Grudy

Unshakable Resolve
Oct 29, 2017
Ep 3 spoiler:
I'm not a big fan of the fight between the siblings and Stormfront or someone can maybe clear it up for me. Why did Kenji not use his powers on Stormfront at all? He could already throw Kimiko through building windows from the street, couldn't he just throw Stormfront off the roof? And how did Kimiko escape when Homelander was there? I feel like I'm nitpicking but I couldn't help but feel they rushed through that entire sequence.

Jarmel

The Jackrabbit Always Wins
Oct 25, 2017
New York
Ep 3 spoiler:
I'm not a big fan of the fight between the siblings and Stormfront or someone can maybe clear it up for me. Why did Kenji not use his powers on Stormfront at all? He could already throw Kimiko through building windows from the street, couldn't he just throw Stormfront off the roof? And how did Kimiko escape when Homelander was there? I feel like I'm nitpicking but I couldn't help but feel they rushed through that entire sequence.
In regards to your second question, Homie is lazy as hell. He'll do the bare minimum. He could have caught The Boys and Kimiko if he wanted to.
Weekly starting with ep.4? How many eps this season?

Lotus

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Ep 3 spoiler:

Homelander was focused on being kinda pissed at Stormfront for stealing his kill

KarmaCow

Oct 25, 2017
The Butcher lookalike in Stillwell's death recreation was only slightly more cartoonish than Karl Urban's take.

Yu Narukami

Unshakable Resolve
Oct 26, 2017
Hughie's character is becoming pointless. He could die nobody would care. Other protagonists too. Kumiko, A-Train, Deep, Frenchie, they bring nothing to the show.

Burt

Fight Sephiroth or end video games
Oct 28, 2017
Personally, I think they should just cut all the fat out and focus exclusively on what's actually important; that being, obviously, a Butcher/Homelander omegaverse plot

Burt

Fight Sephiroth or end video games
Oct 28, 2017
I hate i know what omegaverse is now
c845e39dc385b48e924f4e279b3cc5ea.gif

Galkinator

Chicken Chaser
Oct 27, 2017
Pretty good first 3 episodes, although imo they don't quite hit the S1 highs. Definitely expecting the season to pick up in a couple of episodes where shit goes crazier. Stormfront is a badass, I really hope we get to see her fighting Homelander (I figure she has super strength as well going by how easily she shattered Mimiko's brother's hands)
I fucking hate Hughie though, I know he's supposed to be the moral side of the boys or the more "sane" one but goddamn he's so annoying.

Ravelle

Oct 31, 2017
I can't remember if the first season had this but the second season has this weird effect over the screen in which only a small part of the screen is in focus, even in close ups of people talking to each other, their faces are in focus but everything below it or just their shoulders is just blurry. it's kinda tiring on the eyes.

The Hobo

Oct 27, 2017
I can't remember if the first season had this but the second season has this weird effect over the screen in which only a small part of the screen is in focus, even in close ups of people talking to each other, their faces are in focus but everything below it or just their shoulders is just blurry. it's kinda tiring on the eyes.

I've noticed that in other shows too. I don't know why it's a thing.

Galkinator

Chicken Chaser
Oct 27, 2017
Probably chromatic abberation?
Very dumb inclusion, also can be found in a lot of games for no good reason.

Fendajaz

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
The Witcher
The Witcher on Netflix had this cranked up to 100. Pissed me off so much. Thankfully haven't noticed it on the boys session 2 but probably will now.

Trafalgar Law

Nov 6, 2017
Pretty good first 3 episodes, although imo they don't quite hit the S1 highs. Definitely expecting the season to pick up in a couple of episodes where shit goes crazier. Stormfront is a badass, I really hope we get to see her fighting Homelander (I figure she has super strength as well going by how easily she shattered Mimiko's brother's hands)
I fucking hate Hughie though, I know he's supposed to be the moral side of the boys or the more "sane" one but goddamn he's so annoying.

🤨🤨🤨
hmmmmmmm ok

Oct 27, 2017
Ep 3 spoiler:

Yeah I am going to agree that while the fight was good in terms of visuals, it is illogical to say the least.

I am used to superheroes powers fluctuating depending on the plot, but this one goes a little bit too far. He was going to kill them all prior, burried the Homelander, but ends up running away from the single hero. And even when they make some grounds and reorganize, they still don't retaliate at all. When it is time to save Kimiko, he doesn't do any of the superpowered shit, just jumps on the Stormfront... You can excuse A-Train for not doing anything, but what about Black Noire and Warrior Woman? The Boys getting away for free is just meh...

In my mind, which is making excuses for the show, superpowered Boys lost the fight against heroes and one of them bought the time to escape for the rest...

toastyToast

Oct 26, 2017
Holy shit Stormfront is a maniac.

Props to them deciding to cast a woman to play the character otherwise those people might revel in the fuckery a little too much.

