RochHoch

One Winged Slayer
May 22, 2018
Sakamoto Days 164
Dear lord, the choreography. Takamura is terrifying, what a fun spin on the classic strong old man in shonen

Undead Unluck 205
Man, this series is just amazing. It physically pains me that the anime got screwed over in like three different ways, because it deserves the world.

Since this loop started, Nico has been a real standout character. He went from that grumpy science guy who went rogue the one time to cool science uncle, and this word battle is a great way to let him shine.

Kagurabachi 31
That's our big bad alright. With that seeds of hatred line, it sounds like sending Chihiro on a revenge quest might have been part of his plan? Maybe they wanted him wielding his sword in anger to strengthen it or something.

Oct 25, 2017
One Piece Wait like.... like all of them? Like every island???

KagurabachiI swear this arc has just been a test to see how many cool last pages can we jam in a row.

MHA There's no way we are not almost at the end of this fight. Which I guess means we are in spitting distance of MHA ending? Huh? That's a weird thought.

Kyokuto Necromancer I do dig the lowkey horror vibe in this one. Like they're stands sure, but they're kinda spooky stands.

Spy X Family[/b Okay this bit of backstory is actually a lot more fun than I thought it would be considering who it's about.

The Bear

Forest Animal
Oct 25, 2017
Green Green Greens - I swear if they axe this I'll be very sad.

Astro Royale - The rest of the plot and worldbuilding is pretty rote so far, but the relationship between the two leads has me interested. I hope the series becomes something interesting rather than a more boring version of Hunter x Hunter's current arc.

Kagurabachi - The art in this series is so weird. Lot of it is drawn well, except for the facial expressions of the MC. This has to be done on purpose, right?

Bengraven

Powered by Friendship™
Oct 26, 2017
Florida
Fuck. King. FINALLY.

Now I can have it side by side with the Japanese edition I own.

Edit: fuck. Can't preorder yet.

mrmickfran

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Gongaga
Was the new Yozakura Family episode today an anime original? I tried looking for it in the manga but the chapter after the last episode is a completely different arc.

Oct 25, 2017
Kagurabachi 31
That's our big bad alright. With that seeds of hatred line, it sounds like sending Chihiro on a revenge quest might have been part of his plan? Maybe they wanted him wielding his sword in anger to strengthen it or something.

I actually think this might be more an Orochimaru situation. He doesn't recognize the guy, but the guy was likely there, so maybe he's a body snatcher? Might be wanting Chihiro to get stronger so he can grab the body right at the moment it's nearly on par with him? That might also be how he plans on weilding the sword?

Oct 27, 2017
Blue Box 147
Maybe it's just me, but I find Taiki's interactions almost more annoying now than before when him and Chinatsu weren't dating. At least then he wasn't sure how he felt, but she's the only one acting like they're a couple while he's still embarrassed at every little thing and we keep getting this contrived, nonsense about them having to be a secret for reasons

Sep 5, 2021
Was the new Yozakura Family episode today an anime original? I tried looking for it in the manga but the chapter after the last episode is a completely different arc.

Not really, they adapted chapters 40 and 10 this time, along with a few parts from other chapters, for example some parts/scenes are from chapters 13, 11, 5, 6 and 9. Here is a summary of the episode with the origin of each scene from another site:

Two chapters for the 1st time. Chapters 40 and 10 were adapted this time, along with a few parts from other chapters.

- Pre-OP scene is from ch.10, but is anime-original after Kengo appears. Kengo's disguise is from ch13.-
- Post-OP scene with Shinzo is anime-original.
- School scene is from ch4, changed slightly to transition into ch40.
- Kengo scene is mostly the same as ch40, just some extra dialogue to set up Mama Yozakura more.
- Shinzo infiltration scene is anime-original, Shion magnifiers might come from another chapter but I don't remember.
- Looking for Kengo is mostly the same, Shinzo appears in the manga but is missing here for obvious reasons.
- The Mutsumi smirk is new, not sure if Mutusmi smirking mentally about what she'll do to the room or foreshadowing that Kengo is hiding as a painting.
- Rest of the family appearing again is anime-original, not sure if the drug cartel is a reference I'm forgetting.
- End of hide and seek plays out the same, though the painting Kengo hides Taiyo behind is the mangaka's goat-thing avatar in the anime.
- Kengo's flashback is anime-original, along with his conversation with Taiyo after.
- Since the start of ch11 was already used at the beginning of the episode, new curry scene was added to transition into ch11.
- Shinzo explains how he got in this situation in the manga, but instead of the safe alarm, the group he was infiltrating was foreworn of his arrival.
- Anime cuts out a bit of further explanation about Shinzo's mission, most importantly that it's actually a request from the police. This will probably come up next episode.
- The scene with Taiyo and the lone henchman is taken from ch5, including the character design of the henchman.
- The scene with multiple henchmen is loosely adapting a scene from ch6, this time the henchmen design's are different though.
- The flashback with Shinzo giving him Yae is anime-original, though him using it to disable communication is from ch6 again.
- Rest of episode is pretty faithful to ch10, with some minor changes here and there.
- Context is different, but last scene is first page of ch9

mrmickfran

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Gongaga
Not really, they adapted chapters 40 and 10 this time, along with a few parts from other chapters, for example some parts/scenes are from chapters 13, 11, 5, 6 and 9. Here is a summary of the episode with the origin of each scene from another site:

Two chapters for the 1st time. Chapters 40 and 10 were adapted this time, along with a few parts from other chapters.

