DiegoPaulino

Aug 24, 2023
so did Gigi get her makeover or what? ;_;

they-had-us-in-the-first-half-not-gonna-lie.gif

LonestarZues

Oct 27, 2017
It ain't coming lol. Just been them doing skits. Her character arc is so strange. Part of me feels like WWE has something against the Toxic Attraction girls. Both of them should be on Smackdown or RAW.

Yes, both have peaked already in NXT. They also shouldn't have broken them up. They could've added a veteran to take Mandy Rose's spot on the main roster if they were worried that they needed a veteran presence.

NameUser

Oct 25, 2017
Yes, both have peaked already in NXT. They also shouldn't have broken them up. They could've added a veteran to take Mandy Rose's spot on the main roster if they were worried that they needed a veteran presence.
My hope is that they're doing a long term story. Cause they still make references to the group, like last night Gigi was calling her a backstabber, and they still have the same gimmick/posses. Why keep their characters the same and constantly remind fans of their past if they don't plan on reuniting them one day? It'd make no sense.

Plus the name Toxic Attraction could easily be about a toxic friendship. Jacy clearly can't be alone. She's been looking for Gigi replacements and none of them will stick. Soon she'll turn on the new one.

Vylash

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
It ain't coming lol. Just been them doing skits. Her character arc is so strange. Part of me feels like WWE has something against the Toxic Attraction girls. Both of them should be on Smackdown or RAW.
they both have absolutely nothing going for them, gigi especially, girl has been booked like an absolute geek since the split

Wonky Mump

Oct 30, 2017
So we're into May now and Raw still doesn't have a broadcast home from October 1st until January 2025 when the Netflix deal begins in the US, right?

Wonky Mump

Oct 30, 2017
prob gonna have a 3month extension on USA right? especially since it's not like they are ending relationships with them, Smackdown is moving to USA.
I believe Meltzer said on Wrestling Observer Newsletter/Radio that USA Network has apparently already ruled that out. I do wonder if it get stuck on Peacock on the Network in the US, similar to how NXT is Network exclusive in the UK here. The US TV Upfronts are in a couple of weeks, so maybe if there's any word it'll come then?

Wonky Mump

Oct 30, 2017
I've mentioned SmackDown tomorrow night is airing live in parts of Europe at 7pm local France time (6pm UK time on TNT Sports/Discovery+, and I know in Italy it's airing live on DMAX/Discovery+ too - ironically it seems to be airing around 8:45pm in France itself, not sure about other countries...) - we don't have a "spoiler policy" and given the coming months will have these SmackDown shows airing in advance of the FOX airing in the USA on live-to-tape delay (Backlash, King/Queen of the Ring, Clash at the Castle and Bash at Berlin all have international live SmackDown episodes the night before the PLE) what's the general feeling on whether to mark "spoilers" or such. Figured probably a good idea to post before someone inevitably comes in and gets annoyed or something.

Rhaknar

Oct 26, 2017
oh I cancelled my network sub because Im off work so wouldnt watch at the usual 1am (I work graveyard shift so if I WAS working I could actually work in the AMs), but I just realized its live on EU time, so I imagine like 8pm our time hmmm.

UrbanDandy

Oct 25, 2017
Can it be possible for the future WM to be held at the Egg Dome? Can/Will American fans flock to Japan to be a part of that history?

Rhaknar

Oct 26, 2017
so only 5 matches at Backlash apparently, neither tag titles on the line, and no Sami vs Bronson Reed either.

Wonky Mump

Oct 30, 2017
Women's Tag Titles are on the show, Bianca and Jade are probably winning them. Sami vs Bronson Reed took place on Raw and ended in a DQ when Chad Gable got involved, so I guess they're doing a triple threat with that in the future - possibly at King/Queen of the Ring? I imagine they'll maybe set something up on SmackDown if they feel they need to add to the card.

Update in the Janel Grant vs Vince/Laurinaitis/WWE case:

DarkstarIV

Feb 21, 2018
Yeah. I think it's pretty much a foregone conclusion that Bianca/Jade are winning the tag titles, as WWE has been doing nothing but building up heel teams in preparation for Bianca and Jade to completely run over.

It's a damn shame as well, because I feel like those titles are going to lose a lot of prestige with Bianca and Jade as champs, because their matches are almost certainly going to be one sided squashes where the other teams look like complete garbage in the buildup. And I imagine they'll only lose the tag titles due to a rollup or something most likely. Zero chance Bianca or Jade gets pinned clean.

