Oct 27, 2017
9 hours till MO ends and we'll take the planet in less than 2

Good times divers
90f.png

JoeInky

Oct 25, 2017
Speaking of fomo, the game is in a weird position for me, I want to play the game more because the shooting and character control is fun but everytime I log on I end up not playing or only doing a single mission and going back to other games because the missions are getting pretty stale.

I've been switching up my loadout to try and make it more interesting but the standard missions are just so boring now, I feel like if you're going to have generated content in a game you need more stuff in them that actually changes things up, it feels like playing a roguelike but there's only a couple of things that can be different in each run.

I really want a mission type that is just a single mission endless survival mode on a designed map that contributes like 0.0001 liberation for every 10 minutes survived or something, where you can keep doing it and trying to beat your best time.

If we're going by the logic that super destroyers need to leave low orbit because if their orbit decays too much they won't be able to leave the atmosphere, have it so that they have to leave every x amount of minutes for say 5 minutes and if you all die during that time then it's over, on top of the regular reinforcement limit.

Another idea I had the other day was that it would be cool if they had biome specific enemies, like termanids that have adapted to different climates, or different automaton vehicles like how you got different droids on different planets in the clone wars. But that's a massive amount of work.

Last edited:

coolasj19

Oct 25, 2017
Houston, Texas
Did I miss something? For a couple of days, we were only at 1 or 2 planets defended, and suddenly we got to 8-9?
Not to bring up Joel constantly
But he threw us a bone basically. He started an attack behind a nearly Liberated planet and the Attack immediately died. The last two days the bots have only sent out 1 or 2 attacks at a time so the community was able to focus them much more effectively. It's pretty smart actually. The order was designed to make us lose ground, and yeah, that happened. To staggering effect. But they also handed us a completed Major Order. So we both win.

Fuhgeddit

#TeamThierry
Oct 27, 2017
Speaking of fomo, the game is in a weird position for me, I want to play the game more because the shooting and character control is fun but everytime I log on I end up not playing or only doing a single mission and going back to other games because the missions are getting pretty stale.

I've been switching up my loadout to try and make it more interesting but the standard missions are just so boring now, I feel like if you're going to have generated content in a game you need more stuff in them that actually changes things up, it feels like playing a roguelike but there's only a couple of things that can be different in each run.

I really want a mission type that is just a single mission endless survival mode on a designed map that contributes like 0.0001 liberation for every 10 minutes survived or something, where you can keep doing it and trying to beat your best time.

If we're going by the logic that super destroyers need to leave low orbit because if their orbit decays too much they won't be able to leave the atmosphere, have it so that they have to leave every x amount of minutes for say 5 minutes and if you all die during that time then it's over, on top of the regular reinforcement limit.

Another idea I had the other day was that it would be cool if they had biome specific enemies, like termanids that have adapted to different climates, or different automaton vehicles like how you got different droids on different planets in the clone wars. But that's a massive amount of work.

You are not in the same boat. I haven't played much but getting a little stale for me too. To be honest, I like collecting new guns but it takes awhile. That's OK though because the war bonds are generous. However, I log in to play 1 mission because 40 minute run time for a mission eats up most of my gaming time in the evening and I almost rather pound through some other titles.

Zedelima

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Is anyone else finding the damage in big enemies rather inconsistent?

Sometimes i one shot a titan bile with qsar/spear, other time it takes 5 shots to take it down
Same with automatons biggies like hulks or chargers from the insect side

Is so frustating because it doesnt have a pattern

I read in reddit that if a ps5 player enters in a pc player game the life of them doubles, but tbh i doesnt think is true

Krauser Kat

Oct 27, 2017

Sometimes i one shot a titan bile with qsar/spear, other time it takes 5 shots to take it down

I read in reddit that if a ps5 player enters in a pc player game the life of them doubles, but tbh i doesnt think is true
This game was wildly specific hit boxes of where damage occurs.
For instance the bile titan takes way less damage while spewing because its actual head clips into its back shielding it from damage when it happens. All AT weapons can 2 hit a bile titan.

The rail gun used to negate this because it straight up pierced the bug, and would do damage to each outer body it clipped through.

Barnak

Oct 25, 2017
Canada

For chargers, i can usually kill them in one hit with the Quasar Cannon if I can hit their head. It's probably the only reason I bring this support weapon against bugs. Hitting them or their side or back won't be enough.

Zedelima

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
This game was wildly specific hit boxes of where damage occurs.
For instance the bile titan takes way less damage while spewing because its actual head clips into its back shielding it from damage when it happens. All AT weapons can 2 hit a bile titan.

