• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Realyst

Oct 27, 2017
This guy...he's really trying to bs his way into saying "kinda sorta maybe we should consider what if Trump actually won."

The NERVE.

Squarehard

Oct 27, 2017
Why would you say this I'm not attacking anyone? I'm a scared American. Sorry
You just told him he needs to go, so that means either you decided on some very poor choice of words that implies you're telling the poster to, get out, or that you just meant they should step away a bit from the screen because you think they're too angry.

However, implying that insurrection domestic terrorists getting what they deserved, is somehow equivalent to the issues we've been experiencing for these past years, and frankly, forever, you are severely mistaken and should reflect on this more.

mangopositive

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
God damn it, we're supposed to be talking about me and how great I am and how much you like my state now for the first time ever! This sucks.

gimbles123

Oct 27, 2017
Canada is a BIT more "polite" and collectivist compared to Big Brother. So we're always a bit more milquetoast, with the exception that we export a lot of crazy because it doesn't catch as well here: i.e. Proud Boys, Cruz, etc. So like.. our bad. We are too bland for the worst of the worst to take hold (usually, except in the case of our Native Populations we are pretty damn bad) but we don't stop them from influencing and infecting America with crazy.

So O'Toole (current Conservative Party leader) knows the exact same BS doesn't fly here, but rest assured, he and his ilk (Kenney the Alberta Premier and Ford the Ontario Premier) are as GOP as they can get away with.

And it's not like we're not affected in return. I often talk about my Vietnamese parents being straight up morons because they listen to rightwing Viet-American radio and love Trump like he's the messiah to ending communism.

The dynamic you describe is interesting, extremism is more taboo so we import your extremists.

I am of Russian heritage (mother is 100%), and my parents don't have any specific hate for communism, in fact ideologically they like it, but are realistic about its practical failings (obviously my mother lived through those difficulties). Neither of my parents like Trump. Your perspective is probably fairly unique in that regard to heritage, and its impact on perception (like your parents reverence for Trump).

The majority of Canada tends to lean centrist, so you'll find our left and right are far more toned down, compared to American politics. That doesn't mean they don't try to push further their agendas, they're just not as brazen about it.

I'm ignorant to American politics, but isn't Trump inciting this form of violence, condoning domestic terrorism? Isn't that impeachable?

Shit, I would probably take lawful evil, over chaotic evil at this point (not that ideally some lawful good isn't hoped for). The failure of our democracy and the current state of affairs is draining.

I guess that's the basis for impeaching him, but I'm not sure how you would prove culpability based on tweets. Don't get me wrong, morally and ethically he should be kicked out, I am uncertain whether our legal system would fulfill that.

rjinaz

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Phoenix
We're all being hard on the poster, and for good reason, but they are providing us with a look at what the public is going to be thinking going forward. Polling will show the public wants Democrats to work with Republicans and they will blame both sides for the state of things equally.

And Republicans will work that to their advantage so Democrats better come up with some A plus messaging.

Magilla

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Just report the NeoGaf troll so he can go back to sucking off Nazis with the rest of his fuckheads.

Spine Crawler

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Impeachment is the process of accusing the President of an act or acts in violation of their oath serious enough for removal from office.
The 25th Amendment are a list of procedures for when the President may be considered unable or incapable of executing the duties of the office.
The latter is typically referred in instances when the President may be incapacitated (such as during medical procedures) and doesn't necessarily mean the President has done something malicious.
25th was written to address cases where the President is incapacitated due to health reasons, and might not hold up when used in this manner. Impeachment is the actual Constitutional remedy for a President being a threat to the Republic.
Impeachment is a process towards full removal from office. 25th says the President cant serve in his current state (injury/undergoing a surgery/et el)
The 25th is started by the executive branch, Impeachment is started by the legislative branch.

thx. but impeachment should be the right instrument here right?

Firmus_Anguis

AVALANCHE
Oct 30, 2017

I love these two. Wonderful people!

But man, it broke my heart when she started crying... 💔😢
At first, she started laughing because of the blunt truth he was speaking.
Then crying for him actually understanding her pain and speaking up.

Fuck, I laughed and then got teary-eyed, man...

Last edited:

m0dus

Truant Pixel
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
Why would you say this I'm not attacking anyone? I'm a scared American. Sorry

I'd say -- false equivalency in 2016 is literally what got us into this mess. from "but her emails" bullshit to every handwaving tactic to excuse the GOP's attempts to disassemble our democracy. This is not the time to equate people being frustrated over being oppressed and marginalized with people who are scared they might lose their privilege.

Pirateluigi

Oct 27, 2017
We're all being hard on the poster, and for good reason, but they are providing us with a look at what the public is going to be thinking going forward. Polling will show the public wants Democrats to work with Republicans and they will blame both sides for the state of things equally.

Sad but true. Already seeing both sides bullshit on social media

BlueTsunami

Oct 29, 2017
Just remembered how strongly Colbert reacted to Trump debasing democracy by calling the count into question. His reaction tonight should be something else

Mammoth Jones

Oct 25, 2017
New York
Fucking vexxing to see this shit going on in the USA in 2021. Fucking shame.

Those knuckledraggers got beaten in a war once. Why they thought they could pull this shit again is beyond me.

That1GoodHunter

My ass legally belongs to Ted Price
Oct 17, 2019
What was that last Trump Tweet that has seemingly been pulled down? *He asks nervously*

Aselith

Oct 27, 2017
This wasn't about Trump. People support him because he supports their bigotry. If it wasn't Trump someone else would have emboldened them and she would have gotten herself in a similar situation as she attempted the tide from turning.

She woke up this morning with the goal to fuck over millions of people.No sympathy for this woman.

It is about him though. He's mobilized these people like no one else has been able to before or will be able to do for a long time. He's a lightning rod for hate groups and extremists for whatever reason. Not just anyone could have done what he did, the way he did. It's not intelligence he's just got some base racism talent that resonates with these people.

Deluxera

Mar 13, 2020
Any non americans here? What's your reaction to this shit?
I live in a country where violent demonstrations are sadly commonplace, but this particular imagery of guards pointing at people with their drawn guns into the Capitol is very disturbing. That and also the fact that somebody actually died over this. It feels like America is at a turning point right now.

Billfisto

Oct 30, 2017
Canada
Maybe you need to go because that's the attitude that got us here today. And I'm not proud of either side. It's really sad it took today's events for congress to realize there's a real problem.

s-l300.jpg

AaronD

Dec 1, 2017
I'd say -- false equivalency in 2016 is literally what got us into this mess. from "but her emails" bullshit to every handwaving tactic to excuse the GOP's attempts to disassemble our democracy. This is not the time to equate people being frustrated over being oppressed and marginalized with people who are scared they might lose their privilege.
What also got us here is assuming assholes are acting in good faith like the troll you're replying to. You can't change a moron's mind. Just ignore him and move on.