Morrigan

Spear of the Metal Church
Oct 24, 2017

random88

Oct 25, 2017
Not US
Does it? I tried to use it and I just didn't make the jump at all...

Honestly, no. It's for NG+, end-game PvP, or replays, IMO. You need an optimized path to get the most of it, and the stat investment is brutal.

It's not as intuitive as in the original, but it works

www.youtube.com

Demon's Souls- Shrine Of Storms 4 -1 Sequence Break/Boss Shortcut + Regenerator’s Ring Early

*If you are having trouble try taking off your armor!* The classic Shrine of Storms 4-1 sequence break and/or shortcut returns in the remake #DemonsSouls #PS...

jonjonaug

Oct 25, 2017
Reposting for more active hours
Most likely the ring can be found somewhere else in the game, but I don't think anyone's figured out where yet. There's a new locked door near where you rescue Yuria that no one's figured out how to open yet that has an item behind it that may be the ring. It might also be available from crow trades, I doubt anyone's gone through every item in the game to see if any new ones were added yet.

99humanity

Oct 25, 2017
I saw where you could trade some item to the crows for it. Forget what item.
Most likely the ring can be found somewhere else in the game, but I don't think anyone's figured out where yet. There's a new locked door near where you rescue Yuria that no one's figured out how to open yet that has an item behind it that may be the ring. It might also be available from crow trades, I doubt anyone's gone through every item in the game to see if any new ones were added yet.
I mean people found the crow trades for the other new rings (uneven scales, ring of longevity). If it's in the game, I'm honestly shocked a streamer hasn't found it yet. I think it's possible it's not in the game unless you choose it as a gift, which would be really dumb.

zma1013

Oct 27, 2017
I mean people found the crow trades for the other new rings (uneven scales, ring of longevity). If it's in the game, I'm honestly shocked a streamer hasn't found it yet. I think it's possible it's not in the game unless you choose it as a gift, which would be really dumb.

Oh maybe that wasnt the ring i was thinking of. Maybe they dont count the gift ring for the trophy?

zarnold56

Oct 27, 2017
First ever playthough and I hit Patches in the Nexus by accident. After reading online he won't reset to be non-hostile, he had to die. It was before I did 4-2 so I didn't get that cutscene.

fireincairo

Mar 27, 2018
Can anyone confirm if you can reallocate stats after making the offering of 25k souls? I saw in a video you can edit the character but didn't see whether changing class allows for stat reallocation.

Swiggins

was promised a tag
Apr 10, 2018
I just helped another player defeat tower knight and want to do it again but it's not allowing me to drop my blue stone? Any reason why?
Gotta be in soul form to Co-op or invade unfortunately.

Just remember to kill yourself in the nexus, unless you want pure black world tendency.

Rookhelm

Oct 27, 2017
Nah, he is talking about an "exploit" in 4-1 which might not even work in the Remake. There are no shortcuts in 4-2, except that you don't have to deal with the first Reaper after you open the door (but you probably should because it's free souls, he dies quickly to arrows).

edit: checked it on yt, 4-1 shortcut still works, that's good to know.
Yeah, I tried the 4-1 skip and it def works

KillingJoke

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Ok I'm getting really into it now. Just killed Armor Spider after 3 tries, easy pattern. Some great soul joined me to kill Tower Knight which i really needed. I was getting my ass kicked before that. Starting to really appretiate the design and combat. Reminds me of SOTC because of the unique experience. My only problem was playing Spider-Man first. My hand was in button smash mode. Lol

Rookhelm

Oct 27, 2017
I just helped another player defeat tower knight and want to do it again but it's not allowing me to drop my blue stone? Any reason why?
can only drop your stone in spirit form. Once you beat that boss, you turned human. If you really want to just play it again, kill yourself in the Nexus (not in the world, as that lowers your Tendancy) and go back again.

KodaRuss

Oct 27, 2017
Texas
Completely forgot how to kill the spider and he destroyed me last night after the first try but I had to go to bed. Been thinking about killing her all day now, this has been ever Souls games for me since I first bought Dark Souls II.

Aurongel

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
How anyone handles the arduous runs back to the boss rooms is beyond me. This game has given me a newfound appreciation for the fair but still tough quality of life changes made in later games. Farming healing items sucks, long walks back to the bosses suck and the restrictions on when you can put down a summon sign also suck.

Oracle

Banned
Nov 7, 2017
Guys !!! I am going to start this game blind today and never played it on PS3. I want a fun, good time "easy" playthrough. What class, items, etc should I choose at the start? thanks !

Swiggins

was promised a tag
Apr 10, 2018
Does the person summoning for help need to be in human form?
Yes. You need to be human to summon help and be invaded.

You need to be in soul form to be summoned or do the invading.

Guys !!! I am going to start this game blind today and never played it on PS3. I want a fun, good time "easy" playthrough. What class, items, etc should I choose at the start? thanks !
If you're looking for an easier time starting out you wanna roll the Royalty Class without a doubt. Good starting gear, access to the best early level spell and they're level 1 so they're the most customizable.

Once you unlock all the Archstones, look around the early area in 4-1 for a Crescent Falchion +1, it will carry you through much of the early game.

Also, Magic is fucking busted in this game, don't be afraid to spec into mage-skills.

finalflame

Product Management
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
How anyone handles the arduous runs back to the boss rooms is beyond me. This game has given me a newfound appreciation for the fair but still tough quality of life changes made in later games. Farming healing items sucks, long walks back to the bosses suck and the restrictions on when you can put down a summon sign also suck.
Yup, it's absolutely fucking demoralizing and I hate it a lot. It's really cutting down my enjoyment of the game and making my play sessions shorter as I get stressed out sooner.

Also no status buildup meters is trash.

pvin626

Nov 16, 2017
So I beat 1-1 with the royalty class and Soul arrow made it easier. My only problem is that I do not know how to upgrade this build. I don't wan to focus on a magic build. I want a build with decent armor, a good sword and maybe some magic, or weapon enchantment.

What would work out best?

Moves

Oct 27, 2017
Welp, I accidentally died in Body form in 4-1 after defeating 3-1 boss... I guess that means I can't get pure white in this playthrough for world 4 RIP

Swiggins

was promised a tag
Apr 10, 2018
Welp, I accidentally died in Body form in 4-1 after defeating 3-1 boss... I guess that means I can't get pure white in this playthrough for world 4 RIP
No, you still can, it works on a gradient system.

Right now you're minus 1, help somebody in co-op and you'll be at zero again.

fireincairo

Mar 27, 2018
So I beat 1-1 with the royalty class and Soul arrow made it easier. My only problem is that I do not know how to upgrade this build. I don't wan to focus on a magic build. I want a build with decent armor, a good sword and maybe some magic, or weapon enchantment.

What would work out best?
Crescent falchion is a great sword for this. It scales off magic power so best of both worlds.

Morrigan

Oct 24, 2017
You still can if you don't die again, I think.
Right now you're minus 1, help somebody in co-op and you'll be at zero again.
Why do people keep repeating this? Does this actually work in the remake? Because it sure didn't in the original.

fundogmo

Oct 25, 2017
I'm so glad this seems like the very first thing they rebalanced for Dark Souls and the subsequent games. Some of those long walks here are brutal (4-2 lookin' at you).

I did find that I've found a state of zen about it though. You get good at learning which enemies you can run by, stop sweating about keeping your souls, and just minimizing risks. I never want to trudge back through that swamp though.

PlayBee

One Winged Slayer
Nov 8, 2017
I saw where you could trade some item to the crows for it. Forget what item.
Thanks, I'll hope someone finds it then

neatsaux

Nov 11, 2018
red room
I don't see much poijt in ever starting over. I'd just switch focus on what stats to level and find/buy a set of armor. The classes don't really mean much once you start leveling.
thats true but I did anyways. I was already thinking about it anyway because I wasnt super happy with my character appearance and I was still very early in the game. historically, I restart soulsborne games around 5 times before I decide im happy with my character and actually play the game hahaha

Vit is king. Then enough End to use weapon and fast roll. Then a "main stat" of your choosing depending on what build you're running. Faith for blessed etc etc

That's literally it.
this is helpful actually lmao, thanks!

Minamu

Nov 18, 2017
Sweden
Someone mentioned that Bluepoint has made some odd design decisions. What's up with that? Is there really a comprehensive list? And how is it controversial?

GotMurked

Sep 7, 2020
My bad if this had been answered but is there any point to worrying about WT if I'm always playing online? Isn't it always going to be in the middle? Or can I still get it White

OwensboroEsq

Oct 25, 2017
Just to add to this, don't use the in-level archstone to travel to another part of the level as well. You'll have to run from the black phantom to the primeval demon by foot.

Question for you: After you kill the Black Phantom, can you die? I would assume that would be the same as traveling VIA an arch-stone and would load the level / change the WT.

I was about to attempt doing this in each level but I'm just thinking what a pain it's going to be to go kill Scirvir in 2-2, and then have to fall all the way down and fight back up to the Prime Evil Demon. God knows I'm not going to clear the path first then fight him (I'm expecting to die a few dozen times each when trying to beat the black phantoms).

