• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Angelo

Aug 24, 2018

"Dark Horse confirmed with Crunchyroll News today that Berserk Volume 41 — the final release in the series by Kentaro Miura — is scheduled to release this November, with comic store availability on November 9 and bookstore availability on November 22. The release will be in trade paperback for the first time, including a two-sided color poster insert, and will retail for $14.99."

Bengraven

Oct 26, 2017
Florida
Wotakoi:

My heart. I'll miss all of them. Excited for the collected volume to see the extra epilogue pages she's going to add.

Wot was one of those first manga when I returned to anime and manga a few years ago so it's going to always have a place in the heart.

Fox1304

Oct 26, 2017
Sakamoto Days (Chapters 1-64)

I was a fan of the one-shot and read a few of the early chapters, but didn't really keep up with the series besides just skimming through chapters to look at the art.

It's pretty great, huh? The series' strengths are definitely its action/choreography (the best in Jump currently), villains, and Sakamoto and Shin. Some of the flashbacks are a little too cliche, but some worked pretty well. I'd say one of the weakest parts is probably most of the female characters (the few that there are), unfortunately. It doesn't help that there's some same-face issues. Though Akira Akao seems promising. Also, the worldbuilding is a little shaky and forced for me.

Really enjoying things overall, though. After losing interest in Undead Unluck (and it seems I'm not alone going by the sales in Japan), it's nice to have another Jump series to read besides JJK and Ayashimon.

And just because it's one of Suzuki's favorite series, I had to put these two together:
Rervo8d.png

0UOXtD3.png
I got some heavy HxH vibes from Sakamoto sometimes.
The tone is pretty good also, sometimes a bit heavy-handed, and as you said world building is sometimes messy, but it's fun to read and has some very good moments. It has become one of my "Oh cool the chapter is out!!" titles

Orayn

Oct 25, 2017
It goes without saying that Dandadan is still great.

Also I know this has already been posted, but this leads me to believe Viz will also localize Fujimoto's new one-shot just like they did for Look Back. Same length and release plan and Fujimoto has only become more popular since then.

Mesoian

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 28, 2017
Jinrui Wo Metsubou Sasete Ha Ikemasen - End
It ended...
Shame this wasn't popular enough, it's definitely quite a heart warming series, few times I was teary eyed
Best of luck to the creators

Yeah this was a real shame. It's one of the better fatherhood stories.

Wotakoi:

My heart. I'll miss all of them. Excited for the collected volume to see the extra epilogue pages she's going to add.

Wot was one of those first manga when I returned to anime and manga a few years ago so it's going to always have a place in the heart.

Yeah, Wotakoi hit hard because I know a lot of people like this. For a good part of my life, these characters felt like people I was around a lot, so it was kind of a fun look back to how things were without having to think about specific people. Never cared for the anime version, but the manga was something special.

GG-Duo

Oct 27, 2017
I think Sakamoto Days has two problems:
1. The side characters don't have enough charisma. For a series that has a central overpowered character, they really should ensure that the rest of the core cast are also interesting enough so that we can root for their growth. Shin is a bit too weak and simple.
I think this is something that Jujutsu Kaisen has done very well in contrast.

2. I think the central conflict has been pretty poorly defined. It wasn't until the recent JCC decimation that we had finally got a real antagonist. It felt like the series spent a lot of time introducing potential bad guys but… they're not, and I'm not sure the purpose of that.

Last edited:

Deleted member 2840

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
For anyone that enjoyed Solo Leveling:
Read Omniscient Reader and SSS-Class Revival Hunter. Some pretty damn good manhwa.

Bengraven

Oct 26, 2017
Florida
Fuck.

CSM vol 10 just arrived and I knew in my heart it was THAT volume.

Flipping through and damn. Again.

Edit:

Komi:

Pure fucking sugar.

Last edited:
March 2022 Community Recommendation
OP
OP
LaunchpadMcQ

LaunchpadMcQ

Oct 25, 2017
March 2022 Community Recommendation
Shiyakusho (by Kishi Azumi)

2wMQxWg.jpg

Anthological Afterlife Work Drama | 20 volumes, on going, not licensed in English
When people die, they end up in the Ministry of Death, where they must fill out the necessary forms (the paperwork doesn't end at death!) to be able to ascend to heaven. Depending on the lives these people lived, their application may not be approved by the employees of the Ministry of Death, and they may be sentenced to hell instead! Follow the daily lives of the employees as they judge and assist the dead in the afterlife. (source)

From Lain:
So, I found this first volume pretty great. Bittersweet all around not just because it deals with death but also because of the type of deaths and the type of people involved, yet everything is shown and told in a pretty great way. The art for it is particular enough, nothing especially great looking but that I found cool. (source)

Content Warning: This work contains depictions of suicide.

Jintor

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Oct 25, 2017
Wotakoi:

Oh are we done? Waiting on the next eng vol...

diakyu

Dec 15, 2018
Gachiakuta 1-8

I finally sat down and started reading this after seeing buzz about it. I really fuck with it so far. The art is really good and I love the concept. I really enjoy the idea of the power system utilizing everyday items so heavily. They can get really creative with the mc's ability to use any item if they want.

