Znazzy

Aug 27, 2018
Honestly for me it's not about the performance it's the clarity. If you lower the quality of the voice samples to what you would hear on a Gen/MD I'd be fine with that. I also think changing the hit sound effects and the "Go-->" weren't necessary and are part of the feel and identity of the originals. Like the killfeed chirps in Killzone, the sound of picking options in a menu in a final fantasy game, or the sound of picking up rings in a Sonic game. They sort of get this as picking up healing items have the exact same sound as the old games.
Ah that's a very valid point! I think I would be okay with that too. It just doesn't sound good right now, and I agree with the other sound effects. They're too iconic!
Oh it 100% needs Genesis sounding voice clips. Or an option for them.

Yes, please!

Deleted member 3017

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017

shadowman16

Oct 25, 2017
Ive not grabbed anything from LRG for months. Assuming this is the only physical release of the game, I'll be breaking that streak. SoR4 is absolutely a game that deserves to be a part of my physical collection.

Deleted member 34949

Account closed at user request
Banned
Nov 30, 2017
How fast do things tend to go on LRG? Like if I pre-order the day it goes up on the site should I be set? Or is it one of those things where I have to rush to the site as soon as it goes live or be assed out?

Either way, kinda want to get the PS4 Classic Edition and a Standard Edition for Switch.

ShinobiBk

One Winged Slayer
Dec 28, 2017
i don't think so compared to many other games with retail releases. I saw lots of indie releases in stores not tied to any old popular name. Even some old HQ remakes like Wild Guns Reloaded or Ninja Warriors got their own retail release.
Yeah SoR4 could absolutely have been given a full retail release. They should still do it

Both of those were from a major publisher.

There's a whole bunch of LR games available at Best Buy. Could've done same here

Znazzy

Aug 27, 2018
So if I order the physical release and it comes later, will we get access to the digital version as well, or will we have to wait to play it unless we double dip?

B. Spaceman

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Spain
I hate that this is releasing under LRG, and especially at this time with the crisis going on. I guess I'll have to buy it digital only... Wonder Boy The Dragon's Trap got a regular physical release, why won't this?

Platy

Oct 25, 2017
Brazil
is anyone thinking that this is a little bit too much composers?

Like how many tracks are this beat em up going to have?

Olivier Derivière (Dying Light 2, A Plague Tale: Innocence, Assassin's Creed IV: Black Flag, GreedFall, Vampyr …)
Yūzō Koshiro (Streets of Rage 1, 2 & 3, Ys I & II, Sonic the Hedgehog, The Revenge Shinobi, Shenmue I & II, Super Smash Bros. Brawl for 3DS and Wii U & Ultimate, ActRaiser 1 & 2 …)
Motohiro Kawashima (Streets of Rage 2 & 3, Shinobi II, Batman Returns …)
Yoko Shimomura (Street Fighter II: The World Warrior, Kingdom Hearts I, II & III, Super Mario RPG, Legend of Mana, Parasite Eve …)
Keiji Yamagishi (Ninja Gaiden, Tecmo Bowl, Captain Tsubasa …)
Harumi Fujita (Final Fight, Mega Man 3, Bionic Commando, Strider, Ghosts 'n Goblins, Chip 'n Dale: Rescue Rangers, Tomba! …)
Scattle (Hotline Miami 1 & 2)
Das Mörtal (Hotline Miami 2)
XL Middleton
Groundislava

nintendoeverything.com

Streets of Rage 4 reveals full lineup of composers, new behind the scenes video

Publisher and co-developer Dotemu, along with co-developers Lizardcube and Guard Crush Games, have shared new information about the music of Streets of Rage 4. Olivier Derivière, who handled soundtracks for A Plague Tale: Innocence, Assassin’s Creed IV: Black Flag, Dying Light 2, and more, is...

OneThirtyEight

Avenger
Oct 28, 2017
I'm about to order my first ever game from Limited Run(was gonna do Toe Jam and Earl last year but forgot about it :/ ). It says "pre-order closes one week after the digital release". So it's free to pre order at any time before that and they don't run out right? Or has that ever happend?

