zou

Oct 29, 2017
Bad news for Ukrainians, is it war profiteering? Elon Musk needs money since Twitter has decreased revenues.

Starlink prices in Ukraine nearly double as mobile networks falter

The list prices of Starlink communications devices have nearly doubled in Ukraine, as mobile networks have started failing under Russia's assault on the country's electricity grid and increased demand for the SpaceX-manufactured satellite communication device.

Starlink terminals, which are made by Elon Musk-owned SpaceX, will increase in price to $700 for new Ukrainian consumers, according to the company's website. This represents a rise from about $385 earlier this year, screenshots of past pricing data shared by users inside the country show.

The consumer cost of the monthly subscription to Starlink has fluctuated recently, dropping from about $100 to $60 on Ukraine's Independence day on August 24 to "reflect local market conditions," and will now rise to $75.

Prices have also soared in neighboring Poland, where many Ukrainians source Starlink to avoid problems with domestic mail delivery, but remained the same in Slovakia and most other European countries.

Musk did not immediately respond to a request for comment.

arstechnica.com

Starlink prices in Ukraine nearly double as mobile networks falter

Russian assault on electricity grid drives Starlink prices up.

Is there an actual source, especially regarding the "soaring" pricing in Poland? Read the article, but it's awfully short on facts or proof.

Here's what starlink.com currently shows:

Starlink is available for purchase in limited supply in parts of Ukraine. To purchase Starlink, you can place an order below. After the Starlink team confirms your address is in an area where the carrier can deliver, you will receive an email to complete your order. Deliveries typically take 2 - 3 weeks from order completion.
75 US$/mo for service and 600 US$ for hardware

Germany
80/EUR and 460 EUR

Poland
70/EUR and 470 EUR

Slovakia
60/EUR and 370 EUR

Romania
50/EUR and 480 EUR

So they dropped the monthly charge from $100 to $75 and I'm pretty sure delivery to Ukraine is going to be slightly more expensive for some reason, $150 doesn't seem to be unreasonable. And the hardware cost in Poland is comparable to other countries. There's enough to criticize Musk for, not sure why Arstechnica need to make shit up..

Boondocks

Nov 30, 2020
NE Georgia USA
Is there an actual source, especially regarding the "soaring" pricing in Poland? Read the article, but it's awfully short on facts or proof.

Here's what starlink.com currently shows:

Starlink is available for purchase in limited supply in parts of Ukraine. To purchase Starlink, you can place an order below. After the Starlink team confirms your address is in an area where the carrier can deliver, you will receive an email to complete your order. Deliveries typically take 2 - 3 weeks from order completion.
75 US$/mo for service and 600 US$ for hardware

Germany
80/EUR and 460 EUR

Poland
70/EUR and 470 EUR

Slovakia
60/EUR and 370 EUR

Romania
50/EUR and 480 EUR

So they dropped the monthly charge from $100 to $75 and I'm pretty sure delivery to Ukraine is going to be slightly more expensive for some reason, $150 doesn't seem to be unreasonable. And the hardware cost in Poland is comparable to other countries. There's enough to criticize Musk for, not sure why Arstechnica need to make shit up..

The article that they based this on was in the Financial Times which requires a subscription.

I did find this comment on the Ars Technica posting:

"So I just checked from Romania - we have a direct border with Ukraine:

RON 230/mo for service and RON 2,400 for hardware. Shipping RON 0.00. Not sure if they include VAT or not. Might be american style pricing with taxes hidden.

At today's rate that's 48.6 USD/month and 507 USD for the hardware.

Do those Ukraine costs include shipping? I can understand that shipping to a warring country is more expensive - for the hardware. But the expenses for the monthly service should be the same."--Torp

Pomerlaw

Erarboreal
Feb 25, 2018

Comrade Musk needs pre-approval from Tucker and Putin.

