A.J.

Oct 25, 2017
World Trigger 220:

I more or less share the same thoughts with Ouji about how important scoring high is on this test. Poor Tachikawa though lol.

alexi52

Oct 28, 2017

Clearly Shueisha saw it out selling their other Magic series and then offered the guy a check to extend this shit

Orayn

Oct 25, 2017
More Mashle? Fuck yes. It deserves to be a tentpole series for Jump. The way it blends battle and gag manga conventions is fantastic.

alexi52

Oct 28, 2017
The joke wore thin fast for me so unless the latter parts really take a swerve I can't see how you stretch that out even further.
Easy by taking the OPM approach making the side characters take over while abandoning its gag manga roots in favor of becoming the very thing it was parodying, the clear fate of a OPM knock off

SigmasonicX

Oct 25, 2017
I'm surprised, since the main villain is seemingly the last significant member of the villain organization left. I suppose they could always just introduce more villains, but more than any other recent series, this is going to be some obvious extending.

A.J.

Oct 25, 2017
Easy by taking the OPM approach making the side characters take over while abandoning its gag manga roots in favor of becoming the very thing it was parodying, the clear fate of a OPM knock off
It dosen't even really need to do that because Mash isn't OP enough to need to be relegated to a minor role.

Voror

Oct 25, 2017
I'm surprised, since the main villain is seemingly the last significant member of the villain organization left. I suppose they could always just introduce more villains, but more than any other recent series, this is going to be some obvious extending.

They could introduce someone with the same physical capabilities as a real rival for him.

But yeah, the current dude always seemed like the big bad. Maybe they introduce someone that corrupted them or perhaps the fact some of the wands seem capable of summing God's comes more into play.

February 2022 Community Recommendation
OP
OP
LaunchpadMcQ

LaunchpadMcQ

Oct 25, 2017
Downfall (by Inio Asano)

mWzrolO.jpg

Descent of a Struggling Manga Artist | 1 volume, completed, licensed in English by Viz
Selling copies is the only thing that matters. So what if your first series just ended and you have no idea how to start the next one, your marriage is breaking up, your pure love of manga has been destroyed by the cruel reality of the industry and nothing seems to fill the sucking void inside you. Find the secret combo for a new hit manga series and everything will be okay. Right? (source)

From Demoli:
An incredibly sad and depressing story that reads like a call for help by the Author, it's about how a manga artist's depression makes his life spiral out of control. I won't say anything else because while it won't cheer you up its still a really well told story with a very poignant end. (source)

Orayn

Oct 25, 2017
Don't like that tbh, it's fine if the author just wants to continue but Jump shouldn't interfere.
I wouldn't assume they're interfering with the content at all or telling the author that the series needs to continue, just that they saw the potential for it to run longer and gave the option.

AoM

Oct 31, 2017
Who says they did? If they were going to interfere with any series it would have been Demon Slayer.
Kimetsu ended with 23 volumes.

If Komoto's earlier statement was accurate, the series would have ended around Vol. 14. Jump would want any series that's selling that well and still showing growth even before an anime to go longer than that.

alexi52

Oct 28, 2017
But also... why would they do that for Mashle and not others?
Who says they didn't, they most likely have tried to convince some of the mangakas like Horikoshi and Gotouge to extend their series, the difference here is they succeeded, probably because they got to this guy before he hit the burn out phase

Lotus

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Fujiwara potentially being gay/bi would be interesting, not the first time the author flirted with the idea of her and Hayasaka if I recall

A.J.

Oct 25, 2017
Honestly I'm disappointed that my low key ship between Hayasaka's mom and Papagane looks to be a no go

Wyze

Nov 15, 2018
World Trigger 220

Osamu keeps getting underrated and disrespected. Low key carrying Suwa squad with his special assignment answers and teamwork coordination.

You'd think by this point Border Agents will get the hint. Osamu is not on Mizukami levels of IQ, but that doesnt mean he isnt a brilliant and tactical prodigy in his own right, dude carried his team to second place in B-Rank wars, yes he had 2 absolute powerhouses of units but he also has to devised tactics and plans around Chika's inability to kill, a major handicap, and also plan around his low trion levels.

RochHoch

One Winged Slayer
May 22, 2018
World Trigger is killing me with this pacing. This would be downright glacial if it were still weekly

I'm sure Ashihara put a lot of time and effort into devising this arc a long time ago and wants to get it out there. But with monthly chapters, this shit is RIDICULOUS, please move it along

A.J.

Oct 25, 2017
World Trigger is killing me with this pacing

I'm sure Ashihara put a lot of time and effort into devising this arc a long time ago and wants to get it out there. But with monthly chapters, this shit is RIDICULOUS, please move it along
Tune in next month for Kitora to get her essay proofread by Azuma.

