Votes: 10 1.1%
  • Miles Teg

Votes: 16 1.8%
  • Other (specify in thread and why)

Votes: 47 5.3%

• Total voters

Tuorom

Oct 30, 2017
There was talk of notes in some interview(s) waaaaaay back when they were getting into their Butlerian Jihad trilogy, or maybe it was just before they were going to write/release Dune 7.

But it was clear they were full of shit (either on whether the notes actually existed, or whether the notes were actually being followed) when
the old Face Dancer couple from Duncan's visions unmasked and were the ROBOT VILLAINS ALL ALONG! THE ONES WE MADE UP IN OUR DUNE/TERMINATOR FANFICTION TRILOGY!!!!!! ROBOTS ARE BACK BABY!

EDIT:

Maybe they thought ROBOTS! was a better idea because, like, you can't enslave robots with your superfuck skills. Lolol.

EDIT MORE:

Of course, even if one assumes that somehow Frank intended it to be ROBOTS ALL ALONG (lol), the hacks probably didn't need to write a whole fanfiction far prequel trilogy just to set it up. Frank sure as fuck didn't.
Robots eh...I always envisioned them as Tleilaxu but like in a similar situation to the Honored Matres

jett

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
I still think it's dumb they decided to adapt half the book with no plans at all for the second half.

Mobius 1

Oct 27, 2017
North Point, Osean Federation
Over the past 5 years of insane stories, it really just seems like Warner Brothers is an absolute mad house.

It's poor decision making. There is a proven record of filming larger projects like this at the same time, and they're dealing with an accomplished director with a fantastic track record. Yet they're happy to waste money on Zach Snyder cut nonsense, twice.Definitely not the same financial commitment but it shows where their priorities lie.

nrtn

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
I'm currently reading Children of Dune and I'm so hyped for this movie!

Villeneuve never disappoints.

Xevren

Oct 25, 2017
At a minimum I'm just wonder when they're going to start a marketing push for this. No posters are even up at theaters or anything, cmon! Maybe with the new trailer they'll start ramping it up.

Spectromixer

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
USA
E6queXgWYAI-chD
E6qxbF7XsAQnr71
E6qwz52XsAEwo63

E6qyBXGXsAAOOBw
E6qxwHiWQAMFgq_
E6qxwIoXsAIHRpt

E6qxwI1XsAgwioI
E6qxwJQXEAMoydc

OP
OP
luca

luca

Oct 25, 2017
This is our week, we feed!

And we got a look at the Jamis fight:

Last edited:

Praetorpwj

Nov 21, 2017
I still think it's dumb they decided to adapt half the book with no plans at all for the second half.
It is the stupidest decision in modern film. Either you have confidence in the project and reap the cost benefits of filming back to back or you don't have the confidence in which case you don't green light in the first place.

MadScientist

Oct 27, 2017
It is the stupidest decision in modern film. Either you have confidence in the project and reap the cost benefits of filming back to back or you don't have the confidence in which case you don't green light in the first place.
Well said. If you have confidence, you greenlight and film them back to back which saves on cost. I'm so worried we never get a finished story from this.

SFLUFAN

Oct 27, 2017
Alexandria, VA
I simply cannot shake the feeling that Warner has already made up its mind to not greenlight the continuation from both the standpoint of commercial projections for the first film and the "broken" relationship between the studio and Legendary Entertainment/Villenueve over the HBO Max "day and date" streaming fiasco.

The film would have to significantly exceed Warner's internal rate of return for them to overcome the opportunity costs of funding the second film.

TheXbox

Prophet of Truth
Oct 29, 2017
Yeah they really fucked up if this is the proper fight and not just the earlier confrontation in the Cave of Birds or whatever.
I bet this is earlier.
Depending on how they slice this, the final Jamis confrontation could be the climax of the film.
Probably not something they'd share in promo.

Tuorom

Oct 30, 2017
Jamis fight outside?? nah must be the first confrontation

but then that means they changed the time of it from night to day. I can live with that.

Usul gives moisture to the dead.

This skin is not my own.

Bubukill

Oct 25, 2017
Panama
This is our week, we feed!

And we got a look at the Jamis fight:

A question about this fight in the books.

Wasn't this fight inside a cave, in the dark illuminated only by glow globes? and weren't they both almost naked without stillsuit? OR Did I misunderstood those details?

if it is exactly as I remember it, then I feel they might have wasted some potential with that scene; especially the rawness that could've been exuded out of that scene, just by imagining it.

Edit: ohh! it may be the first confrontation instead of the second one. Although I don't like the change to daytime; unless we are being misled by they doing some cinematography magic similar to the 1917 movie's chase scene where they filmed it in plain daylight and edited it to night.

Last edited:

Canyon

Oct 25, 2017
Ohio
I'll be there day one and probably see it a second or third time. I'm definitely in the camp of believing there won't be a sequel.

Wollan

Mostly Positive
Oct 25, 2017
Norway but living in France
I'm not sure when others around the world are able to visit their IMAX (New Zealand and Australia surely have by now? Twitter doesn't show any impressions however) but the UK is having IMAX showings today in ~4 hours 30 min from now.

First 10 minutes of movie + new trailer. Looking forward to Twitter-Impressions(tm).

Mobius 1

Oct 27, 2017
North Point, Osean Federation
The eyes argument will rage on eh?

If people need an example of how challenging fully colored eyes can be for dramatic acting, look at the Engineers from Prometheus. It looks great but definitely can obscure subtle expressions, and it may look unnerving to some. And when you realize that later in the story most characters will look like that… I think the compromise here is perfectly fine. List-Kyne's looks amazing.

Wollan

Mostly Positive
Oct 25, 2017
Norway but living in France

Sounds like the movie has a narrated opening in the fashion of LOTR, though more centered on the current situation (no history lesson on the Butlerian Jihad etc.), to give the basics.

Last edited:

Starphanluke

▲ Legend ▲
Nov 15, 2017
Trailer's out for everyone tomorrow!

(I've heard this change is to get out ahead of the Olympics, but I'm not 100% sure. It was definitely originally slated for Friday).

Bubukill

Oct 25, 2017
Panama
Damnn!! I'm getting hyped. Damn!! I didn't know I could get some tickets for free to get into this IMAX event near my home. Damn!!! I want a leak...