- Pre-OP scene is from ch.10, but is anime-original after Kengo appears. Kengo's disguise is from ch13.-
- Post-OP scene with Shinzo is anime-original.
- School scene is from ch4, changed slightly to transition into ch40.
- Kengo scene is mostly the same as ch40, just some extra dialogue to set up Mama Yozakura more.
- Shinzo infiltration scene is anime-original, Shion magnifiers might come from another chapter but I don't remember.
- Looking for Kengo is mostly the same, Shinzo appears in the manga but is missing here for obvious reasons.
- The Mutsumi smirk is new, not sure if Mutusmi smirking mentally about what she'll do to the room or foreshadowing that Kengo is hiding as a painting.
- Rest of the family appearing again is anime-original, not sure if the drug cartel is a reference I'm forgetting.
- End of hide and seek plays out the same, though the painting Kengo hides Taiyo behind is the mangaka's goat-thing avatar in the anime.
- Kengo's flashback is anime-original, along with his conversation with Taiyo after.
- Since the start of ch11 was already used at the beginning of the episode, new curry scene was added to transition into ch11.
- Shinzo explains how he got in this situation in the manga, but instead of the safe alarm, the group he was infiltrating was foreworn of his arrival.
- Anime cuts out a bit of further explanation about Shinzo's mission, most importantly that it's actually a request from the police. This will probably come up next episode.
- The scene with Taiyo and the lone henchman is taken from ch5, including the character design of the henchman.
- The scene with multiple henchmen is loosely adapting a scene from ch6, this time the henchmen design's are different though.
- The flashback with Shinzo giving him Yae is anime-original, though him using it to disable communication is from ch6 again.
- Rest of episode is pretty faithful to ch10, with some minor changes here and there.
- Context is different, but last scene is first page of ch9
What the hell, this is a weird way to adapt a series.

I think I'll wait until the season ends before going into the manga in that case. Thank you!

djinn

Nov 16, 2017
Blue Box
Just kiss her in public. Stop this fluffing around.

Spy Fam
SHUT UP A HENDERSON MARTHA FLASHBACK? 😍😍😍

Polar Opposites
Get it, Nishi! GET HIM.

Avis

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Undead Unluck 205
Holy crap what a chapter. Man oh man.
I love how Language was like "finally, our battle will be legendary!" then just gets NOT ONLY curbstompted but also gets the rules flipped on her to get interrogated. Nico is firmly cemented as my third favorite character (behind Fuuko and Andy ofc) which is crazy to think, considering how I remember finding him almost an annoying filler villain bringing the story to a halt once upon a time. In retrospect, that fight set up his arc and this conclusion beautifully.

And lol Feng at the end, dude looks like he's going to try to martial arts a supernova

Saka Days 164
Always nice to see public transportation helping the elderly get around in a timely manner.
If you listen closely, you can hear the sound of thousands of power scalers reorganizing their tier lists.

Kagurabachi 31
It's weird because this almost feels like a "it's getting cancelled" chapter, but it's clearly not.
I've seen people discussing the body snatcher theory and I'm hoping it's true cause tbh this guy's design is pretty lame, the mismatch color of hair and eyebrows looks not great, makes him look like he wearing a wig.

Necromance 2
Ehhh, starting to not feel it. We'll see what happens next chapter but it's really gotta do someone to make itself stand out more as an exorcist series.

Oct 26, 2017
Dandadan
Hey Okarun , you got this even if you don't have powers

Also the police man and Serpo in the altered world was pretty cool

New food manga
I'm so hungry I could eat basashi horse sashimi)
I don't think I'll ever be hungry enough to try horse meat but the way the MC portrays food is appetizing.

super-famicom

Avenger
Oct 26, 2017
I'm So Hungry I Could Eat Basashi* 1

*basashi = raw horse

Ok, another art-themed manga? Seems to be a trend nowadays...
But this was pretty funny. Dude can't eat food unless he looks at good artwork of it.

RadioHeadAche

Oct 26, 2017
Or a live action thing or a stage play or something. It'll almost certainly get the latter at some point at least IMO.

