SigmasonicX

Oct 25, 2017
Witch Watch 55

n2gWXBL.png

You don't get to make that joke, Witch Watch. Almost every single chapter of the series is already like this.

And whatever happened to the school festivel? They did a title drop and everything, and then kinda forgot about it
They had the cafe, stopped the guy who was going to cause trouble, and showed a different event. That was it for the festival.

diakyu

Dec 15, 2018
Dandadan 50

We are really gonna piss off every single supernatural being by the time this manga finishes lmao, love it.

RochHoch

One Winged Slayer
May 22, 2018
Dandandan 50

Mr. Shrimp, what a stand-up guy. Good ol' Mr. Shrimp.

I guess they can kill the Kito mom with no remorse now. Non-humans seem to be fair game.

When this eventually gets an anime, this chapter has big "season finale" vibes. Good luck animating these giant monster fights, tho

RadioHeadAche

Oct 26, 2017
I just finished the Flowers of Evil anime without knowing the story doesn't conclude. So, should I just start from the first volume of the manga, or can I just start where the anime left, and if so, which volume would that be?

Nappuccino

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Dandandan 50

Mr. Shrimp, what a stand-up guy. Good ol' Mr. Shrimp.

I guess they can kill the Kito mom with no remorse now. Non-humans seem to be fair game.

When this eventually gets an anime, this chapter has big "season finale" vibes. Good luck animating these giant monster fights, tho
It's gonna be some sepia stills like Attack on Titan's episodes from mid season 1, isn't it.

ojbd

Jul 18, 2018
I just finished the Flowers of Evil anime without knowing the story doesn't conclude. So, should I just start from the first volume of the manga, or can I just start where the anime left, and if so, which volume would that be?
Have not read or watched the series so can't answer the first question, as for the second - mangaupdates says the first 20 chapters/4 volumes were adapted.

ojbd

Jul 18, 2018
considering mappa are doing Jigokuraku their animators will already have experience with large bizarre monsters.

kurahador

Oct 28, 2017
The manga and anime artstyle is too different though, you're better off just start from the beginning.

B-Dubs

That's some catch, that catch-22
General Manager
Oct 25, 2017
Ippo 1376

The fights we've had lately are top tier, but fuck me if Takamura and Ippo doing roadwork wasn't the funniest chapter in ages. My guy is keeping up with the invincible champion while wearing extra weights lol

Mortemis

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I… kinda dropped Ayashimon preemptively. Like I love the premise but I don't wanna start liking it even more before it gets canned. Stopping at when they meet the biker gang felt natural enough.

I still think Maruo is the weak link for the series, even if I think he's not that bad.

AoM

Oct 31, 2017
Unfortunately, reprints won't mean much if it can't get out of the bottom three of the ToC.

I'm still enjoying the series, but I get why it's really not catching on.

Jintor

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Oct 25, 2017
I have to say it's kind of amazing how quickly jpn manga makes it over to eng official physical publication nowadays, especially as someone used to the bad old days. not even talking stuff with the manpower/brandpower of shonen jump behind it either, feels like they're trying vol 1 of everything to see if it has an audience or not.

mrmoose

Nov 13, 2017
I'm kind of scared to go into the One Piece specific threads because the next chapter is apparently leaked, but: is this "new power" basically like a Looney Tunes thing or was that just artistic license on behalf of Oda? Because even Kaido was getting into it.

Nakenorm

"This guy are sick"
The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
I'm kind of scared to go into the One Piece specific threads because the next chapter is apparently leaked, but: is this "new power" basically like a Looney Tunes thing or was that just artistic license on behalf of Oda? Because even Kaido was getting into it.

Probably a bit of both.
A lot is just too early to tell, Luffy is seen doing some crazy stuff but it's still entirely gummy related and I doubt it's as OP as everyone is expecting.

Sibersk Esto

Changed the hierarchy of thread titles
Oct 25, 2017

If you're asking if Luffy can literally make other characters act like wacky cartoons, then no. Characters have had their eyes popping out of their head since the beginning of the manga.

