• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

fertygo

Oct 25, 2017
Hajime No Ippo 1350

Fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck me I actually got all caught up. This was some kind of insane marathon. I can't believe this fucking thing is still going after 30 years. Around 1000~1100 I was expecting to arrive to some kind of conclusive ending, but nope, still going. I imagine it will never end and it's better to stop thinking about it.

I'm glad however that I can kind of pick an ending for myself somewhere in there. Also glad the last chapter ends right after a major fight so I can pretty much just move on with my life now lol.

feels like the author really wants to sow the seeds for Ippo's comeback but I hope it never happens. He seems happy and reasonably fulfilled as is, just needs to get it on with Kumi lol. Although I guess the quickest way to his comeback is killing off his mom... And that would be a big yikes for me dawg
Can you spoil me whats the major plot point after Ippo retirement? kinda want to decide if I want to catch up or not, quite satisfied at major point around chapter 1200 or so.

THIJJ

Oct 26, 2017
Dandadan

I feel like this is exactly what you'd end up with if you crossed bleach with chainsaw man. And I mean that in the best way possible.

All of the characters are incredibly fun, story works, arts amazing. I dig it heavily.

jett

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Can you spoil me whats the major plot point after Ippo retirement? kinda want to decide if I want to catch up or not, quite satisfied at major point around chapter 1200 or so.
There's really nothing major going on.

Ippo is now working as a second at the gym. But through all that time he's still been training and wearing weights on his hands and feet, plus he's been doing a lot of research for his new position, gaining a lot of boxing knowledge he didn't have before. The manga is hinting that he's in fact more powerful than ever before despite not being an active boxer.

Honestly this new stage in Ippo's life is kinda fun to watch.

MadnB

Oct 25, 2017
Choujin X
I found the art confusiong at times, but I'm really enjoying the story so far.
I did like Tokyo Ghoul, though Re was disappointing, we'll see how this one goes

Orayn

Oct 25, 2017
Choujin X - 7

I got a good laugh out of them juking the whole "hero transforms for the first time and blows away the enemy in one hit" thing.

diakyu

Dec 15, 2018
Choujin X 7

Surprisingly funny chapter. It was neat to see he couldn't just blow her away after transforming and still had to formulate a plan. Might have worked too if they had better control over their powers.

RochHoch

One Winged Slayer
May 22, 2018
Did no one post the TOC? Not like it means much, but:
qdd5t1389hj71.png

Red Hood actually ranked this time. Doesn't mean a whole lot since axed series usually take a week or two before dropping to the bottom IIRC, so we'll have to wait and see where it ends up

Oct 25, 2017
Did no one post the TOC? Not like it means much, but:
qdd5t1389hj71.png

Red Hood actually ranked this time. Doesn't mean a whole lot since axed series usually take a week or two before dropping to the bottom IIRC, so we'll have to wait and see where it ends up

All we can say is that Candy Flurry is definitely dead. The rest seems to be stable for now.
And yeah, Red Hood is too early to tell. There are previous axed series that started at that spot, only to plummet to the bottom.
Ah that's right, One Piece Chapter 216 re-drawn by Nisekoi creator Naoshi Komi. That will be interesting. Also, another Shokugeki no Sanji already? Feels like they don't want to start that new manga. Maybe the all-girl paranormal school pilot was rejected?

NSESN

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
All we can say is that Candy Flurry is definitely dead. The rest seems to be stable for now.
And yeah, Red Hood is too early to tell. There are previous axed series that started at that spot, only to plummet to the bottom.
Ah that's right, One Piece Chapter 216 re-drawn by Nisekoi creator Naoshi Komi. That will be interesting. Also, another Shokugeki no Sanji already? Feels like they don't want to start that new manga. Maybe the all-girl paranormal school pilot was rejected?
it is good to emphasize that all new mangas that started at 6 this year lived, also this is one of the first TOCs this year that had MHA, OP, JJK, Dr Stone and BC all ranking instead of one being on hiatus of having a color page so the 6th position is even better than the usual

Deleted member 40853

User requested account closure
Banned
Mar 9, 2018
They dropped a new chapter of Kubo Won't Let Me Be Invisible but nothing for the backlog. Kind of a bummer. I really enjoyed the first 6 chapters, and I totally get that it's a lot of translation to do, but maybe I'll just catch up elsewhere and read the new chapters as they come out.

BassForever

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
CT
They dropped a new chapter of Kubo Won't Let Me Be Invisible but nothing for the backlog. Kind of a bummer. I really enjoyed the first 6 chapters, and I totally get that it's a lot of translation to do, but maybe I'll just catch up elsewhere and read the new chapters as they come out.
The back log will only fill as volumes come out. If you want to catch up before the end of 2022 you'll just need to bite the bullet and read the scanlation for now.

Qvoth

Oct 26, 2017
Shangri-la Frontier 53
Just another fight chapter I suppose
Started to read the webnovel version, which some say is worse than the manga

Oct 27, 2017
Boy's Trash 64

Two weeks??? This shit has only been going on for two weeks?!? God damn.

This continues to be trash and Gen is up to something again.

