• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

SAB-CA

Nov 30, 2017
What's the betting its Max based on the silhouette?
I wouldn't mind Max, but I always think this one looked more like an Asian guy with a monk-like Ponytail.
That silhouette looks too "techy" for Max, maybe Dr. Zan?
Yup, Zan would have upgraded himself to make this kinda bulk! Which wouldn't be bad.
Mecha Max and surprise sixth character, Dr Zan's daughter: Professor Zan
Haha, I'd be all for this. I did like the tech-edge Zan brought to the game.
Haha, Imagine if it's Mecha Suit Max piloted by a mini-Zanette a'la Baby Head from Captain Commando? No one would suspect this... but I say the series has had enough fun with weird extra characters to pull it off.

Heck, even having a remote-controlled character with an off-screen pilot barking commands might be cool, too. I always loved the odd character BEU's would come up with in their golden years. Getting something unique here would feel slightly weird for SOR, but respectful to the genre as a whole.

Soulstar

Oct 25, 2017
Well, since it never seemed to be posted on this forum, a heads up!

5th Playable character reveal next week (Plus a "little" surprise, maybe). A smaller time between communications this time. Ramping up to a soon-ish release? Guess we'll find out!

I always look forward to getting another look at this game. It seems like the more I see of it the better it looks.

IronicSonic

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
This new game has no asset or gameplay basis built, they're making everything from scratch and approximations. It's a great idea that they're focusing on the core, rather than rushing to add features like lite 90's part 2s, 3s and 4 were doing.

This

Shadow dropped on next weeks Direct

Was Direct confirmed or at least rumored for next week? Or it's just the good old Resetera's Direct thirst?

ShinobiBk

One Winged Slayer
Dec 28, 2017
They say 5 playable characters but I imagine Shiva has to be playable. Like they highlighted him in that trailer and everything, they have to know people will want Shiva to be unlockable.

Oct 26, 2017
Cool new character, he looks super powerful. Grabbing people from a distance is crazy.
Online co-op is just what i was wanting to hear, I have a buddy I really want to play this with but he lives overseas. 4 player is unexpected but good, I wonder how it will be balanced though.
Also, that was a cool tune.

chaobreaker

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Floyd looks amazing as expected. Lizardcube continuing the tradition of the SoR series always hitting it out of the park with their grappler characters.

Tuorom

Oct 30, 2017
Maybe Floyds special is the grab which is cool, instead of having another horizontal mobility special like everyone else. Instead of moving he brings people to him. He's probably OP on enviro stages, just constantly toss people off lol

I am very excited for the music, that song was prime SOR.

Vex

Oct 25, 2017
The only thing Im worried about at this point is the voice work and hit sounds. It is hard to hear any of that under the music. I am used to loud "OOOOOOWWWWWAAAH" "GRAND UPPAH" but it seems all of that isnt there? Also loud pole bashing sounds. Maybe they are still working on that for now.

Vespa

Oct 26, 2017
Worried about the backgrounds. Haven't seen one that I've liked yet. They all look so grey and samey :\
sor4art00421kzd.gif

I dig the city skyline backdrop shown in an earlier vid. The rest of the environments have a graphic novel feel, prominent ink outlining with a colour wash. I don't mind it but the vibrant neon-soaked look of classic SoR is hard to beat, certainly won't stop me enjoying it though.

retroman

Oct 31, 2017
The only thing Im worried about at this point is the voice work and hit sounds. It is hard to hear any of that under the music. I am used to loud "OOOOOOWWWWWAAAH" "GRAND UPPAH" but it seems all of that isnt there? Also loud pole bashing sounds. Maybe they are still working on that for now.
Yeah, the hit sounds should be meaty and satisfying, but these sound a bit like someone hitting some cardboard boxes. Here's hoping they're just placeholders.

Vex

Oct 25, 2017
image0.png
Heads up, guys! New sor lore coming in hot!!

So it looks like some of you guessed it that he was tied to Zan.

Deleted member 36578

Dec 21, 2017
sor4art00421kzd.gif

I dig the city skyline backdrop shown in an earlier vid. The rest of the environments have a graphic novel feel, prominent ink outlining with a colour wash. I don't mind it but the vibrant neon-soaked look of classic SoR is hard to beat, certainly won't stop me enjoying it though.

Those backgrounds look really nice to me. I love what I'm seeing .

Deleted member 36578

Dec 21, 2017
Including the skyscrapers from the Streets of Rage 1 title screen is a good throwback!
I watched a little making of vid a bit ago and the devs seem like they're real fans of the games. I think they're going to do the series justice for sure :)

Oct 26, 2017
I watched a little making of vid a bit ago and the devs seem like they're real fans of the games. I think they're going to do the series justice for sure :)
From the stuff I've watched, they've totally nailed the flow of SoR2 in particular only they've spiced it up with air juggles.
This looks chaotic...I love it!
I mean, doubling the player count was never going to be anything other than overkill. It looks like more of a mode for casual fun.
I had a good chuckle at the bit at 5.35 where they all absolutely laid into that lone Signal goon.

Timu

Oct 25, 2017
I mean, doubling the player count was never going to be anything other than overkill. It looks like more of a mode for casual fun.
I had a good chuckle at the bit at 5.35 where they all absolutely laid into that lone Signal goon.
Yep, that's true. I also notice that friendly fire is off, I remember it being on and I believe they said it was always on, though that's probably just for the older builds.

Vex

Oct 25, 2017
Def not watching but it is good to see they are starting to get more comfortable with showing off the game. Must be closer to release. (also they now have a discord as well)

Soulstar

Oct 25, 2017

Here's an interview that I saw a few days ago and never thought to post here. There were a few new details in this interview that I didn't know before.

Znazzy

Aug 27, 2018
Everything about this game is absolutely amazing, except for the voice acting. Jeez Blaze sounds terrible. Hopefully there's a way to choose retro voices (though that obviously wouldn't work for new characters) or other languages.

VariantX

Oct 25, 2017
Columbia, SC
Everything about this game is absolutely amazing, except for the voice acting. Jeez Blaze sounds terrible. Hopefully there's a way to choose retro voices (though that obviously wouldn't work for new characters) or other languages.

Honestly for me it's not about the performance it's the clarity. If you lower the quality of the voice samples to what you would hear on a Gen/MD I'd be fine with that. I also think changing the hit sound effects and the "Go-->" weren't necessary and are part of the feel and identity of the originals. Like the killfeed chirps in Killzone, the sound of picking options in a menu in a final fantasy game, or the sound of picking up rings in a Sonic game. They sort of get this as picking up healing items have the exact same sound as the old games.

Last edited:

Vex

Oct 25, 2017
Honestly for me it's not about the performance it's the clarity. If you lower the quality of the voice samples to what you would here on a Gen/MD I'd be fine with that. I also think changing the hit sound effects and the "Go-->" weren't necessary and are part of the feel and identity of the originals. Like the killfeed chirps in Killzone, the sound of picking options in a menu in a final fantasy game, or the sound of picking up rings in a Sonic game. They sort of get this as picking up healing items have the exact same sound as the old games.
ive been saying the same thing. I'm getting this on Pc so hopefully mods will take care of this.

jett

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
edit: actually I'm misremembering the SoR2 soundtrack. Looking forward to listening to more tracks. I'll definitely be pumping up the music volume if that GameExplain video is indicative of default settings.

Last edited: