Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr.Deadshot

Oct 27, 2017
Links to a page that says we are sorry the page you requested cannot be found.

My subscription expired a little over a week ago.

edit:
Oh, now it works but I am not seeing 1 dollar price =(
Go to xbox.com - there should be an icon "get Xbox for 1€", click on that, login and then it takes you to the screen where you chose between Ultimate and PC - both for 1€. It works for me until the payment - I didn't buy because I just don't need any game of the Gamepass at the moment. I already subscribed two times with that account, so it should work as long as you are in-active at the moment. I am from Germany, maybe it's a regional thing though.

Oct 25, 2017
Go to xbox.com - there should be an icon "get Xbox for 1€", click on that, login and then it takes you to the screen where you chose between Ultimate and PC - both for 1€. It works for me until the payment - I didn't buy because I just don't need any game of the Gamepass at the moment. I already subscribed two times with that account, so it should work as long as you are in-active at the moment. I am from Germany, maybe it's a regional thing though.

Thanks for the tip but it does not seem available for me for whatever reason.

Toño

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
Spain
I just received a Tabletop Simulator's gift from a friend, but I already own it so I can't claim it. I talked with her and we agree to share it here, so I'll give it to the first that PM me with his/her email so my friend can sent it.

Edit: Claimed

Kadzork

Has got mad skills!!
Oct 27, 2017
Mechwarrior 5 worth picking up? I've been eyeing it for a while and it's on sale at the EGS. Plus I have that coupon that's about to expire.

I picked it up before the sale and have been enjoying it a lot.

It is not without issues - the spawns are wacky at times for enemy units & some of the systems are a bit simplified but there are quite a lot of mods out & they recently added an official mod manager to the game.

Took some screenshots when I first started playing - you will see my modded hud at the end.

unknown.png

unknown.png

unknown.png

unknown.png

dex3108

Oct 26, 2017
My Thief Reboot playthrough ideas is currently on hold ( i went back and game reminded me how slow and methodical it is and i am not in a mood for something slow) so i am already like 30 minutes scrolling through my Steam library and i can't decide what to play next.

Sheepinator

Jul 25, 2018
I got the Game Pass deal I linked above. I bought 2 years of Live Gold from Costco, digital delivery within an hour, for $95. Plus the $1 GP which upgrades an existing sub, with taxes means I now have 25 months at just over $4 per month each. I foresee A Plague Tale and the new Ori in my near future.

Gabbo

Oct 25, 2017
I mean, are remastered editions ever really worth it on PC?

I could maybe count on one hand the number of games without enough improvements to warrant the purchase.
Lucasarts adventure remasters that DoubleFine worked on were quite good, but in general, no. They improvements are rarely enough to justify the asking price.

Mentalist

Mar 14, 2019
I do recall people saying that the Soul Saga project is nowhere near as good what the initial Kickstarter promised an all that.

But the 75% off offer from GOG is still tempting.

Khilandros

Oct 25, 2017
Canada
Been playing a lot of Bannerlord and boy is it good. Devs have been releasing patches every day, so things are slowly improving. I can't wait to see where the modding community goes with this, imagine the overhauls like the ones for Warband.

Ragona

Oct 26, 2017
Been playing WoW for ages and now try Elder Scrolls Online as thats supposed to be the 'best' mmo for solo players.
are there any really ambitious MMO projects in the foreseeable future or is the oldschool mmorpg genre replaced by Destiny, Division etc?

eonden

Oct 25, 2017
What a novel concept, instead of focusing on shitty monetization and marketing, let's make a good game. I bet influencers got richer off artifact than valve did, because everyone seemed to be hyping that shitty game.
The core gameplay of Artifact was pretty good, the main problem was that it was anti-everything that was learnt about card games for PC.
It had a very steep curve, it was too complex to start up with (due to lacking easy visualization of the entire map), and it was too long in general. I would blame it more in them playing too much of the game and getting used to the negatives (which make it harder for new players to get into it).

But in general, outside of it the core gameplay was very solid (although some color lacked better core identity).

Also, saying that Artifact had a ton of marketing is a bit funny taking into account how it had nearly nothing.

Suddenly, Valve is talkative!
Yep

Mentalist

Mar 14, 2019
In 2 days, Dreamscaper is getting a free "prologue" (read: demo) on Steam with about 6-8 hours of content.

I must admit, I'm not big into rogue-likes, because I prefer to face the same challenge and grind it down via sheer obstinancy as I slowly get better.

But the premise here and how your 'waking world" decisions seemingly influence what you face when you sleep is the kind of hook that's gonna draw me in.

TaySan

SayTan
Dec 10, 2018
Tulsa, Oklahoma
I mean, are remastered editions ever really worth it on PC?

I could maybe count on one hand the number of games without enough improvements to warrant the purchase.
Depends on the title.
Saints Row 2 would have made a million times more sense especially with the PC port that we got. I sometimes wish i was a fly on the wall with some of the business decisions being made.

dex3108

Oct 26, 2017
So PC Era if i start Shadow of Mordor will i be cursing day when i started it like 10h in? XD Compare it to Assassin's Creed Odyssey for example (i kinda liked that game but i got bored doing same things after like 10h).

Adnor

Oct 25, 2017
Depends on the title.
Saints Row 2 would have made a million times more sense especially with the PC port that we got. I sometimes wish i was a fly on the wall with some of the business decisions being made.
That reminds me, have they said anything about the updated port for 2? They announced that they had found the code for the old CDPR port and were going to update it and make it, well... Decent, but I haven't seen anything more about it.

Taborcarn

Oct 27, 2017
I am not too keen on TBS these days and I heard this is more of a puzzler than a conventional strategy game. Is that true? Because I really don't like puzzle games :D

That is exactly true and the reason I stopped playing the game. The RPG elements to the game are hardly there, equipment is few and far between and the card system wasn't great for customization. And yes, each map felt like a puzzle with one specific solution that you had to work out the exact order of.

Mentalist

Mar 14, 2019
So PC Era if i start Shadow of Mordor will i be cursing day when i started it like 10h in? XD Compare it to Assassin's Creed Odyssey for example (i kinda liked that game but i got bored doing same things after like 10h).
Honestly, I'd just go straight for Shadow of War. in SoM you don't get the best part (ability to order your brainwashed orcs around) untill like 80% into the game.

SoM is an extended tutorial for Shadow of War, and the story is nothing to write home about in either installment.

Mr.Deadshot

Oct 27, 2017
That is exactly true and the reason I stopped playing the game. The RPG elements to the game are hardly there, equipment is few and far between and the card system wasn't great for customization. And yes, each map felt like a puzzle with one specific solution that you had to work out the exact order of.
Thanks, not for me then.

dex3108

Oct 26, 2017
Honestly, I'd just go straight for Shadow of War. in SoM you don't get the best part (ability to order your brainwashed orcs around) untill like 80% into the game.

SoM is an extended tutorial for Shadow of War, and the story is nothing to write home about in either installment.

I kinda need to play previous entries in franchise if i own them XD I will maybe watch story so far for games i don't own or can't play anymore, but if i own game i will play it.

devSin

Oct 27, 2017
I kinda need to play previous entries in franchise if i own them XD I will maybe watch story so far for games i don't own or can't play anymore, but if i own game i will play it.
SoM is relatively short and easy to just blast through. It's nothing special, but fun enough for the amount of content it has.

Everything I saw of SoW suggests that it was far more bloated and required more grinding (though they may have changed things when they got rid of the micro-transactions).

Status
Not open for further replies.