AliceAmber

Drive-in Mutant
Administrator
May 2, 2018
It's become increasingly obvious that there needs to be a corner of Resetera reserved for the WWE. As most fans know, there is a very, very long history of controversies with the WWE, and now most recently with the Vince Lawsuit (Major CW: SA)

However, there needs to be space for fans of the IP to be able to discuss the program. You can still enjoy a product, but still despise atrocities that have occured.

In this thread, fans can not be accused of condoning these atrocities nor will fans be able to snipe at other wrestling promotions. Other wrestling promotion fans can not snipe at people who participate in this thread either.

THIS WILL BE THE ONLY THREAD FOR THE WWE, that includes Wrestlemania. WWE can not be discussed in any other thread.

Oct 29, 2017
Is there going to be like a sticky post or threadmark on top like that cyberpunk thread has or something like that?

Violence Jack

Drive-in Mutant
Oct 25, 2017
This will likely be my only post in this thread, but I just want to say thank you and the mods for listening to the concerns and giving fans of other wrestling promotions their own space away from WWE. I think this will help the wrestling threads tremendously.

deimosmasque

Ugly, Queer, Gender-Fluid, Drive-In Mutant, yes?
Apr 22, 2018
Tampa, Fl
Is there going to be like a sticky post or threadmark on top like that cyberpunk thread has or something like that?

Good question. But no.

This thread is the only place to discuss anything WWE related. We don't need to do a sticky or a threadmark all wrestling threads have been informed and if other threads are posted they will be locked.

Other than that, it IS safe to post here! If anyone comes in and is hostile to anyone for watching the WWE product, report it. Also do not trash talk other wrestling fans.

Besides that feel free to finish the story.

Habino

Oct 25, 2017
I am not super big on other companies other than the WWE, but gonna keep an eye here!

Altazor

Oct 25, 2017
Chile
Just to be certain, non-keyfabe news *about* WWE/TKO can definitely be discussed outside of this thread, right? Like new developments regarding the allegations against Vince, for example.

TheBee

Oct 18, 2023
I wonder if they might go the Cody/Rock are in cahoots root like Austin/Tyson with Rock taking out the Bloodline in the main event and allowing Cody a clean run on Roman. This would then set up Roman/Rock for next year.

PhantomFFR

Oct 25, 2017
Vienna, Austria, EU, Earth
Thank you for your question, it is locked. So ratings discussion for WWE will have to remain in this thread.

On the danger that I'm actually the only one, but given that the ratings thread is the only regular wrestling-related thing I'm currently interested in and thus the only wrestling thread I frequent, I'd like to express that I'm not super happy about the decision to split up ratings talk into multiple threads that also cover a wide variety of other topics (and spoilers at times.)

Karsha

May 1, 2020
Yeah, HHH is supposed to make an announcement today about what will happen at WM. Kinda curios because as for this moment, everything is on the table

Nov 27, 2017
California
H H H
H
H

pretty good build up with everything happening lately, legit got some people to avoid talking about Vince to focus on Cody x Roman x Rock
still think we get Rock vs Roman but the fans calling for Cody has WWE making alternate decisions

KefkaPalazzo

Oct 25, 2017
God, last night wasn't just a press conference, it was pure cinema. Cody is already the biggest full time star in the industry by a wide margin, this will only make him bigger. He's a less divisive Cena.

It's a fantastic thing that Vince (and others) seems like he's finally going to have to pay for his years of abuse of power, but it is bittersweet for all the current talent that it's coming at a time when WWE has consistently been good again for nearly 2 years. Oh well, justice is the most important thing here and this will have to be finally resolved for the company to move forward.

BassForever

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
CT
I don't post much about wrestling despite watching way too much of it via osmosis on youtube. Look forward to doing my annual sign up for peacock to watch Wrestlemania and then cancel it again.

And of course I hope Vince spends the rest of his days being milked dry and being miserable as a consequence for all the awful things he's done.

Saturday

One Winged Slayer - Shinra Employee
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Now I can post the hottest of takes.

This cody/roman course correction was honestly terrible and even though it was the right result and even though im normally a type of person to consider the end of a angle justification for prior booking this has been just bad for the entire roman saga and Cody's finish the story meme

dglavimans

Nov 13, 2019
Good on the mods

As a bystander I don't watch a lot of WWE. I watched Royal Rumble which was not that good. But Rock returning has me interested so will probably watch the other two PPV that are coming up :)

Fat4all

Woke up, got a money tag, swears a lot
Oct 25, 2017
here
Besides that feel free to finish the story.
GFbpZjxWUAAVcfq

Garou

Oct 25, 2017
You can still enjoy a product, but still despise atrocities that have occured.

I don't want to derail, but shouldn't we be able to discuss Harry Potter / Hogwarts Legacy by that logic? I always thought it's strange that just because the woman that owns the IP is a piece of shit that the efforts of many others have to be ignored.

BasilZero

Oct 25, 2017
Omni
God, last night wasn't just a press conference, it was pure cinema. Cody is already the biggest full time star in the industry by a wide margin, this will only make him bigger. He's a less divisive Cena.

It's a fantastic thing that Vince (and others) seems like he's finally going to have to pay for his years of abuse of power, but it is bittersweet for all the current talent that it's coming at a time when WWE has consistently been good again for nearly 2 years. Oh well, justice is the most important thing here and this will have to be finally resolved for the company to move forward.

100%

I'm enjoying Cody as a Super Star than Cena lol

Also ya - everyone who is responsible for the horrible things need to be accounted for. Justice needs to be served.

