OP
OP
Uzzy

Uzzy

Gabe’s little helper
Oct 25, 2017
Hull, UK
Anyone interested in Flight simulator?

DCS World is offering all aircraft, maps, and asset packs free for a month ( April 18th to May 19th )

screen-shot-2017-05-24-at-8-55-01-am.png

Now that's a deal.

.exe

Oct 25, 2017
Picked up Rain World through that Fanatical bundle. Looking forward to playing it. Seems like one of those rare proper hidden/underappreciated gems. Or so the Matthewmatosis video would have me think.

Lashley

<<Tag Here>>
Oct 25, 2017
Ok, a friend can join discord and game chat fine but Xbox refuses to work, checked teredo and nat type settings but nothing.

When he invites us or joins a Xbox party it just says connecting and then kicks him after a while.

Me and another friend can use it fine.

Megasoum

Oct 25, 2017
My Steam stopped launching on boot a few months ago and I have no idea why... Everything seems to be setup properly...

Anybody else has seen that issue?

XR.

Nov 22, 2018
Historically, using a VPN to activate retail key has been fine, regardless of the associated content, but as of around the middle of last year, the key activation system is now governed by the same rules as the gift activation system, meaning you can't activate a region-locked key without also changing the "home region" of your account to match -- which, in light of the aforementioned change, may now be considered cross-region purchasing.
Appreciate the insight.

Oct 25, 2017
Taiwan
I would use scheduler to have steam turn on then using startup TBH. I usually have a minute delay after log in so I log in, grab some water, come back steam is started.

1 gift from Premium Ghoul

GiftBot

Official Giveaway Bot
Verified
Mar 7, 2018

Giveaway

Restrictions:
Hello, I am bot! I come bearing 1 gift from Premium Ghoul Premium Ghoul!

This is a quick raffle that will expire in 6 hours. The winner will be drawn at random! Any prizes leftover after the deadline will become available on a first-come first-serve basis.

These are our awesome prizes:

• Steam Steam: Metro Redux Bundle - Won by cyba89 cyba89 (5 entries)

texhnolyze

Shinra Employee
Oct 25, 2017
Indonesia
Anyone here WFH using the PC? What webcam do you use?

I've been looking for a cheap but decent one, is Logitech the way to go?

DongBeetle

Oct 25, 2017
Hey guys I was gonna upgrade my entire system except for my GPU until coronavirus hit. Now I'm just gonna hold onto the money but I would like to know if an i5 4690k will be sufficient to run Half-Life Alyx? My GPU is a GTX 1070 and I have 16GB of DDR3 1300. Wasn't sure where to post this

dex3108

Oct 26, 2017
spent a short stint with a 3D printer, a PLA one. Unfortunately currently out of action and I need to spend some time getting it back up and running. Sorry I didn't go for a resin one instead. Would have suited my needs a lot better.

For hobby purpose FDM is more than enough. They are cheaper, filament is cheaper and they usually offer bigger bed and overall print volume. Resin ones give better print results but they are more expensive and usually offer smaller print volume for the same price. That is why i was looking to get Prusa i3 MK3s, it is kinda best printer in that price range and on top of that it is open source and more-less upgradeable.

Is this a real trailer?

It is more-less vertical slice for pitch.

Duebrithil

Oct 25, 2017
For hobby purpose FDM is more than enough. They are cheaper, filament is cheaper and they usually offer bigger bed and overall print volume. Resin ones give better print results but they are more expensive and usually offer smaller print volume for the same price. That is why i was looking to get Prusa i3 MK3s, it is kinda best printer in that price range and on top of that it is open source and more-less upgradeable.

Went with a MK2S kit back in the day, no regrets. Super easy to assemble, instructions are very clear and the printer punches above its weight for what it costs. Can't go wrong with a MK3S.

ZaddyMattty

Dec 4, 2017
New York City
I am really getting into Bannerlord but I am still so confused with what I should be doing. I've been running around battling bandits and their camps with no idea how to progress into having my own village/empire.

Picked up Rain World through that Fanatical bundle. Looking forward to playing it. Seems like one of those rare proper hidden/underappreciated gems. Or so the Matthewmatosis video would have me think.
Ooof. I watched a walkthrough of it recently. After that, I read back and forth through the Rain World wiki to understand at least a little bit of what I just saw. And I'm still not too sure.
The game is also insanely hard.
But the whole look and world etc is fascinating. And sleeping slug-cat is super cute! :>

Hella

Oct 27, 2017
I am really getting into Bannerlord but I am still so confused with what I should be doing. I've been running around battling bandits and their camps with no idea how to progress into having my own village/empire.
Once you upgrade your clan tier once you'll be able to work under a faction as a mercenary. At the next clan tier you can pledge allegiance to a faction, and can be granted towns and settlements that your faction conquer.

Player factions aren't fully implemented right now so it's better to wait on playing those. You can do it, but diplomacy doesn't work, as I understand it.

Oh and, to sustain larger armies, set up trade caravans or purchase workshops in a town.

dex3108

Oct 26, 2017
Went with a MK2S kit back in the day, no regrets. Super easy to assemble, instructions are very clear and the printer punches above its weight for what it costs. Can't go wrong with a MK3S.

Currently besides this small pandemic thing outside my main reason for not getting it are taxes. They are like 40% of the printer price in the end and that is too much.

vastag

Oct 26, 2017
I was playing Darksiders II and it won't go past a specific cutscene, the game just crashes out after it even if I try to skip it. Fucking hell, I was enjoying it and so close to the end.

spineduke

Oct 25, 2017

It's a very punishing game. I loved the concept, but not so much the final end product. There will be times the rng will create very taxing and harsh scenarios. Couple that with the insane map that doesn't tell you which way to go, you're seeing yourself up for a huge amount of trial and error.

Zoon

Oct 25, 2017
I was playing Darksiders II and it won't go past a specific cutscene, the game just crashes out after it even if I try to skip it. Fucking hell, I was enjoying it and so close to the end.
I remember I had issues with one Darksider game, can't remember if it was 1 or 2 but I had to use some beta version to get through.

Oct 26, 2017
Belarus
Took a few restarts, but I did it:
A36563D0DF8FA3B87570419EBBD1BD185A1CCA3E

I had a lot less trouble with boss fights than dealing with regular enemies honestly. Also, Uzzy - looks like I got the achievement for Monthly Challenge:
unknown.png

Deleted member 18857

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I love everything about the game except playing it. It's very pretty, the ambiance is on point, the controls feel nice... but what the fuck am I supposed to.
Another chap here was playing La Mulana recently, and it feels a bit similar in the sense that it feels like it requires a group effort of half the Internet together to crack the code.

.exe

Oct 25, 2017
I love everything about the game except playing it. It's very pretty, the ambiance is on point, the controls feel nice... but what the fuck am I supposed to.
Another chap here was playing La Mulana recently, and it feels a bit similar in the sense that it feels like it requires a group effort of half the Internet together to crack the code.

Ayyy, yeah that was me posting about La Mulana recently
I guess I'm in the mood for punishing games.

Speaking of, La Mulana seems to never end. The timer in the game says 18 hours or so, but between all my mapping, annotating, deaths, etc. I feel like I've played it for twice that already. Just a gargantuan game. Haven't even seen like a third of the areas yet, I think. Frustating at times. But there's a decent hint-based guide on Steam that I've been going to when I'm utterly stumped (read: in the Gate of Illusion).

I really like it though. There's some really backwards design in there, lots of lateral thinking required, also just trying random stuff. But it's fun. The areas are so rich in flavor and atmosphere that I find it easy overlook some of its issues and round the experience up, so to speak. Platforming is also really tight. It's that Castlevania stuff where if you get hit, you just go flying backwards, and you really need to be careful with your jumps because in-air movement is super limited. But it feels good to play!

Just a super interesting game through and through. It has a very strong identity and, for better or worse, doesn't compromise that central theming at any point. Definitely not for everyone, but I think it's one of those games that is worth giving a shot and seeing if it sticks because it's so unique. I saw someone on era describe it as a "project" game, and I really agree with that. If you try rushing it, it'll get really frustrating if you can't make forward progress. But if you kind let it stew in your brain and return to it in shorter sessions over a longer period of time, it works really well.

Last edited:

KainXVIII

Oct 26, 2017
Crysis Far Cry with 64-bit patch + widescreen fix + silentpatch (for reflections), EAX not working with 64-bit apps though 😤
FarCry0000.jpg

Thekeats

Nov 1, 2017

It is more-less vertical slice for pitch.

Oh, yeah, definately agree there. I went with an Ender 3 and when it was working it was great. However there was a lot of fidling when I made anychanges to it. Then it started clogging and the layers didn't quite work as they should (usually not quite joined). Unfortunately it coincided with some flood damage in the flat I was in at the time (basement flat) and never quite went back to it, even though it is now 6 months on.

However for my usueage, which is generally for wargaming purpose (terrain and custom parts for miniatures) the resin version would have been far more suited to my needs.

However they are great and really do miss it being up and running. Might even start doing the research I need to get it back up and running next week.

Mentalist

Mar 14, 2019
Wrapped up Halo CEA campaign.

Gonna give that new game, Sunwards a shot this weekend; then probably go back to Resi 1 and do that Jill run for the monthly challenge

dex3108

Oct 26, 2017

This is what developers can expect if pay by hour system becomes standard for streaming services.

Dick Whitman

Oct 30, 2017
I have the same message but gysinc works correctly. A quick search shows that your monitor should work fine too.
Check the specs to see the range of freesync. My monitor has 2 options, extended and basic. Extended has range 40-60, so anything below 40 will stutter.
I seriously doubt you can get anywhere near 40fps at 4K unless you turn down some settings. Another option, depending on the game, is to scale your resolution down to 80%-75%, the difference is barely noticeable on a 4K 27" monitor. If the image appears softer, you can try Nvidia sharpening filter.

I was a complete moron and neglected to notice (and initially remove) the piece of packing foam sandwiched between my GPU and the inside of my PC facing the GPU. Within two minutes of firing up games like Star Citizen for the first few nights, my computer sounded like a jet engine, which I honestly thought was just a reflection on how demanding certain titles can be, especially when run in 4K with something like a 2070. In hindsight, that, along with the fact that the back of my PC was almost too hot to touch, should have been an indicator that something wasn't right. Fortunately, I finally ended up seeing the piece of foam as it was slightly bent and not perfectly parallel with the inside of my PC (It didn't melt, it was just larger than the inside of the case). Removing it has resulted in a much quieter and cooler experience with seemingly slightly better performance. Both that and enabling Freesync seems to have made a big difference in terms of in-game performance.

devSin

Oct 27, 2017
I never had cutscene issues playing it TBH, and I had my windows 10 up to date at the time. Then again I DID use the beta build when I played it last time IIRC.
There was a bug in the Archon cutscene (when you get sent to Earth or come back from it or whatever) where if the XP you get after the conversation caused you to level up, the game would crash.

They fixed it in a beta build. I can't remember if it ever got pushed to live. But there was also a workaround (just go do other stuff until you level up before talking to the Archon). Sadly, Gunfire didn't get paid to maintain it, so it just sort of languished in an unfinished state (they started fixing quite a bit, but then it just got abandoned, with some new bugs and a lot of minor visual glitches).

Nordic switched to an internal team and said they were going to patch it, but Nordic is full of shit. Too busy on 8chan, I guess.

Zoon

Oct 25, 2017
So, finally decided to dive into Dark Souls since they were on discount. I've played the first or so hour of DS 2. Few notes:
1)It seems to be extremely difficult to almost impossible to play with KB/M. Not only aren't there any prompts but a lot of key actions are in weird keys/key combinations.
2)There is either input lag or the attack animation is huge. Gotta get used to that.
3) It's fucking addictive.

Gevin

Nov 2, 2017
So, finally decided to dive into Dark Souls since they were on discount. I've played the first or so hour of DS 2. Few notes:
1)It seems to be extremely difficult to almost impossible to play with KB/M. Not only aren't there any prompts but a lot of key actions are in weird keys/key combinations.
2)There is either input lag or the attack animation is huge. Gotta get used to that.
3) It's fucking addictive.

I played all 3 games with M+KB without any problems, there are a couple of mods to improve the controls

$10 Bagel

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Not sure if anyone knows but I tried playing Mass Effect 2 and it wants me to sign into me EA Online account, which I assume is my Origin account, but it's telling me the password is wrong which it's not because I keep signing into my Origin account in other ways. So then I thought maybe because the game is old I'll try to make a new account but it's telling me my email is already being used.

I just wanna play some Mass Effect..

Megasoum

Oct 25, 2017
Question for people who have played X4

I've been looking at videos in the last few days and the gameplay looks really interesting. I know it's meant to be a sandbox game but is there any story and/or kind of "hand holding/guiding"? I'm never super big on completely open ended games as I have zero imagination so I always prefer when a game holds my hand a bit and take me through at least some kind of story...

Status
Not open for further replies.