Volunteer by Writing Turnout Letters

BoboBrazil

Attempted to circumvent a ban with an alt
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
This is an incredible suite of resources, and gives us a diverse set of ways to be involved. Last night I donated, today I registered to write letters urging people to vote, and I'm gonna sign up to be trained so I can text people about voting for Biden
Thanks for donating and volunteering. Texting is super easy. Basically it's just clicking numbers over and over and the texts are automated. Then you choose a response to send if they reply. Love texting when it's an option to volunteer.

Here's another way to help also.

votefwd.org

The Big Send | Vote Forward

Together, we’re writing 10 million letters to voters in 2024.

Kaelan

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Maryland
Thanks for donating and volunteering. Texting is super easy. Basically it's just clicking numbers over and over and the texts are automated. Then you choose a response to send if they reply. Love texting when it's an option to volunteer.

votefwd.org

Just registered for that! Sounds super simple and creates a big impact. The stakes are too high to sit out this election - we have to do everything we can.

Deleted member 8257

Oct 26, 2017
How does the cash influx for 2020 stack up against previous election years? I'm talking total, not just ActBlue. Like fundraisers, PACs, everything.

OP
OP
platocplx

platocplx

2020 Member Elect
Oct 30, 2017
How does the cash influx for 2020 stack up against previous election years? I'm talking total, not just ActBlue. Like fundraisers, PACs, everything.
Historic I believe. Biden broke a record las month. Saturday Broke the record in 16 years of act blue. We won't know until like OCt what the total damage is when FEC reports it out

Handicapped Duck

▲ Legend ▲
Avenger
May 20, 2018
Ponds
I scrounged up $500 to donate, should I split that evenly between Register2Vote and the GetMitch, Mississippi race, or give some to the Florida bail funds? I want to make sure my money goes to those that need it more than others.

OP
OP
platocplx

platocplx

2020 Member Elect
Oct 30, 2017
I scrounged up $500 to donate, should I split that evenly between Register2Vote and the GetMitch, Mississippi race, or give some to the Florida bail funds? I want to make sure my money goes to those that need it more than others.
I think go for bail funds, and register2vote you could give an amount to senate races but you can split where it goes and donate to Mississippi there

mAcOdIn

Oct 27, 2017
I signed up to watch polls but I wonder if it'd actually be better to do that unaffiliated? Maybe I can split it? If things get bad was thinking of offering rides and walking with people to the polling place incase goons show up.

Oct 25, 2017

votefwd.org

Signed up for this. I bought a huge book of stamps and box of envelops from Costco earlier this year that I will never be able to use in my lifetime otherwise. I'm in for 50 letters to start.

Navidson REC

Oct 31, 2017
Keep it up people. I'm not an American, but rooting for all the good people in this country in these trying times.

OtisPepperoni

Dec 5, 2017
Apologies if this has already been asked, but does anyone know why Mark Kelly isn't included in the Get Mitch or Die Trying donation site? Seems like he could be hugely important, as he could take office as soon as November.

GoldenEye 007

Roll Tide, Y'all!
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Texas
Apologies if this has already been asked, but does anyone know why Mark Kelly isn't included in the Get Mitch or Die Trying donation site? Seems like he could be hugely important, as he could take office as soon as November.
My guess is because he's already well positioned, funded, and by all indications is a lock for the seat.

RedPanda

Alt-Account
Banned
May 28, 2020
Good luck to everyone in America, as a European i applaud all of you who have donated and are taking actions to remove these scums from office.

SneakyBadger

Oct 26, 2017
So glad that McGrath was replaced by Espy in the Get Mitch fund. Seems like he's still behind in the polls by a fair bit, but it's not insurmountable.

Ithil

Oct 25, 2017
He has been dominating in polls for a long time, and is immensely well funded already. McSally sucks, is unpopular, lost a Senate race already and was appointed to that seat, not voted in, she's dead in the water and it's obvious to everyone.
Biden has also been consistently ahead in Arizona for a while, it's likely going to flip blue.

MasterChumly

Oct 25, 2017
Other people responded but I would also add that there are diminishing returns on money. So people like mark kelly that already have a ton of money won't move the needle as much with additional money. And some of the other races are so low funded that giving somebody like espy money is far more likely to significantly move the needle even if he doesn't win. Because in a wave election there might be a possibility of snagging extra seats but they are going to need some level of base funding to pull off that upset.

Edit: case in point with espy. A mere 500k is TRIPLE what his opponent raised because it wasn't supposed to be a race originally

OtisPepperoni

Dec 5, 2017
Other people responded but I would also add that there are diminishing returns on money. So people like mark kelly that already have a ton of money won't move the needle as much with additional money. And some of the other races are so low funded that giving somebody like espy money is far more likely to significantly move the needle even if he doesn't win. Because in a wave election there might be a possibility of snagging extra seats but they are going to need some level of base funding to pull off that upset.

Edit: case in point with espy. A mere 500k is TRIPLE what his opponent raised because it wasn't supposed to be a race originally

Great, I didnt relize Kelly was that far ahead.

BFIB

Oct 25, 2017
Not sure if this is the right place to post, but it also looks like a second federal judge has stated mail-in voting is required to take precedent and treated as first class mail, and also mandatory overtime will be pre-approved:

www.cnn.com

Second judge rules against USPS, says election mail must be prioritized

The US Postal Service must prioritize election mail and reverse some key policy changes imposed by Postmaster General Louis DeJoy, a federal judge ruled on Monday, saying that "managerial failures" at the agency undermined the public's faith in mail-in voting.

Oct 25, 2017
Signed up for this. I bought a huge book of stamps and box of envelops from Costco earlier this year that I will never be able to use in my lifetime otherwise. I'm in for 50 letters to start.
That was easy. I ordered 100 more stamps from the post office. I have about 300 envelopes left in my closet. Which will be exhausted first, my hand or my envelop stash?

BoboBrazil

Attempted to circumvent a ban with an alt
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Saw a poll on Twitter today that he was behind by 1 point. He's got a much better shot than McGrath does.
Absolutely. McGrath has no chance. Kentucky isn't electing a Democratic senator any time soon. Donating to McGrath is throwing money away.

heavy liquid

Oct 27, 2017

Love it. I was also just reading this article from yesterday:

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/09/21/us/politics/ginsburg-senate-donations.html

From Alaska to Maine to North and South Carolina, Democratic strategists working on Senate campaigns described a spontaneous outpouring of donations the likes of which they had never seen, allowing Democrats the financial freedom to broaden the map of pickup opportunities, or press their financial advantage in top battlegrounds already saturated with advertising.

By Monday, Democratic contributors had given more than $160 million online through ActBlue, the leading site for processing digital donations. ActBlue broke one record after another — its biggest hour in 16 years, its busiest day, its busiest weekend — after Justice Ginsburg's death, with an estimated tens of millions of dollars going toward efforts to retake the Senate, where the acrimonious confirmation fight to replace Justice Ginsburg will occur.

Only hours after Justice Ginsburg's death, Mr. McConnell, the majority leader, promised that the eventual pick would receive a floor vote. Democrats said the news that a vote would be held, despite the justice's dying wish that she not be replaced "until a new president is installed," served as an accelerant for donations — a "rocket ship of rage," as one Senate campaign manager called it.

A single fund-raising page called "Get Mitch or Die Trying," created by the progressive group Crooked Media, has raised more than $18.5 million since Friday evening, initially dividing up the proceeds among 13 Senate candidates.

"I've never seen anything like the enthusiasm since Justice Ginsburg's death broke," said Tommy Vietor, a founder of Crooked Media and a former Obama administration official.