• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Oct 25, 2017
Spy X Family

Feels like certain people need to read this chapter...

Ruridragon

A surprisingly low-key series so far. Nobody is yelling or going crazy.
It is funny how everyone is reacting like "Huh... neat"

Last edited:

Bengraven

Powered by Friendship™
Oct 26, 2017
Florida
Gotta be honest. A cute dragon girl manga with that art that doesn't seem to be fanservicy and has this kind of exposure might be right up my alley.

Edit: I fucking love it. Everyone is so apathetic. Her teacher: "you good? Okay, let's start class…"

Last edited:

Striferser

Oct 28, 2017
Am I the only one reading and loving Kajiki Chef?

The art is so great and the two MC are charming and I'm digging the side characters.

Not sure I needed the knife to suddenly be revealed to be a half naked gyaru but she's fun too.
I like Kajiki chef. Been fans of Suzuki Sanami even since I read Match Shoujo and her other one shot. Her artwork is so distinctive and pleasing for my eye.

Ruri Dragon.
When I first read the oneshot, I thought it was published in Harta magazine. Quite surprising that its actually published in Jump+. I have high hope for the serialization.

A.J.

Oct 25, 2017
RuriDragon #1:

I'm also a big fan of how comically subdued everyone in this series is acting.

Geg

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah RuriDragon was really cute and fun. Definitely surprised by how subdued all the humor and reactions were lol. I guess I'm way too used to everything being more over the top in shonen anime/manga

Bengraven

Powered by Friendship™
Oct 26, 2017
Florida
I really hope RuriDragon keeps on the slice of life pattern it seems to be heading.

So weird that mom was like "oh yeah i went and hung out with your dad you never met before. He is proud. Anyway, let's go get some food".

NSESN

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Ruri dragon
For someone that brethes fire her series is so chill instead

Ravelle

Oct 31, 2017
Chainsaw Man vol 1 & 2. - This was way weirder than I thought it was gonna be, what a weird setup. I'm digging the characters and the world so far.
Spy x Family 5 - This series remains very good and just a joy reading.

Boogiepop

Oct 25, 2017
Obviously remains to be seen how it will develop, but instantly rooting for RuriDragon. That definitely really worked for me.

Honestly, been really digging a fair bit of the Jump lineup lately, feeling very positive on a good number of series.

Poodlestrike

Smooth vs. Crunchy
Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
Undead Unluck: the gift was stupid but it's really gonna feel bad when Andy kills this dude.

And agreed on Ruri Dragon having a fun start. Very chill, probably going to get more demi-human classmates over time.

Mandos

Nov 27, 2017
Ruri dragon 1
Cute new series. Surprisingly chill considering how much trouble winds up happening(she almost takes a classmate's head off with a fire breath sneeze that destroys her untransformed throat so bad she's coughing blood) . Love the touch of her pupils slowly change to reptilian slits over the course of the chapter, fully changing when she lets off the fire breath

RuffMadman

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
USA
100 GFs Ch 100

Rentarou voting for everyone makes him worthy of that #1 position. I'll assume GF#20 will show up next chapter so on this pace, we'll be over 500 chapters before we reach the 100th girlfriend.

SigmasonicX

Oct 25, 2017
So uh the new Earthchild chapter seems to have narration from the kid when he's older reflecting back on these events and the chapter title has "final" in it. I'm getting really strong "ending next chapter" vibes.

RuriDragon was fun, though I noticed that the art got sketchy toward the end. That makes me concerned that this artist won't be able to handle a weekly series.

I'll agree that Aliens Area chapter 2 wasn't bad, though it's still far from being a winner. Still a lot of eye closeups for the aliens.

Super Smartphone confirmed last week that the L-style detective is a woman, which is nice. Then this chapter proceeded to show her in her underwear and on the toilet. Less nice, but also she wasn't drawn in a particularly sexy way I guess. I feel like the next chapter, with the conversation between the protag, her, and the antagonist will largely settle if this series is going to last or not.

With Witch Watch, I have to say that the student council president is growing on me.

Nakenorm

"This guy are sick"
The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
So with Berserk resuming what Manga of Kouji Mori would you recommend? I've been leaning towards Holyland for a long time since I've always heard good things about it but are any of his others works good?

Lotus

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
So with Berserk resuming what Manga of Kouji Mori would you recommend? I've been leaning towards Holyland for a long time since I've always heard good things about it but are any of his others works good?

