• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

hachikoma

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
I work in politics too and this
10. Stop saying "defund." The only words worse than that word are "abolish" or "ban." Democrats remain utterly terrible at branding. Say "reallocate responsibilities" or something similar.
is asinine.

Yes, Democrats are bad at branding, but "defund the police" and "abolish ICE" don't come from Democrats. They came from the left and the grassroots who understand that messaging in this climate is about themes and ideas, not technical details. There's a reason these broke through. The sooner centrist Dems understand this and quit trying to spoil real energy on the left with their fealty to the status quo and incrementalist branding the better off the world will be.

Watchtower

Oct 27, 2017
Just posting to note that I had donated last night. Nothing too much, just $100, but it's the first time I've ever actually given a political donation before. I've already been doing the least I could do by voting, but with circumstances like this I couldn't not give at least a little something else.

OP
OP
platocplx

platocplx

2020 Member Elect
Oct 30, 2017
Just posting to note that I had donated last night. Nothing too much, just $100, but it's the first time I've ever actually given a political donation before. I've already been doing the least I could do by voting, but with circumstances like this I couldn't not give at least a little something else.
every bit is great!

the lizard

Nov 1, 2017
Thanks for sharing. Just signed up for a $25/wk sustainer. Will probably make a point of donating every time I get scared/anxious/frustrated, too.

Droopaloop

Oct 28, 2017
50 bucks in. It's not enough, but this crooked media YouTube channel is putting in work and I l love it.

Temascos

Oct 27, 2017
Bail Funds you should be able to donate to in florida. they definitely need help. Check them out in the OP

Sorry for the late reply but thank you!

Chipped in a bit, hopefully it does some good over there.

nJD5geH.jpg

BoboBrazil

Attempted to circumvent a ban with an alt
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
42k roughly to 20 million, should get there within 30 minutes or so

BoboBrazil

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Officially past 20 million! This is going to be an insane help to Dems.

BoboBrazil

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
So what do they actually do with this money? Pretty much just buy ads and billboards so people subconsciously know their name?
Buy ads to increase name recognition and get out their message and buy tools to increase voter outreach. Running a political campaign isn't cheap.

BoboBrazil

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I mean I wouldn't mind if they were wearing a mask
Get in touch with your local campaigns and let them know your feelings then. Campaign volunteers would still be at risk because you know the people answering the doors won't be wearing masks. I'm thinking most campaigns will probably start going door to door soon if not already, because I think it does help turn out voters and get more volunteers.

Last edited:
Oct 31, 2017
OP: this is a wonderful thread.

I'm so glad people are getting involved or donating. Even if it doesn't go how we want, sitting around will ensure that we get the same shit. And if it goes how we want, then fan-freaking-tastic.

Good job, dude/ma'am. Good job.

MMBosstones86

Oct 25, 2017
I've never donated to, well, anything political before this.

But fuck this shit. Let's go.

My daughter deserves it.

J3jcLkn.png

firehawk12

Oct 25, 2017
It's funny when all the political class were wringing their hands about whether this was a galvanizing moment for the left.

BoboBrazil

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I've never donated to, well, anything political before this.

But fuck this shit. Let's go.

My daughter deserves it.

J3jcLkn.png

That's awesome! Definitely the kids deserve it. We need a President and Senate that believes in climate change and does things to help slow it again.
Thank you for sharing this! Done my part and shared with friends!
No problem. Registering new voters, especially in these states can be a huge help.

Kaelan

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Maryland
This is an incredible suite of resources, and gives us a diverse set of ways to be involved. Last night I donated, today I registered to write letters urging people to vote, and I'm gonna sign up to be trained so I can text people about voting for Biden

OP
OP
platocplx

platocplx

2020 Member Elect
Oct 30, 2017
This is an incredible suite of resources, and gives us a diverse set of ways to be involved. Last night I donated, today I registered to write letters urging people to vote, and I'm gonna sign up to be trained so I can text people about voting for Biden
Im happy you like this, Its so hard to get engaged and after the hon. RBG passing I just felt tired of feeling powerless every bit helps.