beau_beaumont

Nov 12, 2017
Honestly, no. It's for NG+, end-game PvP, or replays, IMO. You need an optimized path to get the most of it, and the stat investment is brutal.

Tell me about it. I finally beat maiden astrea and it would have been nice to have more points in vitality and endurance while going through the poison swamp. At least the crescent falchion is pretty decent when your magic is at 18. Now I just need to get flame lurker's soul and I can see what all the fuss is about.

Bunta

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
I feel like I'm probably missing out on stuff, but I'm not sure if I want to delve into messing with WT.

Mr X

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Virginia / US
I feel like I'm probably missing out on stuff, but I'm not sure if I want to delve into messing with WT.
It definitely opens up special weapons and ways to upgrade them and makes changes to areas that seem unreachable (but change with WT either pure white or pure black). Pure black can be espeically tricky since it's much harder to get back to pure white than to get to pure black and pure black can open up some very difficult situations (but some really nice rewards can be potentially had as well depending on your build).

Mullet2000

Oct 25, 2017
Toronto
So how does world tendency work when playing online? I want to play online because it ads a lot to these games imo but it seems like manipulating WT to be what I want while online is a fool's errand?

Cheesebu

Wrong About Cheese
Sep 21, 2020
Struggling hard on 5-2. Spent a couple hours and calling it a night now instead of staying up until the late A.M. banging my head against this wall and getting frustrated (well more than already frustrated for not progressing for last several hours and losing another 10-20k souls).

At first I thought thanks to the regen items I have I can almost mitigate the poison so I can just shortcut through the swamp each part.

Also I got the meat cleaver and it kicks ass, I can one hit take out most normal enemies, cool. Works especially great against NPC black phantoms since the 3rd hit flips them back. I just need more END because it eats through it fast, but starting to put more in slowly.

But in 5-2 the large trolls are screwing me up. Especially if I get in the water and can't roll I'm basically dead because I can't dodge and they have too much HP to kill in one stamina bar worth of swipes. I keep getting the two giant trolls in front of the fog door on the wooden bridge. The last time I got there I tried just running past them and they chased me into the little village area past it and I had to keep moving only to get ganked by like a group of the little guys all stabbing me at once and killing me. Definitely seems like I can run slowly through the swamp for 10 mins in the first 2 sections and get to that spot with the 2 large trolls, but I probably have to take it slowly and try to kill them and slowly move forward from that point on.

Oh and not sure it matters but I'm basically having to run around naked because the meat cleaver is 10 weight and putting me over 50% with any plate armor. Just wearing black leather armor set, so something but not very durable.

I know I can do it, it's just really tedious having to sludge through the 2 areas of swamp for 10 mins each try. Least favorite area in the game so far. I didn't even remember this level from the original, probably erased it from my mind to stop the pain.
Sorry if it's already been said, but you can sneak past those 2 large trolls with the Thief Ring and sticking to the far right side. The plagued small guy will aggro but as long as you wait for him near the fog door the two big guys will never aggro.

Magneto

Prophet of Truth
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Hello,

Is there a day one patch with the physical version ? How much will i have to download ? Thanks :o

Bunta

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
eh it's pretty simple. never be in human form. after you beat a boss always suicide in the nexus.
It definitely opens up special weapons and ways to upgrade them and makes changes to areas that seem unreachable (but change with WT either pure white or pure black). Pure black can be espeically tricky since it's much harder to get back to pure white than to get to pure black and pure black can open up some very difficult situations (but some really nice rewards can be potentially had as well depending on your build).
Hmm, I guess I'll just make sure to be in soul form. Thanks

Voke

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Just finished building my SL25 Uchi + light weapon build..... lmao pvp is about to be GREAT

BlueManifest

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Does anyone notice a graphical difference between cinematic and performance? I sure can't see any difference, the framerate difference is noticeable right away though

KodaRuss

Oct 27, 2017
Texas
Anyone know of a good site that spells out the soft caps for the leveling attributes? I typically pour points into stamina and endurance in the early going to most souls games, just want to know where I should stop.

Merrill

Oct 27, 2017
Halifax
Anyone else have trouble telling if you're pure white tendency? Is there a picture of the different variations of white before it's pure ?

Deleted member 45468

Account closed at user request
Banned
Jun 27, 2018
As a newcomer to this series, does the digital deluxe items help ease you into the game? I think saw the rings restore your life which I could be helpful when I am learning the ropes.

shadowhaxor

EIC of Theouterhaven
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
Claymont, Delaware
Oct 27, 2017
I misunderstood. It was about the wall jump skip in 4-1.

I thought it was about skipping part of 4-2, which I would have been excited about
Ah my bad! 4-2 becomes a lot more bearable when you figure out the location of the reapers.

That and the boss is pretty easy so hopefully you only have to do it once or twice. Just take a thief ring

RedMercury

Blue Venus
Dec 24, 2017
The Thief Ring really helped on this one for me. Since they would regularly leave the platform, fly away and do some bullshit, I was able to drop aggro on one for a lot of the fight.
Ugh I never got that. Right now I'm trying to summon for help but like, everybody dies pretty much right away

Oct 27, 2017
ATL
Gotcha. Just saw where someone said black turpentine is good.

I'm looking to run BBS build in NG just because I loved using the weapon in the original game. I'm planning on doing some super grinding though, so I'm taking my time.

The best way to grind imo is to pick your favorite world, clear all the bosses (so push for PWWT first). Then shift the world to PBWT and grind enemies. Black phantom version of enemies drop many more souls than their standard counterparts.

Shrine of Storms is still my favorite area to grind in PBWT due to the skeleton enemies being easy to parry.

fracas

Oct 27, 2017
Finished what I think is the first boss (Phalanx) and I feel like a god

Never got into the Souls games but maybe I'll finish this one (I say that now but the second I hit a wall I'm prolly outie)

Xtortion

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
United States

Never got into the Souls games but maybe I'll finish this one (I say that now but the second I hit a wall I'm prolly outie)

The great thing about Demon's Souls is that the game opens up where you're at and becomes extremely non-linear. If you hit a wall, feel free to try to make progress in a different area.

finalflame

Product Management
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Playing shield-less and dex wepons is def amping up the difficulty for myself. One thing I dislike is that it feels way more grindy to get souls in this game, and as such it feels repetitive. I don't feel i'm usually making progress, but rather just playing the same thing over and over again.

iFirez

Oct 25, 2017
England
3 more sleeps until I can be playing here in the UK. No doubt many of you are on second or third playthroughs at this point... I guess I'll be playing catch up.

Moebius

Oct 28, 2017
Hot tip. Adjust your sound effect and voice volumes to be at 40% and set the music at 100%. This will make sure that the music actually has an impact when you fight a boss. Not sure what Bluepoint was thinking making the music so low volume.

stat84

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
So i am watching as stream and the lady at 3-1 sings the good ending song?I never noticed that in the original.Or did they change it/make it more obvious in the remake?

Acewon

Oct 2, 2018

Congrats man, hope you stick with it. If you are feeling like its too hard you can always summon help. Putting your soulsign down and helping another player through a level is also a good way to learn the level without the presure of losing your souls.

Apr 3, 2018
Man, this thread is really driving my PS5 FOMO to new heights.

For filthy casuals like myself, does the PS5 version keep the item dupe? Or has that been removed entirely?

Deleted member 46493

User requested account closure
Banned
Aug 7, 2018
Two questions:

1) Do I miss anything by not killing the first boss? Got me before I could heal.

2) Good early Dex weapons/equipment to watch out for?

BriGuy

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Soloing the Penetrator fight was... surprisingly easy? His attacks are all telegraphed and can also be entirely avoided by just rolling to the side. Swipe at him once, roll out of the way, and repeat. I remember this fight causing me all kinds of grief back in the day.

Anyway, I've only got 1-4 left to do and maybe some power-leveling to prepare for NG+. My Blue Blood sword build is currently hitting for around 200 damage per slash, and even red-eye knights are dead in two quick hits.