• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

sappyday

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Only 3 episodes and I can tell there is a drop in quality. Characters being dumb especially Hughie who became the least likeable character for me.

Speevy

Oct 26, 2017
I think they're going to come up with a lot of silly reasons why Homelander and Stormfront don't just rip everyone apart who walks in front of them.

Speevy

Oct 26, 2017
That's a lot of bullshit. This show benefits from the binge-watching and since it was so successful, it needs 10 episodes.

Septimus Prime

EA
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
I think they're going to come up with a lot of silly reasons why Homelander and Stormfront don't just rip everyone apart who walks in front of them.
Homelander seems to have some sort of deal where he won't harm Butcher. It clearly doesn't extend to the others, but at the same time I don't think he cares all that much about them regardless.

Last edited:

Chrome Hyena

Oct 30, 2017
I was also going ot ask. Homelander seems, well fairly invincible, so how will The Boys ever compete? He killed his own "weakness" it seemed. And I just can't see Butcher willingly taking Compound V, considering his utter disdain for Supes in the show. Unless it was promised it'd give him enough power to kill Homelander, maybe then.

hordak

Oct 31, 2017
Anaheim, CA
Hey, it's that budget Daredevil
"Hey Marvel, fuck you!"
Daredevil reference for sure but I feel like his attire and such made me think of a Robin.
well yeah it's daredevil's powers but with a pluck young Robin-like attitude. Both of which would die instantaneously if they actually tried to fight crime. I mean, how does Robin or Daredevil not get killed immediately. Just shoot them.

Eeyore

User requested ban
Banned
Dec 13, 2019
I was also going ot ask. Homelander seems, well fairly invincible, so how will The Boys ever compete? He killed his own "weakness" it seemed. And I just can't see Butcher willingly taking Compound V, considering his utter disdain for Supes in the show. Unless it was promised it'd give him enough power to kill Homelander, maybe then.

Having not read the comics I assume only someone like his son could actually kill him since they're on the same power level.

I really liked that aspect of Season 1, them figuring out Translucent's weakness and was interested to see more of that.

Septimus Prime

EA
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
What exactly is Black Noir's power set? Originally I thought he was Batman, but no. He clearly at least has super strength and regeneration.

Ninhead

Drive-in Mutant
Avenger
Nov 18, 2017
Homelander seems to have some sort of deal where he won't have Butcher. It clearly doesn't extend to the others, but at the same time I don't think he cares all that much about them regardless.
I'm pretty sure part of the deal that
Becca Butcher mentions to the Doctor is that Homie can't kill Butcher

May 10, 2018
That's a lot of bullshit. This show benefits from the binge-watching and since it was so successful, it needs 10 episodes.
Well it was only 8 before so they seem to prefer that number, and being weekly isn't so bad for a show like this.

it's not 22-24 episodes with a bunch of breaks in between. It will be done the first full week of October.

Apr 19, 2018

Well it was only 8 before so they seem to prefer that number, and being weekly isn't so bad for a show like this.

Plus, like the first season, episodes appear to be running close to a full hour each, so at least they pack in quite a bit with that eight count.

Chrome Hyena

Oct 30, 2017
What exactly is Black Noir's power set? Originally I thought he was Batman, but no. He clearly at least has super strength and regeneration.
Well if it follows the comics...
Black Noir would have the same powerset as Homelander. But it seems to be deviating from the comics, so looks like he definitely has super strength and a really high regeneration considering the explosion he survived.
It should be interesting.

Last edited:

J_Viper

Oct 25, 2017
I know this has been asked a thousand times, but how do I get HDR to pop up?

I only see one listing for The Boys, but HDR does not activate

Jarrod38

Oct 25, 2017
Burned through the last 4 episodes of season 1 and finished episode one of season 2 and I really enjoyed the show.

J_Viper

Oct 25, 2017
Seems like the listings are combined now.
What's your TV setup? I'm using a B9 OLED set, with the internal application. It auto selects the highest resolution, and I haven't had any issues with HDR playback in general...
Yeah it seems they updated the app.

