Status
Not open for further replies.

Deleted member 2533

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
So I learned tonight that your progress in World War Z is not saved to a central server, which is incredibly odd. I did a full Windows re-install since the last time I played, loaded the game up this evening to play with a friend and all of my classes and weapons were reset to level 1, even though I had cloud saves enabled before. So, that tells me that your progress is saved locally, which is absolutely baffling for a game that puts so much emphasis on progression.

Same with MHW, a bunch of people lost their chars because they didn't play for close to a year when they patched up to Iceborne. Something to do with version incompatibility if you tried to go from a really old patch and skipped several incremental patches before booting up Iceborne.

It's especially weird in WWZ's case, because isn't there PvP multiplayer as well?

Jun 2, 2019
Same with MHW, a bunch of people lost their chars because they didn't play for close to a year when they patched up to Iceborne. Something to do with version incompatibility if you tried to go from a really old patch and skipped several incremental patches before booting up Iceborne.

It's especially weird in WWZ's case, because isn't there PvP multiplayer as well?

Aaaaaah great, so when i get back to the game this summer I'm going to have to restart my save.

Deleted member 2533

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Aaaaaah great, so when i get back to the game this summer I'm going to have to restart my save.

Research it, you can salvage your save.

What happened was that the game detected an incompatibility, deleted the MHW save and replaced it with a new one, and then cloud-sync'd the new one and lost everything.

If you have your save backed up you can convert it to the current version. I think Capcom fixed the bug now, but just google how to back up your MHW save before you run the game.

Even if you don't have your save, you can pull it from Steam's cloud. There are tutorials for that, too.

Launchpad

Oct 26, 2017
You telling me that this girl

pABo7jm.png

is anime as fuck?
Top 3 RE moments of all time for, honestly.

Chairmanchuck (另一个我)

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
China
Most bundle websites, outside of HB and Fanatical, seem kinda dead.

Indiegalas bundles look more and more like Shovelware bundles and I do not just mean bad games, but literal "my first unity project made in 3 hours" bundles:

Groupees.... is similar. When they have games its mostly really low quality trash.

Fanatical still has bundles with "real games". The current adventure bundle is great, there is a DotEmu bundle and a hidden object game bundle all with good games (even though they are mostly rebundled) and their bundlefest had high quality games.
Humble still has great bundles.

Every other site though seems.... dead.

.exe

Oct 25, 2017
Indiegalas bundles look more and more like Shovelware bundles and I do not just mean bad games, but literal "my first unity project made in 3 hours" bundles:

Groupees.... is similar. When they have games its mostly really low quality trash.

I feel like it's been like that for a while. It's been years since I bought a bundle from a place other than Fanatical or Humble.

Gelf

Oct 27, 2017
I think devs have cottened on to not devaluing thier games in bundles too quickly these days. Only the biggest players can offer them acceptable terms to do that now.

Gevin

Nov 2, 2017
I don't mind waiting for all the chapters of the remake to be released before getting them on PC

dex3108

Oct 26, 2017
I still think that Square Enix is crying because they did exclusivity for Remake. Imagine how much copies they would sell right now when almost everyone is at home and still have some money (before economic sh*t hits the fan).

.exe

Oct 25, 2017
Thronebreaker is really, really good! I'm enjoying it a lot more than I thought I would. The puzzle battles in particular are very fun.

Madjoki

Oct 25, 2017
somebodys been working hard on getting alyx to play nice on a non vr build (still a while aways, but I can see them getting to something "playable")

of course, i can imagine people playing this and thinking the game is boring as heck since everything is triviliazed.

You could also install this:

github.com

GitHub - r57zone/OpenVR-driver-for-DIY: OpenVR driver for DIY

OpenVR driver for DIY. Contribute to r57zone/OpenVR-driver-for-DIY development by creating an account on GitHub.

It definitely has bit of learning curve, but should be doable once you get hang of it.

dex3108

Oct 26, 2017

biocat

Oct 25, 2017
Mechwarrior 5 worth picking up? I've been eyeing it for a while and it's on sale at the EGS. Plus I have that coupon that's about to expire.

bmdubya

Nov 1, 2017
Colorado

Yeah, there is PvP multiplayer, though I haven't touched it yet. I also find it weird that cloud saves were enabled with EGS, but it didn't pull down my cloud saves. Just another icon on the desktop though!
www.resetera.com

Gematsu: Mafia II: Definitive Edition and Mafia III: Definitive Edition rated for PS4, Xbox One, and PC

https://www.gematsu.com/2020/04/mafia-ii-definitive-edition-and-mafia-iii-definitive-edition-rated-for-ps4-xbox-one-and-pc-in-taiwan I suspect Mafia III will have the DLC bundled in. Hopefully it has better performance than when it initially launched.

Will we actually see remake of Mafia 2 as leak said or they will just pack DLCs and sell it?
Do you think they'll have the Playboy magazines in the game still?

.exe

Oct 25, 2017
Yes, its a great rpg. I hate the last battle tho.

Sometimes i wish the game had turn based combat instead of card but its ok.

I'm alright with the card battling so far, even though that kind of stuff usually doesn't appeal to me. It's apparently pretty long though, so we'll see if that holds true to the end.

dex3108

Oct 26, 2017
Yeah, there is PvP multiplayer, though I haven't touched it yet. I also find it weird that cloud saves were enabled with EGS, but it didn't pull down my cloud saves. Just another icon on the desktop though!

Do you think they'll have the Playboy magazines in the game still?

I have no idea.

Also it looks like that Saints Row 3 Remastered is Epic Store Exclusive.

dex3108

Oct 26, 2017
Deep SIlver is really sucking Timmy dry.

Still waiting to see if THQN's gonna stick to their 2018 pledge to put Biomutant on GOG Day 1 or not.

THQN usually releases things everywhere. And even though they own Deep Silver they don't want to interfere with heir business.

Also it is funny how you can't link to your game released on only platform so you link platform where you will release it in a year XD

Deleted member 13560

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
You telling me that this girl

pABo7jm.png

is anime as fuck?

Yes. 100%
You have a person picking up a weapon that's more than twice the size of them and probably 3 to 4 times their weight... That's pretty anime. I know it's anime because my hype went through the roof. My hype only goes through the roof in the presence of cool anime stuff like this.

Sheepinator

Jul 25, 2018
MS has their $1 Game Pass Ultimate deal back. For inactive accounts only. It will upgrade up to 36 months of Live Gold etc. for that $1. I'm tempted to get maybe 24 months Live Gold from Costco for $95 and take this deal.

slickdeals.net

Microsoft Store Coupon | (80% Off Promo Code ) | Aug 2021

Use today's limited 80% off Microsoft promo codes and coupons. Find trending discount codes on all your favorite games, software and productivity apps.

theSoularian

Oct 25, 2017
MS has their $1 Game Pass Ultimate deal back. For inactive accounts only. It will upgrade up to 36 months of Live Gold etc. for that $1. I'm tempted to get maybe 24 months Live Gold from Costco for $95 and take this deal.

slickdeals.net

Use today's limited 80% off Microsoft promo codes and coupons. Find trending discount codes on all your favorite games, software and productivity apps.

For a $1, why not.

Oct 25, 2017

slickdeals.net

Links to a page that says we are sorry the page you requested cannot be found.

My subscription expired a little over a week ago.

edit:
Oh, now it works but I am not seeing 1 dollar price =(

bmdubya

Nov 1, 2017
Colorado
The Saints Row 3 remaster trailer shows all the comparison shots during sunset so you can see the new lighting effects. I mean, textures and stuff look better, but I would not spend $40 on that remaster.

Lashley

<<Tag Here>>
Oct 25, 2017
I mean, are remastered editions ever really worth it on PC?

I could maybe count on one hand the number of games without enough improvements to warrant the purchase.

Classy Tomato

Jun 2, 2019

I could maybe count on one hand the number of games without enough improvements to warrant the purchase.
I'm not really a fan of the new art direction in many remastered games. New players maybe can ignore the change, but as someone who has played the original version, it's somewhat off-putting for me.

Mentalist

Mar 14, 2019

-Age of Empires II was. Both the HD and DE versions. But they brought in a ton of extra content.
-The GOTY editions of the early Arkham games ripped out GaFWL

Those are the main 2 that come to mind. Darksiders II Deathinitive Edition apparently made the game more stable; the Warmastered edition for the original is messed up on GOG, so I would not recommend (the Steam version was fine though).

They are definitely hit or miss, but a lot of the times I grab em once they get on GOG, because they'e heavily discounted, especially if I already own the original edition.

Status
Not open for further replies.