• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Strat

Apr 8, 2018
9 dead 16 injured confirmed by police. God rest their souls. Terrible. Absolutely sickening.

cameron

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017

Tux_

Banned
Nov 5, 2017
Yeah... Don't know why these other news outlets were so late.

Fucking shitty, Rest in peace to those killed. Depressing news on a bright sunny day.

Deleted member 2533

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
img_20180423_1647205b5raf.jpg

Gabbo

Oct 25, 2017
CTV with a lot of unnecessary reporting about families trying view the bodies on the street. That doesn't add anything to this.

Deleted member 4247

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Awful. Glad they got the guy alive, no easy way out for him.

(I guess this COULD still be unintentional, but that's looking very unlikely.)

nilbog

Oct 25, 2017
These types of incidents are becoming so much more common. I don't remember so many happening in a 5 year span before.

R.I.P. to the victims :(

Tux_

Banned
Nov 5, 2017
Because our media has a standard and doesn't just report wild speculation. When the police made a statement they reported it. They were not in any way late.

So how did the other source get 9 people killed before everyone else? They got it from the hospital. Which is the best source.

Deleted member 9317

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
New York
I bet there were toddlers in the list of injuries/casualties from the eyewitness saying baby strollers were rammed.

FUCK MAN, this is so heartbreaking. Innocent children, man... :(

Swauny Jones

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
This is awful. Haven't been able to work since the news broke. Just hoping nobody I know is affected here and am praying for those whom have lost friends/family etc.

scotdar

Banned
Dec 10, 2017
So how did the other source get 9 people killed before everyone else? They got it from the hospital. Which is the best source.

Nonsense, victims could be in transit or spread out through several hospitals. Staff at a hospital will focus on one patient at a time, they dont give a shit about the running tally or providing information to the public. A bunch of reporters hassling medical staff is the last thing we need.

Strat

Apr 8, 2018
Much love TorontoERA. I'm peacing, my wife finally got out. She's really shaken up. I feel so heartbroken for our city and everyone who fell victim to this maniac. God help us.

Tukarrs

Oct 27, 2017
It's better to wait and get confirmed numbers from the appropriate authorities. There are too many rumours that get spread around in events like this, which becomes ammo for conspiracy theorists.

Deleted member 2533

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

They probably had a source in the hospital who gave them the number off the record. No way the hospital would report that data b/c of privacy laws. Chances are no other outlets had a sources there so they couldn't get independent confirmation. It's one outlet going out on a limb, the other outlets didn't want to jump.

Gabbo

Oct 25, 2017

Deleted member 2533

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Not sure if it ties in. But G7 meeting going on in Toronto as well

It's actually in Charlevoix, Quebec. But it is some kind of coincidence this happened at the same time.

http://www.cbc.ca/news/politics/g7-ministers-meeting-toronto-1.4630734

A gathering of G7 foreign and security ministers got underway in Toronto on a slightly informal note with Foreign Affairs Minister Chrystia Freeland inviting her counterparts to her home for Sunday brunch.

It was a light, relaxed affair — unlike the heavy agenda the ministers face over the next couple of days in mostly closed-door meetings at the University of Toronto.

UofT main campus is quite far from Yonge and Finch, they'd be unrelated.