I used to manually select the version of Expanse with HDR, not there's no option

I have a TCL, but I'd always activates HDR on its own with a Netflix and games. Not sure why the Prime app is having trouble

OP
OP
FaceHugger

FaceHugger

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
USA
Antony Starr is so good. He continuously surprises me with how terrifying he makes this character. He makes the best renditions of Joker in print or film look amateur in comparison to what a truly unhinged, yet oddly collected, villain can look like.

ArchedThunder

Uncle Beerus
Oct 25, 2017
Not sure what the spoiler rules are so I'll just tag this.
I was not expecting Stormfront to be a Homelander level piece of shit. I thought she was gonna be a decent person.
Does this series follow the source material closely?

OP
OP
FaceHugger

FaceHugger

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
USA
Not sure what the spoiler rules are so I'll just tag this.
I was not expecting Stormfront to be a Homelander level piece of shit. I thought she was gonna be a decent person.
Does this series follow the source material closely?

As OP I'll leave spoiler rules up to the mods, but I figure etiquette is to spoiler everything until the final episode airs. If you guys feel differently whatever, all good.

Deleted member 11046

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I see where you're coming from, but I feel you're being slightly pedantic. Little details like that would only bother me if the story being told made no sense. They were fighting a member of the seven, we've seen and been told time and time again how scary they are and impossible to fight and we've seen in the first 5 minutes that these "super-villains" are no real threat to the seven. The point of that scene was to show that Stormfront is a racist sadist, have the brother be killed by Stormfront (which she was going to do either way) which would give Kimiko motivation to wanna hunt the seven. I mean, would a lead pipe really stop that?
We've seen Kimikobro exhibit precise telekinetic control as well as immense power. He had no problem whipping human bodies several stories into the air through concrete with a gesture, uplifting a sea vessel and crashing it to shore, downing a helicopter from considerable distance, and bringing down enough debris to momentarily halt the strongest supe we've seen in Homelander.

So why the fuck would Kimikobro physically tackle Stormfront? Why would he not flick her off the roof? Why not crash her through the floor, as he did that vehicle? Why did he never attempt to defend himself? Every instance she used her power he had time and ability to use his. That entire scene, while dazzling for its special effects, was logically inconsistent with what the show had just displayed of his powerset.

Heroes went from brilliance to trash overnight because the writing become awful. It's a testament to how much better The Boys is that even with my issues in ep 3 I thought it was great. I hope we don't see more plot induced nerfs as blatant as this, though.

Kalentan

Oct 25, 2017
"Are you eyes always so blue?" should have been a clue and her name

Also no it took a lot of liberties first season alot of liberties now it straight up its own story

7r4kq4qgmkl51.jpg

ArchedThunder

Uncle Beerus
Oct 25, 2017
I see there was discussion on The Deep here, I'm kind of in the middle. I'm not 100% loving his stuff, but I do genuinely hope that his arc has a satisfying ending and he doesn't just relapse into being a total piece of shit. I'm hoping he helps Starlight in some way.
Also no it took a lot of liberties first season alot of liberties now it straight up its own story
Alright, thanks.
I legit didn't even notice those details to her design, lmao.

Zoe

Oct 25, 2017
As OP I'll leave spoiler rules up to the mods, but I figure etiquette is to spoiler everything until the final episode airs. If you guys feel differently whatever, all good.
TV shows are fair game as soon as they've aired. Putting everything under spoilers hampers discussion, and it gets dangerous when people are dropping comic book spoilers.

Lotus

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
TV shows are fair game as soon as they've aired. Putting everything under spoilers hampers discussion, and it gets dangerous when people are dropping comic book spoilers.

To be fair it was 3 episodes dropped at once. Maybe it'd be best to drop the tags moving forward with Episode 4?

OP
OP
FaceHugger

FaceHugger

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
USA
OK mods are probably enjoying the lovely sleep of a holiday weekend so in the meantime I put up a spoiler warning in the top line of the OP.

Arkeband

Banned
Nov 8, 2017
I'm still a bit confused over Homelander's son and the true nature of Compound-V. The audience knows about it going into S2 because of S1, and Homelander knows about it(?) because he's involved in smuggling it out to create supervillains, so how does his kid supposedly have his powers? Does the show want us to think they're ALSO inheritable? Is this supposed to be a second layer on top of the initial reveal?

Maybe the fourth episode will reel it all back in but as of right now the writing around this plot point is sloppy.