Edit Morrigan - same question to you. Does dying after killing a named black phantom reset word tendency (much like loading at an Arch-Stone would)?

Last edited:
How to control World Tendency

Morrigan

Oct 24, 2017
Gonna add a small World Tendency FAQ here. Covering the list of all the world tendency events is outside the scope of it but here's how you can control WT:

Q: Should I care about World Tendency?
A: Honestly, probably not, unless you're a completist. But if you do... check this FAQ for information on how to control it.

Q: How do I check what my current World Tendency is?
A: Check this threadmark. The UI is bad, though, but at least PWWT and PBWT are distinct enough.

Q: What's "PWWT" or "PBWT"?
A: The community's way of denoting maximum black or white tendency. They stand for Pure White World Tendency and Pure Black World Tendency, respectively.

Q: I died, am I screwed out of reaching PWWT this playthrough?
A: If you died in soul form, you're fine. If you died in body form... Well, maybe, maybe not. See below.

Q: Can I control World Tendency by helping a host beat a boss?
A: No! This is very common misinformation. You definitely couldn't in the original. If you can on the remake, I'd like to see evidence, but so far this appears to be completely false yet again. Note: helping kill a boss also does not affect Character Tendency.

Q: Is WT why people suicide in the Nexus and play the levels in soul form? To avoid shifting WT?
A: Yep.

Q: What are "Primeval Demons"?
A: They're weird, mostly harmless creatures that spawn in black or near-black tendency, once per world and per playthrough. They drop a valuable colourless soul when killed. You'll recognize them if you see a giant bloated insect-like thing just chilling there.

Q: I followed instructions to shift WT, but my WT hasn't changed. What gives?
A: Return to the Nexus to "save" the shift. Or, alternatively, use the Archstone to warp to another Archstone. So long as you don't use the Archstone to leave or reset the area, the shift will not register -- which may be useful in some rare cases.

Q: What about Character Tendency?
A: That's a whole different beast, not covered here.

How to shift the WT level towards White:

- Defeat a boss (as a host only): +1
- Defeat an invader (as a host only): +1
- Kill the Red or Blue Dragon: +1 each (World 1 only)
- Kill a Primeval Demon (spawns only at -3 or -4 black tendency, once per playthrough): +3
- Kill a named black phantom NPC (only Miralda, Scirvir, Rydell, Satsuki, and Selen count; spawns only at -4 aka "pure black" world tendency): +3

Note: this is missable. If you beat all of that world's bosses and can no longer be invaded, and never reached PWWT, you're SOL for this playthrough. However, there may be another way when playing online.... read the caveat at the end of the post!

How to shift the WT level towards Black:

- Die in body form: -1
- Kill a specific named/unique NPC (Miralda, Scirvir, Rydell, Satsuki, or Selen only): -3
- Kill Old King Doran in world 1: -2 across all worlds (going by memory here, someone correct me if I'm wrong) [edit: my memory was wrong, disregard]

Note: none of this is missable, so long as you have the means to revive to body form (Stones of Ephemeral Eyes, successful invasion or coop session) and re-suicide as many times as you need.

So.... What's the caveat?

You cannot be invaded in an area where the boss is dead. However, with a password, turns out, you can be invaded even if the boss is dead! (Tested successfully in 1-1 with another member here)

So, this is untested as of this writing (will edit my findings later today), but theoretically, you could have a friend invade you with a password in a world you cleared, kill them as many times as needed, and it would shift your WT to white. Hopefully this works, as it could be a gamechanger! 🤞 [Up: confirmed! tested successfully by Balbanes and LordGorchnik, thanks guys!]

I am offline. I have only one boss left, but killing it would still make me just shy of Pure White. Am I SOL?

Probably. But there might be a very tedious and nerve-wracking way. If you reach Pure Black Tendency, stay in soul form to be safe, and then kill both the Primeval Demon and the named Black Phantom without using the archstone in-between (because this will shift the WT to white and then you'll lose the BP/demon spawn), this will shift your WT by +6, and killing the last boss of that world will give you that missing +1.

For example, in world 4, you could spawn at 4-1, kill BP Satsuki, then make your way through the level on foot (with the additional difficulty, wee) until you reach 4-2 and kill the Primeval Demon there. If you die far into it, you'll respawn alllll the way to 4-1, though. Phew. Tedious, but it can be done as a last resort. Ironically, world 5 is easier here since the BP and the Primeval Demon are closer to each other (have fun with the BP Giant Depraved Ones though...!).

Note that some worlds don't allow backtracking, such as world 3; if you kill the primeval demon in 3-2, you can't make your way backwards to Rydell and kill him because you need the archstone and that will shift your WT! Oops.

~ Hope this helps someone ~

Last edited: