Akumatica

Oct 25, 2017
Tail Concerto was fun, it's by CyberConnect2 and related to Solatorobo. Both of which are expensive to buy used, @ $175-200 each.

7906_front.jpg

146854_front.jpg

Mugy

Oct 28, 2017
This my jam, bloods.

Einhander
Omega Boost
Pandemonium
R-Type Delta
Silent Bomber
The Adventure of Little Ralph
Crisis Beat
Jackie Chan Stuntmaster
Micro Maniacs
Chocobo Racing
Demolition Racer

Sgt. Demblant

Self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
France
Gamera 2000. I picked it up for a laugh thinking it would be trash. Considering how terrible most Godzilla games are, surely this one had to be even worse.
Nope, it's genuinely good. It's actually a Panzer Dragoon clone with hilarious live-action custscenes in the style of the 90s Gamera trilogy. They probably had access to the sets and costumes I imagine. And both the menus and dialogs are in english so it's very import friendly.

tumblr_ow19ernQLT1roqda3o1_640.gif

Tail Concerto was fun, it's by CyberConnect2 and related to Solatorobo. Both of which are expensive to buy used, @ $175-200 each.

7906_front.jpg

146854_front.jpg
Great picks, I love these games. It's too bad they are so niche.

Svejk

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Before GT, Peak Performance was hands down the best driving/racing game out there. Played the ever living piss outta that game!

PSqueak

Oct 25, 2017
Transformers Beast Wars: Transmetals.

It was an average arena fighter, like a precursor to power stone with a fucking awesome rock soundtrack.

tiesto

Oct 27, 2017
Long Island, NY
Well, they get a ton of discussion but were pretty poor sellers, but Suikoden 2 and Valkyrie Profile. 2 of the all time greatest rpgs. Also I loved Guardian's Crusade, a cute kid friendly rpg.

Ravelle

Oct 31, 2017
latest

Not sure if this qualifies or not.

I played this hundreds of hours, such a fantastic game with so much replay value. The sequel that came out a while ago was a it of a bummer with the amount of corners they cut and the need to RnG train and rebirth your digimon.

Also on the side of Digimon World I played Card Battle a lot, it had some crazy debt and some amazing mechanics with card fusions and the items you could combine to get some good stategies.

220px-Digimondigitalcardbattle.jpg

Thrill_house

Oct 27, 2017
Legend of legaia. One of the best RPGs on the system and I don't feel like it got enough love at the time

ChuckStank

Banned
Mar 14, 2018
I was like 14 when I played this and I had no idea how to play the damn game but man did I have fun just flying around.

5124CDJH8VL._SX342_.jpg

Shades

Oct 27, 2017
Tomba!
Jade Cocoon
Jersey Devil
Skullmonkeys
Monster Rancher Battle Card: Episode 2

Cyanity

Oct 25, 2017
Jersey_Devil_PSX.jpg

Played this game so many times as a kid. It had animated cutscenes and a genuinely spooky atmosphere, but the gameplay itself was just kind of run-of-the-mill 3d platforming with some light combat thrown in. I might try emulating it just to see if my nostalgia goggles are on full rose tint or not.

Oct 27, 2017
Vanguard Bandits (SRPG filled with medieval Mecha. It also has multiple endings and branching paths)

I doubt Eternal Eyes still holds up, but Vanguard Bandits deserves more recognition.

Both Versions of the main theme are beautiful, but the English version really gets me going.

Never played this until it randomly showed up on PSN one day. Then I got hooked immediately. The music is so good and I love how dumb some of the characterization is. There's a freaking Yoda that can join you. Definitely one of my favorite games ever.

Aaron D.

Oct 25, 2017
Z10uWJ4.jpg

I always loved Return Fire on Playstation.

It was a single-player capture the flag affair that had you piloting jeeps, tanks, helicopters and such.

Had a killer soundtrack that was classical music with each vehicle type having its own theme (loved Flight of the Bumblebees for the jeep).

Deleted member 11413

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
220px-Vandal_Hearts_Coverart.png

Vandal Hearts is a great SRPG, the mechanics are kind of a fusion between Fire Emblem and Final Fantasy Tactics, where turns are structured player phase->enemy phase and the class system is relatively simple, but battles take place on an isometric grid with elevation and positioning. The main thing it has going for it is the extremely inventing map design, some of the highlights are a map in a desert with a giant sandworm than changes the landscape as it emerges from the sand, and a battle on a moving train where every few turns the last car is detached from the train.

Tayaya

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Came in expecting this to be "Incredible Crsis: The Thread" and am happy to see it get multiple mentions. Did not expect to see PepsiMan mentioned. Horrible game but I have more time into it than I should probably admit - there's just something addictive about it.

Limiting myself to stuff that I haven't seen mentioned yet:

Eretzvaju/EvilZone - an often forgotten fighter that had some really fun gameplay and interesting characters. Played a whole lot of it with one of my high school buddies.

iS: Internal Section - A very slick shooter published by Squaresoft that feels like a bit of a combination between Tempest and Rez. One of the few games that ran in the playstation's hi-res mode (I think Tobal 1/2 did too).

Elemental Gearbolt - A lightgun game with a fantasy theme, beautiful music, and some gorgeous anime styling. Has GunCon support.

ChoroQ Marine: Q-boat - Everyone knows the ChoroQ line of toys and acing games these days. This is pretty much the same thing but with boats! The gameplay was really good though, and in some ways it felt a lot better to play than the car-based games. May be rose colored glasses on the this one, but I remember it fondly.

Buff Beefbroth

Chicken Chaser
Apr 12, 2018
Spider: The Video Game is the first that comes to mind.

There's an absurd amount of underrated, obscure games on the system and it makes me nostalgic as heck. The weird attempts at making sense out of 3D graphics and gameplay are fascinatingly charming to me.

OrangeNova

Oct 30, 2017
Canada

pants

Shinra Employee
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
SLUS-00679-A-ALL.jpg

Trap Gunner!

If you made Bomberman's core gameplay loop into a cyberpunk anime fighting game it would probably play just like Trap Gunner.

If you made Mario Party a 1-on-1 duel to the death set to Power Stone mechanics, it would probably also play like Trap Gunner.

If you made Overwatch into a 2-player MOBA produced by Sega + Atlus, it would probably look like Trap Gunner.

Simply the best.

Paltheos

Oct 25, 2017
Vanguard Bandits (SRPG filled with medieval Mecha. It also has multiple endings and branching paths)

Both Versions of the main theme are beautiful, but the English version really gets me going.

Yup. Fun title published by the defunct Working Designs. Mileage has always varied for allot of folks, but I enjoy their wacky localizations.

Coolsambob

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 27, 2017
Tomba!
Jade Cocoon
Jersey Devil
Skullmonkeys
Monster Rancher Battle Card: Episode 2

Came here to say Jade Cocoon and Jersey Devil. Classics!

There was also a Bug's Bunny and Daffy Duck through time game I was quite fond of.

And not forgetting Rugrats, or ...I want to say Rosco The Firefighter?