One Winged Slayer
    Oct 25, 2017
    To those wondering about the DLC items:

Iron Temple Guard (Common): Boost HP 25%
    Circlet of Wisdom (Common): Boost Healing 25%
    Silver Belt (Common): Boost Attack 25%
    Auto-Balancer (Legendary): Stops off-balance when your attacks are blocked
    Glass Memory (Legendary): Reduce aggro by 5% for each auto-hit
    Nopon Strap (Legendary): 10% chance to instantly recharge art that is used.

Interactive Maps (WIP)
  • Astraer

Gamer Guides
    Verified
    Oct 28, 2017
    Hey everyone, We've been working away non-stop at Interactive Maps for this that contains, well, everything pretty much (they're still work in progress so bear with us). You can find the first two here:
    We'll have the full list of all the maps at the following location:
    The map currently contains the following at High resolution with multiple zoom levels.
    • Landmarks and Locations (should help with uncovering the map in-game for you).
    • Unique Enemies (where they are with eventual links on how to beat them)
    • Quests (all quest markers should be here, from standard to hero).
    • NPCs (so it's easier to track them down for Affinity building)
    • Settlements (along with shops and other facilities)
    • Points of Interest (everything from ether channels, skirmishes, climbable walls, etc.)
    • Containers (and their rewards)
    • Soldier Husks
    While we think we have pretty much everything covered, we're still in the process of updating the maps and eventually, our markers will all link up to more detailed information. We'd appreciate any feedback that anyone has so we can improve it further and I hope this is of use to everyone.

View: https://imgur.com/a/lLScfQY

Chain Attack text rundown
  • astro

Oct 25, 2017
    A quick run down of Chain Attacks

- The number above each characters head is how much TP (Tactical Points) they will fill the meter by.
    - You need to reach over 100% on the meter to execute the chosen order.
    - The cast get a TP bonus for using a class relating to their base class. So Noah being an attacker.
    - Once you have completed an Order, the next round will give TP bonuses to any matching class. So if you finish Noah's order, the next round will give attackers a bonus.*
    - Attackers get a TP bonus if you use them first in a round.
    - Healers will cap the guage at 99% which allows you to set up and use a high TP caharacter next to push to 150% or 200%.
    - Defenders will bring back the highest TP character if you end with them, using anyone else will bring back a random character.
    - If you reach 150%, you will bring back 2 characters.
    - If you reach 200%, you will bring back 3 characters.
    - Hero Orders count as a free go, you will not lose any chain attack guage.
    - Keep an eye on the Hero bonuses for extra TP. In the C3 boss fight vs a certain mechanical enemy, Valdi's bonus will net massive points which easily allows you to get to 200%.

How to use Ouroboros Orders

- You need to Progress the story to unlock this feature, it will happen during a boss fight and can't be missed.
    - Start a chain with interlink level 3 and receive an Order right away.
    - Use any two matching Interlink members during the chain.

Try not to use the first way as it will end the Chain, use the second and activate the second Interlink member's order in the final round for a total of 4 rounds without a Hero Order, or 5 Rounds with.

How to hit 150% (Bravo) and 200% (Amazing)

There's a way to ensure you hit Bravo and Amazing almost every single time, in rounds 3-5 at least, but usually 2-5 quite easily.

Depending on hero and team comp (and which hero has which class), you can even hit bravo round 1.

Let's look at an Chain Attack without a hero.

Order 1

- Let's say everyone is their base class type so:

Noah 30 - Attacker
    Mio 25 - Tank
    Eunie 25 - Healer
    Taion 35 - Healer
    Lanz 15 - Tank
    Sena 15 - Attacker

- We know Noah as Swordfighter has break, so we'll try to inflict that first.
    - If possible, we choose Noah's Order (lowers defense) or another Attacker Order first.
    - Choose: Noah (break) - > Eunie -> Mio.
    - At this point we're simply trying to get Noah's TP as high as possible and end with a Tank.
    - Don't choose Taion as your healer here it will risk making him your highest TP.
    - This will get you over 100% for a cool raiting.
    - (If your hero order comes up first, always take it and just try to get past 100 ending with a tank).

Order 2

- This depends on what happened in Order 1.
    - If you managed to break AND you can pick a Tank Order for the TP bonus, then:
    - Noah (who you got back with highest TP) - > Taion -> Lanz Topple.
    - If you manage to topple, it should get you over 150%.
    -- It sometimes won't get 150% even with Tank order AND Topple.
    ----- To manage this, see if you can weave your hero in here for a TP boost, or:
    ----- Don't worry about it as you will be able to easily hit Bravo/Amazing in the following rounds.

- If you couldn't pick a tank, or you didn't Break in Order 1 then calculate:
    ----- Is Noah close enough to 51% that he will easily go over 150% from 99%?
    ----- If he is, then use anyone else to get to 99%, and use Noah to push to 150%.
    ----- If Noah is not close enough, then end with Lanz to get Noah back for Order 3.