open.aspx

fac0b61a-2fcb-4dac-95ba-ac88317b9aa2.png

Give for Ukrainians
Your help has improved the lives of more than 9 mln people. You have become a genuine friend to the entire Ukrainian nation, having come to the rescue in the most dreadful of times.
We have selected for you a few stories of volunteers who continue their work in some of the worst-hit regions of Ukraine - the cities and villages that were under occupation. "We kept believing, we waited for you!" - that's how people greet them there. Each of these stories - is a call for kindness.
Tetiana distributes food to the people of Kherson, who lived 256 days of fear under the occupation: "We prepared for several weeks for the trip to Kherson. As soon as the military gave permission, we were on our way, bringing several trucks of aid with us. Kherson region turned out to be almost intact - because it was occupied on the very first day of the war. Intact, yet starving. People barely survived on whatever they had stored away or could harvest in the area. Now, guess - what was their next request after food? - Connection. They wanted to know how their kids, sisters, and neighbors were doing - who, half a year ago, had to break through the frontlines to reach free Ukraine.
dc05d4f5-801d-4a37-a149-70a5b60f651e.jpeg
Along with bread and pasta, we now pack our trucks with power generators and satellite communication devices so people can charge their phones or make a call. For many, it was the first opportunity in 9 months to reach their relatives and tell them they're alive."

Sergiy has been treating the people of Lyman in Kharkiv region after 131 days of terror under the occupation: "Lyman was liberated on the 4th of October. Our mobile unit arrived shortly in the city. Elderly people, kids, people with disabilities, and pregnant women - all stayed without medicine, treatment, and doctors for half a year. I am not a doctor, just a driver for the unit. But I know what insulin means for people with diabetes - I remember it from movies from childhood. Now these horrors unfold before my eyes. We leave a supply for insulin-dependent people and move on.
0c30f8e0-82cd-4af4-b7bb-cab8b06d0ba4.jpg
There's a 9-year-old boy who hit a land mine and needs to be urgently delivered to the "mainland". Ukraine is currently the most mined place on Earth - according to the UN. I wonder how they know it from their offices, but I can confirm - it is true."

Vitaliy, who has been delivering warmth to the people of the Kyiv region after 35 days of tragic occupation and heavy fighting: "Bucha, Irpin, Borodyanka - these cities, just a few kilometers from Kyiv, were liberated at the beginning of April, but the state they were left in, without heat, wouldn't let the residents last the winter. Think about it - it's the 21st century. There's a spaceship being built somewhere bound to go to Mars, while we deliver a thousand wood stoves to a town just next to the capital.
5cc29d8a-1df4-437a-a247-a15adc41a867.jpeg
And the people of Borodyanka, though shivering from cold, keep joking that it is all they dreamed of their entire life - a living room with a fireplace, like those in the Christmas movies. Well, here's a cozy Christmas to all of you, my dear Ukrainians with holes in the walls yet souls intact!"

Owing to your kindness, nearly 30 000 tons of humanitarian aid has already been delivered by our volunteers to the affected towns and villages. With your support, we can help those still suffering from the war. Turn your compassion into action and let the good prevail.

For the past nine months, we have told you many stories of how the war changed the lives of Ukrainians. During this time, you have become a real support for those who faced the hardships of war. You have become a genuine friend who lends a helping hand to people in need. Thousands of volunteers were able to help millions of people thanks to your contributions . Along with the basic things, like food, water, warm clothing, and shelter, we supplied more specialized aid - medicine and equipment, transportation, and restoration of damaged infrastructure and buildings. We also provided psychological assistance to people who lost all hope due to the death of their family members, the destruction of their cities, and the inability to adapt to new realities.
Give for Ukrainians
3829e0c8-61f4-4486-9cc0-5200e6c0ff19.png

Avitus

Oct 25, 2017
The guys coming off the Kherson line are likely resting and kitting up for winter. Curious to see what they do next.

We haven't had much public news about force generation so I don't see a major push in the cards with Russian regulars now sprinkled along the line, properly gapped in depth. Breakthroughs get more difficult as defensive lines shrink in length. The average density of Russian lines and quality has crept up with Kherson falling.

Russia giving up ZNPP makes me think their situation south of Kherson is worse than they are letting on and Melitopol is in actual danger from whatever is forming up. We might see a super ambitious pincer attack from UA.

Mentalist

Mar 14, 2019
Getting the faintest of early buzz that AFU resumed the Kreminna offensive with the rain stopping.

Think it'll take 2 weeks to see which way UAF is shaping.

Ruscists have an executive order to digitize their reserves and conscript database by end of the year. 2nd wave will be starting in mid- Jan (after Old New Year, when the holidays are officially over)

So there's roughly 8 weeks until the orcs start basically a conveyor line of mobiks going to the front, prompting the West into a direct attrition competition to provide UAF with a constant stream of ammo to keep killing them.