Curious about his other works myself, but I know you definitely can't go wrong with Holyland

Oct 25, 2017
Ruri Dragon Based off people's reactions I was certain I was gonna hate this but this was fucking great. Art's stellar. Humor is stellar. Tone is phenomenally stellar. Hoping this is gonna continue to be great.

Blue Box Not the biggest fan of this series but this was a pretty good chapter.

Mashle Gonna be honest, kinda amazed at how good that art was. Like I like Mashle, but I feel like the art has really taken a step up at some point.

turbobrick

Oct 25, 2017
Phoenix, AZ
ruri drargon - was pretty good. though it mostly follows the one-shot and I liked that too, so makes sense I guess. I just wonder what kinda story its going to have being an actual series.

May 2022 Community Recommendation
OP
OP
LaunchpadMcQ

LaunchpadMcQ

Oct 25, 2017
May 2022 Community Recommendation
Smile Down the Runway (by Kotoba Inoya)

Ej6Iv2O.png

Model and Designer Chase Their Dreams on the Runway | 22 volumes, complete, licensed in English by Kodansha
Chiyuki Fujito has a dream: to become a Paris Collection model. The problem is, she's too short to be a model, and everyone around her tells her so! But no matter what they say, she won't give up. Her classmate, a poor student named Ikuto Tsumura, also has a dream: to become a fashion designer. One day Chiyuki tells him that it's "probably impossible" for him, causing him to consider giving it up? This is the story of two individuals wholeheartedly chasing after their dreams in spite of all the negativity that comes after them.(source)

From Nemesis162:
What a fantastic manga. Read Runway de Waratte. I began to read this in 2017 in it's debut and leave it on chapter 12 since it wasn't that interesting at the time to me even if I liked so I leave it to get more chapters for me to go back.. but I came back to it these days since I saw many chapters translated, got up to what is translated and whoa, the art, the story, the characters, the path to realize a dream with all the problems, the drama, the fashion and modeling, it's fucking amazing. One of the best shonen manga currently published, one of the best from shonen magazine and one of the best manga on the market. Definitely up there over my favorites. (source)

Grahf

Oct 27, 2017
Just finished reading Dr Stone. The trip was nice but the destination not so much.

So the whole thing was perpetrated by advanced machines who just wanted to make humans immortal so they could in turn make more batteries for the machine ? Either I don't get it or it's a very stupid way of doing things.
And just who created the medusas ? I was sure we were gonna have closure on Senku's conveniently missing father but no, not a word on him.
Why not just make the step father the real father if you're not gonna use him anyway ? I don't get it.
Until the end my theory was "this advanced alien civilization is destroying all the planets who hosts evolved and technology advanced species so we made you all inert for thousands of years to survive". Also would have matched up with the few sentences they receive from space, especially the last one "Do you want to die ?". At least they subverted my expectations on that I guess.

Also while I'm here : any way to legally read Kekkai Sensen / Blood Blockade Battlefront online ?

Orayn

Oct 25, 2017
Dandadan - 61

They took a fairly long and indirect route to an empowered Jiji joining the main cast, but it looks like we're finally there. I expect the next big story arc will probably start soon, very excited to see where things go from here.

SigmasonicX

Oct 25, 2017
Exactly, why even bring that up to do nothing with this "revelation" ?
To make it not creepy if Senku were to hook up with one of the Ishigami Village people, since they wouldn't be related to him at all. Not that he would or did, or that there would be a meaningful blood relationship at this point.

Oct 25, 2017
There are theories that Byakuya was going to be Senku's biological father, but when they introduced the element that the people of Ishigami Village are descended from the astronauts, suddenly Senku became adopted.
Which is weird because after 3700 years, it's no longer incest. Senku even mentions that.
Plus, he has shown zero interest in women so it's not like they planned to hook him up with Kohaku.

RochHoch

One Winged Slayer
May 22, 2018
Dandadan 61
And to think Jiji's undies were the true evil mastermind here lol

Brilliant art as usual. It's funny how Okarun doesn't punch, his arsenal is limited to squats, kicks, and headbuts. I wonder if Turbo Granny's power doesn't do much for his arms.

Orayn

Oct 25, 2017
Diamond in the Rough - 39

Looks like we've got some new rivals, and they're very dangerous. More good worldbuilding in this chapter too.

Marriagetoxin - 9

Always a curveball with this series. Starts with pure cringe comedy, gets really heavy, and goes right back. It also seems like they're angling to make this into a completely absurd bisexual not-a-harem scenario.

Last edited:

Bengraven