• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Who is your favourite character?

• Paul Atreides

Votes: 336 37.9%
  • Duncan Idaho

Votes: 246 27.7%
  • Alia Atreides

Votes: 67 7.6%
  • Leto II

Votes: 165 18.6%
  • Darwi Odrade

Votes: 10 1.1%
  • Miles Teg

Votes: 16 1.8%
  • Other (specify in thread and why)

Votes: 47 5.3%

• Total voters

MadScientist

Oct 27, 2017
I asked this in the Trailer thread, does anyone know if a script for the second movie is complete? You'd think during the pandemic, a script for a second movie would have been worked on and ready to go if this does well.

jett

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
When are we getting a handycam rip of the 20 minutes they showed at IMAX??? Don't let the world down dunefans.
I asked this in the Trailer thread, does anyone know if a script for the second movie is complete? You'd think during the pandemic, a script for a second movie would have been worked on and ready to go if this does well.
I doubt they have even started writing a screenplay.

TheXbox

Prophet of Truth
Oct 29, 2017
For all that's holy in this world that madman Villeneuve did it. HE DID IT.

I'm in awe.

Edit – The website now has the trailer and all new character profiles. Take a look at the Baron!
www.dunemovie.com

Dune: Part Two | Official Movie Site

Dune: Part Two - Only in theaters Now Playing
RIP Gurney's mood line :'(

Profiles sound good, though. I honestly expected them to cut half of these characters, nice to see everyone is accounted for.

Deleted member 90924

User requested account closure
Banned
Jan 29, 2021
I dislike Dune Messiah, and really disliked Children so I stopped there. I love Dune, but always thought it was lightning in a bottle for Herbert based on that.

HBO usually is good quality, but I'm highly skeptical of this Bene Gesserit prequel.

TheXbox

Prophet of Truth
Oct 29, 2017
I'm hoping we get Feyd and Fenring when we get the Emperor in the 2 film. Those are two great characters I hope they don't just delete or meld.
No way they are cutting Feyd in part 2. Fenrig... Maybe, but I have yet to see a single major omission in the cast. If we can get Kynes, Rabban, Jamis, and Mapes, there's no reason why Fenrig can't appear as well. Denis seems willing to trust the audience with a lot of names.

AuthenticM

Son Altesse Sérénissime
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Surely there is a better tagline out there than

IT BEGINS
Kh4ffEo.jpg

Fritz

Oct 26, 2017
I feel some scenes from that trailer must be from the books second half (third book even). Probaby visions.

Maledict

Oct 25, 2017

Wollan

Mostly Positive
Oct 25, 2017
Norway but living in France
Last edited:

Biske

Nov 11, 2017
I dislike Dune Messiah, and really disliked Children so I stopped there. I love Dune, but always thought it was lightning in a bottle for Herbert based on that.

HBO usually is good quality, but I'm highly skeptical of this Bene Gesserit prequel.

It's funny, Dune is my least favorite of the series. With each book after it me liking more and more.

Really hope the movie takes off and we get a full series.