Binabik15

Oct 28, 2017
I have no strategic knowledge and my tactics involve rolling dices to kill miniatures. BUTA the fact that Ukraine seems to preparing a new offensive instead of letting Russia pillage and rape all of winter sounds good for the people under occupation, doesn't it? I just hope the poor defenders in Bakhmut get deserved relief as well.

Mentalist

Mar 14, 2019
That Svatove/Kremimna Push would likely collapse the entire northern part of Luhansk.

Unless they fall back to the Aidar and are able to hold there. Once the UAF commits here, there's a greater risk of them becoming flanked from the N by the orcs across the border in Belgorod and Voronezh Oblasts, so getting too ambitious with this push is also kinda risky. N of Luhans'K Oblast is in un-enviable position here, since it's got orc-controlled territory from the N, E, and S across the Donets'--which is why it was ceded with only minimal fighting retreat in the 1st few weeks of the war- once Kup'yans'k was taken due to its mayor's treasonous actions, holding the line there became nigh on impossible, and gradually the troops had to fall back to Kreminna, Lyman and the banks of the Oskil.

The guys coming off the Kherson line are likely resting and kitting up for winter. Curious to see what they do next.

We haven't had much public news about force generation so I don't see a major push in the cards with Russian regulars now sprinkled along the line, properly gapped in depth. Breakthroughs get more difficult as defensive lines shrink in length. The average density of Russian lines and quality has crept up with Kherson falling.

Russia giving up ZNPP makes me think their situation south of Kherson is worse than they are letting on and Melitopol is in actual danger from whatever is forming up. We might see a super ambitious pincer attack from UA.

I am still not sure I buy the withdrawal from Enerhodar, tbh. It's only 100 km from the Enerhodar Circle Road to Kakhovka, and that entire area along the Dnipro bank would be criss-crossed by UAF artillery coverage from NE in Enerhodar and across the river. And where do they draw the defensive line- make Tokmak the frontier fortress town? It feels too hopeful atm.

I have no strategic knowledge and my tactics involve rolling dices to kill miniatures. BUTA the fact that Ukraine seems to preparing a new offensive instead of letting Russia pillage and rape all of winter sounds good for the people under occupation, doesn't it? I just hope the poor defenders in Bakhmut get deserved relief as well.
UAF needs to maintain the initiative and keep them guessing, so they don't know where to mass their quality troops to defend and where to attack. Ideally this means less free time to terrorize the locals, too, but the main objective is to reduce the breathing space the ruscists have to solidify their holdings. Once they start the next conveyor line of mobiks going, things could get a lot tougher.

Everyday Math

Oct 25, 2017
Pentagon to award $1.2 bln contract to Raytheon for Ukrainian NASAMS
The Pentagon will award a $1.2-billion contract to Raytheon Technologies Co (RTX.N) for six National Advanced Surface-to-Air Missile Systems (NASAMS) for Ukraine, according to a person familiar with the situation and a document seen by Reuters.

The United States has approved sending Ukraine a total of eight NASAMS.

An announcement of the Army's contract award was expected as soon as Tuesday, the person said.
——
These six NASAMS systems were part of the fifth Ukraine Security Assistance Initiative (USAI) package which was announces on August 24 and had a total value of $2.98 billion, according to a document seen by Reuters.

The contract is for the NASAMS batteries, training, and logistical support to Ukraine's military and security forces.

eathdemon

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Unless they fall back to the Aidar and are able to hold there. Once the UAF commits here, there's a greater risk of them becoming flanked from the N by the orcs across the border in Belgorod and Voronezh Oblasts, so getting too ambitious with this push is also kinda risky. N of Luhans'K Oblast is in un-enviable position here, since it's got orc-controlled territory from the N, E, and S across the Donets'--which is why it was ceded with only minimal fighting retreat in the 1st few weeks of the war- once Kup'yans'k was taken due to its mayor's treasonous actions, holding the line there became nigh on impossible, and gradually the troops had to fall back to Kreminna, Lyman and the banks of the Oskil.

