TobyC

Artist at Failbetter Games
Verified
Jan 30, 2019
Game seems incredible so far, the controls in particular stand out as a sort of mix of MGS5 and Lost Planet (you just know they looked hard at the MGS5 dive for this) Visuals are superb too, I'm loving the environments, hit reactions and camera motion... the whole visual package is so pleasing. Been playing solo for just an hour and discovered a door that seemingly required two players to enter, so it's clear that while solo is possible it's not quite the intended experience.

Kadzork

Has got mad skills!!
Oct 27, 2017
Saving all my resources for the recoilless rifle - the tankier enemies don't mess around.

Dunlop

Oct 25, 2017
stuck on a work issue where I need to be near the PC but currently sitting on my hands waiting for others to complete their task which could take an hour. I foolishly installed the PS5 upstairs on my OLED TV so no sneaking in game time : (

Time to learn how remote play works...

Buzzkiller_20

Corrupted by Vengeance
Oct 27, 2017
This game is ripe for crossover costumes/skins. Weapons too.

Killzone pack when??
I've been thinking how cool it would be if they had Killzone and Resistance packs at some point. Have Chimeras invade and be another faction. Have ISA and Helghast armor skins. The radiation gun from Killzone 3 would be cool to see here as well. Hell, if the game gets big enough, maybe they can even get Star Wars stuff as well. Game has so much potential.

coldsagging

AVALANCHE
Oct 27, 2017
WHEW. Just did a mission on hard with some randoms. Slowly fighting our way across the objectives, covering each other, giving each other supplies and weapons, cooperating! And intuitively, nobody needed to say a word.

We launched and IBM and saluted whilst it took off, then escaped to the extraction whilst the explosion of the missile filled the skyline.

It was fucking brilliant. I think (and hope) this will have legs, its fantastic.

ukas

Oct 25, 2017
WHEW. Just did a mission on hard with some randoms. Slowly fighting our way across the objectives, covering each other, giving each other supplies and weapons, cooperating! And intuitively, nobody needed to say a word.

We launched and IBM and saluted whilst it took off, then escaped to the extraction whilst the explosion of the missile filled the skyline.

It was fucking brilliant. I think (and hope) this will have legs, its fantastic.
I was having fun just playing a flag mission alone and didn't start having issues until the last flag. I was down to 0 lives and the GM intervened and gave me another life to try to get the last flag up and get the hell out. I failed them spectacularly.

AstralSphere

Feb 10, 2021
The first mission? On trivial?
Huh

I have no idea. Maybe it wasn't?

Honestly I find the menus kind of a mess, so I have no clue. I saw a 2 somewhere and presumed that was the level the game expected you to be, and didn't see a 1 anywhere so just went for it. Didn't see a difficulty indicator anywhere.

OldBritBloke

Oct 28, 2017
Nice reference to starship bloopers :'D
y1HiNa6.png

We can ill afford another Klen Dahth II.

Kyrios

Oct 27, 2017
Good to hear the PS5 impressions are positive, will check this out over the weekend for sure. I wonder if the two friends that I played the original game will be getting this since the fun factor shoots the hell up playing with people.

This game has pings though right? My headset isn't holding a charge anymore (probably because I haven't used it in like 3 years) and I need a new one.

JJD

Oct 25, 2017
Anyone playing on Steam pls add me!

I have already added every steam player on the other thread, just two people :-(

Klyka

Oct 25, 2017
Germany
I have no idea. Maybe it wasn't?

Honestly I find the menus kind of a mess, so I have no clue. I saw a 2 somewhere and presumed that was the level the game expected you to be, and didn't see a 1 anywhere so just went for it. Didn't see a difficulty indicator anywhere.
The difficulty is at the bottom on the galactic map and you can just change it. 2 means you were on easy which is above trivial

HStallion

Oct 25, 2017
I was having fun just playing a flag mission alone and didn't start having issues until the last flag. I was down to 0 lives and the GM intervened and gave me another life to try to get the last flag up and get the hell out. I failed them spectacularly.

I'm really curious to hear more stories about the GM interactions and changes to the games.

Klyka

Oct 25, 2017
Germany
Good to hear the PS5 impressions are positive, will check this out over the weekend for sure. I wonder if the two friends that I played the original game will be getting this since the fun factor shoots the hell up playing with people.

This game has pings though right? My headset isn't holding a charge anymore (probably because I haven't used it in like 3 years) and I need a new one.
It has really REALLY good ping system and a wheel for voicelines

Lamptramp

Oct 27, 2017
Germany
First 4 player missions with random people from discords and here and it was just SO MUCH FUN!

Screaming and cackling with laughter 😄

Great playing with you Triggerhappytel Look forward to another round another time

Oct 27, 2017
First 4 player missions with random people from discords and here and it was just SO MUCH FUN!

Screaming and cackling with laughter 😄

Great playing with you Triggerhappytel Look forward to another round another time

You too buddy, that was loads of fun. The extreme chaos is brilliant and the intensity of doing strategems in the middle of it is crazy!

Death to the swarm!

bfLC9NA.gif

Added. I'm 18162468. If other PC players see this add me too, havent' got a multiplayer mission going even once yet.

How do you go into first person mode? That looks dope. I just found out how to buy additional items and armour so I bought a couple of new machine guns, a new cape and a new grenade.

OP
OP
iFirez

iFirez

Oct 25, 2017
England
Wan... You can go first person!?
How do you go into first person mode? That looks dope. I just found out how to buy additional items and armour so I bought a couple of new machine guns, a new cape and a new grenade.
Yep all weapons support first person view and aiming. You can set all weapons to auto-first person in the settings and so they remember if you like them third or first person too depending on how you last used them. I like to personally swap between third person for fast firing weapons against swarms and first person for slower more precise weapons against tougher enemies or small clumps of them.

To access it just click in the stick when holding the trigger for aiming. You can also go to settings and toggle them all to be a certain way.

Here's a couple of other gifs showing first person:
RLZCshx.gif

QTVowly.gif

sazz

Aug 3, 2020
London, UK
I love that there's a bug type that just tries to flank you, I'll be shooting a group infront of me and start getting hit on the sides