Votes: 535 41.2%
  • No

Votes: 466 35.8%
  • I was always a fan

Votes: 299 23.0%

• Total voters

asmith906

Oct 27, 2017
With the new update for No Man's Sky coming are you planning on giving it a second chance? With the addition of co-op I've gone ahead and ordered a copy. I know it had its issues at launch but it seems the devs have really worked hard to address them.

Here are the major updates so far

Foundation:
https://www.nomanssky.com/foundation-update/

Pathfinder:
https://www.nomanssky.com/pathfinder-update/

Atlas Rises:
https://www.nomanssky.com/atlas-rises-update/

NEXT:
https://www.nomanssky.com/2018/07/no-mans-sky-next-trailer/

Last edited:

Lost

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I was interested at first.

The reviews & other reception upon original was an instant turn off.

The trailers and content look promising again! And the developers perserverence to fix the game is a very respectful.

I'll wait for in-depth reviews of this update.

Oct 25, 2017
I bought it digital at launch. It was a good lazy Sunday morning game then, remains a good Sunday morning game now, and I am fairly certain it will remain as such with the Next update and whatever the future holds.

kennyamr

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
New York, NY, USA
I played it for a couple of hours when it first launched. I separated time to play it and yea. I ended up uninstalling it soon after.

Right now, I could give it a second chance... if I had more time.
I have plenty of games in my queue right now, but perhaps at some point in the future there will be some free space in between other entries, we will see.

Hasemo

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Tokyo
I really want to, but I'm waiting for a sale on PSN, I'm not grabbing it again digital for $60. Last time I got a refund because it was crashing all over the place after launch.

Tagyhag

Oct 27, 2017
I saw the problems at launch coming from a mile away, so this will be my first time with NMS.

But I'm definitely more confident with the product now than I was back then.

OP
OP
asmith906

asmith906

Oct 27, 2017
I really want to, but I'm waiting for a sale on PSN, I'm not grabbing it again digital for $60. Last time I got a refund because it was crashing all over the place after launch.
I grabbed a new copy from Ebay for $20. I'm surprised that it doesn't seem to ever go on sale on Playstation or Steam

Xavi

Oct 27, 2017
Lightning for Smash
Never played it before but there's so many games coming out soon that I don't think I'll ever give it a chance. The update looks dope as hell, though.

VanWinkle

Oct 25, 2017
I bought it for like $10 months and months ago. I will play it for the first time when the update releases.

JustinH

Oct 27, 2017
I'll keep an eye out for impressions/reviews of the next version of No Man's Sky. I'm not really that interested in it, though.

Hasemo

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Tokyo
I grabbed a new copy from Ebay for $20. I'm surprised that it doesn't seem to ever go on sale on Playstation or Steam
It was on Sale during the Steam summer sale, but I want to play it on the PS4, so I'm still waiting.
I'll probably check my local game store today or tomorrow to see if they have any cheap copies, used ones on Amazon Japan are still a bit expensive.

Oct 26, 2017
I think it would be a fun game for my 8 year old and I to play around with so yeah. We'll try it for sure and probably have a blast.

funky

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
If it's ever free on psplus or similar service. Sure. Probably.

Im Not gonna rebuy it.

TailorDKS

Apr 18, 2018
Played it back then and never sold it (probably because it would be 10€ at best and I didnt care).

So still have it, installed it today on my ps4 and have 2-3 friends who will try it again - just because of building and coop it sounds interesting.

Cybersai

Banned
Jan 8, 2018
No. Fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice, shame on me, but fool me a third time?

Nah

Loveless

Oct 27, 2017
Not yet, they said they're still going to update the game so I'll wait until they actually finish the game.

Derrick01

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
If they put it on sale next week for the price it's been on the past few steam sales then I'll probably get it. Even if it only lasts for like 10-15 hours before it gets old, given the type of game it is, that will probably be a success for me. I'm hoping in the patch notes for this upcoming one that they're adding a lot of stuff that wasn't in the reveal the other day. Missions, tweaks...pretty much anything that will add even more content or diversity towards what you do on the planets.

