• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Walldorf85

Banned
Nov 2, 2020
Is this still true? ;-)

135829748_10216029796096979_2324756330223122381_n.jpg

NCR Ranger

Oct 25, 2017
Such a national embarrassment. Many heads need to roll. Starting with whoever was in charge of doing security during all this.

Baji Boxer

Chicken Chaser
Oct 27, 2017
I wonder how many House Republicans will be expelled? I don't think we'll get all 140 that had been reportedly planning to vote in favor, but I bet we can get north of 60, though obviously it will depend heavily on how many vote in favor of objecting the election results
I think zero, but the attempt has to be made.

BWoog

Oct 27, 2017
So the Capital building isn't even "taken back yet"? Like there are still terrorists roaming the halls?

Marmoka

Oct 27, 2017
The invocation of the 25th amendment does not seem to be coming at all. If only they could and arrest Trump directly,...

Oct 25, 2017
The fragility of USA institutions will forever not be outstanding.
While it's of course great that the Electoral College ballots were spared from the mob, they're just pieces of paper (perhaps the boxes they're in have some historical significance, but nothing that would put the US's institutions are real risk.) If the worst had happened, they would've just called the electoral together again and have them re-cast the ballots and FedEx them to DC to be officially counted, perhaps with much less pomp and circumstance.

asmith906

Oct 27, 2017
I wonder how much confidential information was stolen. You could legit just walk in and take shit.

This is what almost a trillion dollars security budget gets you

jroc74

Oct 27, 2017
Absolutely shocking that there was no plan for this until after the fact.

What we are seeing now should have been the scene from the beginning.

LProtagonist

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
People really think any Republican politicians will be held responsible in any way whatsoever for this? That's laughable. The way in which this situation was handled compared to legitimate protests proves enough that there's no justice to be found here.

Tavernade

Tavernade
Sep 18, 2018
I want to see what happens at curfew, then I'll probably try to stay offline for a bit.

Altazor

Oct 25, 2017
Chile
You thought 2020 was bad?
2021: "Hold my beer."

WTF is going on in the world?

chickens coming home to roost, basically. And, in this specific case, the constant moving of the Overton Window so that fascism is normalized in everyday life has been the goal of fascists for decades - pretty much after the end of WW2. They shifted strategies and but, in the end, the goal has always been the same.

And that is mixed with the fact that the Confederacy was never truly *defeated* @ your Civil War, it was allowed to fester and grow under the surface. KKK don't need hoods and burning crosses if millions already believe in their white supremacist ideas without realizing, if they already dehumanize PoC. They can be subtler and reach many more minds instead of being blunt (with the knowing history and baggage of their symbols).