Jay Shadow

Oct 28, 2017
Yeah like uh...in the case of Baldi, he must have been utterly abysmal if he signed just a couple of weeks ago and is already getting cut. Or he did something really fucking bad behind the scenes and his ass was fired.
He posted that he had actually been with WWE for 7 months but couldn't announce it until the show aired.

BeaconofTruth

Dec 30, 2017
The UK gets a lot of praise online for the crowds but as a European I can promise you the continent is even wilder. I can only imagine what a PPV in Madrid, Barca, Amsterdam or Rome would be like.
Oh I bet, I knew France was gonna be loud from fgc stuff. Dbfz had a world tour finals in France one time and that crowd was electric. An arena full of people like that?? Ffffffdd

Global ppv wwe is litty, makes up for some of the staleness when the crowd is as red hot as they keep bringing.

RepairmanJack

Oct 27, 2017
Damn, this crowd. Tomorrow should be electric.

I like how much a running theme it seems go be of Heyman being scared to enter the ring lol

Damn Heyman good

Last edited:

Jeffolation

Shinra Employee
Oct 30, 2017
Not too excited about the card tomorrow but the show should be really fun in front of that crowd.

RepairmanJack

Oct 27, 2017
Honestly liked that segment. Felt almost like AJ was trying to force it to be more and Cody rightly called it as saying if he's convincing himself?

Like that they're trying more camera stuff and not just long shots. They don't all have to land, but glad they're doing more stuff.

Gaiaknight

Oct 25, 2017
That pop for LA knight was amazing when i went to summerslam in detroit we gave him the loudest reaction of the night and i thought we were loud but damn that was amazing to watch tonight for him.

Rustyspider13

Shinra Employee
Nov 16, 2023
It was a great decision to hold Backlash in France. I've always thought of Backlash as a filler PPV as there are no big changes so soon after WM, but this crowd has made me really excited for the show. Maybe the crowd went a bit overboard during the last segment, but they largely let the performers deliver promos, reacted well to the matches, gave a bit of local flavor to the chants and were loud as hell.

The episode itself was decent. Damage Ctrl jobbing hard in this entire feud leading to a title loss makes it feel anticlimactic. I get it, Jade and Bianca are over as hell, but some adversity would be appreciated. At least Jade and Bianca look more like a team and not just two stars put together. Seed being planted for Bayley v Bianca is also good.

Another seed planted was Knight v Escobar. Good, fresh match up for the main roster. Melo getting a KotR placement is nice. Not sure about feuding with Bobby though.

Lyon acknowledging our Tribal Chief was great. Roman must be thinking "Oh, now you want me huh" and laughing. Feels like Bloodline v RKO match should be a street fight.

I needed a bit more from the AJ v Cody feud. The match will be great, no doubt. But needs more heat. This "I respect you" act needs to go. Maybe they will continue in the coming months with more violence. Also, AJ's theme sucks.

Lastly was that Samantha announcing on SD? What happened to Mike Rome?

RepairmanJack

Oct 27, 2017
nsnyTBC.png

Damn, AJ in 2006 a bit different...

Rhaknar

Oct 26, 2017
NGL I kinda wanna watch Backlash now just for the crowd lol. It's also the rare PLE at a decent "dinner" time for us Europeans hmmm

Wonky Mump

Oct 30, 2017
They certainly tried with Stevenson, fuck he managed to make an entire arena cheer for Baron Corbin, but good riddance - another one with some background history gone.

Rhaknar

Oct 26, 2017
Jey entrance is going to be crazy with this crowd judging from those clips, using the phones to do the YEET wave looked so good.