Scottoest

Feb 4, 2020
I believe Meltzer said on Wrestling Observer Newsletter/Radio that USA Network has apparently already ruled that out. I do wonder if it get stuck on Peacock on the Network in the US, similar to how NXT is Network exclusive in the UK here. The US TV Upfronts are in a couple of weeks, so maybe if there's any word it'll come then?

Just throw it on YouTube for a few months. They already got their TV deals signed, plus it would probably do monster viewer numbers.

Derbel McDillet

▲ Legend ▲
Nov 23, 2022
so only 5 matches at Backlash apparently, neither tag titles on the line, and no Sami vs Bronson Reed either.
Seems like we can assume everyone is getting at least 15+ minutes. Maybe Jade and Bianca / Kairi and Asuka can get close. There's just no reason for me to want them to win if it's not gonna be a match match, because I'm over the "Jade just needs a little more exposure / experience but also needs to look strong" defense.

May 22, 2023
Florida
Seems like we can assume everyone is getting at least 15+ minutes. Maybe Jade and Bianca / Kairi and Asuka can get close. There's just no reason for me to want them to win if it's not gonna be a match match, because I'm over the "Jade just needs a little more exposure / experience but also needs to look strong" defense.
It is frustrating AF that Kabuki Warriors have barely defended their belts, on the last PPV did not even defend them and at Mania and instead had a stupid 3 way pretty much a squash just to give Jade a spotlight and it is pretty safe to think that Bianca and Jade will go over unless there is some weird heel turn out of nowhere. What are they going to do have Bianca in for 12+ minutes and then Jade come in, almost botch a big kick and then hit her finisher (of course on Kairi because she is smaller and it will look more impressive ) and act like she did everything?

Derbel McDillet

▲ Legend ▲
Nov 23, 2022
It is frustrating AF that Kabuki Warriors have barely defended their belts, on the last PPV did not even defend them and at Mania and instead had a stupid 3 way pretty much a squash just to give Jade a spotlight and it is pretty safe to think that Bianca and Jade will go over unless there is some weird heel turn out of nowhere. What are they going to do have Bianca in for 12+ minutes and then Jade come in, almost botch a big kick and then hit her finisher and act like she did everything?
On the upside, Ausuka back in singles contention on Raw ain't a bad thing. And I liked Dmg Ctrl for operating like they're in a prison.

maybe-ehhh.gif

Vylash

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
It is frustrating AF that Kabuki Warriors have barely defended their belts, on the last PPV did not even defend them and at Mania and instead had a stupid 3 way pretty much a squash just to give Jade a spotlight and it is pretty safe to think that Bianca and Jade will go over unless there is some weird heel turn out of nowhere. What are they going to do have Bianca in for 12+ minutes and then Jade come in, almost botch a big kick and then hit her finisher (of course on Kairi because she is smaller and it will look more impressive ) and act like she did everything?
idk why they even took the titles off of katana and kayden

UrbanDandy

Oct 25, 2017
Did Netflix secretly shelve that Vince documentary? It seems that we haven't heard any news about it because of their deal to start streaming Raw next year, or because of updates on what's going on with Vince's case, the director has to go back to the editor and tell them to add new stuff.

Wonky Mump

Oct 30, 2017
Did Netflix secretly shelve that Vince documentary? It seems that we haven't heard any news about it because of their deal to start streaming Raw next year, or because of updates on what's going on with Vince's case, the director has to go back to the editor and tell them to add new stuff.
Didn't Meltzer say it was "100% done" before the lawsuit stuff kicked off, I wonder if that's delayed things tho I somewhat suspect they might push it somewhere else as a "conflict of interest" thing with the WWE deal.

Wonky Mump

Oct 30, 2017
Tiffany Stratton and Damage CTRL vs Bayley, Naomi, Jade and Bianca announced for SmackDown on the Backlash Kickoff show.

LonestarZues

Oct 27, 2017
Women's tag titles have been useless since the 2nd Boss & Hug title reign ended. I wish they were important, but they aren't. They're almost at the 24/7 title level of importance at this point.

Wonky Mump

Oct 30, 2017
Brad Blum - named as Corporate Officer #2 in the Janel Grant lawsuit - has resigned from WWE.

www.fightful.com

WWE COO Brad Blum Tenders Resignation | Fightful News

Brad Blum has reportedly tendered his resignation.

