• No

Votes: 466 35.8%
  • I was always a fan

Votes: 299 23.0%

• Total voters

Kraken3dfx

Oct 25, 2017
Denver, CO
There is nothing to do in this game other than do mindless things like flying from planet to planet. I got bored of it 2 hours in at launch and uninstall it. I assume the game will be the same except flying planet to planet with no purpose other than exploring randomly generated planets with 3 friends. It's a hard pass for me.
Actually there's like 30+ hours of story based missions as well as of the last few big updates.

Yurinka

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
I had fun at launch, loved the game until I got bored due to repetition after 10 or 20 hours. I didn't play since then, so some day I'll go back to check out all the additions and tweaks they included.

Riversands

Banned
Nov 21, 2017
No. I dont. I dont agree with how public perception works on them like flipping their coin back and forth so fast. One day they hate them, and the next day they love them. It's kinda uncomfortable how people change so fast

EdgeXL

Oct 27, 2017
California
Never got around to playing it yet. Looks like it has enough content now but I am goimg to wait until the Xbox version is $20 to $30.
N

Crumpo

Oct 28, 2017
Bournemouth, UK
No. I dont. I dont agree with how public perception works on them like flipping their coin back and forth so fast. One day they hate them, and the next day they love them. It's kinda uncomfortable how people change so fast

So fast...dafuq? It's been years, mate. I've forgiven people IRL for way more in way less a time. It's really not that big a deal.

OT-i bought at lunch and stopped not too far in and have only played it a little when the updates hit. I'm excited to start a fresh game and see how it plays.

OP
OP
asmith906

asmith906

Oct 27, 2017
Yes! This! This is exactly what i feel about this game. It feels like eating my words back, and it somehow doesnt feel appropriate
I don't really feel like it's fair to continually punish a game if it has been significantly improved. It's like it doesn't matter how good it is now. People feel they must hate it out of principal.

Gelf

Oct 27, 2017
I don't know if I will but I've always been open to giving it a shot if I hear enough good things about it and it's on sale.

Bosh

Oct 26, 2017
Will play it a bit. Enjoyed it from the base game, it was relaxing to explore space.

Nice to see additions still coming

MrConbon210

Oct 31, 2017
Why do people feel like they can't go back to the game because of the bad launch?

FInal Fantasy XIV was even worse at launch and they rebooted it and people praise the game now.

What is the difference between FFXIV and this? You don't see people in FFXIV threads still going on about how the initial launch was bad and it's shameful to go back to the game despite the improvements.

Kyuuji

The Favonius Fox
Nov 8, 2017
asmith906 Perhaps put links to the four major updates in the OP so people that are interested to know what's changed can have a look?

Foundation:
https://www.nomanssky.com/foundation-update/

Pathfinder:
https://www.nomanssky.com/pathfinder-update/

Atlas Rises:
https://www.nomanssky.com/atlas-rises-update/

NEXT:
https://www.nomanssky.com/2018/07/no-mans-sky-next-trailer/

How much time and effort has been put into the game since launch?
A lot. Give the links above a quick glance.

Oct 27, 2017
Yeah. I only stopped playing because of other games. Original product was flawed but I loved the atmosphere. With these updates I'm going to dive back I

MrConbon210

Oct 31, 2017
How much time and effort has been put into the game since launch?

3 previous updates with Next being the fourth.

They've added base building, a 20+ hour main story, vehicles, updated graphics and flying, freighters and multiplayer off the top of my head. There's a lot more minor details as well but those are the big additions.

SP.

Oct 27, 2017
Looking to finally buy it for the first time. I was super excited for it back at the initial reveal but reception was bad enough to make me hold off.

mario_O

Nov 15, 2017
I uninstalled the game a long time ago. After a few planets it all felt the same. Uninteresting exploration and story, and a grind fest. But I will try this new update. For me the biggest problem is not the multiplayer though, what got me excited in the first place was exploration. But their algorithm to generate new planets, wild life, vegetation, etc just isn't good enough.
I will try it one more time, but If everythings looks too same-y with ridicuolus lego-like animals I will probably give up again very soon.

Kyuuji

The Favonius Fox
Nov 8, 2017
There is nothing to do in this game other than do mindless things like flying from planet to planet. I got bored of it 2 hours in at launch and uninstall it. I assume the game will be the same except flying planet to planet with no purpose other than exploring randomly generated planets with 3 friends. It's a hard pass for me.
I mean that's cool but you act like this is the first major update since launch when it's the fourth and the scope of the game, what you can do and areas you progress in are completely different from release until now. If you're going to hard pass, seemingly with pride, then at least make sure it's not from a place of ignorance.

Forerunner

Resetufologist
Banned
Oct 30, 2017
I only put 15 hours into it at launch. I enjoyed it, but there just wasn't enough there. So I'm definitely going to be trying out the update.

