• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Deleted member 61909

User requested account closure
Banned
Dec 5, 2019
He could've literally thrown a rock or pipe or something at her. He's been shown to be able to be pretty accurate with his power. He could've just as easily grabbed StormFront with it and let Kimiko go crazy.
I see where you're coming from, but I feel you're being slightly pedantic. Little details like that would only bother me if the story being told made no sense. They were fighting a member of the seven, we've seen and been told time and time again how scary they are and impossible to fight and we've seen in the first 5 minutes that these "super-villains" are no real threat to the seven. The point of that scene was to show that Stormfront is a racist sadist, have the brother be killed by Stormfront (which she was going to do either way) which would give Kimiko motivation to wanna hunt the seven. I mean, would a lead pipe really stop that?

HammerFace

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I see where you're coming from, but I feel you're being slightly pedantic. Little details like that would only bother me if the story being told made no sense. They were fighting a member of the seven, we've seen and been told time and time again how scary they are and impossible to fight and we've seen in the first 5 minutes that these "super-villains" are no real threat to the seven. The point of that scene was to show that Stormfront is a racist sadist, have the brother be killed by Stormfront (which she was going to do either way) which would give Kimiko motivation to wanna hunt the seven. I mean, would a lead pipe really stop that?

I understood the scene just fine. And of course a lead pipe wouldn't stop it, that's not the point. I just found it odd that he didn't use his powers the one time in the sequence it would've been advantageous. Especially after attempting it multiple times and failing.

caliph95

Oct 25, 2017
I can't wait for her to say something vaguely racist to A Train and he's the only one to find it weird
Stormfront is worse than Homelander because someone like that will go out of their way to inflict violence on minorities, Homelander is basically just indifferent. Which is also horrific but he can be placated and managed.
Homelander in Stormfront shoes wouldn't go out of his way to attack the family they're not a threat and they haven't done to him and yeah all his maga speech i don't think he really cares about race gender or whatever won't be surprised if he's not woke in another but he only likes America because they give him fans and money all he really cares
Holy fuck they're gonna gender bend her
What no i mean she's going to be nazi waifu
I like the reveal that Stormfront is a huge racist after she kills Kimiko's brother. Pretty sure her collateral damage in the fight with him where she tears up the apartment block is mostly so she can kill black folks. Further proof that everyone in The 7 is a shithole

I did worry that Stormfront is named after a particularly famous online nazi website, but perhaps destroying their SEO with a racist woman superhero is an acceptable outcome...?
I'm guessing in universe Stormfront website doesn't exist or if it does she will claim ignorance and say it's a reference to her powers and the sjws get offended at everything

Deleted member 61909

Banned
Dec 5, 2019
I can't wait for her to say something vaguely racist to A Train and he's the only one to find it weird
oh yea, I guess we haven't really seen this two in a scene yet...

What I find interesting about her is how they juxtaposition her feminism with her racism. since a lot of people believe feminist cannot display racism.

Grudy

Unshakable Resolve
Oct 29, 2017

Well
1) I'm sure you have noticed Homelander really doesnt care about the Boys anymore he just wants them out there to be villains for the medias while he occasionally take them down.
Here he wanted to kill Kenji to be the hero. So he got really mad at Stormfront.
And yes his ego is far more important to him than to hunt Kimiko.

2) Stormfront's lightning was faster than Kenji's telekinesis and a lot more painful than just punches.
His powers were already very specific in terms of how he can use them as we saw with the frenchie/ can scene.

3) The show definitely wants you to notice he managed to get rid of Homelander and not Stormfront. That's an upcoming plot point.
Considering where the show might go, I actually agree with you on all points. I might have been overestimating how powerful telekinesis is in this show (Maybe it was just Sylar in Heroes who was overpowered :P) but I've noticed that powers are a bit loose in the show so they can run with it in cases like this.

NetMapel

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah I hate it too but at least the discussions about the show are better since people have to speculate.
Though I wish it was two episodes per week going forward. End it in a month.
What is there to speculate in this thread when there are people posting here dropping info from the comics? I really hope we can have separation between the two.

thermopyle

Nov 8, 2017
Los Angeles, CA
Enjoyed the 3 episodes so far. Nitpicky but it always annoys me when telekinetics can't fucking lift themselves up to "fly". You can lift a boat weighing a few tons but not yourself and another person to get away? Ok lol

Septimus Prime

EA
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Stormfront is worse than Homelander because someone like that will go out of their way to inflict violence on minorities, Homelander is basically just indifferent. Which is also horrific but he can be placated and managed.
Homelander for sure would not have killed those people or caused that much collateral damage. In fact, I'd say he would have even gone out of his way to protect--or at least not hurt--them. It's not that he cares about them, but he has an image to uphold, and he is basically a whole different person in public because of that.

Yes, he let that plane crash last season, but he tried to save it first and then decided to cut his losses after failing that, since he probably figured that everyone would die, so no one would be around to tarnish his reputation.

