CeroMiedo

Oct 26, 2017
the real answer

180px-MnL2_BabyMario.png
OMG,I fucking hate this kid,he is even worse than Ashley from RE4

WestEgg

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Seems like a lot of people here are bracing for the inevitable reveal trailer of Daisy's Smash incarnation. Looking forward to it myself! Daisy seems like the kind of person who would not give a hoot about whether she has "lore" or not, as long as she gets to beat you in tennis :D

latest
Yoshi. He is just butt ugly, and he either acts all babby like and actually has no real personality other than eating fruit. Don't get why he is so popular...still salty at how much love he gets!

"Yeah, I guess Daisy isn't so ba-"
*reads Spoiler*

Oh. So now it's fighting time.

yoshi-artwork-mad.jpg

EDIT: read what I'm replying to. I like Yoshi!

Last edited:

Metallix87

User Requested Self-Ban
Banned
Nov 1, 2017
Honestly, at this point, Pauline should replace Daisy in the Mario Kart and Mario Sports titles.

Oct 25, 2017
What the fuck?! How can anyone not like Rosalina? Did you not read that storybook in Galaxy?

Heartless bastards!

But seriously, not counting the baby characters, the answer is those fucking Broodals. Terrible characters in an all-time great game. Daisy? Is that a real answer or are you all trying to get a rise out of Memoryman3? Come on.

Broodals. Lock that answer in.

Actually I also accept as answers Angry Sun, Phanto, and maybe Birdo, but actually I kinda like Birdo so no to that last one.

EinBear

Oct 27, 2017
All those roster-padding trash characters from Mario Kart. Things like Pink Gold Baby Peach and what have you that stand in the way of the Super Smash Kart that everyone really wants deep down.

Servbot24

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Waluigi is alright. Daisy is completely pointless to the point that being a fan of hers just strikes me as very weird.

Roslina is okay, but again it's weird how people become such huge fans of her.

raterpillar

Banned
Nov 12, 2017
Not the worst, but Yoshi is probably the biggest missed opportunity. He's a frog crossed with a sort of rideable dinosaur thing. That should be an easy slam dunk but he has a pretty unappealing design.

I don't like the characters who are obvious derivatives - Daisy, Bowser Jr, the Koopalings, Rosalina etc. Wario and Luigi have justified themselves over time. Waluigi is kind of ok because he's such a joke.

I also don't like Fuzzies as far as regular enemies go - they look like placeholder art.
Those spiky mouse things in 3d world can fuck off too.

Not a character, but please stop using purple liquid as a hazard. It just looks hideous and it's omnipresent in Mario games for some reason.

Acido

Oct 31, 2017
Daisy is the only Nintendo female character with a personality, so I'm not surprised she gets a lot of hate.

"D."

Oct 30, 2017
[QUOTE="

yoshi-artwork-mad.jpg
[/QUOTE]

You know what, I'll throw myself to the fire and agree. He went from being my main on SNES Mario Kart to being annoying as fuck every since they gave him a voice. If he had just stayed mute or had given him dinosaur voices or something it wouldn't be so bad but from playing so much Smash over the years and each installment, If I ever hear "BADING-POP!!" again I'm going to raise ALL Nifleheim

Jawmuncher

Crisis Dino
Oct 25, 2017
Ibis Island
I don't count the babies or the Rose-Gold characters and such.
Since those should automatically be counted as bad.

I didn't say less. Same amount is not less. Daisy is just a non-character. She may as well be an alternate outfit for Peach.

This always comes up. But people seem to miss the reason for this is the character hasn't been offered anything of substance. Waluigi is the same way. Both of these characters have nothing but Mario Party and Sports Games to live off of. You give them better appearances they can become better characters.

Red Arremer

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Honestly, at this point, Pauline should replace Daisy in the Mario Kart and Mario Sports titles.

I don't mind Daisy (or Rosalina for that matter) to have more female characters on the roster. In fact, instead of Pauline replacing her, simply add her, and also bring in Captain Syrup cause she deserves the spotlight, bring back Honey Queen and Dixie from older spin-offs. I'd even take Madame Broodal and Harriet.
And axe Pink Gold Peach, Cat Peach, Baby Daisy and Baby Rosalina instead. Baby Peach can stay cause she at least was in Yoshi DS and Mario & Luigi games.