I don't post much about wrestling despite watching way too much of it via osmosis on youtube. Look forward to doing my annual sign up for peacock to watch Wrestlemania and then cancel it again.

And of course I hope Vince spends the rest of his days being milked dry and being miserable as a consequence for all the awful things he's done.

Ooh , I should do that...I havent watched WWE (or any other wrestling show) live in over 15 years - been mainly watching clips on youtube and reading dirtsheets (and reading here).

Never had Peacock so I guess I'll sub to it once and watch some stuff on it after WM.

I wonder if there's any exclusive movies (that arent on other services) on it.

Good on the mods

As a bystander I don't watch a lot of WWE. I watched Royal Rumble which was not that good. But Rock returning has me interested so will probably watch the other two PPV that are coming up :)

You mean Elimination Chamber? I dont think Rock or Roman will be involved in the PLE.

Its likely gonna focus more on the World Heavyweight Championship.

dglavimans

Nov 13, 2019
100%

You mean Elimination Chamber? I dont think Rock or Roman will be involved in the PLE.

Its likely gonna focus more on the World Heavyweight Championship.
Yeah the EC and then WM! So just following a bit of tidbits coming weeks which seems to be a good and fun way for me to watch the product

When I watched WWE weekly I found the video packages annoying at the PPV but honestly it kinda works as a single viewer :p

DiegoPaulino

Aug 24, 2023
I don't want to derail, but shouldn't we be able to discuss Harry Potter / Hogwarts Legacy by that logic? I always thought it's strange that just because the woman that owns the IP is a piece of shit that the efforts of many others have to be ignored.

The difference is that you can enjoy the wrestler's work, that WWE didn't Own. You can watch the WWE product because of Dean Ambrose and then move to aew/njpw to watch Jon moxley wrestle.

And If there's one media product that If you point the finger no one is left behind is pro wrestling.

Rivenblade

Nov 1, 2017
Also my only post in this thread as well, but thank you mods. I used to go to the main wrestling thread to read up on non-AEW and non-WWE promotions, but this makes it easier.

Peace.

Owzers

Oct 26, 2017
Now I can post the hottest of takes.

This cody/roman course correction was honestly terrible and even though it was the right result and even though im normally a type of person to consider the end of a angle justification for prior booking this has been just bad for the entire roman saga and Cody's finish the story meme

there's no getting around how dumb Cody giving his spot to The Rock was.

OfficerRob

Oct 25, 2017
My only post in this thread before I put it on ignore:

I feel an exception should be made because this is a containment thread and the circumstances behind it, and this thread should go straight into hangouts. At the moment, it looks like WWE discussion is being actively promoted otherwise

BassForever

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
CT
If Cody beats Roman clean at wrestlemania (or overcomes more bloodline interference shenaigans to win) in a great match, all the foolishness leading up to it will be forgotten in the history books.

The Silver

Oct 28, 2017
As someone who does not watch the product outside of whatever I see on reddit/twitter and Wrestlemania I'd say they definitely succeeded in getting ppl invested and talking about the angle. Bloodline Rock could be a great character if he goes all in

I don't know why but now I just want Austin to come back and stun Rock for one last time, he could save Cody from being screwed just like he did with Mick Foley lol

KefkaPalazzo

Oct 25, 2017
As someone who does not watch the product outside of whatever I see on reddit/twitter and Wrestlemania I'd say they definitely succeeded in getting ppl invested and talking about the angle. Bloodline Rock could be a great character if he goes all in

I don't know why but now I just want Austin to come back and stun Rock for one last time, he could save Cody from being screwed just like he did with Mick Foley lol
I was thinking how cool it would be to have Austin come out and prevent the Rock from getting involved in the WM Main Event, leading to a cinematic match between the two at some point.

But, given his domestic abuse issues, and Vince...probably not something they want to touch right now.

never

Oct 28, 2017
I kind of liked what came out of that conference yesterday, interested to see what happens in smackdown.

Saturday

One Winged Slayer - Shinra Employee
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
If Cody beats Roman clean at wrestlemania (or overcomes more bloodline interference shenaigans to win) in a great match, all the foolishness leading up to it will be forgotten in the history books.

Unfortunately there was a point of no return with both Cody's loss last year and with Roman's years and years of wins. By this logic, Cody should lose this year as well but as long as next years finale is good, its all fine.

OP
OP
AliceAmber

AliceAmber

Drive-in Mutant
Administrator
May 2, 2018
This is not up for discussion. Please move on.

DiegoPaulino

Aug 24, 2023
I was thinking how cool it would be to have Austin come out and prevent the Rock from getting involved in the WM Main Event, leading to a cinematic match between the two at some point.

But, given his domestic abuse issues, and Vince...probably not something they want to touch right now.

Night 1: Rock and Solo x Austin and Jey. Book It, Hunter.

Oct 28, 2017
California
Fuck Vince, and as usual Bret is right.

As far as the product goes:

-Punk
-Roman
-Rock
-Cody
-Drew
-Bayley
-Rhea
-Becky
-Seth
-LA Knight
-KO
-Dom
-R Truth

Absolutely stacked and I haven't enjoyed wrestling this much in years.

TheBigJuice

Banned
Jun 29, 2023
Thank you mods. Hope yall have a great weekend.

Fuck Vince hope he spends his last few years in a prison cell.

Karsha

May 1, 2020
If I wasn't sure HHH can't fight anymore, I'd have guessed this is the build up to HHH vs Rock that was talked about some year ago