact said Reddit thread includes the detail that said official English translation that the author complained about was done by ChatGPT and was not touched by human translators

what? the official translation was... what???

Yonafunu

Oct 26, 2017
Been a while since I've posted in a general Manga discussion OT, last time was probably in the Manga Community thread over at the old place.

Anybody over here reading Fool Night? It's been one of my favorite currently running series for a few years now, with some of the most interesting dystopian-future concepts I've read in a long time.

djinn

Nov 16, 2017
Kindy Wars
I thought we would be getting a dreaded love triangle but this Terayaki guy is alright.

Nakenorm

"This guy are sick"
The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
Been a while since I've posted in a general Manga discussion OT, last time was probably in the Manga Community thread over at the old place.

Anybody over here reading Fool Night? It's been one of my favorite currently running series for a few years now, with some of the most interesting dystopian-future concepts I've read in a long time.
Never even heard about it tbh. Elevator pitch?

Yonafunu

Oct 26, 2017
Never even heard about it tbh. Elevator pitch?

Takes place in Japan, at least 100 years in the future. For some unspecified reason, about 100 years before the start of the series thick dark clouds appeared in the sky and blocked out the sun, casting the world in a permanent cold night. This caused all the natural plantlife to die out and has made oxygen increasingly scarce. To combat this, humanity has invented something called "transfloration", a technology to grow plants from humans. A seed is inplanted into a dying person, and the plant uses the lifeforce of the person to grow to maturity over the course of two years, ultimately turning the human into a special plant that can produce oxygen under weak light. For ethical reasons the procedure is only available to people who are already dying, but the government pays 10 million yen in financial support to anyone who has undergone the surgery. You can imagine how that works out in a world already going to shit.

The story follows two childhood friends who meet again after having grown apart, one of them fallen on hard times and the other working at the transfloration institute, and examines the consequences of this new technology on the people, politics and society from the perspective of these two characters.

I just saw that the first volume is available on Viz, so please check it out if you it's accessible to you and anyone else reading this. There's a real rawness to the way it depicts this whole premise, the art is gnarly with some great character designs and body horror, and the characters are all interesting and relatable to varying degrees, not to mention a story of mystery and intrigue on top of it all.

Nakenorm

"This guy are sick"
The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
Takes place in Japan, at least 100 years in the future. For some unspecified reason, about 100 years before the start of the series thick dark clouds appeared in the sky and blocked out the sun, casting the world in a permanent cold night. This caused all the natural plantlife to die out and has made oxygen increasingly scarce. To combat this, humanity has invented something called "transfloration", a technology to grow plants from humans. A seed is inplanted into a dying person, and the plant uses the lifeforce of the person to grow to maturity over the course of two years, ultimately turning the human into a special plant that can produce oxygen under weak light. For ethical reasons the procedure is only available to people who are already dying, but the government pays 10 million yen in financial support to anyone who has undergone the surgery. You can imagine how that works out in a world already going to shit.

The story follows two childhood friends who meet again after having grown apart, one of them fallen on hard times and the other working at the transfloration institute, and examines the consequences of this new technology on the people, politics and society from the perspective of these two characters.

I just saw that the first volume is available on Viz, so please check it out if you it's accessible to you and anyone else reading this. There's a real rawness to the way it depicts this whole premise, the art is gnarly with some great character designs and body horror, and the characters are all interesting and relatable to varying degrees, not to mention a story of mystery and intrigue on top of it all.
Okay yeah that looks great. Will pick up the first volume when I order my next batch of books.

Grexeno

Sorry for your ineptitude
Oct 25, 2017
Can't tell if Nue is falling out of favor or it's just the next to join the Undead Unluck/Elusive Samurai/Yozakura Family club of "safe, but always at the back of the ToC to represent where the drop line is"