Order 3

- Now you will either have Noah back high enough to easily push to 150%-200% in rounds 3-5, or:
    - A combination of characters to easily psuh to 150% or 200% in rounds 3-5.

-

- The above is just a way to look at the base Chain Attack and understand how to claculate, as soon as you add in Heroes you can boost this a lot more.
    - For example: If fighting a mech, always try to take Valdi as he will get a +50 boost every time you use him AND he doesn't cap at 99% as he's a Hero.
    - By weaving your hero into the above, you can easily start to boost the numbers shown using the heroes powers.
    - For example, using the Thaumaturge Hero in Round 2 as your starter will buff everyone else's TP by 10, and you can easily push to 150%.
    - If your party has different classes than their base then you can potentially do even better. For instance, if Taion starts as your attacker then his TP will get higher faster. If he's a Tank, espeically one with topple, then you can use him to hit 150% early AND get back your highest TP.

-

Next time I play, I'll make a note of an optimal Chain Attack and write out what I did to give an example of how to directly put into practise.

EDIT: tidied up formating and added a little.

Last edited:
    Yet another text example play-by-play of a chain attack using base class types
  • astro

Oct 25, 2017
    Not instantly, but I feel my aggro management is usually the culprit as all of a sudden bosses will kill my healers and the rest is history. To combat that, I started focusing aggro reduction skills, gems and accessories but I still feel non-tanks getting wiped is usually my downfall.

Aside from that, I think my dmg output could definitely use some improvement. During the heat of battle I forgot to combo or drop my combos, I don't prioritize fusions because I'm impatient, even tho I understand the chain fundamentals I rarely get anything above "cool", and my ouroboros don't pack a wallop (possibly because I'm bad at leveling their interlinks/using fusions).

I don't have my switch around me at this moment, otherwise I'd post screens of my builds.

There's a way to ensure you hit Bravo and Amazing almost every single time, in rounds 3-5 at least, but usually 2-5 quite easily.

Depending on hero and team comp (and which hero has which class), you can even hit bravo round 1.

Let's look at an Chain Attack without a hero.

Order 1

- Let's say everyone is their base class type so:

Noah 30 - Attacker
    Mio 25 - Tank
    Eunie 25 - Healer
    Taion 35 - Healer
    Lanz 15 - Tank
    Sena 15 - Attacker

- We know Noah as Swordfighter has break, so we'll try to inflict that first.
    - If possible, we choose Noah's Order (lowers defense) or another Attacker Order first.
    - Choose: Noah (break) - > Eunie -> Mio.
    - At this point we're simply trying to get Noah's TP as high as possible and end with a Tank.
    - Don't choose Taion as your healer here it will risk making him your highest TP.
    - This will get you over 100% for a cool raiting.
    - (If your hero order comes up first, always take it and just try to get past 100 ending with a tank).

Order 2

- This depends on what happened in Order 1.
    - If you managed to break AND you can pick a Tank Order for the TP bonus, then:
    - Noah (who you got back with highest TP) - > Taion -> Lanz Topple.
    - If you manage to topple, it should get you over 150%.
    -- It sometimes won't get 150% even with Tank order AND Topple.
    ----- To manage this, see if you can weave your hero in here for a TP boost, or:
    ----- Don't worry about it as you will be able to easily hit Bravo/Amazing in the following rounds.

- If you couldn't pick a tank, or you didn't Break in Order 1 then calculate:
    ----- Is Noah close enough to 51% that he will easily go over 150% from 99%?
    ----- If he is, then use anyone else to get to 99%, and use Noah to push to 150%.
    ----- If Noah is not close enough, then end with Lanz to get Noah back for Order 3.

Order 3

- Now you will either have Noah back high enough to easily push to 150%-200% in rounds 3-5, or:
    - A combination of characters to easily psuh to 150% or 200% in rounds 3-5.

-

- The above is just a way to look at the base Chain Attack and understand how to claculate, as soon as you add in Heroes you can boost this a lot more.
    - For example: If fighting a mech, always try to take Valdi as he will get a +50 boost every time you use him AND he doesn't cap at 99% as he's a Hero.
    - By weaving your hero into the above, you can easily start to boost the numbers shown using the heroes powers.
    - For example, using the Thaumaturge Hero in Round 2 as your starter will buff everyone else's TP by 10, and you can easily push to 150%.
    - If your party has different classes than their base then you can potentially do even better. For instance, if Taion starts as your attacker then his TP will get higher faster. If he's a Tank, espeically one with topple, then you can use him to hit 150% early AND get back your highest TP.

-

Next time I play, I'll make a note of an optimal Chain Attack and write out what I did to give an example of how to directly put into practise.

EDIT: tidied up formating and added a little.

Last edited: