Virtua King

Dec 29, 2017
Thanks for posting these links up. I know next nothing about the wangan midnight maximum series but the music is really awesome by Yuzo, as usual. Amazed how many tracks he wrote for this series and of what I've heard so far, they are right up my street (loads of 90's & 00's trance).

I'm sure the tracks he does right for SOR4 will be of the same high standard, as he's probably the best game music composer in the world. Can't wait for the SOR4 release now.
No problem. On his own channel, he actually goes into depth on the development process of his music, and he even has posted a few unreleased remixes.

And yeah, I can't wait to hear the SoR4 tracks that the G.O.A.T made too.

retrosega

Jun 14, 2019
No problem. On his own channel, he actually goes into depth on the development process of his music, and he even has posted a few unreleased remixes.

And yeah, I can't wait to hear the SoR4 tracks that the G.O.A.T made too.

Thanks again for the Youtube links Virtua King. He really is the G.O.A.T.
I'm finding some absolutely brilliant tracks off that Wangan Midnight Maximum soundtrack.

Last edited:

B. Spaceman

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Spain
I didn't know he had a YouTube channel. That's awesome. This is one of the coolest thing of the internet, 30 years ago you wouldn't even know how the composer of a game looked like, and now...

sir_crocodile

Oct 25, 2017
I didn't know he had a YouTube channel. That's awesome. This is one of the coolest thing of the internet, 30 years ago you wouldn't even know how the composer of a game looked like, and now...

30 years ago, you might not have even known their name. A lot of companies back then in Japan were pretty scuzzy and tried to hide their staffs names to prevent them from being poached - credits were full of nicknames & pseudonyms. We're still not sure who worked on a lot of tracks back then. :(

Deleted member 17210

User-requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Koshiro's name and picture was in gaming mags in the early '90s but yeah, in general, everything was much more hidden for Japanese game makers.

Protoman200X

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
N. Vancouver, BC, Canada
Eh, I tried listening to them earlier, but I'd say they were mostly just ok. With the great Yuzo Koshiro returning, I was hoping for music similar to the stuff that he's been making for the wangan midnight maximum tune series.

Personally, if SEGA had pulled a Capcom and made Remake an official game, that would have been enough for me.

I've have the Maximum Midnight OST's as part of my cardio workout routine, and even the lesser tracks are great.

But I'm happy with the overall quality (and direction) for the SOR4 OST, along with the variety the OST will have with the House & Electronica genres being the focus. With the composers revealed, the OST is going to be no slouch.

Champion

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Tampa, FL
Eh, I tried listening to them earlier, but I'd say they were mostly just ok. With the great Yuzo Koshiro returning, I was hoping for music similar to the stuff that he's been making for the wangan midnight maximum tune series.

Personally, if SEGA had pulled a Capcom and made Remake an official game, that would have been enough for me.

Damn these are fire! Thanks for posting.

Timu

Oct 25, 2017
I found this on the EU eShop and this is probably a spoiler since it matches up with the leaked achievements this game got(yes, they are out there) so this pic is interesting but spoilery for 1 thing, though it features new characters at least.

bandicam-2020-04-08-13-08-09-704.png

jwhit28

Oct 25, 2017
I wasn't expecting that at all. I was already gonna get it day 1 but that will do wonders for replayability. Maybe they can add some SoR3 tracks later.

Timu

Oct 25, 2017
Wait a minute, that retro reveal trailer means those trophies I linked are real then!

Virtua King

Dec 29, 2017
I found this on the EU eShop and this is probably a spoiler since it matches up with the leaked achievements this game got(yes, they are out there) so this pic is interesting but spoilery for 1 thing, though it features new characters at least.

bandicam-2020-04-08-13-08-09-704.png

Yeah, it looks like the leaked trophies were right on the money. SoR4 is seemingly so much grander than how they've initially portrayed it.

KodiakGTS

Jun 4, 2018
This is amazing. I was already hyped about how this game was looking but didn't expect this level of fan service.

Timu

Oct 25, 2017
BTW guys the price is revealed to be releasing soon for 25 bucks, just read that on Twitter.

Ignore the April 23rd release date as Dotemu said it's not official.

Coxy

Oct 28, 2017
Wow looks so much better - and all the characters?!

If this reviews well I will insta buy

BlockABoots

Oct 27, 2017
All the old characters are back!

Errrrrr, who thought adding the old sprites into this game was a good idea, looks awful!. A better ideal was just copy the original design but with this new art design so the characters dont look out of place!!!.

Hopefully some PC modder with some sense will do just that!!

Adding the music from SOR 1&2 is a nice touch but kind of gives the hint that they dont have faith in their new soundtrack!!

Manu

Oct 27, 2017
Buenos Aires, Argentina
Errrrrr, who thought adding the old sprites into this game was a good idea, looks awful!. A better ideal was just copy the original design but with this new art design so the characters dont look out of place!!!.

Another "just press the HD button bro" post, are you people for real

Yeah we just need a modder who can draw every single sprite by hand how hard can it be lazy devs amirite

Jimnymebob

Oct 26, 2017

Adding the music from SOR 1&2 is a nice touch but kind of gives the hint that they dont have faith in their new soundtrack!!

It's fine as a bonus feature, and I feel like you're hugely underestimating the amount of work that would be.

Hell, just adding a new version of Max, Skate, and Zan would be so much work.

BlockABoots

Oct 27, 2017
Another "just press the HD button bro" post, are you people for real

Yeah we just need a modder who can draw every single sprite by hand how hard can it be lazy devs amirite

Yeah because the SOR 1&2 characters had soooo many frames of animation didnt they!!!

It just looks like a Beats Of Rage mod at this point but hey each to their own its at least free!

IronicSonic

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017

Are you complaining about bonus features?

Mandos

Nov 27, 2017
This has me in, retro characters with original sprites and movesets is awesome although I'd imagine some will make the game more difficult