cHinzo

Oct 27, 2017
Holyshit, the Airburst launcher is straight up garbage. Why is it exploding prematurely so often??

Buttchin-n-Bones

Actually knows the TOS
Oct 25, 2017
Okay, even I knew the airburst was going to be a fodder killer, but I didn't expect it to be THIS BAD at killing gunships

TRS8088

Oct 27, 2017
Chicago, Illinois, USA
I did get the airburst to kill 14 tier 1 bots that were grouped up, so that was fun. Aimed it over their heads and that worked.

Then it bursted during extract off a rock or tree or vending machine or something 5 feet in front of me and I died hah.

StrykerIsland

Oct 25, 2017
Just got 24 kills with a single air burst rocket launcher shot on Helldive. Super satisfying, lol. Clears out hordes of baddies like a hot knife through butter.

brain_

What is a tag? A miserable pile of words.
May 13, 2021
MO
Only played the game very lightly since release. A friend finally picked it up today and I doubled my playtime lmao. So much fun.

data

Oct 25, 2017
Just got 24 kills with a single air burst rocket launcher shot on Helldive. Super satisfying, lol. Clears out hordes of baddies like a hot knife through butter.
It's great until you kill your entire team lol or yourself. I don't get the principle of how it applies its burst.

Sometimes I get it work really well, other times I end up killing myself and teammates

DanGo

Oct 25, 2017
Ew, had a really dumb experience. Jumped into a mission midway, geological survey on suicide. Get my bearings and equipment and squad up. They tell me to head across the map to one of the survey sites they're not approaching. Uh, ok, sure, I can try to solo that. I get there to find they'd clearly recently tried and failed. The mining pod is already down and absolutely covered by about two dozen devastators and a shitload of other bots further out. I start doing my best to clear them out, running my ass all over dropping 500kgs, etc, and then I start getting chat messages asking what I'm waiting for, do the objective already. Nah, screw that. I'm out.

CJohn

Oct 30, 2017
The new airbuster launcher is an incredible team killing weapon. I never died so many times with friendly fire lmao.

JoeInky

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah Penta is going to get liberated and we didn't even get chance to try out the anti-tank mines lol

Suntzupp

Mar 26, 2022
It's been so long since I last played this game. Waiting for the next big patch to see what is fixed. I can't have fun with most weapons having issues especially with fire damage. It should've been fixed by now

ruggiex

Oct 27, 2017
Yeah Penta is going to get liberated and we didn't even get chance to try out the anti-tank mines lol

It would have made more sense to open up access to Choohe first, assuming you would get experimental anti tank mine on that planet, and then decide which one to liberate first if this were a single player game. They probably purposely put the stratagem with more utility behind the longer route.

Barnak

Oct 25, 2017
Canada
How do you get more ammo with the new rocket launcher? I tried looting ammo off the ground or resupply boxes, but I still couldn't reload it after firing it once(and killing myself lol).

Dust

C H A O S
Oct 25, 2017
Anyone noticed that sometimes there are missions that show like 3 hour elapsed on the surface? Wonder what the hell is that about - guess a timeout'd mission?

Sep 14, 2020
Are the samples available in rescue missions glitched? I played a couple this morning (difficulty 4/5) and after we completed the mission we'd wonder around the map looking for samples. Although it'd show the map had basic and rare samples we could never find any rares at all, only basic ones. Am I missing something?

data

Oct 25, 2017
Are the samples available in rescue missions glitched? I played a couple this morning (difficulty 4/5) and after we completed the mission we'd wonder around the map looking for samples. Although it'd show the map had basic and rare samples we could never find any rares at all, only basic ones. Am I missing something?
Rares are usually clustered on those maps on PoIs which can be hard to find with the rescue missions being compressed to like 15 minutes

Sep 14, 2020
Rares are usually clustered on those maps on PoIs which can be hard to find with the rescue missions being compressed to like 15 minutes

We checked PoIs. I assume we didn't hit all the PoIs on the maps but the fact that we hit a bunch on each and got zero Rares seemed really wierd. Unless they show up at particular ones that are easy to miss. That's why I'm wondering if there's something specific to look out for. 🤷

ruggiex

Oct 27, 2017
We checked PoIs. I assume we didn't hit all the PoIs on the maps but the fact that we hit a bunch on each and got zero Rares seemed really wierd. Unless they show up at particular ones that are easy to miss. That's why I'm wondering if there's something specific to look out for. 🤷

Not sure about diff 4/5 but on 7/8/9, almost all the rares are found at just 3 out of 10-15 POIs on the map.

data

Oct 25, 2017
Might be! These PoIs at difficulty 7 have like 9-10 rare samples each.

Klyka

Oct 25, 2017
Germany
Big update confirmed? Is it coming out on tuesday?
yeah i posted the CM confirming it like yesterday or the day before
it's a major build update with tons of fixes according to him
the Spear lock on fix for example was apparently done 17 days ago and is coming with this patch
there will be, according to the CM, the big patch first and then a smaller patch/hotfix after too
I expect it to be on tuesday cause that's when they usually patch

Gero

Oct 28, 2017
yeah i posted the CM confirming it like yesterday or the day before
it's a major build update with tons of fixes according to him
the Spear lock on fix for example was apparently done 17 days ago and is coming with this patch
there will be, according to the CM, the big patch first and then a smaller patch/hotfix after too
I expect it to be on tuesday cause that's when they usually patch

Nice. Looking forward to it. Hopefully some new stuff too and good balance changes that makes us use different weapons and strategems

Kadzork

Has got mad skills!!
Oct 27, 2017
New warbond next week on the 9th too - I need to get on again to grind up the 1k.

Last edited:

Kadzork

Has got mad skills!!
Oct 27, 2017
The big new patch will also include new Warbond stuff even though it wont be live for weeks, so expect tons of leaks. As for rebalancing, basically the only nerfs are to ammo economy (less reserve magazines), and of the 24 changes most are buffs.

New Warbond is on May 9th
Sunday is the start of my week 😅 Plenty of time to get the credits.

poklane

Oct 25, 2017
the Netherlands
where did you read this? official discord?

edit: just found it!
For everyone else:
okY9mah.png

NebHGHn.png
KQiei4C.png

Klyka

Oct 25, 2017
Germany
very much looking forward to the patch!

if my hunch and estimate is right, this week or the one after will make quite some people pick the game back up for a while 😤

coolasj19

Oct 25, 2017
Houston, Texas
The new airbuster launcher is an incredible team killing weapon. I never died so many times with friendly fire lmao.

Extract on a Level 9, the Super Destroyer has already left. And I have the opportunity to save or kill my entire team that's getting pushed on from atop a hill as we're huddled in a rapidly deteriorating bubble shield. It's literally what the airburst was made for. I can shoot it, and it'll explode the entire crest of the hill. Allowing us to push back up and exfill. Only thing is, I'm behind my teammates with the Airburst. Inside the shield.

Well there's only one way to push through the glitches of the weapon. I push out of the shield, take my shot, it explodes in my face on the incline of the hill. I die. It kills the bubble shield. My team mates die after the shield pops. Mission Complete, Extract Failed.

Lovely gun would indirectly team kill again.