• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sheepinator

Jul 25, 2018
SoM is relatively short and easy to just blast through. It's nothing special, but fun enough for the amount of content it has.

Everything I saw of SoW suggests that it was far more bloated and required more grinding (though they may have changed things when they got rid of the micro-transactions).
I spent a lot longer in SoW than Mordor, but also felt that Mordor was more of a grind because the game world is so small and repetitive looking in comparison to SoW. The sequel is much bigger, has more features, more tools to use, and is just an all around much improved game. As Mentalist said, there's really no reason to play the first game now, especially with how cheap you can generally find the sequel. Do get the Gold Edition though, for the two expansions which are good though short.

TaySan

SayTan
Dec 10, 2018
Tulsa, Oklahoma
Yeah they didn't do a big announcement for it because they had just started it. Hopefully it doesn't take that long, and they continue with their plan to use steamworks for the multiplayer.

Damn Saints Row 2 was good.
I hope they fix the GOG version too. I don't mind triple dipping though if I can get a fixed SR2 :(

Mentalist

Mar 14, 2019
SoM is relatively short and easy to just blast through. It's nothing special, but fun enough for the amount of content it has.

Everything I saw of SoW suggests that it was far more bloated and required more grinding (though they may have changed things when they got rid of the micro-transactions).

Steam says I played Mordor for 59 hours.
I played War for 121 hours.

Mind, I DO play very slow, get side-tracked, and played both to 100% completion (base games, not DLC). Like, I spent 15 hours in the first map of Shadow of War before I could even use the Nemesis system, because I had so much fun thinning out the orcs' ranks--until the game spawned 2 Trackers that were like 10 levels above me, and then I had to run away and move the story along.

I was very impressed with everything in Shadow of Wart (except the story; it was passable), and despite the abundance of loot, the game didn't feel bloated. There's a bunch of collectibles, but they're all relatively close to key locations (outposts), so they're easy to grab, and collecting a full set per area grants you an extra skill point, which are super-useful, especially early on.

The balance between main + side stuff in Shadow of War is not quite as good as Arkham City (which is my gold standard), but it's pretty close; and the Nemesis system turns the gameplay into a mix of Batman Arkham and Pokemon.

Mordor is just.... lacking. The game's core premise takes 80% of the game to take off, and the icon-hunting felt a lot more repetitive and more of a chore.

I needed a little break from Slime Rancher and fired up Gato Roboto.
I think, I should be a bit more than halfway through. (Just cleared the lava part.)
It's a very cute game and I like the diffferent colors, you unlock. It may be a bit too much Metroid, but I don't really mind.
The controls feel a tiny bit too floaty for me. Was also irritating, that the controls are a bit different inside the submarine. Bosses can be quite frustrating, too.
And it doesn't really feel satisfying to kill enemies, cause they don't drop anything at all.
I'd say, aside from boss fights and one hit kills, it is more on the easy side (so far). Savepoints are mostly good placed as well.
But-
What the fuck is this bad meow sound?! I was so much looking forward to the meow button, but it really doesn't sound very meow-ish at all. 😿

Dec

Prophet of Truth
Oct 26, 2017
Suddenly, Valve is talkative!

Edit: Wait, do you think that they hired the Dream Quest dude?

header.jpg

999f292d29eb1d4b05037606b222f849bf57b6b1.png
a8ff7aac667ce284d78dedf887909bbcf5ea5c90.png
2396e9b8bbc3abfc27e3681521d798a8d83c0f6e.png
341e0fd4752029cfed6533db9229da3bc86029a6.png
005da4e8f35bdcbc9edb843ae48bb4c67a5069f9.png
f7a59415a2e591c3b2617356ef885117d8715f29.png

Dota 2 had this art early on as well

ArjanN

Oct 25, 2017
I mean, are remastered editions ever really worth it on PC?

I could maybe count on one hand the number of games without enough improvements to warrant the purchase.

Yeah, a lot of the time these remastered editions were just cleaned up late PC ports then ported back to a later console gen. To be fair on PC those were also often free or really cheap if you own the original.

dex3108

Oct 26, 2017
Seeing MS using many Steam features is kinda nice. But their pricing in Europe still sucks

Megasoum

Oct 25, 2017
Wtf... So I decided to give the game The Crew another try cause I'm looking for an arcade racer these days and fell of the game after a few hours last time I tried it a few years ago...

So I download it off Uplay and boot it... No option to Start a new game in the menus... Ok, it's one of those huh?

So I go on my hdd to try to find the saves that surely downloaded through the cloud and start fresh.... Turns out the saves are all server side so there's absolutely no ways to start a new game...

Mentalist

Mar 14, 2019
Finished Doom 3: BFG edition.

Considering either going back to the classics that are included with it, or playing the 2 bonus campaigns.

But for now, I think I'll check out who that Master Chief fellow that people keep talking about is.

Volimar

volunteer forum janitor
Oct 25, 2017
Anyone know if Gears Tactics is gonna be on GamePass at launch?

Kiru

Oct 25, 2017
A Steam Product code you activated has been removed from your account.

10 Sep, 2018
Complimentary reviewer package

Does anyone have an idea how I make sure whatever the hell got removed from my account? Is the removed game still on my license activation list? I only have 2 games on that date and 1 has "Complimentary reviewer package" in the description. That game is no longer listed on the steam store (REPTILOIDS 2).

Tizoc

Oct 25, 2017
Oman
Just finished Bladed Fury and that final boss was a real challenge for me @o@
Pretty good game and is short enough to beat in 2 or 3 sessions.

Dusk Golem

Local Horror Enthusiast
Oct 25, 2017
Are they basing this off Dusk Golem 's info?
Not just that, they contacted a lot of different people to fact check. But I'll say this now, everything mentioned in the article aligns perfectly with everything I know.

A lot of it is from the Ambassador demo that was playable a few weeks ago behind closed doors, so some things may change to final. But generally most of it will be true, and is true of the demo.

Tizoc

Oct 25, 2017
Oman
Not just that, they contacted a lot of different people to fact check. But I'll say this now, everything mentioned in the article aligns perfectly with everything I know.

A lot of it is from the Ambassador demo that was playable a few weeks ago behind closed doors, so some things may change to final. But generally most of it will be true, and is true of the demo.
Thanks for clarification
I think my main gripe is that it is Chris again

Outside of re5
I honestly never cared nor thought of him as main series character
Claire leom and jill on the other hand, are.

Rhaknar

Oct 26, 2017
huh Disco Ellisium IS coming to Switch lol, someone suggested / joked about this some weeks ago and I said if there was a game that didnt seem like it would fit a portable it was that >_>

But I havent played it.

marcbret87

Apr 20, 2018
huh Disco Ellisium IS coming to Switch lol, someone suggested / joked about this some weeks ago and I said if there was a game that didnt seem like it would fit a portable it was that >_>

But I havent played it.

Why wouldn't it fit a portable? I played the game and it's very good, and I don't quite see why it would not be a good fit for the Switch, it's not technically demanding and the control scheme is mostly selecting answers.

Deleted member 18857

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Ugh why can't it be Jill or Claire.
I hope they'll give him another partner he haven't seen in a while. Someone like Moira, or Rebecca, or even Sheeva. Or pair him with Carlos, I can ship that.
Also I hope they don't screw up his redesign.

The image give me strong Kamaitachi no Yoru vibes. "Haunted ski resort in the Alps" could be a good setting. Add in some nazi zombies for good measure.

dex3108

Oct 26, 2017
I just realized that i never got free 1 month of Origin Access for activating 2-factor authentication XD

Status
Not open for further replies.