• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Mentalist

Mar 14, 2019
Bakhmut?? Feels like no good news can come from there. The only thing I could imagine is sizeable reinforcements being sent there?
Breakthrough towards Lysychans'k which would threaten to outflank the Wagnerites charging headlong onto Soledar and Bakhmut further S would be best case scenario.

But given all the recent explosions in and around Tokmak, I'm inclined to believe that's where most of the heavy firepower is atm.

Binabik15

Oct 28, 2017
Good to see.

The new list:

Delivered to Ukraine in the last 7 days:
  • 3 bridge-laying tanks BEAVER
  • 8 unmanned surface vessels
  • 12 border protection vehicles
  • 4,000 sleeping bags
  • Mi-24 spare parts
  • 30 ambulances
New on the to-be-delivered list:
  • 7 self-propelled anti-aircraft guns GEPARD
  • 100,000 first aid kits
German military support for Ukraine

I wonder were they found more rounds for the Gepard.
I want to believe there happened something with Switzerland behind closed doors.

Good to see that Ukraine has now the Biber
Bundeswehr-soll16-Biber-Brueckenlegepanzer-an-die-Ukraine-liefern_Foto_Bundeswehr_Marco_Dorow.jpg

EDIT:
The list says Germany delivered in total 59,000 rounds and 4,000 rounds practice ammunitions for the Gepards.
There is no position for ongoing ammunition delivery for AA guns.
Maybe it is still sufficient.

Very nice, especially after Ukrainian soldiers literally had it at the top of their wish list. Too bad there are so few to actually hand out, I just looked it up and over 500 were built originally.

Mentalist

Mar 14, 2019

TonyBaduy

Oct 11, 2020
Mexico
"Neck of the peninsula" is nearly 40 km away from the Spit. Also, 40 km from Hola Prystan.

This all feels like wishful thinking.

Also, as per DeepState, The Lysychans'k-Horlivka frontline.

Nov 1st- Orcs control 1713 sq km
Nov 30th- Orcs control 1757 sq km

Net gain: 44 sq km

for perspective, UAF recovered 4851 sq km of the R. Bank.
Maybe Russia just doesn't have the capability to defend it well, either due to difficulty to provide supplies or difficult terrain, but as with everything, we'll have to wait and see.

Zip

Oct 28, 2017
"Neck of the peninsula" is nearly 40 km away from the Spit. Also, 40 km from Hola Prystan.

This all feels like wishful thinking.

Also, as per DeepState, The Lysychans'k-Horlivka frontline.

Nov 1st- Orcs control 1713 sq km
Nov 30th- Orcs control 1757 sq km

Net gain: 44 sq km

for perspective, UAF recovered 4851 sq km of the R. Bank.

I assume it just to be Russia digging trenches all over the place where they think they might eventually be forced back towards. Such as how they already started digging trenches in the north of Crimea.

maabus1999

Oct 26, 2017

All depends where on the front line is. Basically have settlements north of Melitopol /Tokmak and then the settlements near Polohy and east that are the two areas of most interest.

View: https://twitter.com/wartranslated/status/1598308413393477633?t=Z869Afn2i6qLwz5E76MYXQ&s=19
At this point it seems like a competition to see who can put the mobilized in worse conditions.

By end of this month, I think we'll have a good feeling on how well the mobilized are dealing with winter. Guessing desertions, ignoring orders, and even deaths are going to be very high.

Mentalist

Mar 14, 2019
All depends where on the front line is. Basically have settlements north of Melitopol /Tokmak and then the settlements near Polohy and east that are the two areas of most interest.
If they wanna open up Enerhodar, they'd be withdrawing from Vasylivka, which is currently the primary checkpoint for Ukrainians trying to get out of the occupied territory into free Ukraine.

edit:
View: https://twitter.com/WarMonitor3/status/1598393220127657985?cxt=HHwWgsDQkciK0a4sAAAA

So, largely further E and away from the river. mykhailivka isn't really frontline (30 km)

maabus1999

Oct 26, 2017
If they wanna open up Enerhodar, they'd be withdrawing from Vasylivka, which is currently the primary checkpoint for Ukrainians trying to get out of the occupied territory into free Ukraine.

edit:
View: https://twitter.com/WarMonitor3/status/1598393220127657985?cxt=HHwWgsDQkciK0a4sAAAA

So, largely further E and away from the river. mykhailivka isn't really frontline (30 km)

Yeah, so if this is somewhat accurate, it may be showing where Ukraine is prepping the battlefield and preparing to move towards, which would be an axis towards Berdyansk to cut the Russians off.

UnluckyKate

Oct 25, 2017

you ever been to finland ? Everbody I spoke too hates russia there, all boys dream to go and serve in military service and be ready to shoot russians... its like a unifying raison d'être... These numbers from these polls are not surprising to me at all and once again, yes, Putin only managed to turn neutral sweden and finland into nato after wat, 200 years of VERY important military neutrality to not escalate against russia. GG Putin, G fucking G

coldcrush

Jun 11, 2018
The progress Ukraine has been making is nothing short of phenomenal, none the less some on the ground accounts I have been reading seem to imply that while the Russians are sustaining incredible losses in Bakhmut, their constant bombardment and tactics of sending small groups of soldiers out to draw fire/ locate positions before larger rushes come is somewhat effective in that area (if you can define effective as sacrificing many soldiers to the meat grinder) . The Ukrainians are really in need of reinforcements, ammo and some cycling out of frontline troops. I don't fully know strategically if Ukraine can spare the resources there, but I am hoping for some respite for those troops out there
https://english.nv.ua/nation/contin...-is-holding-the-line-in-bakhmut-50287756.html

Ostron

Mar 23, 2019
British military history YouTuber Lindybeige did an impromptu audio interview with a friend of his who just embarked to join the Ukrainian Foreign Legion (Internatsionalnyi lehion terytorialnoi oborony Ukrainy).

