Status
Not open for further replies.
Damn, Slime Rancher's world is huge!
And I'm still only keeping a single slime kind on my farm. I'm out there exploring so much, I'd would just be a hassle to return home and keep an eye on them. Or I'd have to spend too much money for all the automatic stuff. There is not even a real reason to keep more of them. Just grinding a bit outside of the ranch can get you easy money. The way back to my home is also just too long at times.
For now I'm unlocking the whole world step by step, changing whatever slime is convenient to keep and gives me good money. After that, there is still enough to unlock further. And not to talk of all the challenges.

Speaking of challenges. I just started my last role of toilet paper and wasn't able to spot one out in the wild for three weeks. I'm slowly getting nervous. 😶

Neo0mj

Oct 26, 2017
Question. Anyone know a classic Doom styled FPS game staring some female ninja/samurai?

OP
OP
Uzzy

Uzzy

Gabe’s little helper
Oct 25, 2017
Hull, UK
No, do what you like. Doesn't matter to me.

I usually finish a game, then replay it with mods, adds replayability 🤷‍♂️

Indeed, after 50 hours I'm more than happy to go crazy with the mods. I've done plenty of 'lore appropriate' costume changes, like Claire in a RPD outfit, or Leon in a suit, but now I'm wanting something even crazier. You can get Ciri, Triss, Geralt, Yennefer and Eredin in RE2, for example.

Mifec

Oct 25, 2017
Only buy RE3 if you want to get all the fun achievements for hard stuff like speedruns, as a one and done game it's way too short.

Btw Uzzy 1h20mins Hardcore without saves. This one has two additional difficulties. Gonna do those tomorrow.

OP
OP
Uzzy

Uzzy

Gabe’s little helper
Oct 25, 2017
Hull, UK
Only buy RE3 if you want to get all the fun achievements for hard stuff like speedruns, as a one and done game it's way too short.

Btw Uzzy 1h20mins Hardcore without saves. This one has two additional difficulties. Gonna do those tomorrow.

Is that how quick you did it or how quick you need to be for a S+ rank?

cake

Oct 25, 2017
Has the "Activate a Product" option in the web browser been removed or is something just glitching for me (top right dropdown where you click your user name, the dropdown with View profile, account details, etc, it should be there)? The option is still in the steam application but I've always used the browser for it.

eonden

Oct 25, 2017
Has the "Activate a Product" option in the web browser been removed or is something just glitching for me (top right dropdown where you click your user name, the dropdown with View profile, account details, etc, it should be there)? The option is still in the steam application but I've always used the browser for it.
Use this link:
store.steampowered.com

Sign In

Its a bit hidden away and I never find it tbh.

Deleted member 28523

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 31, 2017

eonden

Oct 25, 2017
Question. Anyone know a classic Doom styled FPS game staring some female ninja/samurai?
header.jpg

Maybe?

9 gifts from cyba89

GiftBot

Official Giveaway Bot
Verified
Mar 7, 2018

Giveaway

Restrictions:
Hello, I am bot! I come bearing 9 gifts from cyba89 cyba89!

This is a day raffle that will expire in 24 hours. The winner will be drawn at random! Any prizes leftover after the deadline will become available on a first-come first-serve basis.

These are our awesome prizes:

Ionic

Oct 31, 2017

Was it perhaps not a full game but a Doom WAD?
youtu.be

La Tailor Girl - Doom Mod Madness

Put some damn clothes on! Welcome to La Tailor Girl where it's not just the guns that grant power, but the outfits too.Find me elsewhere on the net:Twitch ...

Here's one where you're not a samurai girl but a car girl.
youtu.be

Highway Acceleroid Booster - Doom Mod Madness

Part Car, Part Super Fighting Robot, All Action.Thumbnail art by Fran: @TFrancoooFind me elsewhere on the net:Twitch ► https://www.twitch.tv/mr_icarus...

I think at this point I've exhausted the Doom related things where you play as a girl that I know of.

Talus

Banned
Dec 9, 2017
Started up MGSV again while I wait for Ori to be patched
jkHZgA.jpg

Goodbye legendary bear o7 you put up a good fight
Ori 2 has a beta patch available. You need to enter a code to get access to the beta patch, but it adds exclusive fullscreen, resolution scaling up to 200%, and improves loading and teleporting transitions... among lots of bug fixes.

The game is 100% smooth as hell now.

If you haven't tried it, go ahead and check out the Steam forums for the game and try it out. Oh shit, but I guess you could be on the Windows Store version, in which case yea, I guess you'll have to wait.

spiel

Oct 28, 2017
Just started playing My Time at Portia that I won in one of the giveaways here. Enjoying so far :)

Any beginners tips?
My Time at Portia was lovely. I was completely addicted to it for a time, sunk about 90 hours into it.

As you approach mid-game, you need to start building a stockpile of materials if you want to clear commissions quickly. Eventually you unlock more efficient machines and Civil Corps commissions that lets you purchase loot that really help you ramp up production. The most important material is Carbon Steel Bar. Everything needs Carbon Steel Bars. Everything.

Cloudst69

Banned for abusing Giftbot
Banned
Sep 18, 2019
My Time at Portia was lovely. I was completely addicted to it for a time, sunk about 90 hours into it.

As you approach mid-game, you need to start building a stockpile of materials if you want to clear commissions quickly. Eventually you unlock more efficient machines and Civil Corps commissions that lets you purchase loot that really help you ramp up production. The most important material is Carbon Steel Bar. Everything needs Carbon Steel Bars. Everything.

Thanks for the heads up. I'm still at the beginning, lots to explore and uncover.

Vlad

Oct 25, 2017
Have two step authentication so you don't have to confirm by email, use Economy Enhancer to list everything by pressing a single button.
github.com

GitHub - Nuklon/Steam-Economy-Enhancer: Enhances the Steam Inventory and Steam Market.

Enhances the Steam Inventory and Steam Market. Contribute to Nuklon/Steam-Economy-Enhancer development by creating an account on GitHub.

Thanks for the help, guys. It's a thing of beauty watching it list all 450+ listings automatically, and NOT seeing those stupid confirmation requests show up in my inbox.

spiel

Oct 28, 2017
Thanks for the heads up. I'm still at the beginning, lots to explore and uncover.
Have fun with the game! It's pretty chill, I didn't bother optimizing until mid-game where the material requirements went crazy. Some tips I wish I had known earlier:
  1. For early gold farming: fishing is great. I personally like the spot in the Collapsed Wastelands because it gives you Wise Fish, which fetch a good price. Sell when the market price is high (at least 125%).
  2. The day stops at 3 AM but there's no penalty for not sleeping by then.
  3. Get a horse, it speeds up travel so much.
  4. You don't have to rush story missions, take a breather to stockpile materials.
  5. If you have an excess of stone but need a lot of wood, you can trade it 1:1 for wood at the construction company.

Cloudst69

Banned for abusing Giftbot
Banned
Sep 18, 2019
Have fun with the game! It's pretty chill, I didn't bother optimizing until mid-game where the material requirements went crazy. Some tips I wish I had known earlier:
  1. For early gold farming: fishing is great. I personally like the spot in the Collapsed Wastelands because it gives you Wise Fish, which fetch a good price. Sell when the market price is high (at least 125%).
  2. The day stops at 3 AM but there's no penalty for not sleeping by then.
  3. Get a horse, it speeds up travel so much.
  4. You don't have to rush story missions, take a breather to stockpile materials.
  5. If you have an excess of stone but need a lot of wood, you can trade it 1:1 for wood at the construction company.

Wow, thanks for the tips! I've been farming the Goliath fish in the fishing spot near the waterfall. It's covering my expenses so far.
Where/How do I get a horse?
I'm trying not to rush the story missions, I'm still at the 2nd week of the 1st month. Just finished the bridge and am currently in the Fish Event days.
That's pretty useful, I already have an excess of stones (due to digging in the Abandoned Ruins) and my wood keeps running out.

spiel

Oct 28, 2017
Free weekend for Risk of Rain 2! Perfect timing, I was looking for a shooter.

Where/How do I get a horse?

There's a guy called McDonald living in one of the farms opposite your house. He has a quest that once completed lets you buy/rent a horse from him. You'll need to construct a stable if you want to buy a horse.

Mentalist

Mar 14, 2019
9.5 hours in-game, 6:45for my first run.

I had a brain fart and picked "standard" difficulty. For that reason, I only had 25 deaths. Each boss attempt took me 3-4 tries while I figured out what I was doing.

Considering it's my first experience with the Nemesis, and everything was new, I think it went okay? I'll do a hardcore run with the infinite ammo pistol, I think.

Steam achievements appear gloriously bugged, because escaping Jill's apartment is apparently the rarest one.

dex3108

Oct 26, 2017
Bring back those hands. 🤤
What's the faboules hair animation in DMC5 are Garrett's hands in the reboot.

I am one of those who liked Thief Reboot despite it's shortcomings. I enjoyed that atmosphere and story was ok too, gameplay wasn't that deep but it was serviceable, loading screens were unfortunate but not surprising because UE3 and custom difficulty is still one of the best things that game offered and so far very little games copied it in that form. I can't imagine how game would look and feel done with modern technology including RayTracing and capability for much more open ended levels.

I am one of those who liked Thief Reboot despite it's shortcomings. I enjoyed that atmosphere and story was ok too, gameplay wasn't that deep but it was serviceable, loading screens were unfortunate but not surprising because UE3 and custom difficulty is still one of the best things that game offered and so far very little games copied it in that form. I can't imagine how game would look and feel done with modern technology including RayTracing and capability for much more open ended levels.
Not going to disagree there. Storywise I had a lot of trouble with Erin. Didn't really like her and the premise around her. But I had a lot of fun with all the nods to the old games and reused names etc.
And Garrett still worked perfectly as a character.
That reminds me... A few days back Thief 2 had its 20th anniversary, and GOG wrote a nice little article about it. The first paragraph is perfect! :D

Ein Rückblick auf das berühmte Stealth-Spiel Thief II, das seinen 20. Geburtstag feiert

Ein Rückblick auf das berühmte Stealth-Spiel Thief II, das seinen 20. Geburtstag feiert

Equirah

Oct 25, 2017
Free weekend for Risk of Rain 2! Perfect timing, I was looking for a shooter.

There's a guy called McDonald living in one of the farms opposite your house. He has a quest that once completed lets you buy/rent a horse from him. You'll need to construct a stable if you want to buy a horse.

If you're looking for a shooter RoR2 is not it

dex3108

Oct 26, 2017
Not going to disagree there. Storywise I had a lot of trouble with Erin. Didn't really like her and the premise around her. But I had a lot of fun with all the nods to the old games and reused names etc.
And Garrett still worked perfectly as a character.
That reminds me... A few days back Thief 2 had its 20th anniversary, and GOG wrote a nice little article about it. The first paragraph is perfect! :D

Honestly with today's lack of immersive sims I would take Thief Reboot over nothing. Hell I will play it again as soon as I finish Plague Tale. I need to feel that Asylum level again, one of the creepiest levels in non-horor game, I would put it above Bioshock Infinity one too.

.exe

Oct 25, 2017
This week's episode of The Crate and Crowbar podcast was really good. The segment on MW2 and the series in general especially.

Honestly with today's lack of immersive sims I would take Thief Reboot over nothing. Hell I will play it again as soon as I finish Plague Tale. I need to feel that Asylum level again, one of the creepiest levels in non-horor game, I would put it above Bioshock Infinity one too.
The whole series always had its fair share in creepiness. Despite the ass old graphics, those zombies made me shit my pants in the very first one already. The sounds they make are awful, too.

Oct 25, 2017
I like Risk of Rain 2 but I just spent 20 minutes running around one stage trying to find the portal. And I think that happens too often. By the time I found the portal the boss basically was in 1 shot mode and there were 3 of them.

Jun 2, 2019
Okay finally played Control on PC, with DLSS 2.0 and graphics at full power. That was... pretty great.

Loving the subtle use of Raytracing in the game, way more natural than any other implementation i've seen, also DLSS 2.0 is still imperfect but way too awesome to not using it.

ZuPHZjv.png

RvGrDr7.png

vL4mnRz.png

I didn't play Sunset Overdrive (Should i? How is it?) but this game is making me love Remedy as Alan Wake did.

Btw, how is the expansion? Is it worth it for someone who has just started the game or should i wait until i'm done with the main story?

Status
Not open for further replies.