38a.jpg

diakyu

Dec 15, 2018
Choujin X - 7

I got a good laugh out of them juking the whole "hero transforms for the first time and blows away the enemy in one hit" thing.
It's especially funny because I was like "if he's a bird his bones should shatter trying to do this", and that's pretty much what happened lmao

Oct 27, 2017
Kaguya 235

Nice chapter. It is a nice break after the Osaragi mess the past few chapters had.

I keep forgetting Mikaido is suspicious. I wonder if Kaguya dislikes him because of some naive reasons or for legit reasons.
Will be interesting to see if Fujiwara does get with Hayasaca. They kinda fit. Mikaido is interesting as well as he does seem to fit her description.

Kewlmyc

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Kaguya 235

Nice chapter. It is a nice break after the Osaragi mess the past few chapters had.

I keep forgetting Mikaido is suspicious. I wonder if Kaguya dislikes him because of some naive reasons or for legit reasons.
Will be interesting to see if Fujiwara does get with Hayasaca. They kinda fit. Mikaido is interesting as well as he does seem to fit her description.
I figure Fujiwara and Hayasaca is your typical "haha gay" joke that romcoms love to make, but I'll love to be proven wrong.

And Mikado did transfer to their school for business reasons, but he's not a bad person from what we've seen so far. Doubt he would be Miyuki's friend otherwise. Kaguya seems to have some sort of personal grudge against him, as she's perfectly fine with Maki, but who knows why.

Oct 27, 2017
I figure Fujiwara and Hayasaca is your typical "haha gay" joke that romcoms love to make, but I'll love to be proven wrong.

And Mikado did transfer to their school for business reasons, but he's not a bad person from what we've seen so far. Doubt he would be Miyuki's friend otherwise. Kaguya seems to have some sort of personal grudge against him, as she's perfectly fine with Maki, but who knows why.
Yeah I can't help but feel that way too. Aka does like to go out of boundaries so maybe it will happen. Then again, the last arc (the Osaragi part in particular as the first half is great) was frustratingly bad so who knows.

Mikaido does seem like he is a good guy but it will be interesting why Kaguya dislikes him that much. Something must have happened. Hopefully we find out in the coming weeks as the Shinomiya plot line has been away for a long time now.

Oct 27, 2017
Oshi no Ko 53

That Kamoshida douchbag barely scrapped by. Had Aqua learned of this he would have gone through hell. Good on Melt for stepping in. Such a shame his spirits were broken because of that bitch.

So it is obvious now that Ruby is still hurting from what happened to Ai. Poor girl. I hope Aqua's revenge doesn't hurt her further.

Kewlmyc

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Oshi no Ko 53

That Kamoshida douchbag barely scrapped by. Had Aqua learned of this he would have gone through hell. Good on Melt for stepping in. Such a shame his spirits were broken because of that bitch.

So it is obvious now that Ruby is still hurting from what happened to Ai. Poor girl. I hope Aqua's revenge doesn't hurt her further.
If I had a nickel for every time a Kamoshida was being a creep to minors, I would have two nickels, which isn't a lot, but it's weird that it's happened twice.

Oct 25, 2017
Red Hood 8

Kind of messy overall, I dont know why all the time skips. Could have had some training moments in there and made it last a few chapters.

Neru 7

Meanwhile this continues to be a blast. Also Neru and Hatorii being friends will be great. Looking forward to it.

Yozakura Family 95

Usa made it through this far and failed. Sad.

Regardless, I'm glad were betting sibling rivalry going on. Also gathering the threads was cool.

Roboco 54

E9-IfNCXMAcakw6

Finally a point I agree about in HeroAca. Fantastic final arc.

Last edited:
Oct 25, 2017
Candy Flurry 17

Who knew the other lollipop user was a pretty boy.

Regardless, this has to 100 percent be ending, random scenes, school/city wide destruction by the opposing forces, direct confrontation of lollipop users

Will it evade the under 19 designation?!

Magu 56
E9-LoN5XIAEDVPy

All I needed this summer was an Izuma chapter and I got it. Fantastic fantasy rpg storyline.

Last edited:

RochHoch

One Winged Slayer
May 22, 2018
One Piece 1023
What a chapter, damn. Zoro and Sanji getting their fights at last is hype as hell, and Oda packed a lot into this one with showing what's going on elsewhere.

Wano is just so good.

One Piece EXTRA
A tribute chapter to Bon Clay's noble sacrifice. How nice.

Oh yeah, Vivi's there too

Oct 25, 2017
Blue Box 18

hows the person who went on a date already having second thoughts.

still i just dislike how everything resolves so fast. some of this stuff should have been dragged out.

Also, I assume Hina will put up some fight to win Taiki heart just based on the line about running away without trying.

Witch Watch 27

Guessing Keigo will still join the heroes post fight, dont really see a fate for the old lady.

Fantastic fight scenes though.

Dr. Stone 208

Ryusui sitting there developing a bank while everyone else is toiling away at going to space lol.

The explanation of the weaving the net to make a calculator was by far better than the fax machine and a few other concepts. Kind of wonder if they need more consultants to find ways to better explain a few concepts we've had.