According to Dave Meltzer of the Wrestling Observer, WWE Chief Operating Officer Brad Blum tendered his resignation on May 1.

Blum had been with WWE since 2006.

Blum was named as Corporate Officer No. 2 in the lawsuit filed by former employee Janel Grant against WWE, Vince McMahon, and John Laurinaitis alleging sexual assault and sex trafficking.

Bizazedo

Oct 28, 2017
Because Kayden and Katana were absolutely ice cold and not getting over no matter what WWE did.
Well, WWE didn't really try. They came out of nowhere, won, but didn't get any real story or characterization. You have to do that or else you're doomed unless you're on Ospreay's level and even then...

They didn't get the characterization / story and are not on Ospreay's level (not a knock, who is?!), so no one cares.

DarkstarIV

Feb 21, 2018
Well, WWE didn't really try. They came out of nowhere, won, but didn't get any real story or characterization. You have to do that or else you're doomed unless you're on Ospreay's level and even then...

They didn't get the characterization / story and are not on Ospreay's level (not a knock, who is?!), so no one cares.
They weren't going to get over anyways. Their entire gimmick was being "party girls" which never ends well. They had zero intensity and were completely outshone in the ring by Asuka and Kairi. I remember WWE actively pushing to try and get them over with pretapes, matches, etc, and none of it worked.

Jade and Bianca are over, but I have a feeling they aren't going to elevate those tag titles at all either, especially since Jade is fucking abysmal in the ring, and Bianca pretty much never loses or sells any damage she takes for more than a couple of minutes. It's going to take some cosmic level fuckery to get them to lose the titles. Especially since both are probably the two most protected women on the active roster right now. So say what you will about the Kabuki reign being ass, but at least they worked from underneath and brought a lot of those women to some of their best matches (tag team wise), where that absolutely will not be the case when it comes to Bianca and Jade as champs.

Last edited:

Bizazedo

Oct 28, 2017
They weren't going to get over anyways. Their entire gimmick was being "party girls" which never ends well. They had zero intensity and were completely outshone in the ring by Asuka and Kairi.

I remember WWE actively pushing to try and get them over with pretapes, matches, etc, and none of it worked. Jade and Bianca are over, but I have a feeling they aren't going to elevate those tag titles at all either, especially since Jade is green as shit herself in the ring, and Bianca pretty much never loses. It's going to take some cosmic level fuckery to get them to lose the titles. Especially since both are probably the two most protected women on the active roster right now.
They had pretaped stuff, but no real *story* w/them, though. They just came out of nowhere for the average viewer, won, and partied. Not very gripping...but yes, agreed, party gimmicks aren't great to begin with anyways.

WWE never gave a reason to care whether they won or lost.

DarkstarIV

Feb 21, 2018
They had pretaped stuff, but no real *story* w/them, though. They just came out of nowhere for the average viewer, won, and partied. Not very gripping...but yes, agreed, party gimmicks aren't great to begin with anyways.

WWE never gave a reason to care whether they won or lost.
I mean it was blatantly obvious they only had the tag titles because the Kabuki Warriors were on their way back. Just like how it's completely obvious the Kabuki Warriors are now dropping the titles so Jade and Bianca can have some gold, and appear on all brands (although I kinda hope they don't, I don't really want to see them running over three divisions at once).

Bizazedo

Oct 28, 2017
I mean it was blatantly obvious they only had the tag titles because the Kabuki Warriors were on their way back. Just like how it's completely obvious the Kabuki Warriors are now dropping the titles so Jade and Bianca can have some gold, and appear on all brands (although I kinda hope they don't, I don't really want to see them running over three divisions at once).
Yeah, sometimes predictability is good and fine. Cody winning at Wrestlemania = obvious and appropriate.

The above kind of predictability? Zzzzzz. Plagues all wrestling promotions, sometimes they just have shit ways to transition to the next thing.

Derbel McDillet

▲ Legend ▲
Nov 23, 2022

Wonky Mump

Oct 30, 2017
Give me more wrestling during work hours lol Preferably on a day I can enjoy it though. I'll have to catch the 8pm air.
It's only in UK/some parts of Europe that it's airing live, due to the TV deals there that have international episodes of shows live - Backlash, King/Queen of the Ring, Clash at the Castle, and Bash at Berlin will all have SmackDown airing live from the same arena as those PLE the night before, so they'll be airing live outside the USA in some parts and on tape delay for the USA.