Stiflers Mom

Banned
Dec 18, 2017
Difficult case.
I love everything about the game but its gameplay.
After launching up into the sky first time I never felt there was anything demanding happening. I was flying around a bit here and there and that's it. The storyline feels lame as well.
After two hours it feels like you cannot die in this game if you are not really trying.
I think I am just not into hoarding or pressing L3 all day to 'explore all plants and species'.

I'd love to have a more 'concentrated' game with this amazing beautiful engine. Like only one solar system with a couple of generated planets whose names dont sound like 'fuusslpotukka' or 'flaazabönkaza' where everybody is playing, with lots of npc pirates and stuff to do.

I try to love NMS , but it's simply not my kind of game at all :/

ffvorax

Oct 27, 2017
Yes.
I liked it enough when I bought it on sale, but after a bit it felt always the same and stopped playing.
I like the new addition so I will download it again!

Fredrik

Oct 27, 2017
I never left. I'm more worried that they'll break something this time. I'm closing in on 350 hours in total so it's not like I've been sitting on the fence waiting for the improvements to come before playing. :P

TissueBox

Oct 25, 2017
Urinated States of America
YES..!! Finally feel like the seams that's been needing some sewing up have just been adequately addressed enough for me to enjoy a relaxing yet engaging adventure game in there and I plan to dive in as soon as my wallet could spare it. ^^'

Deleted member 2254

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I followed the launch mess closely and avoided the game. Could have played it on PC (I'm on PS4), but decided not to after all the bullshit. The game seems to much closer to what it should have been, and while not at the re-releases's full price, I plan to get it for some Xbox One X goodness once it gets around 20-30 Euros. I am allergic to bullshit, but I also believe the dev team paid for the big mouth of their lead (not unlike what happened with Molyneux promising the world while the devs were desperate because they weren't going that far with the game), and the years worth of free updates probably did turn the game around its head, and I'm willing to give it a chance. I've been there for many rocky launches for games that eventually turned around, so I don't necessarily hold grudges.

panda-zebra

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 28, 2017
Played loads at launch, it was fun but never quite lived up to the promise or expectations. Despite having technical issues (game kept crashing on my ps4) I still kept going back for more. I think Shahid blocked me on twitter and a dev freelancing on it unfollowed when I posted my error log, but that was during the time people were crazy about wanting refunds and I think I got swept up with the tide. The updates have all looked to add what should have been there before launch and more, but I think VR support would be the only thing that would get me to seriously go back to this one, I'd start over just for that. I realise it's not happening though.

Once a scam, always a scam.

Not a chance.

Sure, they spent years working on free updates to scam everyone over and over. Pffft.

Why do people feel like they can't go back to the game because of the bad launch?

Personally I feel like I invested a lot of time and learned what the game was and what it had to offer at launch. Unfortunately that's obviously when it was in its poorest state and lacked features we were expecting given interviews etc. No matter how great the game ends up, you can't have that time over. If I could somehow erase my memories of ever having touched the game, fine, I'd be all set for the perfect interaction with the game right now after several large updates. But I'd need something more to justify it when I've already got a leaning tower of backlog of sealed games I've never given their chance. Like I said, for me, adding VR support would be that irresistible lure.

MadMike

Oct 27, 2017
Definitely going to give it another go. I already own it anyway. The new update looks really nice, and I'm especially excited for the option to play in third-person.

Isee

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Nah, is the same, repetitive core experience as before. I was bored after 5-6 hours with the original and the enhanced game is mostly the same, with some new features that should have been there from the beginning. Which is good, but not a deal breaker.

Zips

Oct 25, 2017
I mean, I gave it a second chance with the last major update and I was very pleasantly surprised. I'm already looking forward to the "NEXT" update because so far that game has already turned into a pretty chill game to play.

So as for the poll question, I guess I'm already a fan? ... Even though I stopped playing it shortly after launch and didn't touch it again until the last update?

Volkama

Oct 30, 2017
If there will be another PSN discount like in April then sure. I actually liked what I played when the game came out. It's just that the game worked horribly on my PC.

Nov 28, 2017
I haven't read up on the new update, and I am definitely not interested in co-op, but I went and re-downloaded the game.
I have bought it day one, and definitely enjoyed playing it, I certainly got my money's worth out of the purchase. I quit when I realized that there is no ending once I reached the center, so I missed out on all previous updates as well.
But I will start over now, these changes motivated me to give it one more turn.

xrnzaaas

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
For me it will be more like the first chance. I bought the game in a sale a few months ago and played only a few hours. I'm waiting for the Next update to give it a proper go. :)

Cellsplitter

Banned
Nov 17, 2017
To me it's looking like No Man's Sky is trying to pull a FF14 A Real Reborn and that deserves some cudoos.
I'll check it out.

Oct 27, 2017
I've always been a fan. Even on release there was something about it that made it quite wonderful and it's just got better and better.