Pokemaniac

Oct 25, 2017
If I ever see another fully generic paper Toad again, it will have been too soon. Those things are one of the bigger factors sucking all the personality out of modern Paper Mario.

Berordn

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
NoVA
Waluigi and Daisy are both terrible, but at least Waluigi has transcended to suave asshole and Daisy is uh... Well okay, Daisy's still terrible.

But the babies are completely unnecessary and honestly disappointing to see pop up alongside their normal counterparts. They're fine in the games that make sense (Yoshi's Island, etc.) but I don't get why we have to rip the fabric of space time just to throw bombs at them in go karts.

Keyouta

The Wise Ones
Oct 25, 2017
Canada
I agree that Daisy and Waluigi don't add much to the games. Though the Waluigi Pinball stage in Mario Kart is pretty good.

Richietto

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
North Carolina
At least Waluigi has become that spin-off character thats super strange with a mysterious background and very charming and weird behavior. Daisy is just.... There.....

king_kerry

Avenger
Oct 30, 2017
What's wrong with all of you picking Yoshi, Luigi, Rosalina. They have at least representation; somewhat of a character.

Koopa Kid on the other hand has no right being near any game:
latest

Deleted member 873

User requested account closure
Oct 25, 2017
A Daisy thread.

The character was dead the moment they didn't follow her dark skinned models from Melee and Tennis 64.

She doesn't have a reason to exist.

WestEgg

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
300px-rosalina_mp10x3rsu.png

Rosalina easily takes the cake as the worst Mario character. She's a princess that has been handed the world despite doing not much of anything deserving of it.
While poor Daisy and Waluigi have to claw their way for representation in other mario games. Rosalina being able to get into games so easily because she
has some hair that covers her eye is just disheartening.

She has a good design, sympathetic backstory, and assists Mario by lending him her space fortress rather playing damsel in distress. She also may or may not be some kind of godlike being judging by the end of Galaxy. That puts her well above characters that exist to pad out sport game rosters.

Berordn

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
NoVA
What's wrong with all of you picking Yoshi, Luigi, Rosalina. They have at least representation; somewhat of a character.

Koopa Kid on the other hand has no right being near any game:
latest

I mean, they learned their lesson and ditched Koopa Kid a while ago. He's replaced by Bowser Jr. in top 100 and he's as you said, somewhat of a character.

WorldofMiku

attempted ban circumvention by using an alt
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I like Daisy and I use her in every opportunity.

But she desperately needs to be playable or have her own story in a non-sports Mario game.

hotcyder

Oct 28, 2017
Waluigi and Daisy are creatively bankrupt. The former because he was designed to be a doubles partner for Wario and wasn't given any fleshing out from there, the latter because it's recoloured Peach (well, greyscale based on Super Mario Land).

Rose Gold Baby Princess Peach feels like they needed another character in the roster and they had already written the metal shader for the cars they were using on Metal Mario.

They're at their best when they do something different to Mario. Weeg has higher jumps and slides like Slippin' Jimmy, Toad is hench and fast, Peach can float, Wario is a linebacker. Same applies to Sonic's cast of furry friends.

Jawmuncher

Crisis Dino
Oct 25, 2017
Ibis Island
She has a good design, sympathetic backstory, and assists Mario by lending him her space fortress rather playing damsel in distress. She also may or may not be some kind of godlike being judging by the end of Galaxy. That puts her well above characters that exist to pad out sport game rosters.

Still falls back on her being given the world on her first appearance. If only other Mario characters got the same amount of effort she did with her first appearance.
I want to see other characters given that sort of treatment so we can better compare "bad" and "good".

Skittzo

Oct 25, 2017
People saying Yoshi are clearly missing a soul.

The real answer is Metal Mario. That asshole would not only win basically every hole in Mario Golf (on N64), he would taunt you by slanting his putts like 75 degrees away from the hole just to sink a weirdly sloping putt.

Metallix87

User Requested Self-Ban
Banned
Nov 1, 2017
A Daisy thread.

The character was dead the moment they didn't follow her dark skinned models from Melee and Tennis 64.

She doesn't have a reason to exist.
Bingo.

If Nintendo were smart, they should make a new mainline Mario game set in Sarasaland and have her featured prominently. Bring back her tan skin, establish her as an actual character, and differentiate her from Peach.

Status
Not open for further replies.