It's an interesting listen which touches on the motivation, expectations and logistics of these volunteers, very matter-of-factly with no chest thumping or sensationalism.

He did a follow-up up interview the other day for those interested Lindybeige isn't the most trustworthy source for information about current events and the guy in the interview comes across as overly snarky but he lays out the early days of the foreign legion and its... growing pains.

View: https://youtu.be/TCbD4WBqPg4

Oct 27, 2017
Seattle
you ever been to finland ? Everbody I spoke too hates russia there, all boys dream to go and serve in military service and be ready to shoot russians... its like a unifying raison d'être... These numbers from these polls are not surprising to me at all and once again, yes, Putin only managed to turn neutral sweden and finland into nato after wat, 200 years of VERY important military neutrality to not escalate against russia. GG Putin, G fucking G

I did not know that, thanks for a closer perspective!

Soundchaser

Oct 25, 2017
www.themoscowtimes.com

Russia Bans Public Discussions of Army Strategy, Troop Morale, Mobilization - The Moscow Times

Russian authorities have banned public discussions of a wide range of non-classified military subjects that activists say will effectively prevent the public from learning crucial information about the Armed Forces.

Banning discussion of the state of the war is usually promising for that side.
Voenkors are probably very "happy" about this.

DHC-Shannow

Oct 29, 2017
Manchester, England
He did a follow-up up interview the other day for those interested Lindybeige isn't the most trustworthy source for information about current events and the guy in the interview comes across as overly snarky but he lays out the early days of the foreign legion and its... growing pains.

View: https://youtu.be/TCbD4WBqPg4

I thought it was a good interview and there's another part to come. Reality of a war with no air support comes across as spending most of your time getting shelled to hell and back with very little to actually aim your gun at.

Mentalist

Mar 14, 2019
Via censor. Net:

Vitaliy Kim (governor of Mykolayiv Oblast') is teasing that UAF hit the orcs "with something new, and it were really heavy hits" in the S today.

Haven't really seen messages about anything out of the ordinary, but here's more smoke on the "southern offensive is coming" fire

activepassive

Oct 28, 2017
Cincinnati, OH

Polk

Avenger
Oct 26, 2017
Is there an actual source, especially regarding the "soaring" pricing in Poland? Read the article, but it's awfully short on facts or proof.
At the begining Starlink price was 500 PLN. In August they were lowered. From 19th November Starlink prices for "home" version went from 230 PLN to 335 PLN (so ~25 USD/Euro increase) and "camper" version from 285 PLN to 430 PLN (~30 USD/Euro).
But lot of stuff got more expensive here because our currency is weak thanks to inflation and neighbouring war.

Raggie

Oct 16, 2018

I'm a Finn and I've never met anyone who wants to shoot Russians or looks forward to the compulsory military service lol.

Deep distrust towards Russia is well ingrained though.

Maxximo

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

I felt it was the same in the baltic countries, the hate towards russians in Vilnius was palpable, maybe a bit less in Estonia but still present. And I'm not talking about the elderly here but 20-30 yers old. This was in 2019 and it really was a surprise to me...then i guess 2022 happened(and when i was there I learned about the hystory of the baltics with Russia...).

Nov 1, 2017
Hopefully this will affect russian war finances!

Shipping costs for Russian crude are skyrocketing as more tanker owners shun the trade days before stricter European Union sanctions take effect.
Owners who are still willing to load Russian crude are attempting to charge more for the risk. Baltic Sea-to-India rates are being discussed at about $15 million -- or $20 a barrel --- for loadings after Dec. 5 when new EU restrictions kick in, said shipbrokers. That's a sharp increase from $9 million to $11.5 million before.

The exorbitant freight is in turn eroding the value of Russian crudes, such as the flagship Urals grade, at their load port as sellers ensure that the final price of delivered oil remains competitive against alternatives. Exports from the Baltic Sea, where Urals loads, rely on small to mid-size vessels such as Aframax and Suezmax tankers.

Behind email paywall:
www.bloomberg.com

Shipping Costs for Russian Oil Soar Ahead of More Sanctions

Shipping costs for Russian crude are skyrocketing as more tanker owners shun the trade days before stricter European Union sanctions take effect.

"The discounts for Urals and ESPO—Russia's eastern-bound export crude—against regional benchmarks have also widened again in recent weeks although they remain well below record levels seen in the aftermath of Russia's February 24 invasion of Ukraine," it said

Baalzebup

Oct 25, 2017

I did not know that, thanks for a closer perspective!

I felt it was the same in the baltic countries, the hate towards russians in Vilnius was palpable, maybe a bit less in Estonia but still present. And I'm not talking about the elderly here but 20-30 yers old. This was in 2019 and it really was a surprise to me...then i guess 2022 happened(and when i was there I learned about the hystory of the baltics with Russia...).
Jesus fuck, no. As my fellow countryman Raggie says just above, Finns in general aren't THAT gun-ho about the military service and most certainly don't drool at the prospect of shooting Russians. What we do have is a high support and willingness to do the mandatory military service as we see it as necessary preparation and deterrent to the threat of Russian military aggression. It is very much of a case of 'Si vis pacem, para bellum.'