• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

mugwhump

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 27, 2017
So I know there were molotovs found outside the building, and I saw that guy with zipties in the chamber. But were any of the crazies able to get weapons into the building? I know it's hard to get guns into DC

Dr. Feel Good

Oct 25, 2017
Can someone explain the Twitter posts? Did Twitter delete them or force Donald to delete them himself if he wanted to be unbanned?

Deleted member 16657

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
So I know there were molotovs found outside the building, and I saw that guy with zipties in the chamber. But were any of the crazies able to get weapons into the building? I know it's hard to get guns into DC

I had a scary thought, imagine if some nut decided to stay hidden in the building somewhere, there were way more rioters than police

nhlducks35

Oct 28, 2017
I really am still mentally boomed over how they were just allowed to leave.
Like bruh, can you picture a scenario in which a group of minorities walk in to the White House with no resistance and just stroll into the Oval Office and sit in the president's chair? Then casually walk out and go back to the Hilton Hotel?

Like its soooo mind boggling, as if it was a fucking tour they just went on

Gwenpoolshark

Jan 5, 2018
The Pool

has-anyone-seen-the-joker-bat-man-worlds-greatest-detective-15566160.png

DeltaRed

Apr 27, 2018
I think the craziest moment for me is Trump throwing Pence under the bus with another tweet as they were literally breaking into the building, trying to get him killed or something. Like, your friend, your right hand man, for not doing something he has no power to do. He is psychotic.

Kaversmed

Oct 27, 2017
Denmark
One of the biggest newspapers in Finland, even though I'd mostly classify it as a tabloid, called this an attempted coup. Good for them. They're usually pretty spineless, not this time.

Biggest TV stations in Denmark has been calling this a coup as well. I've heard several journalists stationed over in the US call it a coup.

Ariakon44

Prophet of Truth
Nov 17, 2020

It wouldn't be too hard to get a gun into DC, unfortunately. The Metro that most people ride into the city has tested passive scanning technology to detect weapons and explosive devices on riders, but I don't think it's been implemented yet. If the rioters took cars or buses they would be able to carry anything they pleased.

Security is tight in the Smithsonian and federal buildings (well, if you're just trying to visit them honestly or if you're not part of the Maga cult, anyway), but there is no security checkpoint to reach the Mall itself, so I don't doubt many of them had guns and knives and whatever the hell else they felt like bringing.

SpankyDoodle

Oct 25, 2017
Wait they had like printed shirts? With today's date that said Civil War? And Trump talked up today's date too? And people are really trying to pin this on any other group!?

TheMadTitan

Oct 27, 2017
It's not the actual brand's account. Chiquita isn't headquartered in the "Flavortown Autonomous Zone".
Holy shit, I only saw the avatar, didn't even notice the obvious not banana related twitter name.

Speaking of companies that should stfu

Really Gamestop?

085fc19d7a0673262e0a0c7c7064d822.jpg

The Venezuelan government expressing concern about the US election and violence is just *chef's kiss*

Four years of straight trash talking only to give them the perfect talking point at the end of the game.

DeltaRed

Apr 27, 2018
I have a bit of sympathy for companies that have scheduled tweets lined up that unfortunately time with some real world situation but don't then double down on it in response.