Geg

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah the power-up seems to mostly be greater control/freedom of movement of his own rubber body + the usual awakening ability of giving rubber properties to the things around him. The rest of the stuff like the goofy expressions from both Luffy and Kaido are probably just there to accentuate how ridiculous and cartoony everything is

Orayn

Oct 25, 2017
Phantom Seer's first couple volumes sold well and got reprinted too IIRC.

I just hope Ayashimon can switch to Jump Plus instead of being unceremoniously canceled.

Wyze

Nov 15, 2018
Kaguya sama 258

Ishigami had enough of this nonsense plot, thanks. Back to romance pls.

Iino and Ishigami bonding over discord truly made for each other those 2.

I read an spanish translation so I don't know how accurate it'll be over the english translation but I don't think it'll be that different.

Orayn

Oct 25, 2017
Diamond in the Rough - 30-31

Double chapter this week? I'm not complaining. Still really loving this series and how much time it devotes to telling the backstories of the entire cast. Last week's chapter also set up a large part of the long term plot, which is exciting.

The art, story, and characters are easily good enough for this to run in a weekly print magazine, but online it has a lot more room to stretch its legs and doesn't need to worry about competing to be the next billion dollar brand with anime and merch.

Wyze

Nov 15, 2018
2 chapters of World Trigger and 1 chapter of Choujin X within the next days. I am blessed.

Black Bishop

Jun 3, 2018
As much as I like Ayashimon, Jigokuraku is the better of the author's works. Both its concept and execution of that concept just feel more thought out and developed. Ayashimon isn't bad, it is just kinda whatever.

Curler

Oct 26, 2017
Jigokuraku had a much more interesting and tragic main character. The whole thing was tonally different.
This one is goofy and lot of it feels off.

For me, Ayashimon like a BIG step down from Jigokuraku. The MC for this is bland and feels like he doesn't even need to be there (except play from a "see this world from the outside" perspective). If Urara was the MC (and she pretty much is, most of the time) it would've had way more promise.

BassForever

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
CT
For me, Ayashimon like a BIG step down from Jigokuraku. The MC for this is bland and feels like he doesn't even need to be there (except play from a "see this world from the outside" perspective). If Urara was the MC (and she pretty much is, most of the time) it would've had way more promise.
Yeah the mc is for sure the weakest link in Ayashimon. Honestly I think the core concept of a freakishly strong human who's found life unsatisfying nor found a use for his freak strength is fun, but the whole "I wanna be a shonen lead" meta stuff really doesn't help.

BassForever

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
CT
Didn't mean it in that way, I meant the story itself progressed in a way that was pretty enjoyable if not perfect and I have faith in the author
I don't think any of us were questioning the authors skill, we're questioning the authors time limit in Jump before Jump cancels them if the series doesn't gain a sizable audience soon.

Wishbone Ash

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 29, 2017
Michigan
I don't think any of us were questioning the authors skill, we're questioning the authors time limit in Jump before Jump cancels them if the series doesn't gain a sizable audience soon.

Yeah, my bad for just jumping in the thread. I was referring more to the folks on Viz's comments section, and even a few articles I saw going around (that seemed to only focus on the first chapter or two for their judgment).

If anything I expect it to last for a bit longer with all the manga that have wrapped up/are in the end stages. I assume there's another wave of new stuff coming though, so we'll see

RochHoch

One Winged Slayer
May 22, 2018
Oshi no Ko 76
"You thought this arc would be about Ruby, but it was I, Kana!"

It's okay, the next chapter preview says we're getting some Ruby focus. But for how long?

Kewlmyc

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Oshi no Ko 76

Kinda getting burnt out on this love triangle, bring the Ruby focus! At least the elephant in the room is finally being brought up, that idols can't actively date people due to fragile fans.

Wyze

Nov 15, 2018
Choujin X 19

Peak Ishida. Amazing art, fight was brutal. Now to hybernate for the next chapters.