I am still not sure I buy the withdrawal from Enerhodar, tbh. It's only 100 km from the Enerhodar Circle Road to Kakhovka, and that entire area along the Dnipro bank would be criss-crossed by UAF artillery coverage from NE in Enerhodar and across the river. And where do they draw the defensive line- make Tokmak the frontier fortress town? It feels too hopeful atm.

UAF needs to maintain the initiative and keep them guessing, so they don't know where to mass their quality troops to defend and where to attack. Ideally this means less free time to terrorize the locals, too, but the main objective is to reduce the breathing space the ruscists have to solidify their holdings. Once they start the next conveyor line of mobiks going, things could get a lot tougher.
the funny thing is is Russia ewas anywhere near what they claimed, they are not, uaf should be able to hide trop movements its funny just how bad russia is at this.

GrantDaNasty

Oct 27, 2017
Thanks for the context, pretty damning arguments. Sad to see that rounding up fleeing Ukrainian children and (an almost gleeful) crushing of non-Russian culture continues to be a recurring theme in Russia-Ukrainian history. Oh and crimes against grain, too. And the blaming of Ukrainian nationalists for Soviet/Russian failures. huh :/

Woah they exported grain in a famine?? :/

The unfortunate truth is that there are no good guys with any kind of power in ideologies.

I am fully aware of the failures of capitalism, the crimes countries like the US, The UK, France, Germany have committed, but what is sad is how being from a country that suffered greatly at the hands of the USSR/Russian occupation, I keep seeing people who keep parroting this idea of "USSR were good guys".

They always put Russia first, always. Ukrainians died of famine cause of it, 1/3rd of the Estonian population was over time shipped off to Siberian work camps and gulags to die for "dissenting opinions".

Some people, despite how much they talk about nuance, have to break it down into a simple "X bad, Y good", which more than anything is just patronizing at a minimim and offensive at most when they criticise "western ideology" and its negatives.

fragamemnon

Nov 30, 2017
Russia's daily troop losses and making barely any effort to collect their dead continues to be mindboggling.

One key note about the numbers is that they are both pretty believable given the telegram reports of the intensity of fighting, and that they are happening after the completion of UAF's Kherson operation, which was by all accounts a very intense affair.

It's a short-term solution to stabilize the lines that comes at the long-term cost of political stability. It's no coincidence that nationalist attacks on the MoD are ramping up in tenor as the mobilization continues.

NetMapel

Oct 25, 2017

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8VGTOrkr36A

Not sure if he managed to happened to speak to some more clear headed folks, but some Russians certainly seem somewhat critical of their current government. They are close to actually "getting it" as long as you ask them questions in a slightly more indirect way. Would be quite something if he followed up with some questions related to Ukraine only for them to answer in terrible ways. But you should kind of see the logic of A) Accepting that their living condition is worse than western Europe -> B) Does waging a war in Ukraine solve that!?!? Bonus C) Even if you gain additional land from Ukraine, why would you want to subject Ukranians there to the worse Russian living standard?

Oh and pay no attention to them Soviet folks 😓

Scottoest

Feb 4, 2020

It needs to happen, for Ukraine's sake at this point. Gonna be hard enough of a road to recover from what Russia have done to the country over the last 9 months, let alone having the specter hanging over your heads of Russia coming back for another kick at the can in a few years.

They'll have to fully throw out Russia and see some kind of formal-ish ceasing of hostilities though.

EagleClaw

Dec 31, 2018

View: https://twitter.com/NATOpress/status/1598228090987040768

Some interesting points:

• NATO has strengthen its presence in the Black Sea per Bulgaria, Romania and Türkye, as well as in NATO partnership with Georgia
  • Maintaining and ammunition for delivered systems to Ukraine is more important then sending a high number of new kind of systems
  • NATO doesn't support the idea of an European Defence Coalition that is in "competition" to NATO
  • NATO supports stronger European cooperation on defence systems.
  • Europe should rise their defence spendings to support NATO, currently Europe is responsible for only 20% of the NATO budget
  • There is no "fear" about a 2nd Trump presidency, NATO troop numbers actually got stronger in Europe during his 1st presidency
  • NATO supports a "2 states resolution" on the "Cyprus question".
  • and, of course, NATO is stronger then ever.
While the "Cyprus question" was ask, there was sadly none about the other problems with Türkye.
Like the new NATO members and threats in the direction of Greece.

