• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

CoolestSpot

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I feel like people have been attacking Waluigi, a character who if you don't like at least has a personally and adds something, which is a bit misguided. I mean, there are actual characters who don't offer anything to the series.

For example:
latest

This waste of space. Originally created as an extra princess of an alien-attacked desert world (which, yeah that sounds dope, but apparently her kingdom has more personality then her), Daisy now just appears so Luigi can have someone to smooch. She's not even like Dixie Kong (who is part of Marioverse even if she didn't originate in it) as Dixie has a feisty spunky personality and has led her own games even. But Daisy, oh Daisy, she occasionally is given some invitations to race a kart or join a party, because Mario found her in that castle all those years ago.

It just sucks cause she could of been something, but with Rosalina here I doubt anyone will ever try to develop and "save" her character. If you can think of more of a wasted spot in Mario lore you can try, but none get the attention of not-Peach as Daisy does.

KRBM

Banned
Jan 9, 2018
Daisy is the "ceci n'est pas un pipe" of video game characters. She has the personality of a character model, vacant on the inside.

OP
OP
CoolestSpot

CoolestSpot

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Both Daisy and Waluigi. Absolute bottom of the barrel Sonic-and-his-shitty-friends stuff. Designs are also very uninspired and honestly if one day they simply disappeared from all Mario games I wouldn't even notice.

I don't get Wailugi being uninspired design-wise. He's distinct from Mario bros or Wario, and he has a personality all his own. Unlike color swap princess up there.

Blade24070

Oct 26, 2017
Lol at people saying Icon Daisy and the amazing Waluigi when trash like Toad is cloned 10000 times and shoved down our throats at any and all opportunity.

Metallix87

User Requested Self-Ban
Banned
Nov 1, 2017
It's just Daisy. I'm still disappointed that Super Mario 3D Land on 3DS didn't feature her and Sarasaland as a means to revitalize her as a character.

GustyGardner

Oct 27, 2017
Paper Mario: Colour Splash made me despise Toads. And I hated them enough already. It also lowered my opinion on Shy Guys but God, I hate Toads.

Conor419

Banned
Nov 26, 2017
London
Every time I think of Waluigi I gag up a little. He has no reason to exist and honestly, his design is just plain gross? IDK, it never sits well with me.

That's kind of the point of Waluigi though, he's a reflection in a hall of mirrors. He's a lost character, hence why he's been so popular with the younger generations.

memoryman3

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Seems like a lot of people here are bracing for the inevitable reveal trailer of Daisy's Smash incarnation. Looking forward to it myself! Daisy seems like the kind of person who would not give a hoot about whether she has "lore" or not, as long as she gets to beat you in tennis :D

latest
Yoshi. He is just butt ugly, and he either acts all babby like and actually has no real personality other than eating fruit. Don't get why he is so popular...still salty at how much love he gets!

Rayman not Ray

Self-requested ban
Banned
Feb 27, 2018
A tie between Geno and Mallow. I personally never understood all the love for the characters. To me, it was immediately clear that they were added to pad out the party. They just don't have the personality or the timeless design of the core Mario characters. I always liked the characters invented for the Paper Mario series and the Superstar Saga games much more.

OP
OP
CoolestSpot

CoolestSpot

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Seems like a lot of people here are bracing for the inevitable reveal trailer of Daisy's Smash incarnation. Looking forward to it myself!

Yoshi. He is just butt ugly, and he either acts all babby like and actually has no real personality other than eating fruit. Don't get why he is so popular...still salty at how much love he gets!

What warp pipe did you come out of? Such hate in your heart.

halcali

Banned
Nov 7, 2017
Hong Kong SAR
wow, what can I say...

Daisy was also featured in Nintendo comic books, and they were mostly fantastic (full of nostalgia).
+ Super Mario Land, Strikers 1 & 2, Mario Kart, etc..

I think you guys are a bit harsh

RoadDogg

Oct 27, 2017
Outside of mass produced npcs like the generic toads in the recent paper mario games, I hate Rosalina the most. She was tolerable in the Galaxy games as a lesser Peach fill in, but she ever since being playable in games she quickly became hated. I think 3D world pushed her over the edge since she plays horrible and is forced on you late game and makes you replay the entire game again with her.

I would say baby characters are worse since they are 100% wastes of space in every game they are in, but 3D world made Rosalina edge them out

Telpis

Banned
Jan 17, 2018
Nobody mentioned Toadette that's good I love toadette she is my favorite character I play as her in all the sports and karting games

Carry on

memoryman3

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
wow, what can I say...

Daisy was also featured in Nintendo comic books, and they were mostly fantastic (full of nostalgia).
+ Super Mario Land, Strikers 1 & 2, Mario Kart, etc..

I think you guys are a bit harsh

Oh yes, I saw her in that comic where she gloated about being in the Mario movie but Peach wasn't...and she was literally driving a kart with a Daisy otaku fan.

unicornKnight

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 27, 2017
Athens, Greece
I don't get Daisy hate. For me is Waluigi, never understood the point of adding him. Also Mini Bowser, we had already the kids from SMB3 why add a thing that looks like Baby Bowser.

sir_crocodile

Oct 25, 2017
A tie between Geno and Mallow. I personally never understood all the love for the characters. To me, it was immediately clear that they were added to pad out the party. They just don't have the personality or the timeless design of the core Mario characters. I always liked the characters invented for the Paper Mario series and the Superstar Saga games much more.

Geno fires a beam though

BEAM

Status
Not open for further replies.