Steamy Manatee

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 18, 2022
finally! Who will Genshin Impact fans assassinate now after last year they destroyed Sonic fans?

ps: voted for Octopath Traveler 2

Conkerkid11

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Current rankings and rounded vote totals
[Hidden content]
Dunno how you're doing things, but I made a dumb little Python script:

Python:
import requests

# Retreive votes via Game Awards API
headers = {
    "user-agent": "Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 10.0; Win64; x64) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/119.0.0.0 Safari/537.36"
}
votes_response = requests.request(
    "GET", "https://thegameawards.com/api/stats/bracket", headers=headers)
game_votes = votes_response.json()["cG9zdDozNzk2"]["cG9zdDozNzk3"]

game_names = {
    "cG9zdDo3NTc5": "Alan Wake 2",
    "cG9zdDo3ODE5": "Apex Legends",
    "cG9zdDo3NzE0": "Armored Core VI: Fires of Rubicon",
    "cG9zdDo3NTgx": "Baldur's Gate 3",
    "cG9zdDo3NTUy": "Counter-Strike 2",
    "cG9zdDo3NjM1": "Cyberpunk 2077: Phantom Liberty",
    "cG9zdDo3Nzk5": "Destiny 2",
    "cG9zdDo3NjA0": "Diablo IV",
    "cG9zdDo3Njk0": "Final Fantasy XVI",
    "cG9zdDo3ODE2": "Fortnite",
    "cG9zdDo3ODE1": "Genshin Impact",
    "cG9zdDo4Mjk2": "GTA Online",
    "cG9zdDo3Nzc1": "Hi-Fi Rush",
    "cG9zdDo4MzAw": "Hogwarts Legacy",
    "cG9zdDo3NzQy": "Honkai: Star Rail",
    "cG9zdDo3NTUw": "League of Legends",
    "cG9zdDo3Njkz": "Lies of P",
    "cG9zdDo3NzA0": "Marvel's Spider-Man 2",
    "cG9zdDo4Mjk4": "Minecraft",
    "cG9zdDo3Njg0": "Mortal Kombat 1",
    "cG9zdDo3Nzk3": "No Man's Sky",
    "cG9zdDo4MzA0": "Octopath Traveler II",
    "cG9zdDo3NTg1": "Resident Evil 4",
    "cG9zdDo3NzAy": "Star Wars Jedi: Survivor",
    "cG9zdDo3Njkx": "Starfield",
    "cG9zdDo3Njgx": "Street Fighter 6",
    "cG9zdDo3NjQ3": "Super Mario Bros. Wonder",
    "cG9zdDo3NjQ5": "The Legend of Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom",
    "cG9zdDo3NTQ4": "Valorant",
    "cG9zdDo4MzAy": "Warframe"
}

# Sort everything and print
for i, game in enumerate(sorted(game_votes.items(), key=lambda game: game[1], reverse=True)):
    print(f"{i+1}. {game_names[game[0]]}, Votes: {game[1]}")

Last edited:

StarPhlox

Oct 25, 2017
Wisconsin
Mad that Pikmin 4 and Sea of Stars aren't on this 😤 but it was still easy to find 10 other games (that actually came out this year) that I think are great so whatever 🤷‍♀️

AEF1907

Fallen Guardian Corrupted by Vengeance
Dec 18, 2021
If a Hoyoverse game wins it should be at least Star Rail, need those Jades for Ruan Mei

Melody

Oct 28, 2017
Surprised Zelda isn't closer but I assume they'll block out votes being visible soon enough.

Lump

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Justice for Octopath II, Partitio is character of the year, the soundtrack is the best of the year, and it's easily the best JRPG of the year.

RGamer2009

Oct 28, 2017
Pizza Tower isnt listed here and it makes me very sad. It would have surprised people how far it got in the votings

AtmaPhoenix

Oct 25, 2017
The Internet
Voted for Alan Wake 2, FF16, Octopath Traveler 2, Spider-Man 2, Baldur's Gate 3, and Super Mario Bros Wonder.

Then I chipped in for Hi-Fi Rush, Armored Core 6, and Street Fighter 6 as even though I haven't played them they deserve accolades.

Deleted member 3038

Oct 25, 2017
Unrounded votes:

Hidden content
You need to reply to this thread in order to see this content.

FinKL

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Signed up, just to give Street Fighter and Hi Fi Rush the much deserved votes they need!

Jun 2, 2019
Wait, Genshin Impact isn't winning again??? Yes, there is still hope!

Also I know people like the new DLC, but I definitely didn't expect to see Cyberpunk in second place over Zelda.

Anyway, not a bad list so far (I'm surprised Lies of P is that high). Just keep the wizard game out of the top 10

wafflebrain

Oct 27, 2017
Nice to see Phantom Liberty getting love in the votes. Now if only the VA for Songbird got a nom for best performance :/

Deleted member 3038

Oct 25, 2017
cVEuL9.png

squidward-crazy-insane-psycho-sweaty-gif-7518132.gif

now this makes me laugh

Mario_Bones

Oct 31, 2017
Australia
where the fuck is exoprimal
jesus fucking christ geoff
first the world premiere intro, now this?
Exo got snubbed big time. To not even get nominated and not even put up for consideration in the fan vote is dirty.

I'm confused why there's so many games that released years ago in there, what is the point of this award lmao. There's a bunch of prominent games that released this year that aren't in the list, they don't need to pad it out. And putting TERF Wizard in there sucks.

Khanimus

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Greater Vancouver
Alan Wake 2
Hi-Fi Rush
Baldur's Gate 3
AC6
Mario Wonder
Tears of the Kingdom
RE4
Jedi Survivor
Octopath 2
Lies of P

Putting the stupid wIzard game here is like a proclamation for losers with no taste

Kittenz

Oct 28, 2017
Minneapolis
Vote for Hi-Fi Rush! That and Lies of P are the only new IP this year on that list. (And Honkai Starrail? Or is that extension of Genshin IP? Anyway.) Out of 30. That's sad.

Conkerkid11

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Vote for Hi-Fi Rush! That and Lies of P are the only new IP this year on that list. (And Honkai Starrail? Or is that extension of Genshin IP? Anyway.) Out of 30. That's sad.
What's the significance of new IP? This sounds similar to being disappointed that a remake was nominated, even though it's a fantastic remake, is basically an entirely new game, and for most people playing it, is probably the first version of the game they've ever played.

What's wrong with sequels? What new IP is missing from this list that you'd like to have seen? I'm more disappointed in all of the GAAS in this list than anything. And it seems like most of the people voting agree based on the current results.

Deleted member 3924

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
10 votes? a lot of those are going to the same 5 at least. Unless the one I picked first has more weight?

JMS

Jul 22, 2022
10 votes? a lot of those are going to the same 5 at least. Unless the one I picked first has more weight?
They do this every year, 10 picks out of 30 first, then you can pick 5 out of those 10 for the second round and eventually 1 winner out of the last 5 that gets announced on stage. Every vote weighs the same