--------------------------------------------------------------------

Interview with Zoltan Kovacs, Secretary of the Hungarian Prime Minister

View: https://youtu.be/D5aFB91puwA

You will hear a lot of "We are a small country, we need the energy", of course completely ignoring the fact that they are part of the EU.
One, if not the, biggest multinational union of the world.

Last edited:

LifeLike

Oct 31, 2017
Interview with Zoltan Kovacs, Secretary of the Hungarian Prime Minister

View: https://youtu.be/D5aFB91puwA

You will hear a lot of "We are a small country, we need the energy", of course completely ignoring the fact that they are part of the EU.
One, if not the, biggest multinational union of the world.

If Hungary is only thinking about their self interest, why be a member of EU and NATO?

Kovacs is a master of eluding questions and that interviewer was not afraid of the « in your face » questions…

EagleClaw

Dec 31, 2018
If Hungary is only thinking about their self interest, why be a member of EU and NATO?

Kovacs is a master of eluding questions and that interviewer was not afraid of the « in your face » questions…

I have no doubt that Orban would have left the EU in a second if Hungary wouldn't have financial gains through EU membership.
He would have introduced a trade deal with Russia and Belarus.

NATO membership provides highly comfortable inexpensive security and voting rights regarding the security of their neighborhood.

While i can see other former regime ruled nations joining the EU, i could see Hungary going the other direction.
They could truly become a small little nation without power.

Mentalist

Mar 14, 2019
Via censor.net

The VDV bastards who stole the raccoon did a promo video with gauleiters of Crimea and Kherson. When Sal'do (forget mayor of Kherson who was appointed by the orcs as head of occupational admin for the oblast) tried petting the racoon, he bit his hand.

SFLUFAN

Oct 27, 2017
Alexandria, VA
ISW analysis for 30 November 2022:

Institute for the Study of War

Russian efforts around Bakhmut indicate that Russian forces have fundamentally failed to learn from previous high-casualty campaigns concentrated on objectives of limited operational or strategic significance. Russian forces have continually expended

Click here to see ISW's interactive map of the Russian invasion of Ukraine. This map is updated daily alongside the static maps present in this report.

Russian efforts around Bakhmut indicate that Russian forces have fundamentally failed to learn from previous high-casualty campaigns concentrated on objectives of limited operational or strategic significance. Russian forces have continually expended combat strength on small settlements around Bakhmut since the end of May; in the following six months, they have only secured gains on the order of a few kilometers at a time.[1] As ISW has previously observed, Russian efforts to advance on Bakhmut have resulted in the continued attrition of Russian manpower and equipment, pinning troops on relatively insignificant settlements for weeks and months at a time.[2] This pattern of operations closely resembles the previous Russian effort to take Severodonetsk and Lysychansk earlier in the war. As ISW assessed throughout June and July of this year, Ukrainian forces essentially allowed Russian troops to concentrate efforts on Severodonetsk and Lysychansk, two cities near the Luhansk Oblast border of limited operational and strategic significance, in order to capitalize on the continued degradation of Russian manpower and equipment over the course of months of grinding combat.[3] Russian troops eventually captured Lysychansk and Severodonetsk and reached the Luhansk Oblast border, but that tactical success translated to negligible operational benefit as the Russian offensive in the east then culminated. Russian efforts in this area have remained largely stalled along the lines that they reached in early July. Even if Russian troops continue to advance toward and within Bakhmut, and even if they force a controlled Ukrainian withdrawal from the city (as was the case in Lysychansk), Bakhmut itself offers them little operational benefit. The costs associated with six months of brutal, grinding, and attrition-based combat around Bakhmut far outweigh any operational advantage that the Russians can obtain from taking Bakhmut. Russian offensives around Bakhmut, on the other hand, are consuming a significant proportion of Russia's available combat power, potentially facilitating continued Ukrainian counteroffensives elsewhere.