Meanwhile, Stormfront actually goes out of her way to hit that first guy, since Kimiko and Kenji were already down, and she also kills that guy in the stairs just for being there. The explosion also happens while her supposed quarry were already on the roof, so it's not hard to imagine that she blew things up just because that building was occupied by black people.

Dragoon

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
That yellow line.. Stormfront is gonna be a full blown racist by the end of this season by the looks of it.

Oct 25, 2017
stormfront with that good old white feminism. was wondering when the shoe was going to drop.
I can't tell if Homelander is legitimately a nationalist or he acts like it because it sells or maybe both
i think it's a little bit of both. probably grew up with american propaganda that set in that he doesn't even notice it like when he said that a non-english speaker (i'm being a lot kinder than what he actually said) would recognize him and say his name in 'perfect american'. but his priority will always 100% be for himself and his ego

edit: actually on second thought, he's pretty low key racist too and definitely misogynistic

Protome

Oct 27, 2017
I hope the rest of the series has less of The Deep in it. Those bits really sucked here. Everything else was great though.

KarmaCow

Oct 25, 2017
Should I watch the second and third episodes of this or The Boys tonight? Thoughts?

The Boys is pretty good but so is The Boys. You can't go wrong.

(did you mean to post this in the Raised by Wolves thread? If so I'd say The Boys had a more natural end point with the first three episodes. I liked Raised by Wolves but it definitely seems more like a binge type show)

Last edited:

Jarmel

The Jackrabbit Always Wins
Oct 25, 2017
New York
The Deep stuff was fairly unfunny but definitely felt like classic Kripke humor. I felt super bad though when Homie said to cover up the gill.
Hm didn't think of that, but then he was flinging people around too.
Magneto can do that too by leveraging the metal in your body and whatever BS comic book physics.

Lotus

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Yea I'm also very tired of the Deep. It was... amusing I guess, in S1, but yea, very much over his arc

The Bookerman

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I hate stormfront with a passion, she reminds me too much of my friends ex wife.... A person I have so much disdain for, a person who would have no problem belittling me in front of others, And I wouldn't retaliate in front of my friend... Thank god she's gone now(my friends ex wife).

Apr 19, 2018
I'm one of the few outliers, and am genuinely invested in seeing where The Deep's story arc goes.

Also, I just re-watched that pants-down verbal spanking Mr. Edgar gave Homelander. Knew it wouldn't take long for Giancarlo Esposito to full-on slip into the confident. authoritative role we knew he would end up being.

Septimus Prime

EA
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
I'm one of the few outliers, and am genuinely invested in seeing where The Deep's story arc goes.

Also, I just re-watched that pants-down verbal spanking Mr. Edgar gave Homelander. Knew it wouldn't take long for Giancarlo Esposito to full-on slip into the confident. authoritative role we knew he would end up being.
Same here. I want to see if he actually succeeds in his redemption, as well as what he actually feels that success should be.

I'm curious why Mr. Edgar would even choose Stormfront to begin with.

Oct 25, 2017
Given the fact the first time we really see the social media of this world is with Stormfront's introduction she's probably in to appeal to a younger crowd since someone like Homelander likely appeals to an older demographic (Considering the whole home spun American hero aspect of his fake backstory). He would know she's a racist but she's smart enough to hide it.

Nov 3, 2017
Pretty weird for Stormfront to work for someone who she see's as beneath her. Even weirder for the CEO of Vaught to have Stormfront even in the first place know or not knowing she's a racist?

Apr 19, 2018
"Haaaaans......... Zimmer!"

Also, in EP3, Mallory mentions......

The supe Liberty. Anyone think she has ties to Stormfront somehow? Or maybe even that she is Stormfront?

JetmanJay

Nov 1, 2017
I think we need more scenes of Homelander drinking milk for the remaining episodes.
Hell, I think milk is probably his weakness. Just give him a bottle and watch him lick his lips and jizz his pants haha

Ninhead

Drive-in Mutant
Avenger
Nov 18, 2017
She has a popular social media account she's probably just a popular hero likely to the young ones

Also, Vaught and Compound-V has its basis in Nazi experiments in WWII. Maybe they're continuing that, and Stormfront is their subversive way of bringing that about.

Deleted member 61909

Banned
Dec 5, 2019

that scene was GREAT. I keep rewatching it.
I'm curious why Mr. Edgar would even choose Stormfront to begin with.
thats also what i'm wondering. If she goes full nazi mode, I wonder how this would look on Edgar since he chose her. It would be weird if he lost control over his company because of stormfront.

hordak

Oct 31, 2017
Anaheim, CA
holy shit just started the first episode and Homelander's psycho speech to Ashley was amazingggg.

jett

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Deep is so damn boring. I don't care about him at all.

Other than it has been enjoyable so far. Wish I could binge it all.

Pandaman

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Pretty weird for Stormfront to work for someone who she see's as beneath her. Even weirder for the CEO of Vaught to have Stormfront even in the first place know or not knowing she's a racist?
Considering that speech about the nazi human experiments that founded the company, I doubt he cares very much about any of that.