• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Shoeless

Oct 27, 2017
Man, Yonge & Finch? This is terrible that this happened, but there's also a part of me that wonders if there's any significance to picking that particular location, rather than right in downtown. North of the 401 is kind of far out from the core.

RealCanadianBro

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
RIP to the victims. I'm damn happy they were able to catch that piece of shit alive.

Also wtf with the people in here pushing for capital punishment. Read a book, it is not a deterrent and does not solve anything.

Bedlam

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Too bad the Canadian judicial system will let him out in 30-40, with the tax payers taking care of his bills. Capital punishment is warranted here, or better yet, fly him over the Pole and drop him out at 30,000 ft for polar bear food.
What kind of stupid rambling am I reading here? Please crawl back into your hole.

Nov 27, 2017
You know nothing of the driver, his motives, and he didn't kill himself or go down with suicide by cop (thankfully).
AT most you know it's a bald guy with evil intentions, that's it

Yes I know. It appears to be an Islamic terrorist attack due to its similarity with all the other attacks of that nature. It might not be. I don't think it's a stretch at all to think that it is however. Not the right time for this anyway I shouldn't have brought it up.

Divvy

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
Man, Yonge & Finch? This is terrible that this happened, but there's also a part of me that wonders if there's any significance to picking that particular location, rather than right in downtown. North of the 401 is kind of far out from the core.
I am wondering about this too. My only thoughts are that it's an area with high amounts of visible minorities

Bedlam

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Also wtf with the people in here pushing for capital punishment. Read a book, it is not a deterrent and does not solve anything.

All it is is the ignorant and short-sighted lust for some kind of revenge. Doesn't help, doesn't solve anything, doesn't deter any criminal and is actually more expensive.

But it is feels over facts for the more simple-minded among us.

Deleted member 9317

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
New York
Wow... He lost it hard. I'm done searching about him, but he lost it HARD.

Edit: you guys are right. I shouldn't get emotional.

Last edited:

-Pyromaniac-

Oct 25, 2017
I still can't get over how random Yonge and finch is. But I guess it's an area that is still very busy without having to deal with downtown nonsense. So might have been a place of convenience for sure...

Deleted member 9317

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
New York
User Warned: Leave the detective work to the authorities.
Fuck Facebook.

I'm done looking him up. You guys are right, most likely cannot be him.

Hey Please

Avenger
Oct 31, 2017
Not America
As a Canadian and ex-Torontonian this is deeply distressing. That said, I could not be more proud of the officer who deliberated in favour of keen observation and restraint instead of shooting him dead (which the perp evidently wanted). This way, salient information can be extracted from him and then he can face appropriate punishment for his crime (hopefully life in prison).

Apathy

Oct 25, 2017
Too bad the Canadian judicial system will let him out in 30-40, with the tax payers taking care of his bills. Capital punishment is warranted here, or better yet, fly him over the Pole and drop him out at 30,000 ft for polar bear food.
Hey look, right wing nut job with bloodlust. Capital punishment is never the answer no matter how bad the crime. Taxes pay regardless and studies have shown it costs more for capital punishment. On top of that he won't just get off, he'll probably never get parole. Geeze I really wish some people never spoke about matters like these

Lord Brady

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
MOD EDIT: Content removed.

The person that was named was "Alek" not "Alex".

Last edited by a moderator:

lunarworks

Oct 25, 2017
Toronto
That video of him trying to provoke the cop into shooting him. Repeatedly making quick motions like he's drawing a gun. The officer showed remarkable clarity and resolve. Nerves of steel.

Earthstrike

Oct 28, 2017
The picture of this alex is similar to the one of both Alek, and of the guy captured in the video. It could be similar. Again, let's just hold off for a second.

Barrel Cannon

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
ughhhh, either way that image is disturbing. Will wait for TPS to go check out the dude's residence and find out more about him.

elty

Oct 31, 2017

Well that area has pedestrians and fairly wide side walk.

Used to live around there. I loved that place other than the expensive real estate.

Edit: the police did a great job there.

Last edited:
Oct 27, 2017
He was obviously going for suicide by cop there, the officer must have realized he did not have a gun and was waving something else.

AlphaTwo

Oct 25, 2017
Toronto
The casualty really is compounded by today being a nice day, and Mel lastman square started opening up food trucks. People lined up there for lunch.

Snails pace getting out of that area. Trying to figure out how to get to work tomorrow, if I even have to.