• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Gaston

Oct 28, 2017
Is there any way to use online to move towards PWT? All I've seen is I can potentially go human and risk an invasion to increase toward white. Can you use blue soul signs to help?

zma1013

Oct 27, 2017
Is the digital deluxe edition worth it for the extra content, or all a gimmick?

Eh not worth it other than if you just want some cool looking stuff early on and the heavy red knight armor set looks identical to the blue knight set you can farm as far as i can tell except i guess the face glows red instead of blue.

The big ritual blade sword is powerful early on and has low stat requirements so you can use it with just about any class right away.

Dec 6, 2017
US
Eh not worth it other than if you just want some cool looking stuff early on and the heavy red knight armor set looks identical to the blue knight set you can farm as far as i can tell except i guess the face glows red instead of blue.

The big ritual blade sword is powerful early on and has low stat requirements so you can use it with just about any class right away.

Asked this earlier in the thread but no answer. Does Deluxe have an option to switch to the original OST like, for example, Resi 2 Remake or something along the lines? No, right? There's no 'original OST' option in general available, right?

ruxtpin

Oct 30, 2017
PA

sounds like a pass. Thanks for the feedback. Was really only waffling on it because of the soundtrack, but I could probably get the vinyl eventually.

tripleSense

Alt Account
Banned
Oct 31, 2020
Love, love, love the game. Only played a few hours of the original so it's basically a brand new experience for me.
My only complaint - BluePoint could definitely add an option to turn down the soul form effects a little. It clashes too much with the amazing environments (and it doesn't let me appreciate the awesome player character model), to the point I'm legit sad when I get killed :(

Deleted member 46493

User requested account closure
Banned
Aug 7, 2018
Hey friends, getting my PS5 today so will be playing this game. Didn't play the original but I have played Souls/Sekiro/Bloodborne, platinum'ing the last two.

I've never played a From game online, mostly because I played them years after release. Now that I'm finally playing one when it comes out, do you think it's worth it? I like the idea of helping people but invasions/PvP is really not for me.

--

Also any good early equipment for a Dex build? Thanks!

Deleted member 60582

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 12, 2019
Really glad my dumb ass completely forgot about what affects world tendency and how using every single Stone of Ephemeral Eye every time I die in Latria is a bad thing.

Oh well, time to re-roll a character that can actually use at least a little magic here and there for once, I was only 4 hours in. I've only ever gone sword and board with zero spells, so a little variety will be nice.

zma1013

Oct 27, 2017
Asked this earlier in the thread but no answer. Does Deluxe have an option to switch to the original OST like, for example, Resi 2 Remake or something along the lines? No, right? There's no 'original OST' option in general available, right?

No there is no original OST. The deluxe edition does come with a seperate dowload of the new OST though.

Hewlett

Oct 27, 2017
Does playing online still affect World Tendency? At one point I had Boletaria in pure white but it's now a step down and I don't think I did anything to downgrade it.

horsebite

Oct 27, 2017
USA
Man, this game looks amazing and plays so great. I am surprised I still know all the ins and outs of the first few areas. Love being back in Demon's Souls. Bluepoint did an amazing job.

ZeroMaverick

Mar 5, 2018
Has anyone experienced a bit of left analogue drift? I had some moments where my character would walk without me touching the controller, and I'm worried that it's the controller. I haven't had this happen in any other games.

Morrigan

Spear of the Metal Church
Oct 24, 2017
The cutscene almost always hit when I'm in a life or death battle with the first cthulhu magician. Apologies to all the invaders who sat through the cutscene to just have me immediately die.
lol, I forgive you, though I'll admit I got annoyed when I kept being summoned for it and the hosts all died 3 times in a row. Anyone wants a free headwrap? I got lots of spares 👀

What is the best melee PVE build in this game? STR? DEX?
Hard to say, they're both good. Dex might struggle against enemies weak to blunt damage, but outside of world 4 it's not a huge issue, and as a trade-off they get the strongest bows and highest DPS. Strength gets the best weapons for crowd control and just raw power.

Faith is also excellent and is melee-focused too. Honestly, for PvE, it's probably faith -- which is similar to STR but with passive HP regen and magic damage. Overall STR will end up being stronger in terms of DPS, but the advantages of faith builds cannot be understated.

If I'm using the crescent falchion for my run should I be leveling strength or dex?
Magic. The "Crescent" part of the name refers to its upgrade path, which scales with the magic stat, adds partial permanent magic damage, and gives it passive MP regen.

qatak

Oct 27, 2017
as a knight that doesn't use magic... what the heck am I supposed to do with the flamelurker and those rock worms? I feel like I'm not quick enough for flamelurker and can't figure out how to get damage done to the worms

zma1013

Oct 27, 2017
as a knight that doesn't use magic... what the heck am I supposed to do with the flamelurker and those rock worms? I feel like I'm not quick enough for flamelurker and can't figure out how to get damage done to the worms

Rock worms: Shoot at its head when its mouth is open with crossbow or bow

Morrigan

Oct 24, 2017
The rockworms will get one-shot if you manage a projectile in their face when their mouth opens. As bad as crossbows are, they are actually useful here, though a bow also works.

Flamelurker is tough. Make sure you can fast-roll. Stay in front of him at all times but at a fair distance, try to bait his slam AOE, then get one-two hits in and quickly retreat. His attack pattern is actually really simple, but he's pretty aggressive and the AOE might clip you every now and then, making him the hardest boss in the game to melee.

Cugel

▲ Legend ▲
Nov 7, 2017
Hard to say, they're both good. Dex might struggle against enemies weak to blunt damage, but outside of world 4 it's not a huge issue, and as a trade-off they get the strongest bows and highest DPS. Strength gets the best weapons for crowd control and just raw power.

Faith is also excellent and is melee-focused too. Honestly, for PvE, it's probably faith -- which is similar to STR but with passive HP regen and magic damage. Overall STR will end up being stronger in terms of DPS, but the advantages of faith builds cannot be understated.

Thanks! Any specific build guide to recommend for a faith build?

Bunta

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
I cheesed Flamelurker like a wuss. The random person I summoned for help was a caster, so I just kited him and let them do all the damage.

random88

Oct 25, 2017
Not US

Projectiles are the best for worms, but you can totally get them with a melee weapon that has vertical slashes. I'd just avoid fighting them at all if possible.

You can either fast-roll through flamelurkers attack, or you can get a good flame resistant shield and block everything except the big two hand smash which you should avoid.

Manmademan

Election Thread Watcher
Aug 6, 2018
just imagine if....

Item acquired: Archstone Repair Kit.

this forum would come crashing down.

Honestly feel that post game DLC in that vein is honestly more likely than not.

DS1, DS2, DS3, and Bloodbourne all had extensive DLC, added in post game.

Doing a "6th Archstone" that way allows BP to be 100% faithful to the original game while still adding extra content that stands on its own and doesn't mess with the balance of the base content.

Sanctuary

Oct 27, 2017
Is the digital deluxe edition worth it for the extra content, or all a gimmick?

Not worth it at all. The best items are the sword and shield, and the shield is similar to another one you can find in 1-1, but with a smaller stat requirement. The Boletarian armor is trash too aside from fashion souls. The Red-Eyed Knight armor is decent, but very heavy, so you wouldn't really be getting much use out of the entire set for most of the game anyway. The ring is pretty weak too.

Rover_

Jun 2, 2020

Doing a "6th Archstone" that way allows BP to be 100% faithful to the original game while still adding extra content that stands on its own and doesn't mess with the balance of the base content.

yeah i agree... i would love to have some DLC in the short term... BP could make original content of theirs and prove themselves even more to do a proper sequel.

Manmademan

Election Thread Watcher
Aug 6, 2018
yeah i agree... i would love to have some DLC in the short term... BP could make original content of theirs and prove themselves even more to do a proper sequel.

There's not really a good reason not to do it unless Sony hates money.

The 6th Archstone seems suspiciously placed in the UI for an area that will never be used for anything and that secret locked door implies extra content no one has found yet.

I think it's a "when" more than an "if"

TetraGenesis

Oct 27, 2017
I can understand how Demon's Souls unique approach to what would become the souls genre would make it some people's favorite. As somebody who didn't play the original, these elements feel like an interesting twist in the genre to meThat said, for my taste? It is easily my least favorite of 1, 3, and (especially) Bloodborne. Sekiro too, I guess, but the gap isn't as large there. I'm enjoying it, for sure, and I'm so happy to be playing a souls game that is entirely new to me (on a brand new console, no less!) but... yeah, I'm just not feeling this take on the structure, mechanics, and systems.

I'm probably 20-25 hours in and still thoroughly hooked, sometimes truly thrilled. In general though, I'm haunted by this light sense of... boredom? Lack of fulfillment maybe? Idk.

BlueManifest

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Do you ever find a weapon that's better than your starting weapon or is it best to just keep upgrading your starter wep?

Mullet2000

Oct 25, 2017
Toronto
Are hybrid builds okay in this game or are they not very good?

I'm only three bosses in, kinda doing a hybrid dex/magic build but I'm wondering if I'm going to regret it down the line.

Dec 6, 2017
US

6th Archstone as a DLC 'experiment' so to speak would be absolutely a perfect way to introduce themselves, yup. I'd be totally into that.

Vidpixel

Oct 27, 2017
Yeah, I hope Bluepoint releases a patch that significantly tones down the soul-form effects. It's weird running around these amazingly detailed environments with a giant white hue glowing around your character lol.

Morrigan

Oct 24, 2017
Damn I've barely put anything into magic and I'm like 8 bosses in. Been focusing on dex.
I'm sure you picked up a dex weapon at some point. Uchi, kilij, war scythe are all very good. Pick the one who the moveset you prefer, visit blacksmith Ed and make it Sharp (though good luck on the bladestone farming lol...) and you'll start kicking ass. How high is your dex?

Do you ever find a weapon that's better than your starting weapon or is it best to just keep upgrading your starter wep?
You always find better but it also depends on the class. Some starting weapons are complete trash. But, like, the starting weapons for knights or temple knights are fairly decent and can carry you into the whole game -- but there's also superior versions later. Feel free to keep upgrading your weapon if you like it though. What's your starting weapon?

Are hybrid builds okay in this game or are they not very good?

I'm only three bosses in, kinda doing a hybrid dex/magic build but I'm wondering if I'm going to regret it down the line.
Some hybrids can work if you know what you're doing but in general it's best to specialize. In your case, it might be salvageable, depending on your stat split and weapons of choice.

Yeah, I hope Bluepoint releases a patch that significantly tones down the soul-form effects. It's weird running around these amazingly detailed environments with a giant white hue glowing around your character lol.
We should at least be able to de-activate it for photo mode :( that and the annoying auras like HP regen etc.

BlueManifest

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
There are def OP weapons if that's what you're asking but its not out of the ordinary for someone to go through the whole game with just a long sword.
Yea that's what I was wondering, so I can't decide if I should put all my souls into upgrading my start wep or wait until I have a new wep to put all souls into it

Ambient

Dec 23, 2017
Is there a certain order you are supposed to tackle each world and bosses? I'm kind of just going back and forth between all the worlds at a random pace.

Mullet2000

Oct 25, 2017
Toronto
Some hybrids can work if you know what you're doing but in general it's best to specialize. In your case, it might be salvageable, depending on your stat split and weapons of choice.

Haven't really planned much out. I just want to go dex weapons. Right now I'm using winged spear, will move on to another spear or a katana later.

As far as stat allocation goes, I started as a royal, and have mostly put my points into endurance and dex so far. For magic I've only put a couple points in to INT unlock the second spell slot.