Marjorine

Oct 27, 2017
I really hated this game at launch. I wasn't even mad about the exaggerations. I just thought it was boring. I'm too old and my gaming time too limited to consider picking it up again.

hydruxo

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
I'm gonna try out the new update, yeah. I bought NMS day one on PS4 but I never felt burned by it or anything. It just got boring quickly, but I got plenty of enjoyment out of it for a few weeks. I'm looking forward to seeing what all they've added because I haven't really touched the game in over a year.

Mysterio79

Oct 25, 2017
I feel like no matter much they add to it, the core foundation they are building on is just not all that fun.

Benji

Self Requested Ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Never played it but next time it gets a good discount on the Xbox I'm gonna pick it up for my X.

The game seems to have gotten a ton of fixes and seems like a good time to finally give it a shot

CerealKi11a

Chicken Chaser
May 3, 2018
I never got it in the first place, so I'm interested in what it has to offer, but I'll be waiting for reviews/similar.

Nameless

Oct 25, 2017
NMS has gone from a flawed gem to a legitimately awesome game over these last two years. It's already one of my favs of the generation so obviously I'm all in on this massive expansion.

Deleted member 9486

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I'll give it another go. I had a decent enough time for 50 or so hours around launch and I'm in a huge gaming rut of not liking most things I play in recent months so might as well give it a go again.

Funtownarcade

Banned
Apr 4, 2018
If you are buying it now, it is the first chance. I bought it at full price at launch, the only "issue" it had was they were so vague about its features people thought it was going to be an MMO. I'm planning to jump back in to check out the free update but am not expecting anything other than what is explicitly announced.

LightKiosk

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
I never played it, but if the footage I see of NEXT looks fun, I'll definitely jump in.

night814

One Winged Slayer
Oct 29, 2017
Pennsylvania
I bought it a little over a year ago when I got a PS4 for dirt cheap and only played a little bit before moving on. I have a friend that got it at launch and hardly touched it so we might try to play it together. I'm still weary of the game as I'm not really into survival style games, but we will see if the updates have helped.

MrBS

"This guy are sick"
Oct 27, 2017
Going with no, I put my time in at launch and moved on.

Saganator

Oct 26, 2017
I didn't hate it before, just a bit disappointed. I gave it a 2nd chance last big update and was pretty happy with it. Everything now is just icing on the cake. I never really cared about the lack of multiplayer.

Oct 25, 2017
Nah, way too many games I'm looking forward to are about to come out as it is. I have neither the time, nor sufficient interest.

Oct 27, 2017
Went back to it recently and the core loop is the same as before so got bored.

Mind you, i did put 40 hours into it when it first came out.

DJ_Lae

Oct 27, 2017
Edmonton
It's been great for the last couple of updates - I picked it up right after the story content came out, and enjoyed it enough to spend about a hundred hours with the game.

It's not perfect, but I found it to be a nice laid back experience (as long as you don't play on one of the ridiculous difficulties, anyway).

badboy78660

Oct 27, 2017
Like a few other posters itt, I too am waiting for a sale (sub-20-bucks). When that happens, I'll give it a go.

ghibli99

Oct 27, 2017
Skipped it at launch. Was upset like a lot of people, but still kept an eye on it over the years... I'm quite impressed with the team's dedication to continually adding things to it, even if it doesn't have the narrative element that I was hoping it would. I think there's more than enough there to provide some fun exploration, crafting, and building. Particularly looking forward to playing it on the 1X.

Unicorn

One Winged Slayer
Oct 29, 2017
In the poll I said I was always a fan, but that's a loaded statement.

Been here since launch, but feeling burned even after every update. Get about 60 hours per update but lots of bad tastes in my mouth about the details.

With MP will be worth the price with friends.