Yukari

Mar 28, 2018
Thailand
Kaguya - 255

Gan'an: My will and treasures? If you want it, you can have it! Search for it! I left it all at that place!

Well, the Shinomeya family wars are starting now. The shijos sides who support Oko and Marriage probably join too.

But I wonder Gan'an really wants to see his children fight each other before going to die?

Also Nao/Hayasaka's mom, safe to assume that she shoot someone before.

AoM

Oct 31, 2017
Most Japanese readers only read a series, especially one that's (semi)monthly, through the tankobon so chapter-to-chapter pacing really doesn't come into play.

Reminds me of the current match in 3-gatsu, which has gotten six chapters with 9-10 pages each in the past five months, but most of the Japanese fans won't read these until Vol. 17 releases.

Voror

Oct 25, 2017
Honestly I'm disappointed that my low key ship between Hayasaka's mom and Papagane looks to be a no go

Yeah I won't deny being a bit sad about that since it had potential. Could have seen Kaguya being all for it if someone pointed out that if they married, then it could technically make Hayasaka her sister via marriage to Miyuki in addition to Kei.

Stabi

Oct 25, 2017
France / san francisco
Downfall (by Inio Asano)

mWzrolO.jpg

Descent of a Struggling Manga Artist | 1 volume, completed, licensed in English by Viz

From Demoli:

Thanks for the recommendation.

That was a great manga. I don't want to comment about it too much because I feel that I can't explain how I felt about it without spoiling part of the story.

It's a short read and deals with themes I'm not used to read about in manga. Would recommend if you want to read something a bit serious and you don't need to like the main protag to enjoy a story.

Yukari

Mar 28, 2018
Thailand

She couldn't handle him anyways

Same. That would have been a lot of fun.

love is war, love is war, love is war~~

This is Aka manga we talking about

Can't see the "Safe Piece arc" end without a bloodbath. Shinomeyas Family are Mafia after all.

NSESN

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Solanin

I am not the type to read these type of manga but it was a really good experience. It hits home a lot of times specially the strugles of the main couple.

Tho as much as I liked reading it I dont think I will be able to read anything similar anytime soon. I need escapism

Last edited:

Jintor

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah I cannot bring myself to even start Punpun given what people keep implying about it

Classy Tomato

Jun 2, 2019
I've read a couple of Asano's works, and yeah, Solanin is the most "accessible" one, in a sense that it won't leave us depressed and empty for quite some time.

On a related note, Downfall is just full of cynicism that makes me a bit worried about Asano's mental health. It also makes me want to read more grounded, un-bakuman manga about the life of manga artists. After reading some Oshi no Ko's chapters, I feel like Akasaka can do excellent and insightful work on the subject.

Lotus

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I've been trying to finish Punpun for years, I always fall off for no particular reason lol

Rosebud

Two Pieces
Apr 16, 2018
Gachiakuta 3

Looks like Kodansha has great expectations for this one, and I can see why. Next chapter can't come soon enough.

ojbd

Jul 18, 2018
Dead dead demons - end

Yeah, definitely deels like a series where I lack the proper cultural context to "get" the ending. These past few chapters have just been a confusing mess and I can't tell if that was intentional, or if the mangaka just wanted to wrap things up (maybe it's somewhere in the middle).

Xita

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
The Children of Shiunji Family 1

I guess Reiji was sitting around one day and was like, "You know what Rent-a-Girlfriend needs? More incest!" Because that's basically what this is, even down to the mob of simps ogling at the girls (TWO times in ONE chapter this happens). It's kind of crazy how bad the exposition is here, like why is the brother introducing his sisters to his other brother as if he doesn't know who they are or what they do lol. I know there's a certain degree of suspension of belief at times with exposition but this one breaks right through it for me.

Funniest part for me though is that they aren't pulling any punches with what it's about, already having the characters be like, "Well incest isn't that bad really" and trying to rationalize it because boys be horny huehuehue

Also I dunno if you guys can tell they're family or not but if you can't don't worry they'll remind you every page they're brothers and sisters. And the big twist at the end is that they're not blood-related… I just can't…

Boy's Abyss 85

Man I get so much schadenfreude when Sensei's plans get screwed over.

RochHoch

One Winged Slayer
May 22, 2018
One Piece 1042
Law and Kid: "WE WONT LET YOU REACH THE ROOF!"

X Drake: "Whoops"

Bruh. What a useless bum. CP0 guy doesn't even have a name

Next chapter sounds right for a Kaido flashback to start. Should be interesting

Spy X Family 61
Loid just needs to assassinate the old lady to save his mission, clearly. Or send Yor to do it. Easy peasy.

Last edited: