• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Morrigan

Spear of the Metal Church
Oct 24, 2017
I oddly had the hardest time with that fight myself. I couldn't get past the first little part to the ballista for like 50 tries. It was maddening.
I am pretty sure something changed in there since the original. The 2nd pile of rubble gave me a hard time too, I remember just rushing to it, smashing it, and making it to the first ballista without issues, did it many many times in the original... but in the remake I never had enough time. So I basically ran in, did 1-2 hits and retreated, it caused the boss to punch through but it missed, then I repeated, it missed again, then I ran straight to the ballista.

Not sure if that's the intended method, but it worked after I died repeatedly 🤷‍♀️

Malkier

Oct 25, 2017
Oof really loving the ost but I feel like they butchered the maiden astrea track.

Having said that, Demon's Souls 2 when? Be such a waste to give this game so much visual style not to see another.

jams

Nov 6, 2017
Holy jumpin', I just got a Pure Bladestone on my second kill of the dual katana black skeleton behind the secret wall. Was not expecting that, I wasn't even on PBWT. It was in the range of neutral to white.

Reckheim

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Holy jumpin', I just got a Pure Bladestone on my second kill of the dual katana black skeleton behind the secret wall. Was not expecting that, I wasn't even on PBWT. It was in the range of neutral to white.
I got 4 of them just farming for bladestone chunks. They must of increased the drop rate.

Deleted member 36578

Dec 21, 2017
I am pretty sure something changed in there since the original. The 2nd pile of rubble gave me a hard time too, I remember just rushing to it, smashing it, and making it to the first ballista without issues, did it many many times in the original... but in the remake I never had enough time. So I basically ran in, did 1-2 hits and retreated, it caused the boss to punch through but it missed, then I repeated, it missed again, then I ran straight to the ballista.

Not sure if that's the intended method, but it worked after I died repeatedly 🤷‍♀️
Thats how I ended up having to deal with it as well. When I was dying repeatedly I was just running in over and over again due to frustration haha

Zachary_Games

Jul 31, 2020
I oddly had the hardest time with that fight myself. I couldn't get past the first little part to the ballista for like 50 tries. It was maddening.

Lol me too! It makes me feel silly because I beat Flamelurker on my second try as a battle mage.

The PlayStation help was actually super helpful for Dragon God. My big brain assumed only Dragon God could smash the rubble to advance. It wasn't until I broke down and used the help feature that I realized you could smash through with magic or sword lol. Help also clued me in on watching the Dragon God's eyes. Once I understood these mechanics, the rest was easy.

Morrigan

Spear of the Metal Church
Oct 24, 2017
I hate you people. But especially AmethystEnd

I have yet to encounter this mythical higher drop rate on this 😭

PhoenixDawn

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017

Same here. I feel like they messed up something in translation at that part, whether it's the environment design or just its gaze/eyesight mechanic. I swear I was doing it exactly as how I had done it countless times in the original but I kept getting completely swatted to death so I had to do the 2H axe smash then dip back technique so that I could just run straight through with all the debris cleared. It worked as intended on the lower level, at least.

Deleted member 36578

Dec 21, 2017
Lol me too! It makes me feel silly because I beat Flamelurker on my second try as a battle mage.

The PlayStation help was actually super helpful for Dragon God. My big brain assumed only Dragon God could smash the rubble to advance. It wasn't until I broke down and used the help feature that I realized you could smash through with magic or sword lol. Help also clued me in on watching the Dragon God's eyes. Once I understood these mechanics, the rest was easy.
I should really look at that help feature. I don't even know where to access it tbh

Ephonk

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Belgium
yeah i agree... i would love to have some DLC in the short term... BP could make original content of theirs and prove themselves even more to do a proper sequel.
Same idea: let them do the DLC and prove themselves worthy of making Demons Souls 2. It can be its own thing that innovates in different ways compared to the Dark Souls games.

Tophat Jones

Alt Account
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Took me for fucking ever to do the path to Tower Knight. Those two blue eyed knights were a nightmare. Finally made it and got lanced before landing a hit.

I was losing hope pretty fast, already hitting this huge wall so early on. But second time I made it to that asshole I just played super safe and managed to get him down. Felt amazing, only cost me all of my healing items. Went underground, had some success until Armor Spider kicked my ass and I am now well and truly out of healing items.

Armor spider will have to wait a bit. Anyone have any advice for best spot to go? Guess I just need to grind some items, and souls if possible. Do I just go back to the castle? Or is there another path that would be better right now?

JoJo'sDentCo

Unshakable Resolve
Oct 25, 2017
Anybody else notice that the Once Royal Mistress/Former Noble's Wife in 3-1 now sings this theme:

She sang this in the original:

Reckheim

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Took me for fucking ever to do the path to Tower Knight. Those two blue eyed knights were a nightmare. Finally made it and got lanced before landing a hit.

I was losing hope pretty fast, already hitting this huge wall so early on. But second time I made it to that asshole I just played super safe and managed to get him down. Felt amazing, only cost me all of my healing items. Went underground, had some success until Armor Spider kicked my ass and I am now well and truly out of healing items.

Armor spider will have to wait a bit. Anyone have any advice for best spot to go? Guess I just need to grind some items, and souls if possible. Do I just go back to the castle? Or is there another path that would be better right now?
Go to 4-1, you will get a lot of souls for killing the enemies there and also if you look around you will find something else that will help you with healing items.

there is a guy behind an illusionary wall that will sell you half moon grass

Oct 25, 2017

The stupid dogs on the way to tower knight were a huge stopping block for me until I switched to the Winged Spear and just turtled them. Eventually I just said fuck it and went over the bridge, sprinting with the dragon. SO much faster and gives you more practice with the blue eyed knights. I found that you can get decent grass drops farming the soldiers in each tower on the bridge in 1-2 but I am by no means an expert. Sprint to tower, clear it, sprint to the next, clear it, etc.

Tophat Jones

Alt Account
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Go to 4-1, you will get a lot of souls for killing the enemies there and also if you look around you will find something else that will help you with healing items.

there is a guy behind an illusionary wall that will sell you half moon grass
Thanks! I'll definitely check that out next play session. Appreciate it.

The stupid dogs on the way to tower knight were a huge stopping block for me until I switched to the Winged Spear and just turtled them. Eventually I just said fuck it and went over the bridge, sprinting with the dragon. SO much faster and gives you more practice with the blue eyed knights. I found that you can get decent grass drops farming the soldiers in each tower on the bridge in 1-2 but I am by no means an expert. Sprint to tower, clear it, sprint to the next, clear it, etc.
Yea going underneath the towers, freeing that one guy. Did it all once. But while those blue knights were dunking on me for so many deaths. I was basically sprinting from the Phalanx room to the end of the path. You can get back quickly, but annoying waiting for the damn dragon every time.

Definitely might go back to farm items and souls and look for more areas. I skipped over lots of that. Thanks!

Finally had some time to play in peace, lol. Defeated Phalanx and left the game before taking on a red dragon. The game looks and plays beautifully, I'm very impressed.
My first playthrough on ps3 was based on dexterity build. This time around I wanna do a strength build with some magic sprinkled on top. Thinking about using a Claymore as my main weapon.

fireincairo

Mar 27, 2018
Is there actually a way to respec stats? Has anyone actually tried the 25k offering where you can enable fractured mode to see if respec is an option? I heard changing your character look is possible but idk about stats.

I accidentally dumped several levels into luck and want to fix that. -.-

Bunta

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
Is there actually a way to respec stats? Has anyone actually tried the 25k offering where you can enable fractured mode to see if respec is an option? I heard changing your character look is possible but idk about stats.

I accidentally dumped several levels into luck and want to fix that. -.-
Time to go craft the blueblood sword, haha. I'm also wondering the same thing, though. Would be nice to fix a few mistakes in stats.

99humanity

Oct 25, 2017
Been a minute since I've played this. How do you upgrade boss weapons ?
You can't upgrade boss weapons. The upgrade system in this game is pretty imbalanced and bizarre. The requirements for boss weapons are weird too. You can make a meat cleaver with a +0 club, but if you use a warpick it has to be +6 first...
Then there are the unique named weapons, which require colorless demons souls to upgrade that are limited to 10 per playthrough (and you likely won't get all of them)

GIANKRATOS

Oct 26, 2017
Has anyone been following the door mystery in Boletaria?
Yeah I'm really interested in that but it seems it got buried in this thread. Has a dedicated thread been made about it? Maybe it would get more attentions like that. I can't remember if a similar thread was made for the sotc remake new secret. I wish i had a ps5 and the game T-T

Spehornoob

Nov 15, 2017
Yeah I'm really interested in that but it seems it got buried in this thread. Has a dedicated thread been made about it? Maybe it would get more attentions like that. I can't remember if a similar thread was made for the sotc remake new secret. I wish i had a ps5 and the game T-T
I'm sure a thread will be made once we figure it out and it's revealed the the door is a pathway to
Yharnam.
Yes this is a joke.

BriGuy

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I died about a dozen times on the Dragon God fight before I remembered it's basically just a glorified game of Red Light Green Light. It was much easier to see the color of his eyes on the PS3 version.

Anyway, I'm just a big nasty swamp away from getting my BlueBlood sword back. I've got the minimum requirements to wield it plus 20 or so points put in luck already. It's going to be a godsend for the rest of the game and NG+.

dred

Oct 27, 2017
You can't upgrade boss weapons. The upgrade system in this game is pretty imbalanced and bizarre. The requirements for boss weapons are weird too. You can make a meat cleaver with a +0 club, but if you use a warpick it has to be +6 first...
Then there are the unique named weapons, which require colorless demons souls to upgrade that are limited to 10 per playthrough (and you likely won't get all of them)
Ah yes, good memories coming back, haha. This was the first game I played where a wiki was almost essential.

Voke

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Credits just rolled 15 hours in, and most and importantly I have my Red Eye Stone.

now the true Demons souls begins !

99humanity

Oct 25, 2017
I've been doing the 5-2 boss in co-op a lot. The dualsense is used really well in that fight, his attacks FEEL heavy. It's awesome. It's the same old fight underneath but I'm surprised how much more i'm enjoying it because of the controller and sound

neatsaux

Nov 11, 2018
red room
I've played dark souls 1 and 3 and bloodborne but every time I dive into these games, I forget how stats work and what to put where and what to look for gear and weapon wise lmao. im so overwhelmed!

Deleted member 11637

Oct 27, 2017
I wonder what's the best level for PvP.

This is where I insert my evergreen rant about Souls matchmaking: once you reach NG+ it should just be a free-for-all where anyone can be matched across all SLs so that the online actually feels as alive as it should. Don't get me started on the borked covenant matchmaking in Dark Souls I and II.

Anyway, that'll never happen. But it'd be cool.

Good tips for beginners about stats and weapons

99humanity

Oct 25, 2017
I've played dark souls 1 and 3 and bloodborne but every time I dive into these games, I forget how stats work and what to put where and what to look for gear and weapon wise lmao. im so overwhelmed!
Well the stats are different in each game!

- Each world has a decent upgraded weapon to pick up, that you can use to scrape by on most/any builds if you're having trouble or don't have what you want yet
- You want to be under 50% equip load always. There's only one breakpoint for fast rolling unlike Dark Souls. There's no poise so it's not worth fat rolling, ever
- As such endurance is always a good stat to pump if you don't know what else
- Intelligence is a weird stat in that it gives you more MP (used for miracles and spells), but gives you more spell slots but not miracle slots. Upgrading miracle slots is done with Faith
- Luck is the one you want to avoid, it's like resistance in Dark Souls in that it's largely useless. Unlike Dark Souls, there's one specific weapon that scales with Luck, but unless you're going for that avoid it.
- Remember your STR is multiplied 1.5x when 2 handing a weapon so you don't necessarily need to meet high strength requirements
- If a weapon only has E scaling in a stat, it's probably not worth upgrading that stat

neatsaux

Nov 11, 2018
red room
Well the stats are different in each game!