Russian state nuclear power company Rosatom stated that the former chief engineer of the Zaporizhzhia Nuclear Power Plant (ZNPP) has become the new director of the ZNPP. Rosatom advisor Renat Karchaa announced on November 30 that Yuriy Chernichuk has become the new ZNPP director and the first deputy general director of the Joint Stock Company "Operating Organization of the ZNPP," which is the entity that Rosatom formed on October 3 to essentially replace Ukrainian company Energoatom as the plant's operator and to oversee the "safe operation" of the ZNPP and manage personnel activities within the plant.[4] Karchaa also noted that the entire management company of the ZNPP is formed of existing members of ZNPP staff who have signed a new employment contract.[5] Rosatom's direct role in appointing and overseeing ZNPP management is consistent with previous efforts to install and maintain Russian control of the ZNPP in a way that is likely intended to force the International Atomic Energy Agency (IAEA) to de facto accept Russian claims over the plant by interacting with Russian-controlled ZNPP staff.[6]

The Kremlin continues efforts to stifle domestic dissent through legislation that broadens the definition of "foreign agents" and those amenable to foreign influence. Russian media began reporting on November 23 that the Russian government approved new restrictions on the ability of those deemed "foreign agents" to post materials created by foreign-influenced sources and conduct public activities, which will enter into effect on December 1.[7] The Russian Ministry of Justice expanded the list of "individual-foreign agents" on November 27 on the basis of those individuals conducting unspecified political activities.[8] The United Kingdom Ministry of Defense (UK MoD) also noted that Russian President Vladimir Putin has approved amendments to the 2012 "Foreign Agents Law" that extends the original definition of "foreign agents" to anyone who is under undefined "influence or pressure" from foreign actors.[9] The amendments also afford the Russian Ministry of Justice the purview to publish the personal details of designated foreign agents, opening them up to public harassment.[10] These measures are likely intended to crack down on increasing instances of domestic dissent about the Kremlin's conduct of the war. By broadening the definition of those classified as foreign agents, the Kremlin can expand its weaponization of this designation to ratchet up censorship measures and exert increased control over the information space.

The Belarusian Minster of Defense made comments likely in support of ongoing information operations, and some Russian sources reframed those comments so as to place further pressure on Belarusian officials to support Russia's war in Ukraine. Belarusian Minister of Defense Lieutenant General Viktor Khrenin stated on November 30 that the actions of bordering NATO members suggest that preparations are underway to conduct military operations in the eastern direction (i.e., against Belarus).[11] While Khrenin's comments incorporate several possible types of military operations, Russian media and a milblogger reported his comments as saying explicitly that NATO is preparing for offensive operations in the eastern direction (which is a nonsensical accusation).[12] Khrenin likely made the comments about NATO military activities on the borders with Belarus in support of what ISW has previously assessed is an ongoing information operation aimed at fixing Ukrainian forces on the border with Belarus in response to the threat of Belarus entering the war.[13] ISW has also previously assessed that Belarus is highly unlikely to enter the war.[14] Russian sources likely framed Khrenin's comments to be more inflammatory in order to support the information operation about Belarus entering the war but also to set more escalatory information conditions that may place more pressure on Belarusian officials to further support the Russian offensive campaign in Ukraine.

Russian opinion polling suggests that the Russian public may be tiring of Russia's war in Ukraine. Russian opposition media outlet Meduza reported on November 30 that it had gained access to the results of an opinion poll commissioned by the Kremlin for internal use that shows that 55 percent of Russians favor peace talks with Ukraine and 25 percent favor continuing the war.[15] Russian independent polling organization Levada's October polling shows a similar breakdown with 34 percent favoring continuing military actions in Ukraine and 57 percent favoring negotiations.[16] Internal Kremlin polling reportedly placed the percentage of Russians supporting negotiations with Ukraine at 32 percent in July and the percentage favoring the continuation of the war at 57 percent.[17] Meduza reported that the director of the Levada Center Denis Volkov stated that the share of Russians likely to support peace talks with Ukraine began to grow rapidly following Russian President Vladimir Putin's partial mobilization decree.[18] Disruptions associated with partial mobilization and Russian setbacks on the battlefield have likely contributed to an increasing war weariness among the Russian public, as reflected in the polling.

Key Takeaways
  • The Russian military's efforts around Bakhmut suggest that Russian forces failed to learn from previous costly campaigns focused on operationally insignificant settlements.
  • Russian state nuclear company Rosenergoatom appointed a new director for the Zaporizhzhia Nuclear Power Plant.
  • The Kremlin continues efforts to stifle domestic dissent through an expansion of measures ostensibly aimed against "foreign agents."
  • Russian opinion polling suggests that the Russian public may be growing tired of Russia's war in Ukraine.
  • Russian forces continued efforts to defend against Ukrainian counteroffensive operations along the Svatove-Kreminna line.
  • Russia forces continued to make incremental gains around Bakhmut and to conduct offensive operations in the Avdiivka-Donetsk City area.
  • A Ukrainian official acknowledged that Ukrainian forces are conducting an operation on the Kinburn Spit.
  • Russian and Ukrainian sources indicated that Russian officials are continuing to conduct partial mobilization measures.
  • Russian officials' ongoing efforts to integrate illegally annexed territories into the Russian Federation are likely very disorganized.