The rail gun used to negate this because it straight up pierced the bug, and would do damage to each outer body it clipped through.
Will try to time better than and see if helps
It really is not fun taking down 3 titans

For chargers, i can usually kill them in one hit with the Quasar Cannon if I can hit their head. It's probably the only reason I bring this support weapon against bugs. Hitting them or their side or back won't be enough.
Last nigh i hit one with the qsar in the head and it was live and well like nothing happened

Everyone on the team saw it
Thats why we were in doubts about the hit box

Diogo Arez

One Winged Slayer
Oct 20, 2020
Bruh I reached the medal cap without having a way to know and because of it I received 0 medals from the major order 🤡

Mengy

Oct 25, 2017

That's a cool idea.

While I'm still loving the game I'd like some more mission variety too, not just with mission types but with the points of interest and locations on the maps too. Like a few more variations of all the random POI's would be sweet.

I've a good feeling stuff like this is coming, they've had their hands full just keeping up with how popular the launch has been, lol!

Krauser Kat

Oct 27, 2017
Id love a map where you just run.

Helldiver a special vessel has crashed on planet. Follow its crash path and collect all of super earth technology before the bugs/bots use/destroy it it to their advantage. And it just 15 minutes of running for your life, to an escape ship at the end hopefully getting enough things for an honorable ranking.

ruggiex

Oct 27, 2017
Id love a map where you just run.

Helldiver a special vessel has crashed on planet. Follow its crash path and collect all of super earth technology before the bugs/bots use/destroy it it to their advantage. And it just 15 minutes of running for your life, to an escape ship at the end hopefully getting enough things for an honorable ranking.

Doesn't sound that different from our usual lv 9 Blitz mission with 2 ppl lol.

Last edited:

JoeInky

Oct 25, 2017
While we're talking about mission ideas I came up with a fun idea for a mission the other day that could be on Automaton liberation planets.

You're forced to drop on a specific area of the map where a makeshift SEAF forward base is, you can call in a mission specific stratagem while inside this base: a backpack slot stratagem containing timed explosives which are already armed and set to go off in 30 minutes, the exact time an automaton supply train is scheduled to be crossing a bridge at the other side of the map, so the mission involves fighting your way through the maps defenses to get to the bridge and set the explosives before the train gets across the bridge and then return to the base for extraction.

Last edited:

data

Oct 25, 2017
Neat. Seems this was the first time we were successful in a defense MO.

Also still no patch? I'm surprised there's been nothing this week

data

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah I did but that was kinda dumb because I had no idea it capped at such a low value tbh
now you know! 😅
we all had to learn!
(i didn't cause I always spend my medals ASAP kek )

Honestly they should do something for all the caps. Display it on the UI as like a denominator.

Current/ max

I think it shouldn't be too much lift to add something that shows the cap for everything.

"100 / 250 medals "

" 400 / 500 common samples"

"200 / 250 rare samples"

Diogo Arez

One Winged Slayer
Oct 20, 2020
Anyone available to do the 6 orbital barrages at the same time trophy? Only trophy I'm missing for the plat, still waiting for my friend responses but might as well try to see if I can find someone else to help

cosmickosm

Oct 26, 2017
I've been pretty lucky in that I haven't been kicked too often (and I predominantly quickplay). But earlier someone ran right into my line of fire 3 times and dying before having the host kick me. It really irked me but whatever. I know sometimes things get really hectic with the Bots and I know I've ran into friendly fire before, but in the heat of battle shit happens.

Diogo Arez

One Winged Slayer
Oct 20, 2020
Today I got blessed by the fabled 100 Super Credit Random Drop on a planet mission, I was ecstactic, ended up collecting 180 SC in a single mission

data

Oct 25, 2017
Today I got blessed by the fabled 100 Super Credit Random Drop on a planet mission, I was ecstactic, ended up collecting 180 SC in a single mission
Damn, what difficulty are you playing?

Usually I only get 40 max if I'm playing on suicide because there's only like 4 spots with super credit.

WTF is the deal with people not extracting on 9? Clear the whole map and people don't want to leave.
Probably people who just want to farm for exp. Helldive extraction can get chaotic

Diogo Arez

One Winged Slayer
Oct 20, 2020
Damn, what difficulty are you playing?

Usually I only get 40 max if I'm playing on suicide because there's only like 4 spots with super credit.

Probably people who just want to farm for exp. Helldive extraction can get chaotic
Funnily enough I found it on Trivial Difficulty while I was farming samples LMAO

antitrop

Oct 25, 2017
I don't think they're impossible at all, I just don't think they give enough XP for the effort.

1068xp for 5 stars on 9, not as bad as the "Defend 8 Rocket Launches" mission, which only gives like 700. But absolutely not worth it against an Extermination mission or regular 40 minute mission.

EDIT: Well, they are impossible when there are fire tornados.

Last edited:

HelloMeow

Oct 25, 2017
They're not impossible, but they can quickly become impossible depending on RNG and your team.

In this mission there are drop ships, patrols and bot drops called in by patrols. If those line up in a bad spot, it can become impossible. Then stuff keeps spawning at a rate that civilians can't survive.