• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

cameron

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
Driver fled the scene.
CBC News Alerts @CBCAlerts

Several pedestrians struck by white van in Toronto; condition unknown. Police say driver fled the scene. Incident occurred in northern part of city near Yonge and Finch. More details to be posted here as they become available. http://cbc.ca/1.4631564

1:46 PM - Apr 23, 2018

Toronto Police OPS @TPSOperations

UPDATE 1:27 pm, police were called to Yonge Street and Finch Avenue East, for a collision.
A Media Sgt from traffic services is on their way to the scene.
Too early to confirm the number of pedestrians struck or their injuries. More to come.^gl

1:49 PM - Apr 23, 2018

Gabbo

Oct 25, 2017
So is why my fiance called me from work worried I was out and about.
Fucking hell.

Divvy

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
Uhhhh i was just walking up that area, and was wondering why there were a bunch of ambulances rushing through

I hope no one was seriously injured

Proteus

Oct 25, 2017
Toronto
I was literally there about an hour before this happened. I walk there with my friend for lunch everyday. Scary as fuck.

Illest1

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Okay to assume this was a terror attack? Vans/trucks have been used a few times over the last couple years for attacks resembling this.

Divvy

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
Did the van hit people at yonge and finch and empress? or just at empress?

Deleted member 4518

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I'm watching CP24 (local news station here), they're talking to witnesses and asking the dumbest questions. 'We're you scared?'

People just saw others get hit by a van, obviously they're shaken up. This kind of stuff pisses me off so much. People are shaken and rightfully so, why would you ask someone 'were you scared?'

Gabbo

Oct 25, 2017
I'm watching CP24 (local news station here), they're talking to witnesses and asking the dumbest questions. 'We're you scared?'

People just saw others get hit by a van, obviously they're shaken up. This kind of stuff pisses me off so much. People are shaken and rightfully so, why would you ask someone 'were you scared?'
CP24 is not a bastion of good reporting. Expect better coverage from CTV proper or CBC

asmith906

Oct 27, 2017
Considering the sheer number of people hit it'd be hard to assume it wasn't done on purpose.

gcwy

Oct 27, 2017
Houston, TX
Hope there aren't any casualties. Why are cars still a thing in big cities? God, I can't wait till we get rid of them, hopefully in my lifetime.

Magnus

Oct 25, 2017
Just found about this. Horrible. Really hitting close to home. =/

Agreed. Garbage reporting on CP24. Not the first time. I'm always stunned at how these people perform when they're off-script and live.

FriskyCanuck

Oct 25, 2017
Toronto, Canada
Just found about this. Horrible. Really hitting close to home. =/

Agreed. Garbage reporting on CP24. Not the first time. I'm always stunned at how these people perform when they're off-script and live.
They're so used to running boring human interest stories all day that any time something important or interesting happens they stumble around or defer to CTV.

Gabbo

Oct 25, 2017
I should not have looked at facebook. Justin Trudeau and muslims getting the brunt of the blame already