Kewlmyc

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Kaguya 259

I really wished I liked this arc, but goddamn, this writing just isn't good. I do like that we get to know what Kaguya's dream is, but it just doesn't really make up for how awful the brothers are as villains and how the drama/action has been written this arc. I know Aka can do good drama too, as shown in Oshi no Ko, the Ice Kaguya arc, and Ishigami's initial backstory. It's just this family politics drama isn't cutting it for me. Especially when we have Ishigami joke that a bunch of kids taking on a giant conglomerate is absurd, and that's exactly what we got.

Oshi no Ko 77

Speaking of, I love this development. Does it make sense considering how much time has passed? Not really, as that corpse should have rotted away ages ago and you think someone would have found a corpse behind a shrine in 16 years or so. However, I personally don't care considering how big this could be for Ruby as a character. After all, Ruby and Aqua still haven't talked to each other about their pasts. Also, I feel "lol god magic" can excuse most of it considering the character that showed up last chapter, crows and all.

Last edited:

zulux21

Oct 25, 2017
Oshi no Ko 77

Also, I feel "lol god magic" can excuse most of it considering the character that showed up last chapter, crows and all.
yup. lol god magic can hand wave the plot convince in general. It's a fun chapter and the tease for next chapter implies aqua will learn about this next week. And even if Ruby and Aqua don't put things together Akane very well might given how clever she's been shown in the past and how she has a chunk of the picture from both Ruby and Aqua. We ideally are moving forward with some very serious character development.

Oct 26, 2017
Oshi no Ko

So maybe Ruby will eventually realize that Goro was also in charge of Ai's pregnancy, and from there, she'll piece together that Ai and Goro, two of the most important people in the whole world to her, were both killed by her father. Then maybe she'll join in on Aqua's revenge plot (and get some damn screentime)—I'm sort of joking on the last part.

Black Bishop

Jun 3, 2018
Holy fuck! Okay, so this is just going me gushing about The Shadow Prophet over on Webtoons as the season 1 finale just blew me away. Honestly, I can't think of a reveal that has made me as giddy or shocked me as much as the ones that I've just witnessed in this. A superbly written, plotted and executed story with all the sci-fi dystopia beats that I know and love. I'm not kidding when I say if you've got a couple of hours to spare I highly recommend you catch up on this series before season 2 premiers later this year. I will admit, however, that this is not the comfiest of rides; it is uncomfortable and tense even at the best of times. Yet, even so, its stylistic art style alone is well worth giving this series a look in even if you don't think it is as amazing as I seem to do.

RochHoch

One Winged Slayer
May 22, 2018
Oshi no Ko 77
Oh, fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck. Y'all wanted some Ruby focus, THERE YOU GO

Wonder if Ruby will ever put the pieces together. She died and ended up getting reincarnated. Now she knows that Goro is dead. The twins never bothered to discuss their past lives with each other, but if Aqua slips up, she might catch on...

Kewlmyc

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Oshi no Ko 77
Oh, fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck. Y'all wanted some Ruby focus, THERE YOU GO

Wonder if Ruby will ever put the pieces together. She died and ended up getting reincarnated. Now she knows that Goro is dead. The twins never bothered to discuss their past lives with each other, but if Aqua slips up, she might catch on...
Will be kinda disappointed if they don't find out this arc. It's now or never.

water_tempo

Oct 31, 2017
Sorry if this isn't allowed. I just got an iPhone and am missing Tachiyomi. Is there a recommended iPhone app for reading?

I'd be very happy with a fully licensed app that has current chapters. I checked out the official Jump app, but felt like I couldn't browse at all and it was mostly volumes to purchase. I really just want to pay a subscription to read through all chapters (specifically thinking of Kaguya, which is volumes only).

BassForever

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
CT
Sorry if this isn't allowed. I just got an iPhone and am missing Tachiyomi. Is there a recommended iPhone app for reading?

I'd be very happy with a fully licensed app that has current chapters. I checked out the official Jump app, but felt like I couldn't browse at all and it was mostly volumes to purchase. I really just want to pay a subscription to read through all chapters (specifically thinking of Kaguya, which is volumes only).
If you're looking for a pirate app that kinda discussion isn't allowed here. The only apps I can recommend you are either subscription based (like the jump app and azuki) or you have a limited window to read new chapters (manga +).

water_tempo

Oct 31, 2017
If you're looking for a pirate app that kinda discussion isn't allowed here. The only apps I can recommend you are either subscription based (like the jump app and azuki) or you have a limited window to read new chapters (manga +).

No, I'd be happy to pay and I'd like to go legit. I'll check out azuki since I haven't heard of it.

I just want to be able to unwind with unlimited stories of high-school love love.