DraftUkraineCoTNovember30,2022.png

activepassive

Oct 28, 2017
Cincinnati, OH
The thing I've noticed with Bakhmut and the daily numbers is the steep reduction in equipment destruction and then in watching videos of the battlefield its always infantry with no mechanized support. To me it speaks volumes to a) potentially a lack of equipment to even use and b) the utter disregard for all of these lives needlessly lost/ruined/destroyed. Unreal.

Mentalist

Mar 14, 2019
The thing I've noticed with Bakhmut and the daily numbers is the steep reduction in equipment destruction and then in watching videos of the battlefield its always infantry with no mechanized support. To me it speaks volumes to a) potentially a lack of equipment to even use and b) the utter disregard for all of these lives needlessly lost/ruined/destroyed. Unreal.
Thinning out the convict horde in order to reduce the admin costs of the penitentiary system.

BlackLagoon

Oct 25, 2017
Turkey and Hungary won't let that happen anytime soon I'm guessing.
Ukraine joining NATO would suit Turkey just fine, it would just help cement them as "ruler" of the Black Sea. Erdogan is blocking Sweden and Finland because he wants concessions, and because he doesn't give a crap about the security of the Nordic and Baltic countries.

Buckle

Oct 27, 2017
I imagine Russian troops assaulting Bakhmut is like watching a scene out of a zombie film.

Just a brainless shuffling horde throwing themselves at the walls.

What a mess.

Buckle

Oct 27, 2017
It's slaughterhouse for both sides sadly, Ukraine takes very heavy losses there.
I imagine they do but Russia is probably losing an an insane amount of people on this bizzare venture. From all accounts of what people keep saying, it just doesn't seem worth it for them. Even if they take it, they won't keep it for long.

Really tells you how shit things are for Russia when Wagner's star is supposedly rising and they're just getting tilled into the soil en masse with not a lot to show for it.

EagleClaw

Dec 31, 2018
Laptops for Ukraine
supported by the European Commission and the Ministry of Digital Transformation of Ukraine

View: https://youtu.be/4nMCSnA7jVU

There is an collection hub in Brussels, Belgium at the DigitalEurope offices
Rue de la Science 14, 7th floor
Mondays: 9:00 to 17:00
Fridays: 9:00 to 14:00
(Except 16 December to 8 January)

More information on the official site
laptopsforukraine.com

They also ask for help setting up collection hubs in other nations/regions.

DBT85

Resident Thread Mechanic
Oct 26, 2017
Turkey and Hungary won't let that happen anytime soon I'm guessing.

Best to just treat them like they're an unofficial member going forward.
The only obstacle to Ukraine joining NATO will be an ongoing conflict with Russia. Sadly that's an obstacle that Russia can keep putting in the way.

EagleClaw

Dec 31, 2018

Good to see.

The new list:

Delivered to Ukraine in the last 7 days:
  • 3 bridge-laying tanks BEAVER
  • 8 unmanned surface vessels
  • 12 border protection vehicles
  • 4,000 sleeping bags
  • Mi-24 spare parts
  • 30 ambulances
New on the to-be-delivered list:
  • 7 self-propelled anti-aircraft guns GEPARD
  • 100,000 first aid kits
German military support for Ukraine

I wonder were they found more rounds for the Gepard.
I want to believe there happened something with Switzerland behind closed doors.

Good to see that Ukraine has now the Biber
Bundeswehr-soll16-Biber-Brueckenlegepanzer-an-die-Ukraine-liefern_Foto_Bundeswehr_Marco_Dorow.jpg

EDIT:
The list says Germany delivered in total 59,000 rounds and 4,000 rounds practice ammunitions for the Gepards.
There is no position for ongoing ammunition delivery for AA guns.
Maybe it is still sufficient.

Last edited: