Tubi

Nov 19, 2023
#JusticeForOctopathTravelerII indeed.

The fact that the snoozefest that is Sea of Stars got nominated for RPG of the Year over it still baffles me.

Last edited:

demu

AVALANCHE
Oct 26, 2017
Germany
Man, I must have dreamt that Theatrhythm: Final Bar Line came out this year and absolutely ruled.

Jun 17, 2023
Elysia's Loving Embrace
It's because Hoyo gives a pittance of premium currency if it wins.
Eh, I don't remember Hoyo giving out rewards for Player's Voice last year; I think they only gave out rewards for the nominations (might have misremembered). Most people thought they would also give out rewards when they won Player's Voice, but they didn't.

Don't know how it would turn out this year now that everyone knows they don't give out rewards for Player's Voice. Plus, there's also Star Rail there. Imagine the chaos.

Last edited:

Neoxon

Spotlighting Black Excellence - Diversity Analyst
Oct 25, 2017
Houston, TX
I voted for...
  1. Tears of the Kingdom
  2. Baldur's Gate 3
  3. Street Fighter 6
  4. Mario Wonder
  5. Spidey 2
  6. Alan Wake 2
  7. RE4 Remake
  8. Armored Core 2
  9. Hi-Fi Rush
  10. Octopath Traveler 2

Bodhi

Oct 5, 2022
I played 6 games from the list, yet I don't feel strongly enough to vote for any. Strange feeling.

Lobster Roll

signature-less, now and forever™
Sep 24, 2019
Also, just in general, I'd parse this list even further down or make replacements. There are so many great games that released this year that it's silly to include most of the options. Like straight-up, get rid of the following at a minimum:

- APEX LEGENDS
- CYBERPUNK 2077
- DESTINY 2
- FORTNITE
- GENSHIN IMPACT
- GTA ONLINE
- LEAGUE OF LEGENDS
- MINECRAFT
- VALORANT

- WARFRAME

Plum

May 31, 2018
BG3 will surely take this...as well as the critic award
Ya'll need to stop assuming BG3 is the 'default winner' because the shitstorm that'll ensue if those expectations aren't met, and BG3 doesn't take both these awards, could be massive.

And honestly I'm not sure it'll be much better if it does win both

Last edited:

Cruxist

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
The usual suspects will take this, but I'd honestly vote for Lies of P. Came out of nowhere and blew me away.

doops.

Jun 3, 2020
An indie game was your favourite game of the year? Get outta here

Go support a corporation like a normal person

I'm not seeing an /s here...

f63ed4353608ac2c6080fdafedd60865.jpg

Otakunofuji

Oct 27, 2017
If the Game Awards are just a popularity contest (and that's OK) then aren't all of the awards player's voice since the media just votes for whatever got them the most hits?

Neverx

Prophet of Truth - One Winged Slayer
Sep 17, 2020
Florida
How Pikmin 4 not here lmao. Gonna vote for Armored Core 6 though since it got robbed with only 1 nom but let's be honest Genshin or Honkai are gonna somehow win the whole poll again.

Jaded Alyx

Oct 25, 2017
Jul 4, 2023
Ya'll need to stop assuming BG3 is the 'default winner' because the shitstorm that'll ensue if those expectations aren't met, and BG3 doesn't take both these awards, could be massive.

I'm over the BG3 stans pushing the game so hard. It's really a coin flip for either BG3 or TOTK, one isn't more deserving over the other. As it should be, they're both excellent games and it's just going to come down to splitting hairs.

Damn Silly

Oct 25, 2017
Threw in votes for Alan Wake 2, Hi-Fi Rush and Lies Of P, though I don't think any of 'em have a shot.

Moara

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
guess this is the "genshin impact wins for free in-game pennies" category

Deleted member 14089

Oct 27, 2017
Wtf is this category? Why are their older GAAS games in there?

Where is Turbo Overkill?

It's just personal GOYT, a lil fan thing, that's primarily skewed to be a popularity contest :p
Otherwise GAAS games such as Minecraft, No Man's Sky, Warframe would not make the cut ye 😎

Deleted member 14089

Oct 27, 2017
Also ☝️
🤓
, I think games that have more than 4 nominations should not be included.

Dlanor A. Knox

▲ Legend ▲
Apr 6, 2018
Eh, I don't remember Hoyo giving out rewards for Player's Voice last year; I think they only gave out rewards for the nominations (might have misremembered). Most people thought they would also give out rewards when they won Player's Voice, but they didn't.

Don't know how it would turn out this year now that everyone knows they don't give out rewards for Player's Voice. Plus, there's also Star Rail there. Imagine the chaos.

ohErVZa.png

Deleted member 36578

Dec 21, 2017
Poor Pikmin 4. Might end up being one of the most overlooked games of 2023.