Also: Do i pay when i order or does the money transfer later when it's shipping?

Oct 27, 2017
I'm about to order my first ever game from Limited Run(was gonna do Toe Jam and Earl last year but forgot about it :/ ). It says "pre-order closes one week after the digital release". So it's free to pre order at any time before that and they don't run out right? Or has that ever happend?
I've done a few LRG purchases- you can preorder at anytime as long as preorders open. They are essentially getting an idea of how many copies to produce via preorders.

Also: Do i pay when i order or does the money transfer later when it's shipping?
You pay at the time of preordering. So if you preordered today, you'd be charged in full today.

SAB-CA

Nov 30, 2017
Xbox One gets it on Gamepass day 1, other consoles get Physical Pre-Order options. It balances out well enough. Having "already paid" for the X1 version this way, it makes the physical order option on the other consoles more enticing, in a way.

My first response to the huge Composer list was definitely "but... why?!" but it's actually a great way to honor how important the music was to the series, and will be going forward. I like seeing such respect paid to the fact that BEU stages are so unique. This game seems to get that, both graphic and audio wise.

I enjoyed Olivier Derivière music in my time with "Remember Me", but it didn't stick with me to where I'd hum it or anything. Having him helm an army of musical talent should be quite nice, however! Many of THOSE people DID make music I still hum to this day, so it's a nice balance.

Naganuma not being on is disappointing, I wish this would just mean they'd save him for later bonus content, rather than just cut him from the project. Fujita definitely makes up for him, in a nice way.

I don't really mind the wait time this game has had. It feels so rare that BEU's get proper TLC to try and make them as detail-rich as the arcade favorites of the 90s. I'm glad this will be one of a rather short list of the best-looking / animating 2D hand drawn games in recent memory, and will hopefully have gameplay just as memorable and fun as it's predecessors.

Serein

Mar 7, 2018
Do Limited run ship internationally? I'm in the UK and am definitely interested in that classic edition.
Yes, I nabbed the Switch classic edition earlier on and I think it was about $19 for the shipping. I'm pretty sure that covers any import duty though which is why it's a bit steep as I got the Shenmue 3 LE from them and there was no customs charge for that.

B. Spaceman

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Spain
I was going to buy this on Limited Run Games but now I'm not sure because of all the coronavirus situation... What should I do?

Virtua King

Banned
Dec 29, 2017
It really sucks. I thought this was going to be an all-star OST, but it sounds super disappointing now.
It's almost like misleading advertisement in a way, because they made such a big deal about promoting Yuzo Koshiro and the other composers. Then on the 11th hour we get this news, and also that Naganuma is out.

Whatever, I pre-ordered the PS4 classic edition, mainly out of obligation, but there are so many disappointing things about this game to me.

IronicSonic

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
What? Koshiro is not lead composer? I always thought this will be Koshiro and friends but he's just a guest?
The Deriviere demo sounds great but this is a disapoinment to some extent.
The game looks great though. Barbon loos like Freddy Mercury lol

Neutral_Jump

Mar 21, 2020
Saint Louis
In a way it's cool that it's not Yuzo Koshiro. Either way this soundtrack will be compared to the existing ones, which were both a product of hardware limitations but a reflection of popular underground electronic music at the time. If they're modernizing the graphics anyway without the original sprite artists, for instance, it's unreasonable to say that it's "not Bare Knuckle/Streets of Rage without a Koshiro OST."

SolidSnakex

Oct 25, 2017
I'm surprised the date wasn't announced during that surprise Direct. Especially with the trophies leaking recently.

Hadok

Feb 14, 2018
You can listen to some tracks here
soundcloud.com

Dotemu

Video game studio and publisher specialized in retrogaming. Streets of Rage 4, Wonder Boy: The Dragon's Trap, Windjammers 2, and many more! Retro is our motto.

Protoman200X

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
N. Vancouver, BC, Canada

This track is a banger.

tumblr_mcmu0nrsfT1rz1uqto1_500.gif

Agreed. The soundtrack is in good hands, if you ask me.