Votes: 535 41.2%
  • No

Votes: 466 35.8%
  • I was always a fan

Votes: 299 23.0%

• Total voters

MissCauthon

Oct 25, 2017
There is nothing to do in this game other than do mindless things like flying from planet to planet. I got bored of it 2 hours in at launch and uninstall it. I assume the game will be the same except flying planet to planet with no purpose other than exploring randomly generated planets with 3 friends. It's a hard pass for me.

Altera

Banned
Nov 1, 2017
I never cared about it before, even before all the drama. I'm planning to give it a first chance now because the update looks like a lot of fun.

Xenon

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Anyone who purchases this without reading reviews should be banned from complaining about it. Personally I am not going to even think about this game until a week or so after release.

Niosai

One Winged Slayer
Oct 28, 2017
I don't get the "I moved on" crowd. The only way that makes sense is if you no longer own the title. When you say "I moved on" I see "I'm not going to give it a chance because if I do it will actively hurt me in some fashion."

Why not give it another try? Or at least tell us why you aren't going to, because "I moved on" makes no sense.

In any case, I tried it when it was going down in price. Enjoyed it for a couple of hours but decided to shelve it since they had been doing that ARG stuff and I wanted to see the payoff. I think this is finally where I'll give it another go.

Animagne

Oct 27, 2017
I knew exactly what the game was, so I really enjoyed it on launch and got the platinum. I haven't played much since then, only trying the more difficult mode from the updates. I have about 3.5 updates worth of stuff to go through now, so it's very likely, that I'd play it for at least a couple of weeks.

Mar 17, 2018
I was always waiting for them to improve it. Never been against it. He did grasp megalomania a bit, but hey sometimes we all do. If they can finally improve the game I will be okay with it.

R dott B

Oct 27, 2017
Loved it at launch on PC but I haven't played it since launch week. I grabbed the Xbox version for 25 so I'm ready to dive back in with the new changes.

SirKai

Dec 28, 2017
Washington
No. I appreciate all of the free updates and improvements. It makes the game LOOK really amazing, but No Man's Sky was never something that appealed to me even if it's marketing was everything it was cracked up to be.

motherless

Banned
Nov 6, 2017
More like a 4th chance. I paid for it so I might as well re-download my psn purchase. Maybe it will be worth it this time.

Jacobson

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
i already bought it, might as well give it a chance. nowhere to go but up. will redownload once Next releases

leng jai

Nov 2, 2017
I returned my copy after one day so it's pretty much like I've even played it. Definitely up to give it a try if the reception to this re-release is good.

BlackSalad

Oct 27, 2017
I would, I like what I hear, but too many games at the moment

backlog + 8 month old are rarely compatible.

Last edited:

Bog

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
$10 on clearance at Walmart last December. Gives me a reason to open it.

BizzyBum

Oct 26, 2017
New York
I was honestly always a fan. I put in like 130 hours on PC when it first came out.

Haven't played any of the updates and looking forward to hopping back in on the Xbox One X with a fresh start.

eyeball_kid

Oct 25, 2017
Skipped it at launch. Was upset like a lot of people, but still kept an eye on it over the years... I'm quite impressed with the team's dedication to continually adding things to it, even if it doesn't have the narrative element that I was hoping it would. I think there's more than enough there to provide some fun exploration, crafting, and building. Particularly looking forward to playing it on the 1X.

They added a 20-ish hour story in the last update, one which I'd say is a pretty good sci-fi tale, even if the gameplay around it is mostly fetch and go here quests. Not sure what narrative element you're looking for though.

SneerfulOwl

Nov 4, 2017
I have too many backlogs of games to finish than spend another minute with that game. So no for a very long time.

Deleted member 43077

User requested account closure
Banned
May 9, 2018
I enjoyed it at launch, never expected it to be this crazy big thing but it was an enjoyable game to put on at the end of the day and listen to a podcast or some music.

Will gladly give it another go via Xbox One X or PC depending if I can get a rental copy

not_smiff

Oct 31, 2017
I've never played it because the original version wasn't what it claimed to be. So technically it's a first second chance.

billysea

Banned
Nov 18, 2017
I can tell how much this game meant to the developer for them to still fixing and making content for the game after the mega failure at launch.