Ronnie Poncho

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
I like the reveal that Stormfront is a huge racist after she kills Kimiko's brother. Pretty sure her collateral damage in the fight with him where she tears up the apartment block is mostly so she can kill black folks. Further proof that everyone in The 7 is a shithole

I did worry that Stormfront is named after a particularly famous online nazi website, but perhaps destroying their SEO with a racist woman superhero is an acceptable outcome...?

Speevy

Oct 26, 2017
A problem I'm having with the show is that the central problem is becoming muddled.

You have this corporation trying to manage its image to the world, a bunch of super-powered egomaniacs who are actively at odds with that corporation expressing their own agendas, and an outlaw group of mostly regular dudes trying desperately to upend all of it.

It's certainly humorous and gory, and I love many of the action sequences. What's missing though is more suspense and intrigue.

How many episodes does this season have?

Oct 25, 2017
Stormfront is worse than Homelander because someone like that will go out of their way to inflict violence on minorities, Homelander is basically just indifferent. Which is also horrific but he can be placated and managed.

rjinaz

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Phoenix
A train is a druggie murderer but he's definitely more gray than the evil half of the 7. I'm thinking he's not going to put up with stormfronts shit for too long and it will put him on the gray half of the 7. I mean the deep is kind of heading that way and so is maise already. I think the group will become more and more split despite their fear of HL which gives each one purpose. HL is going to be too occupied with his hate for stormfront to notice the shift. We LL see
Hughie's character is becoming pointless. He could die nobody would care. Other protagonists too. Kumiko, A-Train, Deep, Frenchie, they bring nothing to the show.

Slaythe

The Wise Ones
Oct 25, 2017
Ep 3 spoiler:

Well
1) I'm sure you have noticed Homelander really doesnt care about the Boys anymore he just wants them out there to be villains for the medias while he occasionally take them down.
Here he wanted to kill Kenji to be the hero. So he got really mad at Stormfront.
And yes his ego is far more important to him than to hunt Kimiko.

2) Stormfront's lightning was faster than Kenji's telekinesis and a lot more painful than just punches.
His powers were already very specific in terms of how he can use them as we saw with the frenchie/ can scene.

3) The show definitely wants you to notice he managed to get rid of Homelander and not Stormfront. That's an upcoming plot point.

rjinaz

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Phoenix
Stormfront is worse than Homelander because someone like that will go out of their way to inflict violence on minorities, Homelander is basically just indifferent. Which is also horrific but he can be placated and managed.
Agreed. He does take joy in killing and fucking with people but it's not out of hate. It's just not the same motivation. He doesn't care about the bodies to get the job done but no way does that building get blown up like that. He just doesn't care enough to kill like Stormfront. That and whenever possible he tries to at least pretend to be a good guy. Stormfront gave no shits about what those people thought.

holtz

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
A train is a druggie murderer but he's definitely more gray than the evil half of the 7. I'm thinking he's not going to put up with stormfronts shit for too long and it will put him on the gray half of the 7. I mean the deep is kind of heading that way and so is maise already. I think the group will become more and more split despite their fear of HL which gives each one purpose. HL is going to be too occupied with his hate for stormfront to notice the shift. We LL see
The Seven intrigue will definitely be great to see. Black Noir is such a wild card.

Sedated

Apr 13, 2018
I wish all episodes had dropped on release day. Soooo not a fan of this release schedule. It continues to be the best superhero tv show out there.

Oct 25, 2017
I'm assuming they're not taking Black Noir where he went in the comics. You get weird behaviors whenever he pops up like the thing with the child in the first episode. I can't really tell if he was mocking him or actually making some bizarre attempt to comfort him, I'm leaning towards attempting to comfort.

rjinaz

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Phoenix
Yeah I hate it too but at least the discussions about the show are better since people have to speculate.
Though I wish it was two episodes per week going forward. End it in a month.

I wish all episodes had dropped on release day. Soooo not a fan of this release schedule. It continues to be the best superhero tv show out there.

HammerFace

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017

Well
1) I'm sure you have noticed Homelander really doesnt care about the Boys anymore he just wants them out there to be villains for the medias while he occasionally take them down.
Here he wanted to kill Kenji to be the hero. So he got really mad at Stormfront.
And yes his ego is far more important to him than to hunt Kimiko.

2) Stormfront's lightning was faster than Kenji's telekinesis and a lot more painful than just punches.
His powers were already very specific in terms of how he can use them as we saw with the frenchie/ can scene.

3) The show definitely wants you to notice he managed to get rid of Homelander and not Stormfront. That's an upcoming plot point.

2 doesn't explain why he didn't use his telekinesis to fuck her up when he was on a completely different roof than Stormfront. Hell could've even done it while he was on the same roof and she was focused on Kimiko.

Ringten

Nov 15, 2017
So is it going to be 3 episodes a week?
Even though I do enjoy weekly episodes since it creates suspense, 1 episode a week would feel to slow lol

BLEEN

Oct 27, 2017
2 doesn't explain why he didn't use his telekinesis to fuck her up when he was on a completely different roof than Stormfront. Hell could've even done it while he was on the same roof and she was focused on Kimiko.
Can't use it from that far. Didn't want to hurt both when on the roof.