Hikaru is very popular, but it doesn't feel like it will be *that* long of a story. I was expecting it to get an anime right after it ends, but that doesn't feel imminent.
Are there enough chapters for a 12 episode season, or something? A live-action thing is pretty likely too, but I wasn't sure since the more paranormal stuff likely would look better in animation

Mortemis

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Akane Banashi 83 - 108

don't know why I took a break, but that was fun as hell bingeing through it. Akane finding/reclaiming her own style is great. I think my favorite part of this series is how you can really see the joy she has when performing rakugou. Also happy we're really diving into the event that kicked this whole series off. Maikeru always seemed to have an angry/serious side so I'm guessing we'll see that channeled into his rakugou with it being a lot different than how he is irl.

MaxAugust

Jan 28, 2018
Are there enough chapters for a 12 episode season, or something? A live-action thing is pretty likely too, but I wasn't sure since the more paranormal stuff likely would look better in animation
I'm not caught up ATM, so no clue where it could stop, but there is enough for 12 episodes.

Now that I think about it, I am expecting an anime. Young Ace has been very aggressive at pushing it since it is free online and has full chapter dubs with voice actors available on Youtube. Getting a quick anime season out there would fit with their strategy.

If they green lit it right when the manga came put and won awards, now seems like about the time stuff might be ready.

mrmickfran

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Gongaga
Spy x Family 97
Wasn't expecting a Henderson and Martha arc, but I am not complaining.
"Sorry, I'm late"
"I don't recall waiting for you." 🤣

Blue Box 147
"Isn't this an indirect kiss?" You two are dating you dork.
Cute chapter, but I kinda wanted Akari to see Chinatsu because I'm a sick and twisted bastard.

Polar Opposites 53
It's been so long that I forgot everything from last chapter lol.
Nissy & Yamada chapters give me so much life.

Lemon 23
"What are you doing here?
"Walking my dog"
"You don't have a dog" LOL

Suzuka falls in love so fast 😂

mrmickfran

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Gongaga
Girl Meets Rock 05-08
Terry Bogard easter egg on the board, based

No fucking way she did the Enel face lmfaoooo

4iKjSCf.jpeg
Yeah, this is a keeper 👌

Oct 25, 2017
One Piece 1113

So....that spider old man couldn't possible that he hinted
Akainu is Nico Robin's actual father
, isn't he?

Also, a very revealed of the truth part about the world is in stake, huh?

Lotus

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
One Piece 1113

So....that spider old man couldn't possible that he hinted
Akainu is Nico Robin's actual father
, isn't he?

Also, a very revealed of the truth part about the world is in stake, huh?

Huh, nah lol, he just blames Akainu because he was present during the Ohara flashback, he destroyed the ships full of civillians/scholars, yet Robin managed to get away. Of course, they don't know that its because of Kuzan that Robin escaped that day, so publically the fault lies with Akainu as far as they're concerned.

mrmickfran

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Gongaga
I reaally hate having to use the Viz website just to read the M-rated manga, it's such a pain to navigate.

I wish they would put them on the app with some kind of parental control filter or something, but I guess that would affect the rating on the app store

Oct 26, 2017
A bride 's story 108
Talas wanting more spices…in England… a place that seasons everything with salt and pepper…good luck with that

Other than that, a nice chapter

Wishbone Ash

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 29, 2017
Michigan
I reaally hate having to use the Viz website just to read the M-rated manga, it's such a pain to navigate.

I wish they would put them on the app with some kind of parental control filter or something, but I guess that would affect the rating on the app store

Doesn't the Manga Plus app have all those "m-rated" manga and use the same login?

SpottieO

Oct 25, 2017

I read all of Goldsn Kamuy on the web app and it was mostly fine? Like I just kept it up in a tab until I was done. Wasn't as good as the actual app but it was alright.

mrmickfran

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Gongaga
I read all of Goldsn Kamuy on the web app and it was mostly fine? Like I just kept it up in a tab until I was done. Wasn't as good as the actual app but it was alright.
Reading the chapters are fine, but navigating the site to actually find the chapters was always a pain for me.

I made sure to bookmark it now tho

Damn, I guess I never compared libraries. Golden Kamuy and Fire Punch deserve better
What's worse is that they display those and a few other series on the app but tell you that they're only available online

Just let me reead ittttt

Wishbone Ash

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 29, 2017
Michigan
Reading the chapters are fine, but navigating the site to actually find the chapters was always a pain for me.

I made sure to bookmark it now tho

What's worse is that they display those and a few other series on the app but tell you that they're only available online

Just let me reead ittttt

Now that I'm looking at it, that's a problem for a bunch of series, but Fire Punch being the predecessor to Chainsaw Man and Golden Kamuy being one of the greatest manga of all time shouldn't be gated up. I guess I've been ignorant only using the web page to check up on weekly chapters

mrmickfran

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Gongaga
Now that I'm looking at it, that's a problem for a bunch of series, but Fire Punch being the predecessor to Chainsaw Man and Golden Kamuy being one of the greatest manga of all time shouldn't be gated up. I guess I've been ignorant only using the web page to check up on weekly chapters
I think I remember someone saying they can't put it on the app because of its mature content but it's so annoying