Oct 26, 2017
Oshi no ko

I reread the first 2 chapters and Lo and behold, Ruby is in an interview talking about being an actress and working with Aqua

( now it'll be real interesting if she becomes part of the revenge plot as well)

effingvic

Oct 25, 2017
New Kaguya episode made me realize how lukewarm I've felt about the recent Kaguya chapters. The last few arcs have been dull and I feel like theres zero stakes in this current one. A bunch of rich kids taking on the most powerful family in Japan is already a stretch but now stuff is just happening too quickly and easily. I think I preferred the pure comedy parts more than the serious arcs.

A.J.

Oct 25, 2017
I think some of Kaguya's best arcs were serious arcs, but those serious arcs generally focuses more on things that kids their age would legitimately go through instead of this which dosen't feel grounded.

Aiqops

Aug 3, 2021
Having only watched Kaguyas first season and then reading a little about current chapters here makes it sound like it is a totally different series, lol.

Wyze

Nov 15, 2018
Kaguya 259

I really wished I liked this arc, but goddamn, this writing just isn't good. I do like that we get to know what Kaguya's dream is, but it just doesn't really make up for how awful the brothers are as villains and how the drama/action has been written this arc. I know Aka can do good drama too, as shown in Oshi no Ko, the Ice Kaguya arc, and Ishigami's initial backstory. It's just this family politics drama isn't cutting it for me. Especially when we have Ishigami joke that a bunch of kids taking on a giant conglomerate is absurd, and that's exactly what we got.
It's so bad. People crap on the Buddha Stone Begging Bowl arc but it's ten times a better arc than this. Osaragi is such an unique and complex character, makes these Shinomiya Bros looks like absolute one dimensional cartoon villains trash. I really don't mind Kaguya dream being a photographer I found it cute, I just wish Aka build up to it more than just the cellphone arc.

I hope Aka wraps up this quickly and goes back to StuCo.

Lotus

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Having only watched Kaguyas first season and then reading a little about current chapters here makes it sound like it is a totally different series, lol.

Not really, sometimes Kaguya has more serious arcs, but the comedic elements even then are still present to some degree

effingvic

Oct 25, 2017
It started losing me on the recent Ishigami / Iino arc. Kaguya is at its best when its the Prez and Kaguya doing shit with Fujiwara amplifying the craziness.

I think some of Kaguya's best arcs were serious arcs, but those serious arcs generally focuses more on things that kids their age would legitimately go through instead of this which dosen't feel grounded.

This too. You can only suspend your disbelief for so long.

Jintor

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Oct 25, 2017
funny going from anime thread where the new kaguya is bringing the love and back to here which is ahead in the timeline lol

BassForever

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
CT
Kaguya is a prime example of why you don't continue to follow romcoms after the main couples hooks up.

jman2050

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Kaguya is a prime example of why you don't continue to follow romcoms after the main couples hooks up.

But so much of the manga's best material came after they hooked up.

The biggest issue I've had with this arc is sidelining Kaguya for so long because in the end she really does carry everyone else but she's back now (and with force!) so it's fine for me now.

Kewlmyc

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
People finally turning on Kaguya, how not cute
I'm legit curious how you feel about the current arc, Lotus.

As others have said, Kaguya can do serious arcs very well. Ishigami's backstory and Ice Kaguya are two of my favorite arcs. But this Shinomiya Family conflict arc just isn't working. When it's just the kids interacting, it's fine. I really liked the Mikado/Kaguya chapter for example. But dear god, any time the brothers show up (especially the oldest two), I feel the writing just takes a nosedive. They're so awful as characters from a writing standpoint. Just "haha cartoonish misogyny monologue" every single time either of the two eldest brothers open their mouth.

They're also laughably stupid. Only reason the StuCo are a threat is because they gave Prez a billion yen. For no reason, just because he got mad and asked. They're also are constantly being out maneuvered by basic stuff like phone recordings, Discord, and a skateboard. I can't take them seriously as villains, despite being told how much crime they've committed. All for it to lead to Kaguya willing giving the will back to Oko, based on a flimsy promise of his. He's still willing to marry her off as well, yet she goes along with it. I don't even blame Un'yo for calling bullshit on that and going after the will anyway.

Legit don't like being negative when it comes to Kaguya, as I've loved most of it. Even arcs I find issues with, like Hayasaka's arc and Iino's arc, I still have a majority of positive feelings and opinions on. But this arc? This is easily the worst arc in the series by a long shot. I can only hope that this isn't the actual end, and we get some more chapters/arcs with the StuCo, wrapping up all loose ends (Our Personas arc finished, resolution to IshiMiko).

Nah, while the family drama is godawful, there has been a lot of great stuff post hookup. ABCs, Ishi's Impossibe Challenge, most of Hayasaka's and Iino's arc have been great. Not to mention a lot of great one off gag chapters. Wouldn't give those up for the world.

Yukari

Mar 28, 2018
Thailand

Kaguya should have just stayed a comedy tbh

But so much of the manga's best material came after they hooked up.

Clearly that Aka wants to write about "Relationship of Peoples"

Confess and dating is just a first step and does not guarantee that it will be happy ever after.