- Each world has a decent upgraded weapon to pick up, that you can use to scrape by on most/any builds if you're having trouble or don't have what you want yet
- You want to be under 50% equip load always. There's only one breakpoint for fast rolling unlike Dark Souls. There's no poise so it's not worth fat rolling, ever
- As such endurance is always a good stat to pump if you don't know what else
- Intelligence is a weird stat in that it gives you more MP (used for miracles and spells), but gives you more spell slots but not miracle slots. Upgrading miracle slots is done with Faith
- Luck is the one you want to avoid, it's like resistance in Dark Souls in that it's largely useless. Unlike Dark Souls, there's one specific weapon that scales with Luck, but unless you're going for that avoid it.
- Remember your STR is multiplied 1.5x when 2 handing a weapon so you don't necessarily need to meet high strength requirements
- If a weapon only has E scaling in a stat, it's probably not worth upgrading that stat
word, thanks! . I've made a thief and beat phalanx and that was the last time I played but im thinking about just starting over as some sort of knight to have more rounded out stats from the jump. I think it would be wise for me to shelve a thief until I beat the game for the first time. it probably wouldn't hurt to do some reading and look up some builds to see where I wanna go with my character.

another problem im having is that I dont know what weapons I should be on the lookout for if I want to focus on high damage. I'm sure all this will come with playtime though

zma1013

Oct 27, 2017
In case nobody noticed, your character hunches over when the equip weight is past the fatroll threshold.

Ponchito

Oct 28, 2017
Mexico City
What's the name of the Nexus NPC that's sitting in front of the Boletarian Palace gate? I just traveled back and he was gone, an item in his place. Then the game crashed! When I reloaded, he is gone and so is the item. Any idea what it is and what the hell happened?

random88

Oct 25, 2017
Not US
I'm having a hard time picturing what you mean. You're talking about 4-2?

Nah, he is talking about an "exploit" in 4-1 which might not even work in the Remake. There are no shortcuts in 4-2, except that you don't have to deal with the first Reaper after you open the door (but you probably should because it's free souls, he dies quickly to arrows).

edit: checked it on yt, 4-1 shortcut still works, that's good to know.

Last edited:

zeitgeist

Oct 27, 2017
word, thanks! . I've made a thief and beat phalanx and that was the last time I played but im thinking about just starting over as some sort of knight to have more rounded out stats from the jump. I think it would be wise for me to shelve a thief until I beat the game for the first time. it probably wouldn't hurt to do some reading and look up some builds to see where I wanna go with my character.

another problem im having is that I dont know what weapons I should be on the lookout for if I want to focus on high damage. I'm sure all this will come with playtime though

I don't see much poijt in ever starting over. I'd just switch focus on what stats to level and find/buy a set of armor. The classes don't really mean much once you start leveling.

zma1013

Oct 27, 2017
What's the name of the Nexus NPC that's sitting in front of the Boletarian Palace gate? I just traveled back and he was gone, an item in his place. Then the game crashed! When I reloaded, he is gone and so is the item. Any idea what it is and what the hell happened?

His name is crestfallen warrior.

It's just some souls, you didn't lose out on much.

As for what happened
, I think he just loses the will to continue on and his soul dies.

Rixan

Oct 25, 2017
Upper Latria looks astoundingly good

Truly my first true "next gen" moment. I can't believe what I'm looking at here. Atmosphere for days.

99humanity

Oct 25, 2017
I can't decide if I should go to NG+, or if I should level up...
Most of the game is open in co-op to me (level 40 now) but I want to work on a stronger build for NG+/trophies.
I haven't killed any primeval demons but I don't want to force PBWT because I have pure white events left too. But I guess I can do this
Haven't killed Doran but he's incredibly tough for my build, and not sure if I want to make him even harder

Acquiesc3

Oct 30, 2017

Vit is king. Then enough End to use weapon and fast roll. Then a "main stat" of your choosing depending on what build you're running. Faith for blessed etc etc

That's literally it.