Mash 75

Finn should have passed. He survived, that is worth something :(

One Piece 216

E9-XXRRXMAcG3rT

fantastic character design

Last edited:

Xita

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
The Land of the Lustrous Vol. 10-11

The last volume came out so long ago I forgot what happened aside from sad things. Man this manga is just painful to read at this point, every time I think this is the lowest things can get things get lower : (

Vanitas 54

Just glad Domi is okay.

Harem Royale: When the Game Ends Vol. 1-2

Death Games x Harem RomCom, I'm pretty about it as long as it sticks to the mind games.

The Great Jahy Will Not Be Defeated! Vol. 1

Wasn't sure how I was going to feel about this after how much I disliked the author's other work, The Maid is Suspicious and We'll Repeat the Same Joke 13 Times, and this was pretty similarly repetitive, but what carried this manga for me is how adorable Jahy is. Will read more just to get more Jahy faces.

Bungou Stray Dogs Beast Vol. 1

Edgy.

I dunno, an AU swapping Akutagawa and Atsushi is cool in theory but this basically trades out the nice bits of levity the main series has for full-on angst with blood and gore aplenty. Might continue but I feel like I'd rather just someone's fanfic about it than see this drawn in great detail.

RuffMadman

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
USA
One Piece has been knocking it out of the park recently and things are just ramping up. Also looks like we'll be getting even more Zoro/Sanji backstory soon.

turbobrick

Oct 25, 2017
Phoenix, AZ
The Great Jahy Will Not Be Defeated! Vol. 1

Wasn't sure how I was going to feel about this after how much I disliked the author's other work, The Maid is Suspicious and We'll Repeat the Same Joke 13 Times, and this was pretty similarly repetitive, but what carried this manga for me is how adorable Jahy is. Will read more just to get more Jahy faces.

Having read like 50 or so chapters, I'd say its the least repetitive of the authors works, and probably the one I like the most.

NSESN

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Red hood
This is getting really interesting with all the fairytales references
Blue box
I like how things solve fast so they can develop to the next plot point. Now we should see more of chinatsu and how she thinks of all of this.

Poodlestrike

Smooth vs. Crunchy
Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
Dr. Stone
Okay, it's time for me to get INTENSELY NITPICKY

This series has, for a while now IMO, had an issue where the actual innovations are coming really easy in comparison to how painstaking everything was earlier. There's a lot of handwaving over "and now the superhuman crafting team just makes it work." But now they've got banking by fiat with no real governmental structure to support it and somehow that's what's bugging the hell out of me? But it is. Really, the currency thing was already kind of strained, but now they're just trusting that they have checks notes hundreds of millions of funnybucks backed by a government that doesn't seem to exist (remember, Japan is still stone! All of society is the people in the main cast and the nameless, ever-grateful foreign laborers who require no story presence at all to convince to join their enterprise), transmitted across multiple continents by a computer that only exists on one end.

BassForever

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
CT
Red hood
This is getting really interesting with all the fairytales references

I'm starting to get a bit worried about Red Hood, the pacing has gotten really fast all of the sudden which is never a good sign. We spent 5 chapters in the Hamlet setting up Velou and having him slowly learn about Grimm, hunters, werewolves, wolfonium, etc. Now in 2 chapters we've basically gone through a 3 month training arc mostly off screen, got a rapid fire "here are some new characters" and learned that the bad guys may not really be as bad as we thought and that the Hamlet was a set up.

Oct 25, 2017
it wouldn't surprise me if Red Hood shares the same fate as Rookie Policewoman Kiruko. Dies fast, but Grimm will live on in fan art. At least for a year or two.

Orayn

Oct 25, 2017
Here's my current list as of this week.

Up to date:
Kaiju No. 8
Dandadan
Sakamoto Days
Neru
Red Hood
Choujin X

~10-20 chapters behind:
Elusive Samurai
Magu-chan
Mashle

Bigger catch-ups:
MHA
JJK
One Piece
Dr. Stone

Red Hood is definitely in the middle of a course correction but I'm not really worried about it yet. Feels like it's headed in the right direction and should be okay if readership doesn't suddenly fall off a cliff. I just hope it doesn't wind up like Phantom Seer where it gets canceled exactly when it seemed to really hit its stride.

I'm really liking Neru, it continues to deliver on the whole retro 90's thing in good ways.

NSESN

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
I am way more worried about Neru than red hood just for the fact it doesn't seem to have any discussion at all

phaze

Oct 26, 2017
Blue Box

A stay of execution ? Nooo I need more Hina suffering. Write the other two out.

Candy Flurry

The final clash against Akatsuki leader in chapter 17 ...

Red Hood

zzzzzzzzz Feels like any potential this had is being squandered both by the genericness of the exam training arc, new characters not making an impression and some signs of rushing through material. Not a lost case but worrisome progression.

Nakenorm

"This guy are sick"
The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
Oh so Dandadan just recently got a official translation? I thought I had completely missed it for months. Really enjoyed the 20 first chapters.

Jujutsu Kaisen still going strong, Sakamoto was great as usual and I'm still enjoying Red Hood.

Been a long time since I was this excited for new Shonen series.