So sure I will give it a chance.

OP
OP
asmith906

asmith906

Oct 27, 2017
There is nothing to do in this game other than do mindless things like flying from planet to planet. I got bored of it 2 hours in at launch and uninstall it. I assume the game will be the same except flying planet to planet with no purpose other than exploring randomly generated planets with 3 friends. It's a hard pass for me.
From what I heard there's a full story mode now. I really feel like this game should have been an early access title.

bane833

Banned
Nov 3, 2017
No. I bought it in a sale last year and it bored me to tears. Not going to touch this again.

Arcus Felis

Unshakable Resolve
Oct 26, 2017
No. I didn't forget, nor forgive, their blatant false advertizing prior to launch. I won't condone and won't support a company with such behavior.

They had their chance. They blew it.

eyeball_kid

Oct 25, 2017
What do you do in this game? Just traverse to different planets and collect stuff? Is there any combat focus or narrative?

Exploration of planets is one focus for sure. Finding species of creatures can earn you money. There's fairly complex base building, ground vehicles to race around in, there's some survival elements, there's a trading system, there's a fairly deep crafting and farming system, and a simplistic job board. There is ground and space combat but it's currently not a strength of the game. They added a 20ish hour narrative as of the last update. We don't know everything that NEXT will bring, but you'll be able to go on missions with three of your friends, you can purchase a fleet of capital ships and do something? with them, and beyond that who knows until we get the final trailer and patch notes.

Astronut325

Oct 27, 2017
Los Angeles, CA
Exploration of planets is one focus for sure. Finding species of creatures can earn you money. There's fairly complex base building, ground vehicles to race around in, there's some survival elements, there's a trading system, there's a fairly deep crafting and farming system, and a simplistic job board. There is ground and space combat but it's currently not a strength of the game. They added a 20ish hour narrative as of the last update. We don't know everything that NEXT will bring, but you'll be able to go on missions with three of your friends, you can purchase a fleet of capital ships and do something? with them, and beyond that who knows until we get the final trailer and patch notes.
This sounds like a "relaxation" game. Is that a good way to describe it? I'm looking for slower paced/relaxation friendly games.

Papercuts

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
Nope. Gave it more time than it deserved as is, too busy with other stuff that's out/coming out.

Deleted member 8408

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Yep. I'm kind of in between the "yes" and "always a fan" options. I was a fan at launch and could see the potential if they kept at it but got bored of the game and haven't returned since even with all the patches they've released. I will be returning when the next update releases though. Looking forward to it.

Good work from from the development team, hope they keep it up.

Nazo

Oct 25, 2017
I was an idiot and and bought the game at launch on impulse. Didn't care for it much then, but might as well give it a second go with this new update and at least get my monies worth.

eyeball_kid

Oct 25, 2017
This sounds like a "relaxation" game. Is that a good way to describe it? I'm looking for slower paced/relaxation friendly games.

It absolutely can be a chill relaxation game. Many people play it that way. One of the best games for kicking back after a stressful day. It's kind of what you make of it, but you can definitely just wander around worlds checking things out, building a cool base, and whatever strikes your fancy. There's a separate Creative Mode which even removes much of the money gates for items/resources and is more of a pure sandbox. Great for just screwing around.

Nov 3, 2017
I never gave it a first chance because I didn't buy into the hype.

The updates look really cool though, so I'm strongly considering getting into it now

J_ToSaveTheDay

"This guy are sick" and Corrupted by Vengeance
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
USA
Planning to? Absolutely not.

Open to? Yeah, sure -- I'll be scoping out impressions from this patch and I'll gladly hop back in if things are sounding positive, but I'm not jumping in without some level of research on opinions about it this time. The game already had its chance to win me over on those grounds and it failed.

Xx 720

Nov 3, 2017
For anyone who has played it - is the game mostly mining and crafting? I couldn't really get into Minecraft it bored me? Do you actually do missions in the game?