OP
Blackbird

Blackbird

Unshakable Resolve - Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
Brazil

JMS

Jul 22, 2022
No way Honkai and Genshin came back from not even top 20 to kicking out FFX and Hi-Fi rush from the top 10

BrickArts295

GOTY Tracking Thread Master
Oct 26, 2017
There's no way legacy of mediocrity is better than final fantasy 16 or Jedi survivor. Like who the fuck is voting for it?!
I assume it has a large backing from the fans of the IP in general. Lot of them weren't happy with the lack of noms. Gonna make for an awkward moment for Geoff if it ends up winning (which I doubt it will but who know after last year).

Moara

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
There's no way legacy of mediocrity is better than final fantasy 16 or Jedi survivor. Like who the fuck is voting for it?!
I'm sure there are edgelords rallying behind the wizard game as some sort of anti-wokeness protest lol. Otherwise I can't see anyone unironically thinking that game is anything but mediocre taking any culture war bullshit out of the equation.

Lady Gaia

Oct 27, 2017
Seattle
No Octopath 2

Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

It obviously had its fans but not everyone loved it – and for perfectly valid reasons in my view. I found it mildly less annoying than the first entry, but it certainly won't make my personal top ten for the year. The narrowed down list is a pretty good cross-section of the games I've seen broad enthusiasm for, which tracks well with expectations. I believe the process is working very much as intended.

Conkerkid11

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
If Genshin wins, I really hope that Hoyo doesn't give out primogems, and if they do, their games should be excluded from next year's vote. They're an excellent developer, and the post-release content for Genshin has been incredible, but they won the vote last year without promising anything to their players. They should be able to win without people being able to accuse them of basically cheating.

Gonna make for an awkward moment for Geoff if it ends up winning (which I doubt it will but who know after last year).
Then they shouldn't have put it in the Player's Choice. It literally wasn't nominated for anything. There's no reason it should've been in round 1.

Jul 24, 2018
Octopath and Hi-Fi falling off while Wizard bollocks is still on there let alone Genshin Impact is why democracy simply doesn't work.

StarPhlox

Oct 25, 2017
Wisconsin
While a lot of games I love got removed in this round there were 5 games that will make my personal top 10 for the year and got my vote

TOTK
Resident Evil 4
Spider-Man 2
Alan Wake II
Baldur's Gate 3

In that order for me

Reckheim

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
The game sold something like 25m copies, i'm sure even if a small percentage of those people think the game deserves it; it will make a difference in the voting.

(not that I think it deserves it, but just pointing out a ton of people played it so that will make a difference compared to other games that didn't sell as well).

Saito Hikari

Jul 3, 2021
I assume it has a large backing from the fans of the IP in general. Lot of them weren't happy with the lack of noms. Gonna make for an awkward moment for Geoff if it ends up winning (which I doubt it will but who know after last year).
It's not going to win. Chances are high that if it makes it into the top five or higher with Genshin still there, some chuds are going to repeat the exact same mistake the Sonic fanbase did last year.

Chairmanchuck (另一个我)

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
China
If Genshin wins, I really hope that Hoyo doesn't give out primogems, and if they do, their games should be excluded from next year's vote. They're an excellent developer, and the post-release content for Genshin has been incredible, but they won the vote last year without promising anything to their players. T

Did they actually promise the playerbase primos for winning this time either or are people just expecting it?

Conkerkid11

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Did they actually promise the playerbase primos for winning this time either or are people just expecting it?
I think people are just expecting it. But like I said, it's hard to say, considering they won last time without promising anything.

Edit: Oh, when did they first win? Was it 2021? I'm seeing Reddit threads from last year encouraging players to vote for them because in 2021, they rewarded players after they had won. That sucks. They really shouldn't be being nominated for player's choice.

RockmanBN

Visited by Knack - One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Cornfields
Guess Honkai also invited themselves in.

I just voted for the 5 GOTY nominees. All the fun stuff was already kicked out/not nominated.

Chairmanchuck (另一个我)

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
China
I mean did they do it? Both games are still some of the biggest games on the world now so even without primos, I dont think it would be that far off that people vote for them.

Divvy

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
It's an internet popularity contest, some of y'all are taking it too seriously